HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 4 vs. Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 4 vs. Washington Capitals
Artem Anisimov 2 1.14%
Brandon Dubinsky 4 2.29%
Ruslan Fedotenko 47 26.86%
Marian Gaborik 37 21.14%
Dan Girardi 17 9.71%
Henrik Lundqvist 51 29.14%
Ryan McDonagh 2 1.14%
Brandon Prust 1 0.57%
Michael Sauer 1 0.57%
Marc Staal 4 2.29%
Other 9 5.14%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-21-2011, 03:30 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
Damn you guys need to grow a thicker skin. This arguing over who a TRUE FAN OF TEH TEEMZ is just insane.

So there's idiots on their side, there's PLENTY of idiots on our side. So what?

The Rangers blew a 3 goal lead, are second to last last of all 16 playoff teams in goals and power play conversions, cant carry the puck into the offensive zone for the life of them, have a 0 goal scoring 35 year old 7.1 million a year player (and a 1 goal scoring absent "star making 7.5 mil per year), cant convert on 3 (or 4?) two man advantages, and are in a 3-1 hole against one of the best teams in the league, and all we can do is complain about bandwagon or fairweather fans?

Holy ****.
We are numbing the pain, by complaining about everything else under the sun. Don't disturb us!!

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:34 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
We are numbing the pain, by complaining about everything else under the sun. Don't disturb us!!
Apparently, the ONLY thing allowed to be discussed is why our team lost. You are not allowed to discuss the other team their fans, the officials, or the tv coverage; however please feel free to wish harm upon our own players, coaches, front office workers, janitorial staff and other fans.

Holy ****

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:34 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

It really is a shame that the moron bandwagoners ruin the reputation of Caps fans for the diehards. I was at both games 3 and 4 and they're giving the Habs fans a run for it's money in stupidity. Taunting before the game, taunting Ranger fans after the Caps lost on Sunday, coming off a bus in front of MSG giving all the Ranger fans the finger, etc. One girl in 404 last night wouldn't shut the **** up and had to be one of those center of attention fans cheering obnoxiously at every play. All I have to say is that she's lucky she was a woman other wise she was dead. I think it was her bf or something next to her in a Caps shirt but he just sat there and watched the game. I don't have a problem with you cheering for your team but some of the Caps fans in attendance at these two games have been the biggest pieces of **** I've ever seen walk into MSG for a game.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:45 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Apparently, the ONLY thing allowed to be discussed is why our team lost. You are not allowed to discuss the other team their fans, the officials, or the tv coverage; however please feel free to wish harm upon our own players, coaches, front office workers, janitorial staff and other fans.

Holy ****
Lol..yes, I loved the "****ing die Marion Gaborik", "Burn in hell" posts last night.

I know exactly why our team lost. They got a 3-0 lead, went 0-7 on the power play, but thought that was enough, eased up, and blew the ****ing lead. Ok, end of story!! Moving on...Caps sucks, their fans sucks, the refs sucks, MSG network sucks, and the NY media sucks..anyone has a problem with me saying this stuff..put me on your ignore list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
It really is a shame that the moron bandwagoners ruin the reputation of Caps fans for the diehards. I was at both games 3 and 4 and they're giving the Habs fans a run for it's money in stupidity. Taunting before the game, taunting Ranger fans after the Caps lost on Sunday, coming off a bus in front of MSG giving all the Ranger fans the finger, etc. One girl in 404 last night wouldn't shut the **** up and had to be one of those center of attention fans cheering obnoxiously at every play. All I have to say is that she's lucky she was a woman other wise she was dead. I think it was her bf or something next to her in a Caps shirt but he just sat there and watched the game. I don't have a problem with you cheering for your team but some of the Caps fans in attendance at these two games have been the biggest pieces of **** I've ever seen walk into MSG for a game.
Haha...if me and CJ were there with you, I guarantee she woulda shut that girl up real quick.

Old
04-21-2011, 03:53 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Lol..yes, I loved the "****ing die Marion Gaborik", "Burn in hell" posts last night.

I know exactly why our team lost. They got a 3-0 lead, went 0-7 on the power play, but thought that was enough, eased up, and blew the ****ing lead. Ok, end of story!! Moving on...Caps sucks, their fans sucks, the refs sucks, MSG network sucks, and the NY media sucks..anyone has a problem with me saying this stuff..put me on your ignore list!

Haha...if me and CJ were there with you, I guarantee she woulda shut that girl up real quick.
She really was asking for it. The "you have herpes" chant developed soon after too. I mean you're in someone elses house for a playoff game and the home team just blew a three goal lead in a game they had to have, you might just wanna take it down a notch for your own safety. I wouldn't do that at the Prudential Center or I'm sure CJ would have shut me up too

Old
04-21-2011, 04:06 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:

Holy ****
Right, because 5-6 pages of you guys puffing your chests out saying who the real fans are and calling theirs a bunch of johnny come lately bandwagoners is just fantastic posting. Holy **** indeed.

We're all pissed off, and yep, some of the Caps fans are acting like jackasses. We come off the same way with all of this.

It's like Tawmee from Quinzee on Kissing Suzy Kolber is trolling us.
"YOU AREAH NAWT REAL FANS. YOU AND YAR FAH**N FAT COACH ARE NAWT THEYAH BEFORAH YOU GAWT THAT DIRRRTY CAWMEEE OVECHKIN PEOPLE KNOW THIS"

Except when Drew does that it's actually funny. I'm not the forums police nor a mod but this fandom **** is just getting dumb.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 04:06 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
She really was asking for it. The "you have herpes" chant developed soon after too. I mean you're in someone elses house for a playoff game and the home team just blew a three goal lead in a game they had to have, you might just wanna take it down a notch for your own safety. I wouldn't do that at the Prudential Center or I'm sure CJ would have shut me up too
That is AWESOME!

Yeah, she doesn't stand for crap like that. I've see her light into her own fans who were being d*uchebags...at Ranger-Devil games! But you've been a good egg at the ones we've seen you at, so I know you wouldn't have.

Funny thing is..she has 2 Caps shirts (she likes Ovie, and she bought an Arnott one when we went down to DC for Game 2), so if we woulda been there with you, she probably would've ripped this girl to shreds wearing her Arnott shirt

Old
04-21-2011, 04:10 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Right, because 5-6 pages of you guys puffing your chests out saying who the real fans are and calling theirs a bunch of johnny come lately bandwagoners is just fantastic posting. Holy **** indeed.

We're all pissed off, and yep, some of the Caps fans are acting like jackasses. We come off the same way with all of this.

"YOU AREAH NAWT REAL FANS. YOU AND YAR FAH**N FAT COACH ARE NAWT THEYAH BEFORAH YOU GAWT THAT DIRRRTY CAWMEEE OVECHKIN PEOPLE KNOW THIS"

Except when Drew does that it's actually funny. I'm not the forums police nor a mod but this fandom **** is just getting dumb.
I apologize. I will make sure ALL of my future posts meet your excellent forum standards.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Couple of days to somehow fix our power play..

Shot,shot, just *** shot... AT the goal...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Woke up this morning, felt good, went downstairs and took a quick glance at the sports section of my newspaper. That knot in my gut from last night resurfaced.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 04:17 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:

It's just a case of people seeing these ****ing fans being rewarded with a good team while we stick with this team throughout it all and get rewarded with **** every year.

To be honest, I don't have a problem discussing this because the Caps fans at MSG really rubbed me the wrong way and hearing from people that have gone down to DC, it's not much better down there. At least this is a change of pace compared to the "Gaborik sucks blow the team up" posts you see all the time. It gets a little tiresome beating to death the same topic that's been talked about for the past 86 games.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:17 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:

Oh please, get off of it already..you're coming just as holier then thou, by trying to tell us what we can and can't discuss. You don't have to read it if you don't want to..the ignore button is a WONDERFUL feature!!

Quote:
I apologize. I will make sure ALL of my future posts meet your excellent forum standards.
Good man!! Make you stand up straight when you address him.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:23 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Oh please, get off of it already..you're coming just as holier then thou, by trying to tell us what we can and can't discuss. You don't have to read it if you don't want to..the ignore button is a WONDERFUL feature!!

Good man!! Make you stand up straight when you address him.
If you'd read instead of dogpile up on me, my point was you two and a few others around here puff your chests out about real fandom, yet refuse to look at the idiocy of some of the people on our side. So yeah, instead of responding to my actual points, just tell me to get "off my high horse".

I'm not going to put two guys who contribute pretty decently on my ignore list because you two get all uppity about who REAL fans are. Why not start a thread and keep it out of the post GAME talk?

Old
04-21-2011, 04:24 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
If you'd read instead of dogpile up on me, my point was you two and a few others around here puff your chests out about real fandom, yet refuse to look at the idiocy of some of the people on our side. So yeah, instead of responding to my actual points, just tell me to get "off my high horse".

I'm not going to put two guys who contribute pretty decently on my ignore list because you two get all uppity about who REAL fans are. Why not start a thread and keep it out of the post GAME talk?
Actually, civil wars have become common on this board after losses.

04-21-2011, 04:27 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Actually, civil wars have become common on this board after losses.
REAL FANS MANNNN REAL FANS!!!!! God I hate how all the Caps fans get along, they're so CLASSLESS.

MOOMMMMMMM BRING ME MORE PIZZA BITES PLEASE

EDIT: It's civil wars as in "I hate so and so" or "blow this team up"? That's just discussion. But it's like a 9/11 AMERICA **** YEAH attitude around here when it comes to everyone claiming our fans a REAL and theirs aren't.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:31 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
REAL FANS MANNNN REAL FANS!!!!! God I hate how all the Caps fans get along, they're so CLASSLESS.

MOOMMMMMMM BRING ME MORE PIZZA BITES PLEASE
Do you feel better now?

Old
04-21-2011, 04:40 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Do you feel better now?
I do, thank you for letting me know that only people who scream their lungs out on their own accord at any hockey game are real fans. While we're at it I guess I should sneer at Dancin Larry, Every Body Clap Yo Hands, Samuel Jackson telling us to make noise, things like that. Real fans don't need that stuff.

Just a little nugget of info for you, without these so called bandwagon fans, the NHL salary cap doesn't go up due to low attendance, low TV ratings, and merchandise buying.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:40 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:

Refuse to look at the idiocy of our own side? I go to every Ranger-Devil game at the Prudential Center...I know EVERYTHING I need to know about the idiocy on our own side.

And I'm not getting "uppity" about anything. You're the one who ranted against us discussing less then desirable fans that were at the GAME. It's part of the game, I feel it's relevant to the discussion. If the mods have a problem with it, I'm sure they'd let us know!

Old
04-21-2011, 04:43 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Posting in the series thread on the Stanley Cup board is a waste. I bring up the Ranger power play sucking and say if it's better and they convert on one of the opportunities the series goes back to DC tied. Their response...."you can't discuss that because you said if!"

On another note, McCabe sucks. The power play is brutal so why the **** is he in the lineup? Put in Eminger for him, Gilroy's played solid this series so no reason to take him out.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:44 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Refuse to look at the idiocy of our own side? I go to every Ranger-Devil game at the Prudential Center...I know EVERYTHING I need to know about the idiocy on our own side.

And I'm not getting "uppity" about anything. You're the one who ranted against us discussing less then desirable fans that were at the GAME. It's part of the game, I feel it's relevant to the discussion. If the mods have a problem with it, I'm sure they'd let us know!
From you on the last page:
Quote:
And not for nothing, I hate the Caps, hate their fake fans, and hate Boudreau..but I'd be a lot more pissed if this loss was to the Devils.
Sounds like you hate all of them to me...

Old
04-21-2011, 04:50 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
On another note, McCabe sucks. The power play is brutal so why the **** is he in the lineup? Put in Eminger for him, Gilroy's played solid this series so no reason to take him out.
McCabe has been awful outside of the powerplay, but when we're on the powerplay, I wouldn't pin it all on him. Something about this team, they're just...hesitant. I've brought this up before, but it's like they don't know how to lift the puck or pull off a decent one timer to save their life. You can see it in their body language and it's not the fans yelling "SHOOOOOOT" at home because they carry themselves the same way on the road.

I just don't understand it. I know this team lacks talent of a guy like Stamkos who is a one timer whiz kid, but is it a bigger issue (sorry for being rhetorical). At what point do we look past the players and to the coach? I think we're not quite there but damn close to looking at Sullivan (I know a few already are) but we had the same problem with Pearn.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:55 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
McCabe has been awful outside of the powerplay, but when we're on the powerplay, I wouldn't pin it all on him. Something about this team, they're just...hesitant. I've brought this up before, but it's like they don't know how to lift the puck or pull off a decent one timer to save their life. You can see it in their body language and it's not the fans yelling "SHOOOOOOT" at home because they carry themselves the same way on the road.

I just don't understand it. I know this team lacks talent of a guy like Stamkos who is a one timer whiz kid, but is it a bigger issue (sorry for being rhetorical). At what point do we look past the players and to the coach? I think we're not quite there but damn close to looking at Sullivan (I know a few already are) but we had the same problem with Pearn.
Completely agreed. I'm not gonna pin it on McCabe either as it's not one players fault the entire power play sucks but he's not helping the cause so he doesn't serve a purpose. I don't know what it is with them. They're deathly afraid of doing one timers it seems and they wait for players to jump in the shooting lanes before taking shots. They stand around on the power play, make predictable passes, don't shoot the puck, completely avoid the one timer, can't bring the puck in the zone, can't effectively dump and chase on the power play. Everything about the power play sucks.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:56 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
From you on the last page:
Sounds like you hate all of them to me...
Lol...yeah, and? What's your point? I don't have to like them if I don't want to..doesn't mean I'm gonna go and act like a POS at their arenas like some of them do at ours!

Old
04-21-2011, 05:01 PM
LamoTheKid

^^ I save my ignore list for guys who are trolls, you two aren't trolls. Like youre custom title says, "COME AT ME BRO"

I come off as whiny, I apologize. This whole damn board is too whiny sometimes. And the MY FANBASE IS BETTER THAN YOUR FANBASE argument is old and childish (it has been since our series against the Pens two years ago, hoooo boy).

Quote:
Completely agreed. I'm not gonna pin it on McCabe either as it's not one players fault the entire power play sucks but he's not helping the cause so he doesn't serve a purpose. I don't know what it is with them. They're deathly afraid of doing one timers it seems and they wait for players to jump in the shooting lanes before taking shots. They stand around on the power play, make predictable passes, don't shoot the puck, completely avoid the one timer, can't bring the puck in the zone, can't effectively dump and chase on the power play. Everything about the power play sucks.
Hahaha, I hear you.

Honestly, I think if we were more mobile all around McCabe would be tearing up the power play. I think the Caps have caught on to the fact that our PP runs through him (for better or worse) and they're looking for where he's going to distribute.

He's got a laser of a shot that we saw a bunch of times last night. But as usual, no one's in front of the net to screen or deflect. Combine that with what you said about allowing players into the shooting lanes and it's just a mess.

We just lack talent. I guess it's like just needing to say something out loud (or in this case type it on a keyboard) to realize it.

Old
04-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Tiki Talk
Oh Baby

I thought I would feel a little better today after sleeping. I don't.

My friend asked me "Are you ok? You look like your dog died or something?" Pretty accurate.

I am not going to get into the "true fan" stuff, but I don't understand how this loss doesn't crush you if you live & die with this team. We were 20 minutes away from feeding Foodreau a dinner of crow, shutting up the annoying Caps fans and turning this series around - and we blew it. We got none of those things. Say what you will about learning experiences -and I don't deny there are lessons here - but personally I think they learn more by showing the strength of character to get these things done.

This one is going to linger.

Tiki Talk is offline   Reply With Quote