HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 4 vs. Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 4 vs. Washington Capitals
Artem Anisimov 2 1.14%
Brandon Dubinsky 4 2.29%
Ruslan Fedotenko 47 26.86%
Marian Gaborik 37 21.14%
Dan Girardi 17 9.71%
Henrik Lundqvist 51 29.14%
Ryan McDonagh 2 1.14%
Brandon Prust 1 0.57%
Michael Sauer 1 0.57%
Marc Staal 4 2.29%
Other 9 5.14%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-20-2011, 11:31 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
For the record, Gaborik was a BEAST tonight. I feel terrible the way he ended the game like that. He was fantastic.
Absolutely. Stinks that in the game he was at his best, he was involved in the ending. There will be a Game 6.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Eh, I don't watch games to see guts. I watch to see wins.

I'm not really feeling the, "Oh, I'm so proud" cumbaya **** right now. Maybe later, but not 30 minutes after a devastating loss. Is that really hard to believe?
But you're not posting hyperbolic crap either. people don't have to be happy or proud or anything else, but is it too much to ask that people actually engage their brain before posting instead of just venting?

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I called the end of the game, too. I saw all our boys getting tired and I was like, "****, this is the shift that will end the game."

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Gaborik is muff cabbage. I'd rather have him injured 40 games on another **** team.
Lol

Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I think at this point it would be fair for Henrik to ask for a trade.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Rangers busted ass and still can't win. The Caps are just the better team. We ran out of gas after 40 because we have to play every minute like our last just to get a lead. We had a good season, but there's too many holes and we have to improve.

And I'm still not sure Richards is the answer but we'll have plenty of time to debate Richards if we get eliminated.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
I don't give a flying **** if people are mad. I'm furious, really.

But this ******** about wishing Gaborik is injured, saying everyone on the team is garbage, talk about firing the coach... I mean, give me a break. These aren't words of real fans and you know that, dude.

A real fan appreciates what the team is doing without their heart and soul. I know you're mad, but I also know you appreciate the effort this team is putting in. And I damn well know you haven't seen it since the 90s. This ****ing sucks. ****ing sucks terribly. But I am proud of the team for giving the #1 seed every ****ing thing they have and then some. Even without Callahan.
Jon, get over the "real fan" crap. Different people express themselves different ways. No one would post here, following this POS team year after year, if they weren't a real fan.

Of course some of the things being said here are ridiculous. It's just anger though. Move on.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers2319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
read psot 122

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
Quote:
For the record, Gaborik was a BEAST tonight. I feel terrible the way he ended the game like that. He was fantastic.
Well also Bill Buckner would be in the HOF if he didn't let the ball go under his legs. There's no reason anyone should be proud.

Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post

Glad a few people on here get it....
Yeah it was a great post from Jonathan

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:33 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Caps fan coming in peace. I have absolutely no problem with the Boudreau hate, I think he's a lousy coach and deserving of vitriol. Not a classy move on his part with the comments. Thank your lucky stars you don't have to see his nauseating commercials 5 times a game.
Hes a ****in idiot and sorry to say you guys arent going anywhere with him behind the bench.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bouds

Going forward we should think about changing the Redden to the Gaborik.

Saw someone slamming Sullivan about the PP, this ****ing PP has been brutal for half a decade. Doesn't matter who's back there coaching, the talent isn't there.

Feel bad for Lundqvist, gave up that ****** goal to Semin, but was fantastic throughout. Nothing he could really do on the 2nd and 3rd goals.

bouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Our time is going to come. It's just not going to be this year. The kids; Stepan, McDonagh, Sauer are going to be cornerstones of the franchise for a while and are gaining invaluable playoff experience.

I'm totally on board with what Jon is saying. I haven't seen a Rangers team with this much hustle and heart since the 1990's.

Had a couple of our bounces went our way and if a couple of rookie mistakes hadn't been made, we would be talking about winning Game 5 in Washington and winning the series in 6 back at home. This series has been really close guys; 3 of the 4 games so far have been decided by one goal with 2 of those in overtime. We're playing a team that's supposed to win the Cup as an 8 seed and we're taking it to them every night and making them work for everything. Sometimes things don't happen as planned though.

This team, for the next few years, is going to be very dangerous and a team that no one will want to play in the playoffs, if they aren't there already. The team leaders are Lundqvist (29), Staal (24), Callahan (25), and Dubinsky (25). Along with the aforementioned rookies, this team is only going to get better and they're going to do it together. Add the right pieces when the need is evident through trades and (smart!) free agent signings.

We're going to be a hell of a team. Very soon. Just not right now.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Jon, get over the "real fan" crap. Different people express themselves different ways. No one would post here, following this POS team year after year, if they weren't a real fan.

Of course some of the things being said here are ridiculous. It's just anger though. Move on.
You know damn well I'm right even if you don't want to admit it, man. NY sports fans are absurd at times.

And this is one of the biggest hockey boards on the 'net, so I think it gets plenty of posts from people who might not otherwise post.

Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
But you're not posting hyperbolic crap either. people don't have to be happy or proud or anything else, but is it too much to ask that people actually engage their brain before posting instead of just venting?
I don't really see a problem with venting. Not everyone is calm and collected in these situations.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Because the Rangers are down 3-1 in a series they aren't supposed to win?

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Abooch68

Seriously though.. What happened to gaborik this season.. He has to be hurt.. It's the only explanation..

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
No faith in anyone on this team, save Lundquist, and anyone in this organization.

Not in the vets, including Staal and Dubinsky.
Not in the kids, that includes Stepan, Anisimov, and McDonagh, all of whom have been seriously exposed this series.
Not in the free agents, since anyone who comes here as one sucks.
Not in the players brought up through the organization.
Not in anyone in the front office.
Not in anyone on the coaching staff.
Not in anyone involved in scouting and player development. Gordie Clark could have had Giroux and Carlsson but opted for Sanguinetti and Michael DelBusto. Screw him.
Not in any of the prospects. If Stepan, Anisimov, and McDonagh all crap the bed like they are now, given the quality of our "scouts", why would you think Kreider, Thomas, or Grachev would do any better.

Get rid of Gaborik, Prospal, Drury, Wolski, McCabe, Gilroy, Eminger, Avery, Christiansen, Boyle, Fedotenko, Frolov, and Boogard. Laugh in Dubinsky and Anisimov's faces and ship them out if they ask for anything but modest raises. Trade Lundqvist to a team that will actually play in front of him. Fire Torts and the rest of the staff. Just burn the mother down, and start collecting draft lottery picks for a few years. I'd rather have them be the worst team in hockey for a few years if there's an upside rather than watch this crap.

LOL..I think the meds wore off, dude.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
read psot 122
I saw Kovalsuck and I stopped reading. Another player that doesn't score big goals.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
I don't really see a problem with venting. Not everyone is calm and collected in these situations.
There is a difference between venting and calling for Gaborik to get injured, the coach to be strung up, and the team to be blown up. I'm one of the most reactionary here at times, and somehow I am the cooler head here?

Old
The New Originals

Sure, there are plenty of things to be positive about. Overall, our defensmen played real well. We're essentially an underskilled, injured team playing way better than people expected. This series is killing us because we know we could just have easily been up 3-1 in this series against the Capitals of all teams. It hurts, much like watching this powerplay.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
I think we should have a venting thread so all the wishes of injury don't clog up post game discussion.

Rangers2319

sather call jagr

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
I don't give a flying **** if people are mad. I'm furious, really.

But this ******** about wishing Gaborik is injured, saying everyone on the team is garbage, talk about firing the coach... I mean, give me a break. These aren't words of real fans and you know that, dude.

A real fan appreciates what the team is doing without their heart and soul. I know you're mad, but I also know you appreciate the effort this team is putting in. And I damn well know you haven't seen it since the 90s. This ****ing sucks. ****ing sucks terribly. But I am proud of the team for giving the #1 seed every ****ing thing they have and then some. Even without Callahan.
Your posts in this thread are awesome. Most of the rest? Garbage.

The Rangers are down 3-1 to a team with more experience and more talent. The Rangers are down 3-1 to a team that built for years to become a Cup contender and now have been for a couple of years. On the other hand, the Caps are up 3-1 against a team with very little experience and less talent. The Caps are up 3-1 against who is building to become a team that can compete with the Caps in the future.

The team worked hard and are getting beaten by flukes. There is nothing not to be proud of on this team, as far as I'm concerned.

I'd like to see this series at least go to 6. That's all I wanted from the beginning.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Gresch04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
pretty much. This hurts but it is a good experience. This is why you want your favorite team to always make the playoffs. They get valuable experience and reality is they were not going to win the cup. Especially without Callahan, a horrific PP and no legit #1 line

Let's get Richards , give Gaborik another shot , role the Packline and kids like Stepan, Boyle and the top 4 D

Hank deserves better
I think I've been rationalizing like this and other posts for all but one of the last 33 years. There's always a reasonable story why "tomorrow" we will finally be a real contender and today is <insert rationalization for current state of mediocrity>.

Why do we accept success ONCE every 70 years? I don't think a Cup every Halley's Comet is a team I can feel good about anymore. I'm tired. So tired of the same stuff. When we're not inventing new ways to lose, we are getting slammed in the face with irony. This year it's 29-0 when leading after 2 periods. Once I saw that stat I knew it would be the ironic nut slam. What we didn't do in 6 months we do twice in one week! Bravo! THAT is what being a Ranger fan is all about.

Not just losing, not just disappointment, but pull your heart out, stomp on it on the sidewalk, throw it in a Vitamix, drop it in a trash compactor, and then - for good measure - run it through a meat grinder. And repeat the process almost every year we make the playoffs - and when we miss the playoffs it's even more painful (see game 82 last year).

Well fellow suckers, we keep hoping for tomorrow, and tomorrow never comes. I've tried to quit the Rangers before and I hope I can finally do it. I did go 10 games this year without checking a score - that was tough. But hoping and always being crushed is even tougher. So maybe, just maybe, I finally walk away from this enormous waste of time, energy, and emotion called being a Ranger fan and do something no more productive but far less infuriating with my time.

Gresch04 is offline   Reply With Quote