HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Bryzgalov doesn't like Winnipeg

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 500
Yup, no Russians in Manitoba............

http://winnipegrussia.imd.miupdate.com/

Old
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Why he heff to be mad?

Old
Belgican

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarnegie View Post
pretty much. least edmonton has some attraction.

hes allowed to have his opinion
I respect his opinion, no need to bash a city because of that, be educated at least in your comments Bryz, what a clown !

Old
04-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycles
wow, lots of ignorance in this thread.

first off, nothing for families to do? what about the Festival du Voyageur, the Manitoba's Children Museum, Folklorama, plus the hundreds of local sports teams. There is just as much for families to do in Winnipeg then any other city.

second, parks. Winnipeg is home to one of the most popular and most accoladed public urban spaces in Canada, the Forks. not to mention it is home to the MASSIVE Assiniboine Park that contains a zoo, cycling paths and tons of other family friendly activities.

third, the not many people live here comment. 750,000 isn't as much as Phoenix, but what does this have to do with anything? and theres no Russian people? from the Russian Cultural Association of Winnipeg:

Winnipeg is also home to highest percentage IN CANADA of foreign students so they must be doing something right if they're attracting international young people for their universities.

some mroe stats from 2010:

from: http://www.mbchamber.mb.ca/2011/01/m...ear-in-review/

one more:

from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quoti...0324b2-eng.htm

if it's such an awful place, why was it the fastest growing province in this period?

Bryzgalov is simply an ignorant buffoon. Winnipeg has a much lower crime rate than Phoenix, less pollution, less traffic, more cultural activities (including arguably the best theatre, dance, and music scenes in the country), natural beauty right outside the city (for Phoneix you have to drive through 4 hours of sprawl to get anywhere), and the most welcoming people in Canada. It has, since Canada's inception, been a place for people from all countries to settle and build they're life in this country. And you know what? Most of those people are still here. so **** you Bryzgalov and anyone else who spots out mindless lies about Winnipeg.
oh bicycles, you are absolutely adorable.
im happy that winnipeg is possibly getting a team back but....."Folklorama festival"?
yikes....keep that one under your hat - you may enjoy it and perhaps if we all went we'd love it too, but dude that is not helping as a headline attraction.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:36 PM
CdnBison

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Love all the people personally attacking Bryz because of a personal preference.
[mod]

Just having an opinion, that's all.

Sorry to single you out, you were closest to the end of thread - but what I did above is what Bryz did to Winnipeg. Based on pretty much zero knowledge, he made assumptions that aren't true.

If he doesn't want to come here, fine. That's his right and he can say so. If the Coyotes do move here, some people might not be pleased with his decision, but we'd move on. But for him to call down a city he has no knowledge of - beyond the tunnel from the hotel to the rink? That's just plain ignorant.

Is Winnipeg some sort of utopia? No. It does stick around the -20C mark in winter, with a couple weeks in the -40 range. But living here is dirt cheap, "traffic jams" amount to an extra 5-10 min of your commute and there is actually a thriving cultural scene here. Shame Bryz won't ever know that...

Last edited by Fugu: 04-21-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: ...
Old
04-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Though he exagerates he's definitely not wrong. I was there in the summer and it was still awful.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Fabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
That wasn't the point. They *could* have legal grounds to fight the contract.
Perhaps, but these contracts probably have numerous clauses for situations like this. Need a lawyer for this one. Wheres Wetcoaster and his novel length posts when you need him.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Jahodac

Wow, people completely missed Bryz's point.

He doesn't like it because it is cold and he isn't sure about their Russian speaking population. He would be better in a similar climate back in Russia making more money in the KHL because it is more familiar, but that is not what he wants. Phoenix is a nice warm place with a lot to do along with a nice Russian community. He wants things that his family can do and so they aren't miserable.

He is not being selfish, he wants a place that is he and his family would enjoy and that is most likely where they live currently. Is it THAT hard to realize this?

I completely support his opinion although a bit uneducated but very sensible.

I also hope the Coyotes don't move. The team is starting to get better and aren't too far away from making an impact in the playoffs.

Winnipeg is an alright city with nice people, but that's about all it has going for it because of the terrible winter weather.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:38 PM
The Gourmet
Potage Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
Perhaps, but these contracts probably have numerous clauses for situations like this. Need a lawyer for this one. Wheres Wetcoaster and his novel length posts when you need him.
Ray Whitney knew exactly what he was getting into when he signed that contract. Relocation talk has been going on for years now.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:39 PM
westvandal

none can do.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Yakov Bryzgalov.

Why would he want to play in Winnipeg? He's a UFA, he'll sign with Tampa or something.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:40 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBison View Post
[mod]

Just having an opinion, that's all.

Sorry to single you out, you were closest to the end of thread - but what I did above is what Bryz did to Winnipeg. Based on pretty much zero knowledge, he made assumptions that aren't true.

If he doesn't want to come here, fine. That's his right and he can say so. If the Coyotes do move here, some people might not be pleased with his decision, but we'd move on. But for him to call down a city he has no knowledge of - beyond the tunnel from the hotel to the rink? That's just plain ignorant.

Is Winnipeg some sort of utopia? No. It does stick around the -20C mark in winter, with a couple weeks in the -40 range. But living here is dirt cheap, "traffic jams" amount to an extra 5-10 min of your commute and there is actually a thriving cultural scene here. Shame Bryz won't ever know that...
People choose where to live and work based on their personal preferences. EVERY DAY.

There are only a handful of cities where an NHL player can live/work. He was asked a question. He answered it honestly. What you're doing is nothing close to what he was doing, but it's okay, I'm not offended.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:41 PM
bring back the jets

cant blame him but thats a big blow to the team if they come back

Old
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahodac View Post
Wow, people completely missed Bryz's point.

He doesn't like it because it is cold and he isn't sure about their Russian speaking population. He would be better in a similar climate back in Russia making more money in the KHL because it is more familiar, but that is not what he wants. Phoenix is a nice warm place with a lot to do along with a nice Russian community. He wants things that his family can do and so they aren't miserable.

He is not being selfish, he wants a place that is he and his family would enjoy and that is most likely where they live currently. Is it THAT hard to realize this?

I completely support his opinion although a bit uneducated but very sensible.

I also hope the Coyotes don't move. The team is starting to get better and aren't too far away from making an impact in the playoffs.

Winnipeg is an alright city with nice people, but that's about all it has going for it because of the terrible winter weather.
Best post in the thread, easily.

I have to wonder how many people slamming Bryzgalov have ever left their hometown to go to school, find a job, or end up in a better job. I wonder how many have ever taken a job offer from a different company and used it as leverage to get more from their current employer.

And I wonder how many swooped in to defend Cleveland last summer when Chris Bosh said, "I'll play with Lebron and Dwyane, but not in Cleveland because it sucks."

Old
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns

Winnipeg may be cold, but Russia isn't a warm country either. The guys's anIdiot

Old
04-21-2011, 04:42 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex The Loyal View Post
Winnipeg may be cold, but Russia isn't a warm country either. Idiot
I think theres a lot more to do there then in manitoba

Old
04-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Winnipeg may be cold, but Russia isn't a warm country either. The guys's anIdiot
Bryzgalov answered this discrepancy in the article.

Old
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarnegie View Post
I think theres a lot more to do there then in manitoba
there's a reason why russia is suffering from a huge influx of alcholism

nothing to do but drink vodka

Old
The Mannschaft

Send a message via ICQ to The Mannschaft Send a message via AIM to The Mannschaft Send a message via MSN to The Mannschaft
Doesn't this make sense? I'm willing to bet most of the Coyotes players would rather be living in working in Phoenix rather than Winnipeg.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:45 PM
The Gourmet
Potage Le Magnifique

Quote:
They also speak Russian in Russia, something Bryzgalov may be interested in.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:46 PM
SnowBlue

Quote:
Yeah, but if you read the article you would know what Bryz actually meant.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:48 PM
LacesOut

Of course players would rather live in phoenix instead of winnipeg. Why do u think so many canadians live there for half the year?

Old
Matt Damon

Ok I'm from Wpg and have friends and family there. I'm back 4 or 5 times a year and every Xmas.......

with that being said I wouldn't want to play/live there either. Imagine being rich and living in Pheonix........now imagine being rich and living in Winnipeg........which one would you choose? I think a large percentage of people actually living in Winnipeg would choose Pheonix. Winnipeg is so damn cold and dirty and no there isn't much to do.

If he wants to play in Russia for same money so be it. He has every right too. If I was from Russia and had a chance to make the same as I would in Canada I think I would opt to stay in my homeland.

Old
WingsFan95

Quote:
Originally Posted by krowdypants View Post
Good, We do not want a goalie that buckles in the playoffs. Det is a good team but he didn't give his team a chance to win. His contract is up and his performance these playoffs is gonna hurt his value big time... I hope this pre Madonna ends up in the KHL.
Agreed, too much.

Winnipeg doesn't need him.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:49 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Ohh no, but how will the Jets/Yotes not get out of the first round if he leaves?

Closed Thread