HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Is Carter in or out for Game #6??

Old
04-24-2011, 05:44 AM
Dopeys

vCash: 500
Is Carter in or out for Game #6??

Hi Guys, what is his injury or is he sick/flu? Will he be back for Game 6? Hope so!!

Dopeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:22 AM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Knee sprain. No he won't be back.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:47 AM
MsWoof

It's the playoffs so who knows, last year everyone laughed when people said he'd be back and he made it. My guess is if he can't further damage it and is able to tolerate pain, he may be back. Hockey players deal with injuries differently in the playoffs compared to regular season, especially in an elimination game.

Now what's going on with Nodl? Sam Carchidi said Homer refuses to discuss his injury. It's like he's dropped off the face of the earth.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:17 AM
nuclear reactor

My guess is that he has nothing left to contribute this off-season. But yes I think he will be back eventually.

nuclear reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Dopeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
You're obviously a banned user on an alt account.
Hi, As you can see I became a member in January, I have came to this site for the last two years for information. I was trying to find out what the status of Jeff Carter was since I appreciate him as one of the most skilled players on the Flyers. Side note, I collect game used hockey jerseys mostly of the Flyers of which I own about 60 from the 70's through today and own Jeff Carters SCF Orange jersey and it is photomatched, obviously I am not a banned user.......just a big fan who has made his first post!

Old
04-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Ruman Ndur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeys View Post
Hi Guys, what is his injury or is he sick/flu? Will he be back for Game 6? Hope so!!
http://www.csnphilly.com/04/22/11/So...004&feedID=704

Quote:
While Chris Pronger seems to making progress on his injured right hand, a source close to the Flyersí defenseman told CSNPhilly.com that he will not be available to play at any point in this Eastern Conference quarterfinal series.

Officially, the Flyers are listing him as day-to-day.

Additionally, donít expect to see Jeff Carter in any remaining games, as well. He has a severely sprained MCL in his right knee and is wearing a brace.

Ruman Ndur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Dopeys

The Flyers are officially a mess, injuries, questions in goal, in my opinion the only way they win today is by heart, still tons of talent left but they need to carry the game and have the intensity to win for 60 minutes and then some maybe.

Old
04-24-2011, 07:41 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruman Ndur View Post
Management is only going to say what they want to. I am not reading too much into any of the quotes from Homer and the players. One of the Sabres' players came back the other day which was a total shock to the Buffalo media.

Old
04-24-2011, 07:50 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Management is only going to say what they want to. I am not reading too much into any of the quotes from Homer and the players. One of the Sabres' players came back the other day which was a total shock to the Buffalo media.
I am dyeing to know when Prongs actually re injured himself and if he or the org rushed him back, or if it was just bad luck !

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:56 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I am dyeing to know when Prongs actually re injured himself and if he or the org rushed him back, or if it was just bad luck !
I think he just did too much too soon and I bet he re-broke it!

Old
04-24-2011, 08:00 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I think he just did too much too soon and I bet he re-broke it!
I hope that normal protocol allowed him to be out shooting. I assume that had to be the case as they wouldnt let him risk it. Although nothing this org does anymore surprises me

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:11 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I hope that normal protocol allowed him to be out shooting. I assume that had to be the case as they wouldnt let him risk it. Although nothing this org does anymore surprises me
I remember the first time he took slappers after surgery Homer was being interviewed and said he was surprised because it put Pronger ahead of schedule. Red flags went off but apparently not to Homer or Pronger. Now the team is paying for it.