HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The good news: we have won 2 games in Boston

Old
04-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

vCash: 500
No lead is safe with this team. I thought after Game 1 they had solved that problem, but it looks like they're back to their squandering ways.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Natural Habs Fan

The game could have went either way. Some people take a 1 goal loss way too hard. Boston isn't a horrible team. Before the series started I expected a 7 game decision. The first two games were a pleasant surprise but anyone expecting a sweep was getting ahead of themselves.

I still think it'll be Habs in 7.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:31 PM
E = CH²

I said it that whoever won game 4 would win the series and I stick by it. We had 2 golden opportunities to put them away and just failed miserably. Either way, we're showing zero killer instinct and it's not looking good going forward even if we were to move past the bruins which I don't think will happen at this point.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HeShootsHeScores

What's frustrating is the way they played tonight. An offensive fest means our old slow vets don't get any support. Add that Price was medicore and so was subban.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
They should have put Kostitsyn on the first PP unit at the end of the game , we would have won.

Too bad we have a nut case for a coach.

Can't believe we'll have to deal with Spacek for another year.

Subban wasn't really good , he always tried to do too much and always made the wrong decision , I will go as far as saying his goal was a ''wrong decision'' odds-wise with plekanec almost covering all angles in front of him.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Honestly at this point I'm gonna do something else to change my mind hehe. Thinking about this loss is bad for my health. Either gonna go watch a movie or the last episode of No ordinary family. Good Night guys! May the hockey gods be with us on saturday!

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Please no Halakmania.

Price is more than adequate. If you think Halak made those saves last year all-knowingly, you are delusional. Sopel might as well have put in the tying goal. Just save yourselves face now by not dissing Price cuz then just don't jump back on when he pulls off a miracle.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Stradale

Man if only Cammy scored on his breakaway.

Man if only we scored on that PP with 2 min left in the game.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Price may not have been the Price we needed, but neither has Thomas been.

And for people and the media to blame this loss on him is pitiful. We had a bad line change that turned into a 3 on 1. Subban was on way too long, he is at fault. Then in our end, Ryder is left alone with Gionta on one side of the net and Moen gliding into the open ice near the circle....Ryder should have been Moen's man.

The problem tonight, the Habs took their foot off the gas pedal after each lead. They need to keep attacking with speed and hitting, they can't go into the defensive mode and sit back...bites us in the ass every-time!
Well, it worked in the first two games.

The problem is they lost the neutral zone a lot, allowing Ruins to enter the zone with speed and beat the Ds. Also, they are getting beat in the defensize zone -- one on one coverage was less effective. Shots are getting through. In fact, I think they spent too much energy on offense. So it's the opposite of what you said. OT was the summary of what happened with the D during the first 60 minutes.

Also, the two glove side goal didn't help with the Ds confidence.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mr Rogers

Why the **** would Martin put Moen on Gionta and Gomez's line when everybody knows that combination did jack **** during the whole season. Moen blew atleast 3 scoring chances.

Put Darche's ass back there you moron.

And Spacek better be replaced by one of Mara or Weber.

Mr Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan View Post
The game could have went either way. Some people take a 1 goal loss way too hard. Boston isn't a horrible team. Before the series started I expected a 7 game decision. The first two games were a pleasant surprise but anyone expecting a sweep was getting ahead of themselves.

I still think it'll be Habs in 7.
It's not the 1 goal loss as much as it is blowing a 3-1 lead. We completely controlled the game and then imploded, it's hard to have confidence in the team after that.

Are some of us overreacting? Yes, I'm upset right now and it's effecting my logic. Win the next game and this never happened. But we shouldn't be in this position to begin with and I seriously doubt Boston crumbles in front of their home crowd the way the Habs did.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Frankenheimer

Price is not even close to being the issue. The Habs were completely dominating the Bruins in the second and decided to sit back instead of going for the jugular. That's it. Nothing more to say.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:35 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post

Man if only we score on that PP with 2 min left in the game.
These are all very true things to be annoyed at.

Just makes the going harder. Practically it doesn't mean we can't win the series, but yes, timely action was needed in at least one of the two cases. Now just have to....see what happens.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpower13 View Post
Habs dominated 10 period out of 12 and it's 2-2.

Martin lost his team today.
Wrong. The team lost Martin. His coaching and the teams execution of that coaching won the first two games. Everyone needs to come together again and show the passion, focus and character they have thrived on all year.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JHabs61

Quote:

Man if only we score on that PP with 2 min left in the game.
Bold is the key words. If we had Pacioretty
If we had Markov
If we had Gorges
If Thomas let in six goals in the 3rd.
But still, its a loss. I thin keveryone has to calm down and look forward to next game.

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
When they were 3-1, instead of shutting the door they all wanted to score a goal.
When they were 3-1 they went into, "Hey hey we got this in the bag" mode and gave the **** up. Boston gut-checked and kicked our ***es in the second half of the game.

The series is over in 6 now, one way or the other:

1. Boston, with all the momentum, thoroughly routs Montreal in game 5. Think a rerun of the 7-0 debacle. A beaten Montreal meekly goes out in game 6, by about 4-1.

2. Montreal recovers and plays another perfect road game, edging Boston 2-1. They then finally hold serve and finish them off in 6, again by a 2-1 or 3-1 score.

I'd give #1 slightly better odds at this point because this series has taken on a 2006 or even 2002 feel. Those Habs teams went down pretty meekly after those series turned, and this Habs team just played very nervous in their own barn for two games.

optimus2861 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Disgusting loss, I'd love it if Spacek actually showed up for this series, it's almost a guarantee that Boston scores and number 6 is on the ice.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:36 PM
bipolarhabfan

Dont worry guys. It looks like the Canucks want to follow our lead .

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:37 PM
HeShootsHeScores

They had three opportunities to tell themselves : "Ok now we stick to the system" and failed 3 fricking times. A fail like this can't happen two games in the same series. I remember 2008 we were up 3-1 and the bruins tied 3-3. The 6th game was crazy, just like tonight. After that game I felt the same way as now. Surprise, habs won game 7 5-0. You never know in the playoffs...

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

People crapping on Price, maybe they should look at a guy like Luongo who has 3 goals against already in 13 minutes in the 1st.

Price has been excellent, to good and average....he hasn't totally dropped the ball like Luongo may have.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price2Pleks View Post
Bold is the key words. If we had Pacioretty
If we had Markov
If we had Gorges

If Thomas let in six goals in the 3rd.
But still, its a loss. I thin keveryone has to calm down and look forward to next game.
Those we can't have.

But we did have a breakaway by our best goal scorer and we did have a PP with 2min left.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Shadyone33

I'm gonna get good and drunk now. Reading this is too depressing. We can still do this. I want to see Price steal the next game for us.

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:38 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Word. Lets not blame the forward who gave the puck away, the horrible line change, or Gionta not covering the guy in front.

Lets the blame the guy who made the only decent play in the whole sequence, going down taking out the pass and forcing the shot from a bad angle, which went wide.

Spacek played that perfectly.

Whenever a defenseman's partner is already below the goal-line and he decides to chase a guy without the puck behind the net, he is making a stupid play. It's clear that Spacek handled the 3 on 1 competently, but he definitely ****ed up massively afterwards in leaving the front of the net to cover a guy behind the net. It's stupid to blame him alone for that play because it was a cluster**** of panic as the Habs tried to reestablish position, but he played his part in it.

However, if you throw in his losing Ryder on the first goal and standing around uselessly on the Kelly goal you have a veteran defenseman that was on the ice making mistakes for three key goals. Spacek's overall game tonight was terrible, which is inexcusable because he was just as bad in game 3.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:39 PM
JHabs61

Quote:
Those we can't have.

But we did have a breakaway by our best goal scorer and we did have a PP with 2min left.
I realize this, I was just trying to make my point about the IF's

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:39 PM
durojean

Quote:
Halak won 1 playoffs round more than Price. Big ****ing deal.
Ok... He had the chance to play in a grand total of 3 playoffs round and he won two of them.

Price had the chance to play in 3 and he lost 2 of them. The difference is that Price lost his series except one when his team was playing well in front of him and it's arguable that the habs lost these series BECAUSE of him.

Halak on the other hand lost in a serie where his team was not the better of the two.

I should'nt have said if Halak was there we would have won those game... I'm sorry... it really was a stupid comment. The only thing I wanted to express is that Price is not good in the playoff and that pisses me off.

durojean is online now   Reply With Quote