HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 5 in VAN | Hawks win 5-0

Old
04-22-2011, 01:04 AM
brtriad

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Anyone who is at the next game, be sure to belt the Luuuuu chant early and often.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:18 AM
darkcaptain86

I know the odds are not in the hawks favor but thank you hawks for caring and making this past week fun as hell to watch.

darkcaptain86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:20 AM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcaptain86 View Post
I know the odds are not in the hawks favor but thank you hawks for caring and making this past week fun as hell to watch.
Hell ya!

One game at a time!

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:22 AM
Spudskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcaptain86 View Post
Think of it like this: we don't have to win 4 in a row now, just 2 in a row. I can see this team put together back to back two game winning streaks.

Spudskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:23 AM
cherrypik

Yup down 3-0 is an afterthought. We are only down 3-2 coming home.

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:23 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudskie View Post
Think of it like this: we don't have to win 4 in a row now, just 2 in a row. I can see this team put together back to back two game winning streaks.
If we can do eight, we can do two.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:29 AM
enforcersrule

Hawks have nothing to lose, when Vancouver has EVERYTHING to lose.

Chicago looked like they weren't even going to make the playoffs... and then to be barely #8 seed playing a dominant #1? And to drop the first two games like we did... Hawks are playing to play at this point - and to prove a point.

Vancouver is playing to prove they aren't choke artists which, umm, thus far, they have been.

enforcersrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:32 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
Well yeah, obviously. I'm a member of the "you'll never find someone to take that albatross of a contract" camp, though.

Keith has absolutely taken his game to another level the past few games. The best hockey he's played all year, and probably better than most stretches last year, too.

keith is playing even better than last year right now. I almost don't want seabs to come back. Team just seems to be firing on all cylinders without him.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:33 AM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
Keep it up Hawks!! Make the canucks
I would love to use this as an avatar but I have 2 infractions already this week

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:43 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

PLEASE tell me the Hawks can do that 2 more times! You already have half of Vancouver jumping from the tallest buildings/bridges they can find as it is... finish'em off! PLEASE!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:50 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
PLEASE tell me the Hawks can do that 2 more times! You already have half of Vancouver jumping from the tallest buildings/bridges they can find as it is... finish'em off! PLEASE!
They're doing it for you guys!

btw was lurking the canucks board for some lolz and came across this

Gootie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:58 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

I guess that proves my point then!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 02:03 AM
Patriks7

Quote:
Originally Posted by po View Post
After the game 4 loss, I heard different excuses from their fans and their media why they lost.
-Nucks gave the Hawks the win to generate playoff revenue from game 5
-Nucks were exhausted after 3 wins
-Nucks were resting it out after 3 wins
-Nucks were partying hard in downtown Chicago before game 4
-Poor officiating

I wonder what excuse they will use this time?
They forgot what day game 5 is?

Even if we go down in the next game, we should all be super proud Hawk fans. Not only did they avoid a sweep and show the Canucks are beatable, they also blew them out twice and chased Luongo twice. Here's to hoping this team can make us even prouder and take it to a game 7

Patriks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 02:06 AM
madgoat33

I just hope this goes 7. If the hawks can come out with the same type of energy and motivation next game, they should have a good shot at taking it the distance. One game at a time boys, can't win 7 til you win 6.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 02:15 AM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Gotta keep the hope and positive energy alive for the team!

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 02:55 AM
Kappa
Jumbo's Year

Great win guys, I knew this team could do it! Makes me so happy to see your team make the Vancouver fans trip the f out. This team is showing that they aren't pushovers and still are the real thing.

I wanted you guys to beat Vancouver to get them out early, but a Chicago v San Jose matchup is looking a bit scary for the sharks now. Either way it'll be a great rematch series. I'm still cheering for you, embarrass Vancouver some more!

Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 02:58 AM
Gambar
Fire Hendry

Keep this one game at a time boys. We're still down 3 - 2. Win on Sunday at home, and then let's get ****ing excited.

Gambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Sarava

Wow the Hawks seem to play their best hockey when I'm at work and can only listen lol. Too bad I don't work Sunday.

From listening to the game on the radio, wow it sounded like the Hawks had all cylinders going full throttle. From the lines clicking, to the defense clearing pucks, to Crawford making big save after big save.

I'm bummed there isn't a replay on comcast now

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 04:52 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

The post game show is still on the air in vancouver at this hour, if you can believe it.

The fans are mad, and want luongo's head, unanimously. He's being compared to Dan Cloutier, lol. While everybody can agree that luongo can be better, I think people are overlooking the fact that the team cant even win a battle anymore. Their issues run a whole lot deeper than goaltending right now.

You often hear about the nhl playoffs having the ability to change on a dime, but I've never seen such a drastic change. This is unbelievable. I dont even know what to expect anymore other than the unexpected.

This team went from looking like a stanley cup favourite to the most fragile team in the playoffs since Brian Campbell's goal in game 3.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:26 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Solid win tonight boys. People were going nuts at the bar.

Big congrats to Crawford on his first playoff shutout. Hopefully one of many.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Wow the Hawks seem to play their best hockey when I'm at work and can only listen lol. Too bad I don't work Sunday.

From listening to the game on the radio, wow it sounded like the Hawks had all cylinders going full throttle. From the lines clicking, to the defense clearing pucks, to Crawford making big save after big save.

I'm bummed there isn't a replay on comcast now
Maybe you should go in anyway...

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Phaedrus

Chicago had another beauty of a game... good to see. They have the support of this Oiler fan - and have since they ousted both the Flames and Canucks last year.

Hopefully it can continue. The Hawks need only take it one game - or even one period, at a time. Win one more, and the series is tied. And if the Canucks are crumbling anywhere close to how their fan base is (I checked out the Canucks board), come game seven 'your' opponent will be an empty shell.

Consider this, my lowly Oilers put together back-to-back wins against the Canucks at seasons end (it was our Stanley Cup )... and as much as Canuck fans claimed it was because their team had nothing to play for (the Canucks had just won the President's Trophy - Canuck fans are great with excuses), the Oilers were icing a depleted team made up of minor leaguers. Whether the game was important or not, the President Trophy winners should have walked all over the Oil. Perhaps the rumor is true, and the Canucks are not mentally tough. If the Oilers can put together back-to-back wins, surely the Hawks can - because really, thats all they need to do now.

And massivegoonery (a somewhat puzzling 'handle' given the Hawks current team), nice quote: "Here's all you need to know. Last two games offensively: Sedins 1pt. Corey Crawford 2pts."

Nothing would please me more than to see Vancouver eliminated. I used to like the team, but Canuck fans made me hate them - even more so than my dislike for the Flames. And coming from a diehard Oiler fan, that is something.

Goodluck.

Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Phaedrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
I would love to use this as an avatar but I have 2 infractions already this week
DayNah... as an Oiler fan I would be proud to make that my avatar should Chicago eliminate the Canucks. A long time ago I had the avatar you are sporting now - my hatred runs deep.

But, I will keep Semenko for now.

Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:58 AM
RollingPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcersrule View Post
That felt good. Very good.

If nothing else, we've made a series of it.
... and we've blown out Vancouver. Twice.
... and we shut out Vancouver.
... and we set a franchise record.
... and we chased Luongo from his net. Twice.

Yep, I like this series, regardless of the outcome.
I'm not going to go that far. In fact, after the way we've played the past two, it would be bitterly disappointing if we didn't win the series now.

I don't think this team was "flawed" all year as much as it wasn't hungry. When things began to look grim, they'd pick it up for a stretch, and then coast again, losing to scrubs like Edmonton, Florida, etc.

Heck, they even said they weren't ready to play game 1. What???? It's the playoffs and you're defending the Cup!!!

I guess it took 3-0 and the possible embarrassment of getting swept after backing in to get them going, but right now they're playing even better than they did during the 8-game streak, one of the few times the entire season when they looked like a contender.

Agree with BWC on Campbell, too. With Campoli and Leddy emerging, it's time to get rid of that contract and build the depth back up.

RollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:01 AM
RollingPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchruteFarms View Post
Goalie Comparison:

Crawford Luongo
GAA: 2.24 3.67

SV% 924% 885%

SO: 1 1
Doesn't even tell the whole story. Cut out the fluky deflections and redirects, and Crow's GAA is well under 2.

RollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote