HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF: Game 6 - Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Apr 24th - 5PM

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2011, 03:32 AM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamronGiles View Post
am i the only one noticing the piss poor gaps and backchecking?
Nope. You could land a 747 in the gaps being left these past couple of games. It's bizarre, it's like the Canuck end of the ice is twice as large as the Chicago end.

I'm sure the coaching staff sees it, I have no idea what instructions the players are failing to implement.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:40 AM
petrishriekandgo
Why not us?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Well, it didn't seem like Luongo was a problem in Game 1,2, or 3 to win. Why would the team suddenly lose faith in him? It sounds like something a short-sighted loser would think. (Not that I'm referring to you, just if I was his teammate and thought like that how would we win?)

If the team feels like Luongo is the problem against the Hawks, then this whole situation is more deep-seeded than it appears.
You could be right... but we're guaranteed two more chances to oust these mutha's... what have we got to lose? What is the goal... to win the cup right???

We've been embarrassed the last two games, Luongo has been chased twice... if he's chased again in game 6 won't Schneider HAVE to start game 7? So why put that pressure on him?

Let him play game 6 knowing it's not do or die... just go have fun, play your game and we'll see what happens.

If he wins... YAH!

If he loses, Luongo gets to go in and save the day in game 7 and redeem himself YAH!

Really... the only problem with starting Schneider in game 6 is if he wins and even then that problem is only about Luongo. He's only one player... one player in 40 years of this franchise. AND... he can play more during the other rounds...

Also... do we really want Luongo playing another game 6 vs the Blackhawks in the playoffs?

Old
04-22-2011, 03:43 AM
CamronGiles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrishriekandgo View Post
Really... the only problem with starting Schneider in game 6 is if he wins and even then that problem is only about Luongo. He's only one player... one player in 40 years of this franchise. AND... he can play more during the other rounds...

what if he gets shelled right away in game 6? oh luongo gets put in to get shelled even more!! call up eddie lack!!!!

Old
04-22-2011, 03:47 AM
petrishriekandgo
Why not us?

Quote:
what if he gets shelled right away in game 6? oh luongo gets put in to get shelled even more!! call up eddie lack!!!!
OK... well that is another problem... though unlikely (calling up Lack that is).

Believe it or not I believe this team will make it happen and win the series. How? I dunno... to quote "Shakespeare in Love"(my edits):

Philip Henslowe: Mr. Fennyman, allow me to explain about the Canucks Hockey Club. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent playoff disaster.

Hugh Fennyman: So what do we do?

Philip Henslowe: Nothing. Strangely enough, it all turns out well.

Hugh Fennyman: How?

Philip Henslowe: I don't know. It's a mystery.

--------

One can hope.. one can hope.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:49 AM
Meganuck*

my personal opinion for the lineup on sunday:

Sedins Samuelsson
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Higgins Hodgson Torres
Tambellini Lapierre Oreskovich

Edler Ehrhoff
Hamhuis Bieksa
Ballard Salo

Luongo

Old
04-22-2011, 03:49 AM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrishriekandgo View Post
We've been embarrassed the last two games, Luongo has been chased twice... if he's chased again in game 6 won't Schneider HAVE to start game 7? So why put that pressure on him?

Let him play game 6 knowing it's not do or die... just go have fun, play your game and we'll see what happens.

If he wins... YAH!

If he loses, Luongo gets to go in and save the day in game 7 and redeem himself YAH!
lol good way to think about it!

Old
04-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Kagee*

Higgins Hank Burrows
Danny Kesler Sammy (spread out the twins and see what happens)
Raymond Hodgson Hansen (best line recently)
Torres Lapierre Ores (hate to play against line)

Same D except put in Ballard or Alberts instead of Rome.
I think Ballard will come out awesome, after getting the dreaded scratch from a playoff game.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Speediakal
Hometown Discount

bench Rome and Glass. Bring back Ballard, Oreskovich, and/or Tambo. Maybe bench Torres to, this collapse is all his fault.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:58 AM
Hank4Hart

maybe lu will cut it down to 3 goals this time around

"I let in 3 goals this time, improvement was made"

Old
04-22-2011, 04:01 AM
CamronGiles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
maybe lu will cut it down to 3 goals this time around

"I let in 3 goals this time, improvement was made"
maybe henrik sedin will be cured of joe thorntonitis
well atleast thornton is scoring, maybe we should change the name

Old
04-22-2011, 04:04 AM
petrishriekandgo
Why not us?

My lineup for Sunday:

Sedins Burrows (too good for too long not to be able to make it happen)
Tambellini Kesler Hansen (speed match)
Higgins Hodgson Samuelsson (speed match + Hodgson needs some wingers who can score on his line)
Raymond Lapierre Oreskovich (something to prove line)

Edler Ehrhoff
Hamhuis Bieksa
Ballard Salo

Schnieder

1st PP:

Sedins - Kesler - Edler - Ehrhoff

2nd PP:

Higgins - Hodgson - Samuelsson - Salo - Bieksa

Old
04-22-2011, 04:08 AM
BoHorvatFan

Since we're talking about goalies we need to find a way to stop the Hawks goalie who has put up more offense over the last two games than the Sedins combined. That's right a rookie goalie has more points over two playoff games than the last two Art Ross winners.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:15 AM
Frisch

Wacthing the tip, it has been all mental. Their focus has been on persons, rather than the game. Play the game again, and they will win.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:20 AM
petrishriekandgo
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
Wacthing the tip, it has been all mental. Their focus has been on persons, rather than the game. Play the game again, and they will win.
Perfectly stated and spot on. It doesn't matter WHO is on the ice against them... play their game and they win.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:23 AM
Proto

vCash: 833
Coach had the boys ready to play. They really tightened up the middle of the ice in their own zone, and taking out Ballard for Rome to make the team slower and less capable of moving the puck out of their own end was an inspired choice. Choosing to leave Glass in for some redemption after his no-show so far this series was sensible coaching, as it allowed Glass to really shine out there and make a positive impact.

Business as usual for the Canucks with AV at the helm. I was impressed this year when he made the right adjustments, but worried that it took him a quarter of a season to do so. We're seeing the fruits of his slow adjustments again in this series. The team looks broken. Even if they win one of the next two I have a hard time imagining that they'll do much damage, but I sure hope I'm wrong.

Here's what I don't understand: the team went weeks without giving up breakaways this year, and now they're giving up about 5 a game, defensemen are giving away prime real estate like it was a toxic wall street asset, and the forwards look like they've never seen the goal line in their own end of the ice before. The team spent the last two games talking about not taking penalties... great. Now they don't hit anyone. Pathetic no show. Luongo probably flubs the first, is screened by his own players/unchecked Hawks on the next two, stops a breakaway after that, and what's his reward? More odd-manned rushes.

On the bright side, Bieksa can $*&% off and get lost now before they commit any money to him. I should have known his good play would disappear when it counted. What a loser that guy is.

/Rant complete.

Last edited by Proto: 04-22-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old
04-22-2011, 04:30 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Call a 4 hour time out and fly Lack from Peg to Chi.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:36 AM
Proto

vCash: 833
By the way, I'm pretty sure at one point in the first period the Canucks had given up three goals, taken two penalties, and had registered only 1 hit. This is not a great strategy

Old
04-22-2011, 04:40 AM
sticknrink

Vancouver hasn't been the same ever since Torres hit Seabrook. Not only are they worried about Chicagobut they can't play their game physically due to the refs.

If they blow it and lose the series, you have no choice but to blow up the team, and that includes the sedins and luongo.

Old
04-22-2011, 05:55 AM
CpatainCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticknrink View Post
Vancouver hasn't been the same ever since Torres hit Seabrook. Not only are they worried about Chicagobut they can't play their game physically due to the refs.

If they blow it and lose the series, you have no choice but to blow up the team, and that includes the sedins and luongo.
Why? What would happen if they didn't blow up the team?

Old
04-22-2011, 06:04 AM
CamronGiles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpatainCanuck View Post
Why? What would happen if they didn't blow up the team?
We will become San Jose North or Washington West

Old
04-22-2011, 06:12 AM
CpatainCanuck

Quote:
We will become San Jose North or Washington West
Those teams are doing pretty well if you haven't noticed. Do you think they'd be better teams if they blew themselves up and traded Ovechkin, Green, Semin, Thornton Marleau and Boyle (for example)?

Old
04-22-2011, 06:38 AM
MrJonas
Ekblads of Steel

If they blow it coach X will have to reinvent the team a la Washington. It would just be depressing dominating the league for another season, all the while knowing that ultimately it doesn't mean jack **** when it matters anyway.

Old
04-22-2011, 06:53 AM
CamronGiles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpatainCanuck View Post
Those teams are doing pretty well if you haven't noticed. Do you think they'd be better teams if they blew themselves up and traded Ovechkin, Green, Semin, Thornton Marleau and Boyle (for example)?
Those teams are playing well now, but theyve had some epic choke jobs over the years is what iam referring too.. And yes i do think SJ would be a better team without thornton and heatley and strengthing other aspects.

Old
04-22-2011, 06:57 AM
CpatainCanuck

Quote:
Those teams are playing well now, but theyve had some epic choke jobs over the years is what iam referring too.. And yes i do think SJ would be a better team without thornton and heatley and strengthing other aspects.
Acquiring Heatley was the big shakeup for San Jose. See the problem: change for the sake of change often doesn't make a team better.

Old
04-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Bleach Clean

Depth makes a coach look better than he actually is.

Toews, Kane, and Hossa were shutdown. So what did they do? They embraced the fact that the Canucks were focusing on them, and they became passers. This created a situation where the secondary players on the Hawks became much more important - and much more open to free-wheel.

Game 4 rolls around, and the forwards stop back-checking hard. Reason = who knows what? This allowed the hawks to gain the line easily because the D had to back off. It was exactly how the Hawks wanted to play, and they blew out the Canucks.

Game 5 comes around, and now no one trusts anyone due to the previous shellacking. D don't trust the forwards, and are constantly backing off. The forwards continue to back-check poorly. Even when the rush is stopped, the forwards bolt up the ice leaving their D stranded. Now here is the kicker - The Hawks have opened up the middle by attacking through the wings. They gain the zone along the boards and look for the trailer up the middle. Is there an adjustment? Nope.

The Hawks have made significant adjustments throughout the series. AV has made none. After getting worked in game 4, I was concerned. Why? Because in the post-game AV said that the team's problems were effort based, and that they would be easy to fix. All I could think was this guy is a complete moron. Yes, effort was at fault, but so were systems play. The Hawks continue to make adjustments, and the Canucks do not.

How does a system completely break down to give odd-man rushes and breakaways in the multiples? Answer: Adjustments from the Hawks, and no adjustments from the Canucks.

After a record setting season and possible Jack Adams hype, I can't believe I am about to say this: AV needs to be removed from his post.

Closed Thread