HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4 - Kings vs. Sharks - 04/21/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
04-22-2011, 01:52 AM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Greene is going no where. There is not one prospect in the system that brings his nasty streak.

Gotta take the bad with the good on Him.
Doughty and Johnson both have his nasty streak, sorry.

And you need to temper nasty with smart, but like I said, he is the only D I can see being moved to make room for prospects coming up, Voynov, Muzzin, Hickey etc.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:53 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsation8 View Post
I wanna tell him "Crosby" sooooo bad!
So? It's the east. A highschool could get to the second round there.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
I doubt either will be shopped, if an offer comes in he will probably listen, but actively shopped, I doubt it.

Simmonds showed a lot this series, his play with Richardson and Clifford, that's an active 3rd line for the foreseeable 10 years...they just click, it's nice to watch.
Problem is, we got a bunch of guys that fit the third line role. We need to get the top 2 lines to CLICK.

We need more talent in the top 6, and I think we need to get on that this offseason. There are potential forwards that fit that criteria that can be had for the Kings via trade.

I don't see Dean chasing Richards in UFA. We have some potential cap issues, and some players will be moved around.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KingsCourt

Just realized kings lost 6 of 7...cool!

KingsCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise13 View Post
Was going to comment on this...

He really does seem like he's lost. That or he's just awkward on in front of the camera? Can someone clarify?

If I could nitpick about the Kings, the biggest thing I've found absolutely irritating/infuriating as a Sharks fan is not the Stoll hit on White. That was an unfortunate incident, and Stoll seemed like a decent enough guy, atoned for it. It's Terry Murray in his press conferences. My god man...
lolol the guy is an idiot man, I take everything Murray says with a grain of salt. We've had to listen to this guy for the last 3 years, shoot me

I want Bob Boughner so badly, he can relate to our young guys, not like that old piece of ****. Isn't he the oldest coach in the NHL now that Lemaire is done? **** man

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:54 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Doughty and Johnson both have his nasty streak, sorry.

And you need to temper nasty with smart, but like I said, he is the only D I can see being moved to make room for prospects coming up, Voynov, Muzzin, Hickey etc.
No they don't. Greens one of the team leaders in hits and is the only one with an actual nasty streak. Besides Johnson hasn't had a big hit in three years n

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Greene is going no where. There is not one prospect in the system that brings his nasty streak.

Gotta take the bad with the good on Him.
Its been a long time since i last saw this nasty streak, id rather have a capable 3rd pairing that can put up points and not be stupid on defence or taking penalties. A 3rd line with 2 of Muzzin-Amart-Hickey-Voynov although may not be better to start with, has all the potential to develop into a 2nd line pairing. Suddenly that gives the kings a top line pairing, and 2 top tier 2nd lines

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
he was also the guy that left Thornton alone infront of the net for the tap in goal.

I really hope that A-Mart-Voynov is our 3rd partnership next year, then if 1 is bad, call Hickey or Muzzin up. We have 4 nhl ready guys in those 4 now, all of which can develop to be better than Greene, and who will need to replace Mitchell the following year anyway, so no better time to get them experienced
Saw that, that should be on Greene, he got left CHASING Wellwood, while Richardson went to cut him off, Greene should have recognized that and gone to the front of the net,

Richardson should have yelled at Greene, but ultimately, Greene has to recognize that situation.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:56 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
The turning point in the game? A Mart putting it into his own net when there wasn't even pressure from the Sharks. The kings were playing their game up until that point. A Mart had a TERRIBLE game. I believe he was on the ice for at least 3 of SJ's goals.
lol at blaming that goal on Martinez, the puck deflected off Johnsons skate into his stick, he didnt have time to react to it. Blaming him for that is like blaming Mitchell for scoring an own goal in game 3

Old
damacles1156

Quote:
Its been a long time since i last saw this nasty streak, id rather have a capable 3rd pairing that can put up points and not be stupid on defence or taking penalties. A 3rd line with 2 of Muzzin-Amart-Hickey-Voynov although may not be better to start with, has all the potential to develop into a 2nd line pairing. Suddenly that gives the kings a top line pairing, and 2 top tier 2nd lines

I disagree. You take Greene out of the lineup and the Kings are really soft on D.

Greene played a bad game tonight, but they happen.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Gotta remember, he's still young, with work he will get there, and he wasn't running around out there in the defensive zone too much tonight....that I noticed.
It's true. I just think there are certain guys that do not mesh well with guys who play that kind of style, specifically #2 as he starts running around like a moron who doesn't even know wtf he's doing. And those kinds of things are unfortunately destroying our chances of winning these games. It will come with time and I like that line as a scoring line, I'm just not sure I'd use them in a checking capacity. Our fourth line has to be able to get better and handle some of that responsibility.

It isn't necessarily Richie's fault, his chasing with 100% effort just seems to put players in bad positions to do bad things.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Saw that, that should be on Greene, he got left CHASING Wellwood, while Richardson went to cut him off, Greene should have recognized that and gone to the front of the net,

Richardson should have yelled at Greene, but ultimately, Greene has to recognize that situation.
I agree, that one was on Greene.

At his best, Greene is a decent, physical 3rd-pairing defenseman. At his worst, he runs all over the ice.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Orenji

I'm not really worried about our defense. Our top four should be one of the best next year if Doughty can throw this season in the trash can and mature. Our bottom pairing will probably have fifty different looks next season until we find the right match.

This team just really has to hope that someone like Schenn, Toffoli or Loktionov can make it past training camp and have a Calder nominating season.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:57 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:

I agree with this. The defenseman needs to get in front of the net and the center goes behind to pressure the puck. I believe that is the system. Kopitar always goes behind the net and the defenseman goes to the front.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:58 AM
bobafettish*

Quote:
lol at blaming that goal on Martinez, the puck deflected off Johnsons skate into his stick, he didnt have time to react to it. Blaming him for that is like blaming Mitchell for scoring an own goal in game 3
yea JJ was actually caught downlow which lead to the outnubmered attack. So if anyones to blame its mr minus

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:59 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
It's true. I just think there are certain guys that do not mesh well with guys who play that kind of style, specifically #2 as he starts running around like a moron who doesn't even know wtf he's doing. And those kinds of things are unfortunately destroying our chances of winning these games. It will come with time and I like that line as a scoring line, I'm just not sure I'd use them in a checking capacity. Our fourth line has to be able to get better and handle some of that responsibility.
Call me crazy, but Ponikarovsky fits our 4th line, not at 3.5 million, but, he hustles, he forechecks, he hits, if that is made his role, I can see resigning him for a much lesser deal, and he will bring the veteran's prescence and you can break in a Schenn, Lotkionov, Moller, Toffoli, etc, with him and not be worried that you are throwing out 3 20 year olds...

Old
04-22-2011, 02:00 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I'm not really worried about our defense. Our top four should be one of the best next year if Doughty can throw this season in the trash can and mature. Our bottom pairing will probably have fifty different looks next season until we find the right match.

This team just really has to hope that someone like Schenn, Toffoli or Loktionov can make it past training camp and have a Calder nominating season.
Unlikely, he's going back Juniors my friend. The other two, on the other hand, should make the squad and will hopefully put up huge numbers. Toffoli needs another couple years of development

Old
04-22-2011, 02:01 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I'm sort of regretting the Penner trade, we could sign someone like Fleischmann or Simon Gagné this off-season or another solid LW, who could contribute more than Penner and we could've kept the 1st round pick. Ugh and I was so happy at the trade deadline lol

Old
04-22-2011, 02:01 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
I disagree. You take Greene out of the lineup and the Kings are really soft on D.

Greene played a bad game tonight, but they happen.
I don't agree, I don't equate not hitting with soft though either...

I think, if an offer comes up Greene won't be the sticking point....

I think the right offer of Greene, a prospect and a F, can get us a solid 2nd line C...a bit more offensive than Stoll.... etc.

Old
04-22-2011, 02:02 AM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I'm sort of regretting the Penner trade, we could sign someone like Fleischmann or Simon Gagné this off-season or another solid LW, who could contribute more than Penner and we could've kept the 1st round pick. Ugh and I was so happy at the trade deadline lol
Flash yes
Gagne no

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Orenji

Quote:
Unlikely, he's going back Juniors my friend. The other two, on the other hand, should make the squad and will hopefully put up huge numbers. Toffoli needs another couple years of development
Meh, Toffoli is a sniper. He does need to mature, but you can't look past his 50 goals this season and offensive abilities. He improved rapidly from last year to this year, so who knows how he looks at training camp. He has the shooting potential to be someone who can come up and be a positive right away. He probably won't be on the team for at least a year or two more, though.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 02:03 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Fleischman, who knows if he will play hockey again...

Gagne was rumoured not to waive his no trade to come to LA, why would he sign here if that's true?

The 1st is not a big loss in a shallow draft when we are deep in prospects....

Old
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Still one game left and no matter how bad this loss or the last one feel, I'm happy I still get a chance to see at least one more Kings hockey game. While I won't be too mad if TM is behind the bench next year (which I'm pretty sure he will be), I'd like to see the Kings address the lack of PP performance by having someone replace Kompon. Not doing so send the wrong message about accountability.

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Call me crazy, but Ponikarovsky fits our 4th line, not at 3.5 million, but, he hustles, he forechecks, he hits, if that is made his role, I can see resigning him for a much lesser deal, and he will bring the veteran's prescence and you can break in a Schenn, Lotkionov, Moller, Toffoli, etc, with him and not be worried that you are throwing out 3 20 year olds...
Id also like to keep Poni for a 4th line role as long as he is paid for a 4th line role. He can also step up if needed when the inevitable Williams or Smyth injury occurs

I wonder what the kings can get for the 4 player edmonton package?

Old
04-22-2011, 02:04 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
young players, yes, 0 chance Brown or Simmonds unless some crazy crazy offer comes. Simmonds is actually playing with heart, and Brown, although frustrating, is a 50 point power forward on an absolute steal of a contract.

You would be looking at Martinez, Johnson, Lewis and then prospects as the trade bait
Dean made it pretty clear Johnson is part of his long term plans. We got enough players that fit the 3rd line, and can replace Simmonds. Simmonds is not a top 6 player and Brown is valuable, and sometimes you need to give to get a really good player.

Its unfortunate, they are good players and good people, but this is a results oriented business. You can't keep everyone, and if you do that you will get the same results. We're about to be kicked out of the first round again in less than 6 games. We're currently 3-8 in the playoffs. I'd be remiss if anyone on here thinks that is successful and want to keep everyone around for next season.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote