HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks winning or Nucks losing?

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2011, 07:39 AM
RollingPuck

vCash: 500
Hawks winning or Nucks losing?

I see a lot of fans of other teams supporting us, only because they want to see Vancouver fail. A lot of our fans, as well, are celebrating Vancouver "choking".

I want to beat them as much as anyone, but realize that whenever someone says "Vancouver choked" or "Vancouver sucks", it kind if detracts from what the Hawks are doing. I understand fans and rivalry and rooting against rivals, but why is it impressive to beat a team that "sucks", and why were you down 3-0 to them in the first place?

The Nucks are a damn good team and if we pull this off, I'll forever remember this as our epic comeback and achievement, not their epic failure. I hope the national media does as well, but I fear they'll blame Vancouver rather than celebrate Chicago.

Old
04-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
but I fear they'll blame Vancouver rather than celebrate Chicago.
it will be both

Old
04-25-2011, 09:42 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I think history would remember it as: This is the difference between a great regular season team and a championship team.

Old
04-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPuck View Post
I see a lot of fans of other teams supporting us, only because they want to see Vancouver fail. A lot of our fans, as well, are celebrating Vancouver "choking".

I want to beat them as much as anyone, but realize that whenever someone says "Vancouver choked" or "Vancouver sucks", it kind if detracts from what the Hawks are doing. I understand fans and rivalry and rooting against rivals, but why is it impressive to beat a team that "sucks", and why were you down 3-0 to them in the first place?

The Nucks are a damn good team and if we pull this off, I'll forever remember this as our epic comeback and achievement, not their epic failure. I hope the national media does as well, but I fear they'll blame Vancouver rather than celebrate Chicago.
Canucks didn't show anything in games 4-5 IMO. The Hawks were lucky to win game 6, because the Canucks were absolutely controlling the play the last 40 minutes of the game.

IMO, if the Canucks team put up an effort in game 7 like they did last night, and the Hawks win - I think it's a case of the Hawks winning. If they come out flat or roll over and mail in it in game 7 - it's more of a case of the Canucks choking IMO.

Old
04-25-2011, 09:57 AM
RollingPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Canucks didn't show anything in games 4-5 IMO.
Or the Hawks showed a lot.

Quote:
The Hawks were lucky to win game 6, because the Canucks were absolutely controlling the play the last 40 minutes of the game.
Kind of like the opposite of game 1?

Old
04-25-2011, 10:15 AM
stingo

Beating Vancouver, especially in the fashion that we will beat them, in coming back from a three game deficit, is almost equal to winning the Stanley Cup. Of course, it's not the same sort of pleasure, but it will be immensely satisfying. And this is due to the rivalry, and hatred I feel toward the Canucks, their management, and their arrogant fanbase.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Autologic
@Dropinlogic

If Hawks win game 7 I will be in your team's debt. I promise to cheer for you guys the rest of playoffs. Admittedly I was more anti-canucks then pro-hawks at the start of this series. But watching the Hawks fight and determination to get back in the series has been very impressive. This year's version of the Hawks has that underdog feel to them. Bolland is becoming one of my favorite players to watch, what a warrior that guy is. He reminds me of a younger Darcy Tucker (2000-2004 range) before he sort of became soft and overpaid.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:28 AM
digdug41982

There's really only one comparable to Bolland:

Old
04-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Overkamp

As a Blues fan I naturally hate your team and have for a very long time.

That being said I absolutely hate the Canucks and their team, the way they play and their fans are the absolute worst. The worst. I've never met such a large group of whiners. Every team has them and so I try not to generalize a whole group of fans but they are on a whole new level.

It's pretty simple. The Canucks are not really that great of a team. They aren't a team built for the playoffs. They lack toughness, discipline and the wherewithal for any playoffs series much less a 7 game series. And look at their star players? They disappear.

When the going get's tough the Canucks don't get going.

Just watching Sedin dive last night after cross checking Crawford and Campbell barely touching him pissed me off. Reminded me of why I hate them so much. They don't play the game the right way, never have.

Good luck Tuesday.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:38 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

The twinkies play one-dimensional hockey and in 5 on 5 playoff hockey, that doesn't cut it. You take the PP away form Canucks and they are an average team. Seeing them diving in the playoffs only means the Hawks are doing their jobs on them and has a familiar tone.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:31 AM
RollingPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Actually that's exactly who the Canucks have been. Just not against the Hawks for some reason.
Maybe after three years it's not a coincidence?

Old
04-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Overkamp

Quote:
Maybe after three years it's not a coincidence?

That was my point exactly.

Old
04-25-2011, 01:00 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:

It will be a crazy game 7. If the hawks come out like they did in game 5, there will be no stopping them. But on the other hand, Vancouver came out hard last night and if they play the same way tomorrow, it will be a total toss up for the win.

Old
04-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Sevanston

I don't care about the difference.

History won't either.

Old
04-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
I love the excuses.

"The Hawks are catching a lot of breaks"

Which "breaks" do you speak of?
Right. If the Hawks are catching breaks in games 4-6, the Canucks caught just as many breaks in games 1-3. In the first 3 games I think they scored 5 goals off of weird deflections and tips. Its not like the Canucks were running the Hawks out of the building and the Hawks just got lucky for 3 games. Even last night the Canucks first goal came off of a weird tip and the second goal came off of a puck that rolled off of Campoli's stick.

Old
04-25-2011, 01:33 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Right you are, Illinihockey. Fact of the matter is Canucks have scored many more garbage goals in this series ... and that is why I sometimes get frustrated with the Hawks who simply don't shoot enough or fail to just get the puck to the crease where good things can happen.

Old
04-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Right. If the Hawks are catching breaks in games 4-6, the Canucks caught just as many breaks in games 1-3. In the first 3 games I think they scored 5 goals off of weird deflections and tips. Its not like the Canucks were running the Hawks out of the building and the Hawks just got lucky for 3 games. Even last night the Canucks first goal came off of a weird tip and the second goal came off of a puck that rolled off of Campoli's stick.
I was going to say that too.

What about in game one when the Hawks hit 4 posts?

I think Nuck fans are all bent about the Bickell hit and they see the no call as a "break" when in reality that was a clean hit - not to mention its karma to boot. The officials were probably laughing about it - I was... Its the same hit that took Seabrook out, Bickells hit was a lot cleaner tho, arms tucked and shoulder out.

If anything Vancouver players are embellishing. I don't know how many times I've seen the Sedins reaching for their faces acting like they were high sticked. They've done that several times.

Luongo was flopping around during the 3rd in game two. I have a feeling the officials told him to knock it off or hes going to get called for it.

All in all I think the officiating in this series has been pretty good.

Of course stuff is going to happen behind the play, but this is playoff hockey, there is going to be pushing and shoving and a whack here and there. Guys are going to hit one another - Hockey is a physical sport. Besides, it was Vancouver that came out right off the bat throwing huge hits in game one. Now they're getting a dose of their own medicine and now they're crying foul.

Old
04-25-2011, 02:23 PM
stingo

Why would you come to the Hawks board to talk about how it's been unfair all series? And then expect not to get "attacked", as you say you have been. If we went into your forum, we'd all have infractions, and likely be banned from these boards.

The Canucks gooned it up, so to speak, in games four and five, when the game got out of reach. You had idiots like Bieska, Torres and Lapierre running around acting like morons, and more importantly, piling up penalties. When you play that kind of game, you have to expect the other team to be on the PP more often.

As for the time-out, look at the rulebook. It's part of the rules.

the too many men call from last game? It was just homerish announcing by the Canucks broadcaster. Look it up and count how many Hawks were on the ice.

Non-issue.

Canucks need to stop making excuses and pitying themselves. As should their fans.

Old
04-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

I've jumped on the hawks bandwagon the last 3 playoffs, your team has always been a heck of a lot of fun to watch and root for, Toews is my fav player in the league(not playing for ottawa). I love seeing the hawks win not the nucks lose(although I will admit seeing some of their cocky fans whine about the refs all day does make me lol)

Old
04-25-2011, 04:20 PM
RollingPuck

Only the truly biased don't see that missed calls go both ways. As for calling Bolland's crushing hit "luck", I have no words. He created a goal out of hard work and hustle.

Old
04-25-2011, 04:37 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerBoy888 View Post
I'm from Vancouver and I can tell you Chicago's got way better schools than Vancouver. U of Chicago is ranked top ten in the world while UBC is ranked what?
yea but chicago public schools are bad...

Old
04-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 406
Well cleaned this thing up a bit

But I am gonna go ahead and close it

Just put all this type of talk in our series thread instead of having seperate thread

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 04-25-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Closed Thread