HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why?

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2004, 01:34 AM
Russian_fanatic

vCash: 500
Why?

Why?

What is with all the trade Bertuzzi proposals? Why trade one of the best players in the league? It's really starting to make me mad! aghhhhhhh... How about we keep the core, and just build around it?

Old
07-12-2004, 02:24 AM
struckmatch

^ It's the offseason, people have nothing else to toss around. Especially since there is some speculation regarding him moving and what not, I'm not saying any of this actually means he should, or will be dealt, but during the offseason, people have nothing else to do other than kick around trade ideas, and why not with a name so big, and so heavily scrutinized.

He won't be dealt. But its interesting to hear what his value is like right now, with him being in the situation he's in.

Old
07-12-2004, 02:56 AM
MS

A decent percentage of Canuck fans started to get very scared about his future here when the charges were brought against him, so they're making silly proposals to deal him at his pre-incident value. Likewise, fans of rival teams are making silly proposals thinking the team will give him away because of the charges.

Nothing will happen. We can't get anywhere near what he's worth under these circumstances, and there's no way other NHL teams will want to give up much for a player with criminal charges facing him. He's probably the least likely player in the entire league to be traded right now.

Old
07-12-2004, 03:12 AM
deathbear

he's not going to be traded. the best question, or guess really, is WHEN will he be playing for the canucks again, not if.

Old
07-12-2004, 03:53 AM
misconduct

I'm in agreeance. No more BURTuzzi, Thorton or Thorthon proposals please.

Old
07-12-2004, 04:42 AM
quat
winsome, loathsome

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by misconduct
I'm in agreeance. No more BURTuzzi, Thorton or Thorthon proposals please.
How about Bertuzzi's home for Thorton's condo plus....?

Old
07-12-2004, 04:47 AM
misconduct

Only if you throw in Bert's wife as a part of the package.

Old
07-12-2004, 10:34 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian_fanatic
Why?

What is with all the trade Bertuzzi proposals? Why trade one of the best players in the league? It's really starting to make me mad! aghhhhhhh... How about we keep the core, and just build around it?
As I posted elsewhere--if you look at the track record of how the current ownership deals with players and gm's who screw up in public--on or off the ice---they are usaully done in Vancouver within six months.

The Bertuzzi selling his house did not help matters--he may just be buying a bigger house. I know for a fact that JOhn M did not like how Bertuzzi handled the comments by a former radio host in Vancouver--threatening to go down and punch his lights out. And now with court problem and the ten game suspension that he got a couple of seasons ago--and the nice large contract that he got. McAw may look at Bertuzzi as being a liability

Old
07-12-2004, 04:47 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by misconduct
Only if you throw in Bert's wife as a part of the package.
How about: you get to fish balls

from the water on Berts course in Sudbury... but only for 30 minutes.

Old
07-12-2004, 05:59 PM
The Pucks

I will bet that the posters from other teams who make proposals for Bert are about an average of 15 years old. They wake up, after squeezing a few zits, get a sudden brain storm," hey, he has a few legal issues, maybe they want to get rid of him!!!! "

They figure if they package 3 or 4 usless assets they can make a wonderfull deal.

1st the point out that he may spend the next 7 to 10 years in jail, so because they are good willed fans, they will take him to help us out.

In my opinion the words Bertuzzi, Bert, Todd, Toddmeister, Bertmeister and any other variation of his name should be banned from these boards untill the next regular season starts.

Old
07-15-2004, 10:21 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks
In my opinion the words Bertuzzi, Bert, Todd, Toddmeister, Bertmeister and any other variation of his name should be banned from these boards untill the next regular season starts.
Until after the court case--cause that is when the fun starts

Old
07-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Knucklez

All these "Bertuzzi trade rumours" are just HF-created myths. Nobody outside of this message board is talking about it. It's not going to happen.

Old
07-15-2004, 12:05 PM
canuck293

I can't really see Bertuzzi going any time soon. He is a big part of this organization, and getting rid of him now isn't very classy, then again this is a business, and class is not always involved. If the players coming back were players that could really benefit this club, then I would be all for moving him!

Old
07-15-2004, 06:49 PM
QuickDynamite

He isn't going anywhere. Just because he sold his house? Maybe he is tired of the media hassling him at his home all the time. I don't blame him.

Closed Thread