HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(part 2) ECQF #5: Sabres @ Flyers - Friday, Apr. 22, 2011

Old
04-23-2011, 01:42 AM
Breeze 44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Except he didn't make 50 saves, and a Flyer didn't put it in the net.

What did happen is Leighton kicked a rebound straight to Buffalo for the OT loss.
No...he kicked towards the far boards and there happened to be a sabre there. You f'ing people are unreal. I would NEVER want to be a goalie in this town because half of you guys are CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know when your next BEER league game is because I really need a laugh!!

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:49 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze 44 View Post
No...he kicked towards the far boards and there happened to be a sabre there. You f'ing people are unreal. I would NEVER want to be a goalie in this town because half of you guys are CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know when your next BEER league game is because I really need a laugh!!
He kicked it right out in front of the net. It didn't get to the far boards. He left it in a TERRIBLE place.

And how do you account for his totally nonexistent rebound control all game? It was nerve-racking. It was only a matter of time until one got pounded home.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Breeze 44

Yep, the ONe goal he let in killed us...not the 3 by Boosh and not the lack of offense once we tied it...back to the lackadasical play because we fought all the way back...it was all Leighton!! I'll say it again Jesus could be in net for us and the minute he let up a goal half you so-called experts would say he not as good as his father!! You all want Loungo and hear he is about to have ANOTHER play-off meltdown. Get over yourselves, your not as knowlegable as the media give you credit for

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:03 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
I agree with you ! Some real armchair hockey players on this board.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:03 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Yep, the ONe goal he let in killed us...not the 3 by Boosh and not the lack of offense once we tied it...back to the lackadasical play because we fought all the way back...it was all Leighton!! I'll say it again Jesus could be in net for us and the minute he let up a goal half you so-called experts would say he not as good as his father!! You all want Loungo and hear he is about to have ANOTHER play-off meltdown. Get over yourselves, your not as knowlegable as the media give you credit for
1) Nobody has ever said Boosh isn't at fault for putting us down 3. At the end of the day though, it was Leighton's goof up that costed the game in OT. All he had to do (yet AGAIN) was not suck. He didn't need to be incredible...he just had to not blow. And for the second time he blew it at a crucial moment.

2) Flyers weren't lackadaisical. The Sabres actually started playing again. If anything, it was the Sabres who were being lazy for the entirety of the 2nd.

3) What the hell are you talking about? Who here wants Luongo? NOBODY does. That's not even possible with his cap hit, and his contract lasts until the end of time. You're making crap up.

4) Media? What? You aren't making a shred of sense. I didn't know the media saw this internet forum for Flyers enthusiasts as a gathering of gurus.

Old
04-23-2011, 02:12 AM
skoods

Watch the highlights...that goal was surrendered because we couldn't clear the puck. We had two chances to get the puck out of the zone and couldn't do it. That left a 3 on 2 towards the net and we got burnt.

Just got to win 2 in a row.

skoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:13 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoods View Post
Watch the highlights...that goal was surrendered because we couldn't clear the puck. We had two chances to get the puck out of the zone and couldn't do it. That left a 3 on 2 towards the net and we got burnt.

A goalie needs to be able to bail our his D every now and then. They aren't going to be flawless on every play.

It pisses me of to watch the D bail out all those rebounds Leighton left laying around the net for 2 periods. And when it comes time for him to return the favor...yeah.

Old
04-23-2011, 02:15 AM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoods View Post

The inability to clear led to... an easy save. The defense takes part of the blame but there was no monumental defensive gaffe or something. The biggest mistake made on the play was Leighton's.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:16 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
The D blew that play, but Leighton can't put that juicy rebound there in OT. He just can't. If he were a better goaltender, there were options for him to get that away from Ennis....but Leighton is awful.

I'm not blaming him for the game, and he's not solely to blame on the goal, but for once if this team just had a decent goaltender (most playoff teams have better backups than we do starters) that rebound probably doesn't happen.

Also, Michael Leighton blames the defense for that goal publically? I hope Zherdev has a few Russian mobsters come and garrote that stupid ****, and his body is found floating somewhere in the north end of the Delaware, buoyed by his freebound-generating RBK pads. Moron.
I hope the team takes shots at Leightons mellon at practice if he actually did that.
Michael Leighton sucks and so does Matt Carle.
This organization will never win a Cup until they take the goaltending position seriously. It doesnt matter how stacked you think you are at forward and defense, if you go cheap on goaltending and think that 2 backup at best goalies equal a Cup contender then we will never win with that menatality.
yeah goaltending is overrated and doesnt matter. Have you seen whats gone on in this series? 6 games. 3 goalies.
What a ****ing joke.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:21 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
quit acting like an idiot and stop making **** up. No one ever said Luongo. I think most of us around here(the Leighton fanboys aside) would like a compitient goaltender. Someone who we can rely on to make the saves he is supposed to make and occasionally steal a game. I am so sick of this ****fest we have had in goal. Every year we throw someone out there different. When was the last time we had stability in goal? We havent had it in awhile because our wonderfull GM has failed to grasp the concept on goaltending. And until he does we are not winning ****.

Old
04-23-2011, 02:27 AM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
They were setting up their breakout, because the Sabres were changing defensemen.

Carle was also caught watching the puck and not covering Ennis.

It's fine to blame Leighton, but Carle is the guy who has been playing in the NHL all year.

Who said anything about Leighton? I'm blaming Mez for being stupid. He's really pissing me off in this series, I mean he has like a goal and an assist yet he's still taking stupid penalties and pretty much started the Sabres OT goal. He's a depth guy so whatever.

Carle on the other hand I agree has been playing soft, but I also believe people scapegoat him, he makes a couple of serious brain farts, but has also made a lot of great plays offensively this entire series. It's not just offensively though, I remember there were games in Buffalo when O'D or Mez go for a line change just when the Sabres start fore checking (****ing idiots). And the stupid Flyer forwards are just standing near our blue line waiting for the puck instead of supporting him down low. And Carle would just avoid checks and come out of the zone safely with the puck. Or he'd make a play behind the net, and would somehow get the puck out of our zone.

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:33 AM
JD SabreFan

Send a message via AIM to JD SabreFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walnut View Post
Disappointing. Outplayed them for 5 games and suffer due to bad bounces, poor officiating and questionable goaltending. Sunday is a day of miracles apparently, so lets hope we get one in Buffalo. This team is too good to not win this series.

And to the haters that are pinning our prediciment on a goalie. You're right. It's all Millers fault.

Get behind this team. wear the colours. chant the name. BLEED ORANGE & BLACK.

I'll be here Sunday, keeping the neighbours up to gone 3 and I'll drink with anyone who will do the same.

LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!

Holy living in denial batman!

JD SabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:36 AM
CGiroux3133

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD SabreFan View Post
Clearly your mistaken, You without Miller and us with a goalie thats somewhat relevant Buffalo is swept with ease, Miller has won you 2 games and our goalie gave you one. Otherwise your facing elimination however thats not how it has happened so we will have to win in 7 thats all...CLEARLY the Flyers are the better team outside of goaltending

CGiroux3133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:40 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD SabreFan View Post
the Sabres with Boucher and Leighton would be the Islanders.

Old
04-23-2011, 02:41 AM
MGIII
Legendary

Quote:
1) Nobody has ever said Boosh isn't at fault for putting us down 3. At the end of the day though, it was Leighton's goof up that costed the game in OT. All he had to do (yet AGAIN) was not suck. He didn't need to be incredible...he just had to not blow. And for the second time he blew it at a crucial moment.

2) Flyers weren't lackadaisical. The Sabres actually started playing again. If anything, it was the Sabres who were being lazy for the entirety of the 2nd.
1) To be fair, that's the exact same save everyone in the league is making. Weber shot a perfect shot; the only way there would be no rebound would be if Leighton was psychic and knew where the shot was going or if Weber lifted the puck off the ground making the trajectory of the rebound more variable. As it stands, the D should've been there to stop the cut, or at least harass him.

2) I was saying this the whole freaking period. Buffalo waits until Philly ties us to play hockey again? What the hell? If they played that way to begin with we might not have even had to go to OT. Ugh.

MGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:42 AM
CGiroux3133

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
the Sabres with Boucher and Leighton would be the Islanders.
You said it better then i did, and completely true

Old
04-23-2011, 02:42 AM
dats81

Pathetic

I wonder if Bill Melzer and all the other Brian Boucher fanboys still think that he is calming reliable presence in net, better than ever, legit playoff starter.
We need more of this ****... C'mon Mr. Homer please resign Boosh for next season so that he can teach Bob a lot more of his fancy moves

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:47 AM
Eech

Quote:
A goalie needs to be able to bail our his D every now and then. They aren't going to be flawless on every play.

It pisses me of to watch the D bail out all those rebounds Leighton left laying around the net for 2 periods. And when it comes time for him to return the favor...yeah.
I was never a fan of Leighton and this is why. It also annoys me that he put the blame on the defence when talking to the media. Real character guy he is...

Eech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:48 AM
MGIII
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGiroux3133 View Post
Clearly your mistaken, You without Miller and us with a goalie thats somewhat relevant Buffalo is swept with ease, Miller has won you 2 games and our goalie gave you one. Otherwise your facing elimination however thats not how it has happened so we will have to win in 7 thats all...CLEARLY the Flyers are the better team outside of goaltending
Nah son. Our D has blocked plenty of shots, delivered plenty of hits and our forwards converted more chances (albeit two of them are fluky as all hell but it all counts the same). The teams have been pretty even outside of goalie play, it just so happens in the big moment our guy makes the saves (Boucher had godlike stats in his two and two-thirds games).

I will not deny we would be completely ****ed without Miller, though. Enroth is a pleasant surprise but he ain't ready.

Old
04-23-2011, 02:52 AM
CGiroux3133

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGIII View Post
Nah son. Our D has blocked plenty of shots, delivered plenty of hits and our forwards converted more chances (albeit two of them are fluky as all hell but it all counts the same). The teams have been pretty even outside of goalie play, it just so happens in the big moment our guy makes the saves (Boucher had godlike stats in his two and two-thirds games).

I will not deny we would be completely ****ed without Miller, though. Enroth is a pleasant surprise but he ain't ready.
You said "nah son" which im not your son by the way, But after you said "nah son" you repeated what i said, If Miller didnt single handedly win you 2 and Boosh give you 1 were up 3-0

Old
04-23-2011, 02:56 AM
Mike2000z28

Leighton did fine. The real problem is the thing the Flyers call their Power Play........... and offensive problems as well defensive awareness added with shoddy goal-tending at times.

This team is lacking in the consistency department and mental toughness, not to mention being lazy and looking like they don't give a crap until they are actually losing then they get some life. Can't win most games when you wake up late to the party.

Why are people saying get Vokoun? He sucks and won't do any better than what we have unfortunately. Goalie situation looks dire for next year.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:58 AM
CGiroux3133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
Leighton did fine. The real problem is the thing the Flyers call their Power Play........... and offensive problems as well defensive awareness added with shoddy goal-tending at times.

This team is lacking in the consistency department and mental toughness, not to mention being lazy and looking like they don't give a crap until they are actually losing then they get some life. Can't win most games when you wake up late to the party.

Why are people saying get Vokoun? He sucks and won't do any better than what we have unfortunately. Goalie situation looks dire for next year.
Im sorry he sucks? 1 hes better then anything we have here, 2 he plays for Florida whens the last time they have been good in front of him

Old
04-23-2011, 02:59 AM
MGIII
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGiroux3133 View Post
You said "nah son" which im not your son by the way, But after you said "nah son" you repeated what i said, If Miller didnt single handedly win you 2 and Boosh give you 1 were up 3-0
I don't think I repeated what you said, sport. I admitted that Miller has been a focal point and huge asset, but that goes without saying.

He didn't single-handedly win us two. The D blocked many shots in both games and for the most part kept the Flyers from harassing him and clearing any rebounds he did cough up. He was absolutely instrumental in both games however.

The way you Philly fans talk you would think it's 5 on Miller the whole game.

Old
04-23-2011, 03:03 AM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGIII View Post
I don't think I repeated what you said, sport. I admitted that Miller has been a focal point and huge asset, but that goes without saying.

He didn't single-handedly win us two. The D blocked many shots in both games and for the most part kept the Flyers from harassing him and clearing any rebounds he did cough up. He was absolutely instrumental in both games however.

The way you Philly fans talk you would think it's 5 on Miller the whole game.
At times it's kinda been that way. Not for whole games, but stretches. Yes, you guys do a very good job of blocking shots, but you're not going to win many games scoring 1 goal unless your goalie is really really good. That was especially true in game 4. I thought game 1 was more even but Miller pretty much stole game 4.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 03:26 AM
Justified
Amaro out

The Flyers statistically have a 19% chance of winning. But realistically, how can we be considered Cup Contenders with a question mark in goal. Just pull the plug early and try to let Homer fix this problem once and for, while I find a bandwagon to jump on. I cant take much more of this team.

Justified is offline   Reply With Quote