HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Vancouver vs. Chicago (Who wins?)

View Poll Results: How will the remainder of this series play out?
Vancouver in 6 78 37.14%
Vancouver in 7 41 19.52%
Chicago in 7 91 43.33%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-22-2011, 11:06 PM
SENSational Sens Fan

vCash: 500
Vancouver vs. Chicago (Who wins?)

With Vancouver winning the first three games of the series convincingly, and then losing Games 4 and 5 in blowout fashion, how do you think the rest of this series will play out? Just curious to know what other people think.

EDIT: I say the Nucks come out with a much better effort in Game 6 but still lose, and with Game 7 on their home turf and the raucous crowd backing them up throughout the whole game, put together their best game of the series and finally finish off the Hawks in 7 games.

Last edited by SENSational Sens Fan: 04-22-2011 at 11:16 PM.
SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Hawks in 7.

I'm telling ya...

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:19 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

I think Van will take it. Canucks have so much talent and skill thoughout the line up, I have a hard believing the Hawks will win 4 in a row. Van just needs to cool down and get back to their game.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Aquiace
The Goggles!

If the Canucks actually show up in the first period, they'll probably win it in 6. If not, Hawks in 7.

Aquiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Corsi Close

This coming back after being down 3-0, is pretty uncommon (1975 was the last time before last year). I would not be surprised if the Hawks forced a game seven, but think the Canucks finish it on Sunday.

Corsi Close is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:35 PM
YogiCanucks

Cat

Vancouver in 6.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Crozbar

What I really see is the Hawks taking one more, but the Canucks regrouping to win g7. But i picked Chicago at the outset, so I'm sticking with it. (I was kind of being troll-y, but also I just have a feeling ... I watched the Canucks phone it in against Edmonton their last two games. I just see them as flaky ... not least Louuuuu! It really is hard to argue against their total domination of reg.season stats though.)

Edit*: I'm not sure if that was actually Vancouver's "last two" games; they were quite close to the end of the season though.

Crozbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Nakawick

Surely the nucks can win one more game can't they? It would be the most epic choke of all time if they don't.

Nakawick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:43 PM
jordan7hm

Vancouver will win. I think in 6, but if not, in 7.

jordan7hm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:50 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
the odds of the Hawks coming back from 0-3 are so huge, that i cant believe it would happen.. esp after we just saw this happen last yr with Bos/Phi.

Vancouver in 7.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:00 AM
loLZokAY
str8 gonger

Chicago gets the first goal and they win any game against Vancouver. Vancouver just starts going down hill once they lose focus, Chicago got the best of them by taking early goals in the last two games. They continue to do this and you'll see the end of Vancouver. Worst case scenario, atleast we calmed down the outrageous amount of Vancouver fans because of these past two upsets

loLZokAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think the Nucks finish it in Chicago in game 6. In all reality, this break plays into their favor a bit. However, I think if the Hawks can win game 6 in Chicago... then they complete the comeback in game 7.

Hawks dug themselves a hole that is almost impossible to climb out of. I'm proud of them for making this a series and I'm glad that the rookies (especially Crawford) are getting valuable experience from this. It'll be a lesson learned for next season and ensuing playoffs.

Also, I think after those two collapses from Vancouver... I think it wised the league up that they're a very beatable team and I cannot see them going much beyond the 2nd round. Vancouver looked flat-out dominant in the first game... but they're just a mentally fragile team and have proven it repeatedly.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:03 AM
CrackerJibbs

Before the series I predicted Chicago in 7, but I really think a 3-0 deficit is going to be just a bit too much for them to overcome. I think the Canucks close it out in Chicago on Sunday, but (as much as I loathe them) I have to admit that the Hawks have shown a ton of character in coming back the way they have.

CrackerJibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:08 AM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 0
I have a feeling the Hawks are going to complete the comeback and win the series 4-3. They just have so much momentum right now, while it looks like the Canucks have none.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:12 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
Chicago in seven.

Vancouver lost thier on ice leader, Malhotra, to a grisly injury. That was the end of thier season, Chicago is just exploiting the weakness.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:34 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

One thing to remember: It's no longer coming back from 3-0. It's now getting 2 more wins. Part of the difficulty of coming back from 3-0 is getting the first win. Then the second win, etc... They're 50% of the way there (I know this seems like 'duh' stuff, but the odds are no stacked against them, I'm sure a significant % of teams have come back from 3-2).

That said, I think Vancouver will probably end up winning it when it's all said and done.

One interesting thing, though: I think most people can agree that while the Nucks played very well in the first 2 games, the Blackhawks were also getting the short end of the stick on some bounces and posts. Variance could be re-adjusting the series.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Cullksinikers

Chicago will take this.

I'm not trying to be a homer, but Crawford has been playing extremely well all series. The same can't be said for Luongo. Since Bolland has returned, Vancouver's top line has been MIA. Heck, their whole team has been MIA the last couple games. One game is in Chicago, that favors the Blackhawks. A potential Game 7 would be in Vancouver, which would mean the Canucks would have all the pressure in the world at home. The Canucks crack under pressure.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Vancouver in 7

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
One thing to remember: It's no longer coming back from 3-0. It's now getting 2 more wins. Part of the difficulty of coming back from 3-0 is getting the first win. Then the second win, etc... They're 50% of the way there (I know this seems like 'duh' stuff, but the odds are no stacked against them, I'm sure a significant % of teams have come back from 3-2).

That said, I think Vancouver will probably end up winning it when it's all said and done.

One interesting thing, though: I think most people can agree that while the Nucks played very well in the first 2 games, the Blackhawks were also getting the short end of the stick on some bounces and posts. Variance could be re-adjusting the series.
I agree with everything. I think outside of Game 1, the Hawks were in it through the rest. To say a few bounces and posts made the difference is a little haunting... but it's part of the game. Regardless of the outcome (hoping for a Hawks miracle), this post-season shows what this team is made of once playoffs come around. We're gaining valuable experience and we'll come back stronger next year.

Old
04-23-2011, 12:44 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmcgart View Post
I agree with everything. I think outside of Game 1, the Hawks were in it through the rest. To say a few bounces and posts made the difference is a little haunting... but it's part of the game. Regardless of the outcome (hoping for a Hawks miracle), this post-season shows what this team is made of once playoffs come around. We're gaining valuable experience and we'll come back stronger next year.
I think it's a real possibility that the Hawks would be up 3-2 right now if Bolland had come back a game earlier. Not just because of the kind of player he is, but Coach Q clearly needed another legit center to have the kind of depth he wanted. Hawks have been much better with their lines and in the match up department since he came back.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:45 AM
CapsWolverinesUSA

What's interesting about what's happening here is that Vancouver isn't just losing. They're getting crushed. You look at some of the recent 1 v. 8 upset series -- Washington vs. Montreal, Detroit vs. Edmonton, and you see all 1-goal games (including OT games), or 2-goal games involving empty netters. Low-scoring games where a hot goalie and timely goal scoring proves the difference. The sort of game that you expect when you hear about an upset.

I wonder when is the last time a 1 seed lost two games by 5 goals in the 1st round of the playoffs. It can't have happened many times, if ever.

EDIT: Just checked and they lost only 1 game by 5 goals all year long. Against Chicago.

Last edited by CapsWolverinesUSA: 04-23-2011 at 12:58 AM.
CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:53 AM
GDU

whoever wins game 6 wins the series...

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:53 AM
canucksfan

If the series was tied I believe the Hawks would take the series. I can't see the Canucks losing both of their remaining games.

canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I think it's a real possibility that the Hawks would be up 3-2 right now if Bolland had come back a game earlier. Not just because of the kind of player he is, but Coach Q clearly needed another legit center to have the kind of depth he wanted. Hawks have been much better with their lines and in the match up department since he came back.
I would probably agree, although there's no certainty. Bolland wanted to come back for this series badly and it shows. His presence alone has sparked this team. Unfortunately, we'll never know what could've happened.

I'm not sure if the damage has already been done to the point where there's no coming back... but I'm glad Chicago is making this series as painful as possible for the Canucks en route to their Cup push. I can live with this series if it ends tomorrow, knowing that they exposed them again for a 3rd year. I'm hoping for a little something better though.

Old
04-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Hans Moleman
Was saying Boortuzzi

canuck fans are now wishin the stars had won their last game.

Hans Moleman is offline   Reply With Quote