HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 Hershey Bears (AHL)/South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL) Thread

Old
09-02-2010, 08:33 AM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
2010-2011 Hershey Bears (AHL)/South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL) Thread

Hershey Bears 2008-09 & 2009-10 Calder Cup Champions

2010-11 Season

Head Coach: Mark French, Asst. Coach: Troy Mann

Hershey Bears Website

Hershey Bears Schedule

Also, preseason game information: Link

Hershey Training Camp: Players report on 9/27 and first on-ice workouts on 9/28

Coverage

Game Coverage:

Audio
- BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1460 AM, 97.3.2 HD)
- new internet streaming partner, WHP-580; www.WHP580.com listen live link
- Also on your smartphone by using the application "iHeart Radio" John Walton

Video
- AHLlive ($)

Media Coverage:

- Tim Leone at the Patriot News and Leone's Twitter

- Dan Sernoffsky at the Lebanon Daily News

- Official Hershey Bears YouTube site

- More twitter accounts: John Walton; Hershey Bears; The AHL; Patrick Williams AHL writer

Players on Hershey/AHL or AHL/ECHL contracts (13 announced)

Jared DeMichiel, G
Todd Ford, G

Boyd Kane, F (AHL vet)
Nikita Kashirsky, F
Grant McNeill, F(/D)
Jordan Pietrus, F
Joel Rechlicz, F
Ashton Rome, F

Patrick Cullity, D
Johan Kroll, D
Lawrence Nycholat, D (AHL vet)
Patrick Wellar, D
Dylan Yeo, D

South Carolina Stingrays (2008-09 Kelly Cup Champions)

2010-11 Season

Head Coach: Cail MacLean, Asst. Coach: Spencer Carbery

Stingrays Website

Link to 2010-11 Stingrays Schedule

Coverage

- Charleston Post and Courier Stingrays articles, usually by beat writer Andrew Miller and Andrew Miller's blog

- Official South Carolina Stingrays YouTube

- SC Stingrays twitter

2010-2011 SC Stingrays ECHL Contracts (13 announced)

Trent Campbell, F
David de Kastrozza, F
Dan Eves, W
Tommy Goebel
Maxime Lacroix, F
Pierre-Luc O'Brien, F
Rob Ricci, F
Matt Scherer, F

Jeff Caister, D
Grant Farrell, D
Zach Jones, D
Derek Keller, D
Nate Kiser, D

Other HFBoards Information

(Last season's threads one & two.)

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 10-12-2010 at 08:04 PM.
sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 08:52 AM
sk84fun_dc

2010-2011 Hershey Bears - Players Likely Available to Hershey as of To Date Signings by Washington and Hershey:

Goalies (4)

Returning Player(s): Holtby

New Signings: Sabourin plus depth with Ford and DeMichiel

Expected to be with Capitals: Neuvirth

No longer in organization: Bacashihua (Colorado)

Defensemen (11)

Returning Players: Collins, Finley, Godfrey, Kroll, P. McNeill, Miskovic, Wellar, Yeo

New Signings: Fahey, Nycholat, Stevenson

Expected to be with Capitals: Alzner, Carlson

No longer in organization: Amadio (Grand Rapids), Helmer
(plus Lewis and others)

Forwards (18)

Returning Players: Aucoin, Beagle, Bouchard, Bruess, A Gordon, Hauswirth, Joudrey, Kane, G. McNeill, Perreault, Pinizzotto, Rome

New Signings: Greentree, Kashirsky, Kugryshev, Rechlicz, Willsie, plus Gustafsson (not really a new signing but not really a returning player either for these purposes)

RFA playing in KHL: Bourque

No longer in organization: Giroux (Edmonton), Wilson (Columbus)

(some others like Eakin (not eligible to play in AHL) and Ferguson (didn't play many games)…are in different categories, IMO, so didn't list in detail)

Hershey AHL vets per the AHL veteran player rule (5 allowed to dress per game, rule doesn't apply to goalies):

Aucoin, Fahey, Kane, Nycholat, Willsie (plus Bourque is an AHL vet if he returns)

Some notes about above lists:

Some players from this list will be assigned to SC (ECHL) during or after camp and some didn't play any AHL games last season (for example, Hauswirth played the entire season in the ECHL.)

No longer in organization or Expected to be with Caps. I am not listing every player that wore a Hershey jersey last season. I did list players who played in the playoffs and/or finished the season with Hershey spending a decent amount of time on the roster. Also, a non-contract player who played with Hershey and now is under contract with Hershey counts as a returning player for these purposes (see Rome and Kroll for examples.)

Of note, while most fans have certain players penciled in for the Caps NHL roster, it’s possible they could see playing time with Hershey depending on performance, injuries, trades, etc., especially those still waiver exempt.

At this point, it’s possible one of AGordon, Beagle, Perreault or Pinizzotto (if he could make the transition to 2 refs and continue to improve his decision making) could start the season in the NHL. It’s possible none of them and possible more than 1 depending on other moves by the Caps, plus the issue of how Johansson does in camp and whether he stays or goes back to Sweden this season.

This list does not include 2 goalies, 7 dmen and 12 forwards under Washington contract projected at this time to be in the NHL, or Johansson projected for NHL or Sweden unless something changes (he is eligible to play in the AHL if all the parties agree on that move.) Obviously, trades and demotions are possible even among the players currently projected to be on the NHL roster both before and during camp, as well as during the season.

(hopefully I didn’t forget to list someone)

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 09-02-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old
09-02-2010, 11:25 AM
LetsGoBears

Oh boy getting close! Sent in my 22 games last night. (Damn ****** job market! )

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 08:24 AM
DrPP

vCash: 504
This has been bothering me for a while. What happened to Michael Dubuc?

DrPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2010, 09:01 AM
sk84fun_dc

Andrew Gordon blog entries at RMNB blog Link to Part I and Link to Part II

Masisak on Kugryshev link

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPP View Post
This has been bothering me for a while. What happened to Michael Dubuc?
Simple, he's a free agent. IIRC, he signed a two-year contract with Hershey that covered 2008-09 and 2009-10.

I haven't seen any news as to Dubuc signing anywhere so my guess is if he is signed for this coming season it may be to an ECHL contract as the ECHL teams often wait longer to announce contracts, especially if the player requires a work visa.

Old
09-09-2010, 12:11 PM
LetsGoBears

Finally broke down and went with the full season. Killer discount for the full season compared to the half season+2 deal.

Old
09-11-2010, 11:18 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
2010-2011 Hershey Bears - Players Likely Available to Hershey as of To Date Signings by Washington and Hershey:

Goalies (4)

Returning Player(s): Holtby

New Signings: Sabourin plus depth with Ford and DeMichiel

Expected to be with Capitals: Neuvirth

No longer in organization: Bacashihua (Colorado)

Defensemen (11)

Returning Players: Collins, Finley, Godfrey, Kroll, P. McNeill, Miskovic, Wellar, Yeo

New Signings: Fahey, Nycholat, Stevenson

Expected to be with Capitals: Alzner, Carlson

No longer in organization: Amadio (Grand Rapids), Helmer
(plus Lewis and others)

Forwards (18)

Returning Players: Aucoin, Beagle, Bouchard, Bruess, A Gordon, Hauswirth, Joudrey, Kane, G. McNeill, Perreault, Pinizzotto, Rome

New Signings: Greentree, Kashirsky, Kugryshev, Rechlicz, Willsie, plus Gustafsson (not really a new signing but not really a returning player either for these purposes)

RFA playing in KHL: Bourque

No longer in organization: Giroux (Edmonton), Wilson (Columbus)

(some others like Eakin (not eligible to play in AHL) and Ferguson (didn't play many games)…are in different categories, IMO, so didn't list in detail)

Hershey AHL vets per the AHL veteran player rule (5 allowed to dress per game, rule doesn't apply to goalies):

Aucoin, Fahey, Kane, Nycholat, Willsie (plus Bourque is an AHL vet if he returns)

Some notes about above lists:

Some players from this list will be assigned to SC (ECHL) during or after camp and some didn't play any AHL games last season (for example, Hauswirth played the entire season in the ECHL.)

No longer in organization or Expected to be with Caps. I am not listing every player that wore a Hershey jersey last season. I did list players who played in the playoffs and/or finished the season with Hershey spending a decent amount of time on the roster. Also, a non-contract player who played with Hershey and now is under contract with Hershey counts as a returning player for these purposes (see Rome and Kroll for examples.)

Of note, while most fans have certain players penciled in for the Caps NHL roster, it’s possible they could see playing time with Hershey depending on performance, injuries, trades, etc., especially those still waiver exempt.

At this point, it’s possible one of AGordon, Beagle, Perreault or Pinizzotto (if he could make the transition to 2 refs and continue to improve his decision making) could start the season in the NHL. It’s possible none of them and possible more than 1 depending on other moves by the Caps, plus the issue of how Johansson does in camp and whether he stays or goes back to Sweden this season.

This list does not include 2 goalies, 7 dmen and 12 forwards under Washington contract projected at this time to be in the NHL, or Johansson projected for NHL or Sweden unless something changes (he is eligible to play in the AHL if all the parties agree on that move.) Obviously, trades and demotions are possible even among the players currently projected to be on the NHL roster both before and during camp, as well as during the season.

(hopefully I didn’t forget to list someone)
IMPO you can scratch Perreult off that list....he will be with the Caps.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2010, 07:06 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
IMPO you can scratch Perreult off that list....he will be with the Caps.
And that's one opinion...see my note: "At this point, it’s possible one of AGordon, Beagle, Perreault or Pinizzotto (if he could make the transition to 2 refs and continue to improve his decision making) could start the season in the NHL. It’s possible none of them and possible more than 1 depending on other moves by the Caps, plus the issue of how Johansson does in camp and whether he stays or goes back to Sweden this season."

A request to please not copy and paste an entire post like that to reply to one point...takes up too much space on computer and/or on phone. Thanks

Old
09-13-2010, 09:03 AM
sk84fun_dc

Stingrays continue to announce signings... the return of forward Pierre-Luc O'Brien link

Old
09-14-2010, 11:44 AM
LetsGoBears

I couldn't find a picture of the jersey on the net just yet, but the 3rds in NHL11 are going to be worn in the first two games and then be the Sunday jerseys after according to Walton on TOBHS (9-13-10). He also made mention that Springfield is bring back the Indians for a 3rd and Syracuse is going to be rocking one of the many older teams. Forget which one off the top of my head.

Old
09-16-2010, 06:49 PM
sk84fun_dc

Tim Leone tweets: "Caps-Bears working on an affiliation extension. Not finalized yet. GMGM: 'We’ll be working together for a long time.'"

Hershey tickets: For anyone interested in the AHL ASG or Hershey regular season game tickets...tickets go on sale to the public on Friday at 10am

SC trade: Dan Eves, winger, from Trenton for future considerations

Old
09-16-2010, 07:18 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Really glad about the continued affiliation with Hershey. Been great for both organizations.

09-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Hampe
The Hampster

Go Rays! Can't wait for the season to begin.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2010, 09:36 AM
sk84fun_dc

An article about an invite to Hershey's camp (source: Leone's twitter): "For the second September in a row, Lincoln Kaleigh Schrock is back at Neumann College in Glen Mills, Pa., and it’s not for homecoming. The Fort Wayne native is doing extra training with his former college hockey team, hoping to again push his dream a little further. Last year, Schrock was preparing for his chance to make the Fort Wayne Komets, and this year he’s getting ready for training camp with the American Hockey League’s Hershey Bears starting Monday...."

link to article

Link to hockeydb profile for Schrock

Note, a former teammate of Leonhardt's at Neumann College.

Old
09-22-2010, 02:54 PM
sk84fun_dc

and Stingrays announce another forward, Tommy Goebel, under contract, seems an appropriate day for a signing of a former OSU player with the Caps in Columbus tonight

link

Old
09-27-2010, 02:13 PM
sk84fun_dc

Interesting to see Lacroix return to SC on an ECHL contract. I know he is on one of the AHL camp rosters as an invite, I'll have to look up which one. link

Old
09-27-2010, 02:16 PM
StingrayFan

Quote:
Interesting to see Lacroix return to SC on an ECHL contract. I know he is on one of the AHL camp rosters as an invite, I'll have to look up which one. link
He's in Rochester's camp along with two other Stingrays signings, Tommy Goebel and Jeff Caister.

StingrayFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 02:23 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayFan View Post
He's in Rochester's camp along with two other Stingrays signings, Tommy Goebel and Jeff Caister.
Thanks, I was just looking it up. And yeah, I knew about the other two getting a look in Rochester but I guess I forgot to post it here, oops.

As I asked you elsewhere, have you seen anything about any other SC players getting AHL training camp invites?

Old
09-27-2010, 02:30 PM
StingrayFan

Quote:

As I asked you elsewhere, have you seen anything about any other SC players getting AHL training camp invites?
Haven't seen a thing. I'm just looking through AHL training camp rosters when they come out to see if any players are on them. I just saw where Dubuc is on Worcester's training camp roster. No idea if he's signed here or anywhere else though.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Haven't seen a thing. I'm just looking through AHL training camp rosters when they come out to see if any players are on them. I just saw where Dubuc is on Worcester's training camp roster. No idea if he's signed here or anywhere else though.
I've been doing the same as the camp rosters are released although not everyone has their invites on the rosters I have seen. Haven't heard much about Dubuc this summer, thanks for the AHL camp invite info.

Old
09-30-2010, 03:53 AM
Gavlegirl

Re: Michael Dubuc

According to eliteprospect today: Player: Michael Dubuc (F) From: Hershey Bears To: Worcester Sharks Information: Try-out

Gavlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 04:23 PM
StingrayFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavlegirl View Post
According to eliteprospect today: Player: Michael Dubuc (F) From: Hershey Bears To: Worcester Sharks Information: Try-out
Didn't last long as Dubuc was cut today.

Old
10-01-2010, 01:57 PM
sk84fun_dc

Hershey plays the first game of Hershey's 3 in 3 preseason game schedule tonight. SC (ECHL) opens training camp on October 6.

At WBS. As of yesterday, Leone reported the following expected line-up:

Here is the expected lineup for the WBS game (barring any injury changes):

Lines:
G. McNeill-Gustafsson-de Kastrozza
Greentree-Willsie-Kugryshev
Pietrus-Kashirsky-Bruess
Schrock-Hauswirth-Rechlicz

D-pairs:
O’Neill-Miskovic
Stevenson-Cullity
Finley (game-day decision on groin)/Yeo (if Finley is scratched)-Godfrey

Goalies: Ford, DeMichiel (Ford to start; goalies expected to split the game)

Injuries:
Ashton Rome (groin)
Johann Kroll (back)

Others not expected to play tonight (no surprises in this group):
Aucoin; Bouchard; Collins; Holtby; Joudrey; Kane; Miskovic; Nycholat; Pinizzotto, Wellar

Old
10-01-2010, 04:29 PM
StingrayFan

Will the Bears be broadcasting the preseason games on the internet? I just looked on SportsJuice and it didn't have anything listed.

Old
10-01-2010, 04:34 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Will the Bears be broadcasting the preseason games on the internet? I just looked on SportsJuice and it didn't have anything listed.

per Walton's twitter: "Just a reminder, preseason games not online this weekend, but video and game recaps will be available at HersheyBears.com"