HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We had it and we lost it

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
And what did we do after that? In 2002 we pissed away the second round series against Carolina. In 2004 we got swept by the Lightning. In 2008 we got blown out by the Flyers.

I'm just so sick of the never-ending mediocrity of this franchise.
29 other teams to choose from buddy.

Old
04-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Thomas was great and a decisive factor....but the main boys missed terrible chances as well and they are a reason why we lost.

Old
04-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
This is how I feel, maybe I didn't explain it well enough.

Although I think Hammer reacted late because he wasn't sure where the puck was going, so by the time he went after Horton and Wiz returned (somewhat) to cover the second Bruin, it was too late for Hammer to regain good positioning.
You can't seriously be defending hammer after the ****fest of a game he had today.... seriously... this is ridiculous.

Old
04-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
You can't seriously be defending hammer after the ****fest of a game he had today.... seriously... this is ridiculous.
Natey has a way of defending the **** players....he did defend Patrice for years!

Old
04-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Yes, I seriously am. I also stated that he didn't play good. But he shouldn't be at fault for the winner.

Old
04-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Who had a good game as far as our d-men tonight?

Old
04-23-2011, 10:51 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I know **** for a coach when I see it.
Ya it's Martin's fault that AK can't consistently play as a top 6, or Pouliot is so terrible that he gets scratched (another supposed top 6) or that Patches goes down or that Gomez hasn't scored in 10000 games.

Seems you blame JM for everything without looking at the big picture. We call that a hater.

Old
LesHabsRock

Back to back heartbreaking losses inwhich we should've had at least one, if not both. I keep thinking of the empty net Cammy had to shoot at and deflected off the bruin leg. Orrrrr the two on one where Gionta didn't score. Very heartbreaking. Habs have to win 2 in a row now. I feared this after a 2-0 lead in the series. Kept thinking about that Rangers series in 96 and the carolina series a few years ago...both up 2-0 and lost 4 straight. Incredible how they couldn't win at least one of those games.

Old
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
We will win the game 7. We have to believe in our Habs. They play pretty well under pressure.
That's the one damned thing we learned from last year.

Old
04-23-2011, 10:52 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Wow a .559 winning percentage for his career in regular season and a WHOPPING .452 winning percentage in the playoffs...yes a WHOPPING .452! You read it here. Guy is the best coach ever!!!!

And in his NHL career here is his history....Lost in First Round, Lost in Second Round, Missed Playoffs, Lost in First Round,Lost in Second Round, Lost in First Round, Lost in First Round, Lost in First Round, Lost in Second Round, Lost in Conf. Finals, Lost in First Round, Missed Playoffs, Missed Playoffs, Missed Playoffs, Lost in Conf. Finals

I guess you don't see a pattern here eh?? Didn't think so.
He speaks flawless French though.

Old
04-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Gary320

lol.

Old
04-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
29 other teams to choose from buddy.
This. All you ****ing butthurt habbys... go root for another team. Bounces didn't go our way, the habs played great... and they are playing a great team. Conisdering the shortened benches and the injuries we have had to deal with all season (way more than boston might I add) we are proving we can play with the best.

Old
04-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I can tell you who had our worst...

Old
04-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Back to back heartbreaking losses inwhich we should've had at least one, if not both. I keep thinking of the empty net Cammy had to shoot at and deflected off the bruin leg. Orrrrr the two on one where Gionta didn't score. Very heartbreaking. Habs have to win 2 in a row now. I feared this after a 2-0 lead in the series. Kept thinking about that Rangers series in 96 and the carolina series a few years ago...both up 2-0 and lost 4 straight. Incredible how they couldn't win at least one of those games.
If Darche knew how to shoot he wouldnt have shot right in the chest of Thomas when he wasnt even looking at him ...

Old
04-23-2011, 10:55 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Okay and explain to me why a guy that is in the top 10 coaches ine WINS can ben mediocre ? is a well above average career. he also gone two time in conference finals and I don,t think that's the average in a NHL coach career. nor is winning the coach of the year award.
As I said on a previous post, if making the playoffs is a successful season for you, then feel proud of Martin.

Some of us Hab fans have experienced the joy of seeing Montreal winning Stanley Cups (more than just the last two).

A coach who cannot win the Cup is a mediocre coach. Period. I am fed up with the joy some people have in saying "At least we made it to the playoffs and did not get swept by the Bruins." That is bull **** and accepting mediocrity.

You can and I am OK with that. I wont.

Old
04-23-2011, 10:56 PM
TwinTurbo

im pretty confident we can send this one to game 7 but the thing that pisses me off is the team could of been resting by now waiting for the next opponent. if you wanna make a cup run you cant afford to play 7 games in every series like last year. thats why im gonna predict washington-detroit final.

Old
04-23-2011, 10:57 PM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It's a sports forum, we don't usually attract the MENSA crowd.
It's the Habs, the largest fanbase on HF.
It's the playoffs, always passionate.
It's against the Bruins, the most heated rivalry this season.
It's a pivotal game 5 2OT loss, people are going to blame someone, somewhere.

The team was wildly boring and inefficient and Roman Hamrlik had a terrible game. Every single person except natey2k4, is correctly placing fault on Roman 'the Thrill' Hamrlik. Are we not allowed? After 4 hours of trash hockey?

Subban was bad the first period, Gill was at fault for the first goal, etc. The game ENDED because Roman thought it was a practice scrimmage and refused to clear the crease of the 6'2" powerforward in Price's face. He's to blame, and we're going to blame him.

Tomorrow we'll feel slightly better, but tonight, after losing the third straight game to the damn Bruins, Roman's getting and earful from the internet community. AND HE DESERVES IT.

Old
04-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
As I said on a previous post, if making the playoffs is a successful season for you, then feel proud of Martin.

Some of us Hab fans have experienced the joy of seeing Montreal winning Stanley Cups (more than just the last two).

A coach who cannot win the Cup is a mediocre coach. Period. I am fed up with the joy some people have in saying "At least we made it to the playoffs and did not get swept by the Bruins." That is bull **** and accepting mediocrity.

THIS! If not for Halak standing on his head last year we wouldn't have gone where we did. And at this point it could be another 1st round knockout for JM. Many people knew this when JM was hired and we are seeing this now. JM shows no emotion. It's like hes riding shotgun on the bench with Muller showing all the emotion. When you assistant is showing more emotion than you are, there is a problem.

Old
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
I can tell you who had our worst...
Hammer?

Old
nORRis8*

Kudos to Price tonite.

Old
Randomhero

Im going to lose sleep over this ****. I hope Cammalleri does too.

Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Subban leads the playoffs in icetime/game with 29:32.

Old
04-23-2011, 10:59 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Here we go again!

The whole "Have we forgotten that the Habs used to be a dynasty?" schitck.

Stop living in the 70s please.

And you questioning the mental toughness of this team is a joke.
And here we go again!

Another year that we have not won a Cup. Yeah baby. Go Habs Go.

I guess expecting to win a Cup in Montreal every 15 or 16 years is really too much to ask for.

Old
04-23-2011, 11:00 PM
googlymoogly

Gomez should switch back to number 91. Maybe it will bring him luck plus it will remind less of Koivu.

Old
04-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:

Gone are the days of repeat stanley cup champs and franchises... Get with the times... its called the cap era for a reason. All the good teams are close to even. We are showing we are one of those good teams. The glory days are done, they wont happen again for ANY team with the new rules and you know what? It makes things more interesting.

stop using the past as examples of greatness. Even Detroit loses in the playoffs more often than not.

Closed Thread