HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NJ and the Leafs

Old
04-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

vCash: 500
Awards:
There is no player on Toronto I would trade Zajac for.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:26 AM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
There is no player on New Jersey I would trade Clarke MacArthur for..... Hey fun game!

There is no player on New Jersey I would trade Tim Brent for....

There is no player on New Jersey I would trade Keith Aulie for....

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post
There is no player on New Jersey I would trade Clarke MacArthur for..... Hey fun game!

ROFL ! Theres our wisdom guy.

Good thing for all these guys because nobody wants them.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:

No one wants those players, sooo keep them.

Devils Trap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Devils say no.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
It makes no sense to trade Zajac in order to make space for Parise. First off, the space is already there without dumping our best centre. Second, Parise is good friends and good linemates with Zajac. Kovalchuk also plays well with him. Why would we get rid of a guy who has good chemistry with each of our two best wingers?

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:42 AM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan7545 View Post
No one wants those players, sooo keep them.
Seriously??!!?? Obviously there are players on NJ I would trade these guys for, and I'm sure that Toronto has the pieces to land Zajac if they were willing to overpay.

I thought the irony was pretty thick there.

Old
04-24-2011, 11:43 AM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
ROFL ! Theres our wisdom guy.

Good thing for all these guys because nobody wants them.

Old
04-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Seriously??!!?? Obviously there are players on NJ I would trade these guys for, and I'm sure that Toronto has the pieces to land Zajac if they were willing to overpay.

I thought the irony was pretty thick there.
Except I actually meant it. Zajac being traded would have as a prerequisite a superior centerman returning. There is no such center in the Toronto Maple Leafs organization.

Old
04-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
You got me with MacArthur and Aulie champ. You know, the top line winger and franchise dman prospect they are considered to be in Leafs proposals these days.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:

the point he's making is that there is no player on the Leafs who would make a bigger impact than Zajac. there are no Leafs players that are better centres than Zajac. the Leafs could easily put a package together that is worth Zajac (something stupid like Schenn, Kadri and 20 firsts or something), but the fact is there is no upgrade on Zajac on Toronto at this time, so there is no reason to trade him to the Leafs.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhark Attack View Post
the point he's making is that there is no player on the Leafs who would make a bigger impact than Zajac. there are no Leafs players that are better centres than Zajac. the Leafs could easily put a package together that is worth Zajac (something stupid like Schenn, Kadri and 20 firsts or something), but the fact is there is no upgrade on Zajac on Toronto at this time, so there is no reason to trade him to the Leafs.
Something that seems to be lost here is the fact that trades aren't made to maximize value. Trades are made to construct hockey teams. Trading Zajac to Toronto might let the Devils maximize value, but it would not help them construct their hockey team.

Old
04-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Zajac is the best center in the entire NHL! There I said it!

As far as players named Zajac are concerned.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:08 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
this is the bestest threading everer

NJ fans:....no no no we hate crazy Leafs fans and their crazy proposals because our players are just way way more valuable and there are no cap issues at all in Jersey... it doesn't matter that we have @9.2 in real space need to sign Travis, a goalie and two Dmen and will be up against it with no flex again ........Lou and Marty are still aboard and thats all you need to know

Leafs fans:....... here's some fairly decent players, one of everything you need that will cost you less than 4m a year, even though we know they're Leafs and have absolutley no chance of ever succeeding in the NHL cause you tell us so, we're still going to offer them. Glad all the other fans figured out that Kaberle wouldn't get us a 1st, oh wait 2 firsts and we didn't waste time there either.

that about cover it
No, its an awful offer where a team gets 3 decent players that they have little need for, who would fill small, easily fill-able roles while giving up far and away their best center. No Leaf player has been undervalued. Its clear they have some value, but enough to get Zajac? No. Stop making up false reasoning.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:33 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Well the signing figures are logical predictions, but I'll present you with a roster that most Devil fans agree is the most logical and cap compliant. Too lazy to organize by line combo so without further ado:

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.666m) / Patrik Elias ($6.000m) / Brian Rolston ($5.062m)
Travis Zajac ($3.887m) / Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m) / David Clarkson ($2.666m)
Dave Steckel ($1.100m) / Jacob Josefson ($0.900m) / Mattias Tedenby ($0.875m)
Nick Palmieri ($0.801m) / Rod Pelley ($0.550m) / Adam Henrique ($0.854m)
Zach Parise ($6.500m) / Vladimir Zharkov ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN
Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m) / Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m)
Colin White ($3.000m) / Alexander Urbom ($0.878m)
Mark Fayne ($0.542m) / Andy Greene ($1.200m)
Anssi Salmela ($0.700m) / Matthew Taormina ($0.690m)

GOALTENDERS
Martin Brodeur ($5.200m) / Johan Hedberg ($1.200m)

BUYOUTS: Jay Pandolfo ($0.833m) / Andrew Peters ($0.166m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,000,000; BONUSES: $837,500CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $0
no bonus cushion next year tbomk

certainly looking at capgeek which btw another Devils poster has poo-pooed as being inaccurate it looks as if they have @9m give or take even with the cap increase

they'll need to sign/re-sign some Dmen and find a goaltender to back Marty up and add a forward

thats 3m+ right there leaving very little wiggle room to sign Parise plus have roster flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
Zajac is the Devils #1 center, perhaps the best defensive forward they've had since Holik, signed to a cap friendly contract, has great chemistry with either of the team's star wingers, AND is BFFs with the Devils best forward who we're trying to re-sign this offseason.

If you think the Devils are going to trade that for a defensemen who gets less TOI than Travis does, a guy who put up 32 points and was a -29 this year, and a goalie prospect (albeit my favorite goalie prospect in the league), you're out of your mind.
perhaps you missed my apology, I did mean Parise, it's there take a look and you'll see........but thanks for the tanning it was entertaining

re-read the original post then think of it with one of these at the end of it...all making sense now

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenmetalhead View Post
Pretty much the only other guy I would consider switching would be Colborne, so it would be

Colborne
Aulie
Scrivens

But I'm assuming that wouldn't get it done either.

As a Leaf fan, i've gotta ask...after 6 years of no playoffs, what is your hurry to deal our young prospects now that we FINALLY have some?? Aulie is a great D-Man, and Colborne looks to be a better than average prospect. Please, i know as Leaf fans we are all bored right now, but stop trying to pedal what decent prospects we have to teams for players they clearly will not trade. That is all.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
You got me with MacArthur and Aulie champ. You know, the top line winger and franchise dman prospect they are considered to be in Leafs proposals these days.
Yeah what a dummy...i mean Zajac played 82 games and had 13G 31A for 44 points and Macarthur played 82 games had 21G 41A for 62 points, no way Macarthur is even close to the AMAZING Zajac!!!

Old
04-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenmetalhead View Post
To New Jersey:
Tyler Bozak
Carl Gunnarsson
Ben Scrivens

To Toronto:
Travis Zajac

Toronto trades two-way 3rd line C with high faceoff win%, a young PMD on the rise, and a decent goalie prospect that hasn't had under a .920 save % in years, for a guy who can be a top-6 scoring threat coming off a disappointing season. NJ also gains some cap relief from this deal even after Bozak and Gunnarsson are re-signed.

Bring it on!
There must be something in the water in Toronto. Typically, players you dont want aren't exactly coveted by other teams!!! And yes, I'm sure the NJD want to downgrade at center to attain those two stud prospects in in Gunnarsson and Scrivens

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Nocashstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
this is the bestest threading everer

NJ fans:....no no no we hate crazy Leafs fans and their crazy proposals because our players are just way way more valuable and there are no cap issues at all in Jersey... it doesn't matter that we have @9.2 in real space need to sign Travis, a goalie and two Dmen and will be up against it with no flex again ........Lou and Marty are still aboard and thats all you need to know

Leafs fans:....... here's some fairly decent players, one of everything you need that will cost you less than 4m a year, even though we know they're Leafs and have absolutley no chance of ever succeeding in the NHL cause you tell us so, we're still going to offer them. Glad all the other fans figured out that Kaberle wouldn't get us a 1st, oh wait 2 firsts and we didn't waste time there either.

that about cover it
This is the bestest posting everer

therealkoho:...I'm a homer Leafs fan who thinks I have any clue about the Devils cap. Even though Zajac is clearly your number one center, you should trade him to the Leafs for 3 decent players because I'm a Leafs fan and I like Zajac. He plays hockey madddd good. Don't forget, even though I know nothing about the Devils cap situation, you don't have enough cap space to sign Parise lolzzzzz. So you should agree with this proposalzzzz

Nocashstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:13 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
As a Leaf fan, i've gotta ask...after 6 years of no playoffs, what is your hurry to deal our young prospects now that we FINALLY have some?? Aulie is a great D-Man, and Colborne looks to be a better than average prospect. Please, i know as Leaf fans we are all bored right now, but stop trying to pedal what decent prospects we have to teams for players they clearly will not trade. That is all.
i think these "leaf fans" just survive on the negative attention they get from making these terrible proposals.

it doesn't make sense for the leafs to waste that much prospect IF NJ even accepts. he's worth more to NJ than teams are willing to spend.

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
There must be something in the water in Toronto. Typically, players you dont want aren't exactly coveted by other teams!!! And yes, I'm sure the NJD want to downgrade at center to attain those two stud prospects in in Gunnarsson and Scrivens
Still stinging over the Kaberle deal?? Just keep bashing the Leaf fans my friend....

Old
04-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Still stinging over the Kaberle deal?? Just keep bashing the Leaf fans my friend....
Why would I be stinging? I'd do the deal again today. Thats how the league works, contenders trade picks and prospects from non contenders to acquire top players that can help them.

This proposal is three crap players for one good player, you can't look around it.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Yeah what a dummy...i mean Zajac played 82 games and had 13G 31A for 44 points and Macarthur played 82 games had 21G 41A for 62 points, no way Macarthur is even close to the AMAZING Zajac!!!
Are you seriously suggesting that MacArthur has more value than Zajac? That's ridiculous.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Leaf fans:
Lou Lamoriello is no Darryl Sutter

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:48 PM
javier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Yeah because 13 goals and 44 points in 82 games is so irreplaceable.

javier is offline   Reply With Quote