HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is part of our solution so far?

Old
04-24-2011, 01:30 AM
Knightmare

vCash: 500
Who is part of our solution so far?

Looking at our system right now, who do you see as most likely being apart of our final product?

Howden-Bjugstad-?
Booth-Weiss-Dadonov
?-Santorelli-?
?-?-?

Gudbranson-Kulikov
Ellerby-Petrovic
Garrison-?

Markstrom
Cheverie

Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:54 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Howden-Bjugstad- Landeskog (Might need to switch up if its a center)
Booth-Weiss-Dadonov
Donskoi-Shore-McFarland
Wilson-Santorelli- Repik

Gudbranson-Kulikov
Ellerby-Petrovic
Garrison- Robak

Markstrom
Cheverie

Kind of hard guessing this, I think we should wait until after the draft because we will be adding some very good prospects.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:26 AM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Howden-Bjugstad- Landeskog (Might need to switch up if its a center)
Booth-Weiss-Dadonov
Donskoi-Shore-McFarland
Wilson-Santorelli- Repik

Gudbranson-Kulikov
Ellerby-Petrovic
Garrison- Robak

Markstrom
Cheverie

Kind of hard guessing this, I think we should wait until after the draft because we will be adding some very good prospects.
No way Repik is part of the team going forward... He was worse then Frolik and I won't no-part of Michal Repik's future going forward !

He should be dangled at the draft by Tallon... Ellerby may get traded too, Tallon wants his picks and Keaton could entice teams to give a 1rst rounder !

But the draft picks are clearly the future of this team, so yeah, we should wait for the draft to unfold.

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
No way Repik is part of the team going forward... He was worse then Frolik and I won't no-part of Michal Repik's future going forward !

He should be dangled at the draft by Tallon... Ellerby may get traded too, Tallon wants his picks and Keaton could entice teams to give a 1rst rounder !

But the draft picks are clearly the future of this team, so yeah, we should wait for the draft to unfold.
I agree about Repik. I am thinking as well that he will be packaged in the draft to get some offensive players

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:58 AM
jol

Define final solution. Unfortunately salary caps makes it impossible to keep same players in team year after year, after eveyr season your changes quite a lot.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 09:33 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Define final solution. Unfortunately salary caps makes it impossible to keep same players in team year after year, after eveyr season your changes quite a lot.

JOL
Good lord imagine what our team would look like if there was no salary cap in the nhl it would be made up 4 lines of rostislav oleszs. The teams total salary would be less 1,000,000. But thats ok as long as our rink is sponsored by lexus.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post

JOL
Yeah I was a bit intoxicated when I made this thread. Felt like a better idea at the time.

Old
04-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

the final solutions hahaha sounds like Nazi propaganda

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

As an outsider, I won't pretend to know who is part of the solution for you guys. That said, the Panthers are well stocked on the blueline and in net, as far as great prospects go. The only thing that's really missing from the prospect pool is a true high-end offensive talent, and that may come for you guys at this years draft.

Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck. I get the feeling that the talent that Tallon is stockpiling will turn out differently than the talent that has been stockpiled in the past. I think your prospect pool is awesome, and I hope you are all rewarded for sticking by this team through some hard times.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:42 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Flyer View Post
As an outsider, I won't pretend to know who is part of the solution for you guys. That said, the Panthers are well stocked on the blueline and in net, as far as great prospects go. The only thing that's really missing from the prospect pool is a true high-end offensive talent, and that may come for you guys at this years draft.

Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck. I get the feeling that the talent that Tallon is stockpiling will turn out differently than the talent that has been stockpiled in the past. I think your prospect pool is awesome, and I hope you are all rewarded for sticking by this team through some hard times.
wow a flyer fan with heart! thx for the kind words...

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:18 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:

So you want to trade a guy we drafted in the top 10 and spent 4 years developing for a draft pick? Ellerby had his bumps this year but when he an Kulilov are together he plays pretty well. Not to mention he actually hits people.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:22 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Quote:

I think Repik is defintely gone for sure, but I dont think Ellerby will be shipped out so soon. Im sure Tallon will take flyers on Ellerby, but unless he gets a nice return I cant see him going. I will be pretty pissed off if Tallon does ship out Ellerby though. He looks really smooth out there and played really well even with the bumps in the road but that is to be expected. Ellerby should definitely be a keeper. Tallon will bring in a few more picks though, so Im cant wait to see who he ships out.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:53 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:

Give him a chance, a little early to give up on him, eh? New coach, new system, fingers crossed some players that havent shined just might..

Last edited by adam graves: 04-25-2011 at 04:18 PM.
adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Panthers 20

Yeah, do you know what "Final Solution" means?

Panthers 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:04 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers 20 View Post
Winnipeg/Quebec City?

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers 20 View Post
Yes, I do know what it means. I'm jewish, and my grandfather is a holocaust survivor so don't get into this with me. It was a poor choice of words. That's obviously not what I meant. If anyone wants to edit the title, go for it. I don't know how to.

Old
04-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Panthers 20

Just sayin'.

Old
04-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
meh, give the guy a break, just not good wording, we all know what he meant to say.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Panthers 20

Hah, I'm not giving him a hard time.

Old
04-24-2011, 01:50 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Give him a chance, a little early to give up on him, eh? New coach, new system, fingers crossed some players that havent shined just might. Loved him with kulikov.
I didn't gave up on him... I like Ellerby and was one of his only supporter early in his development.

He is what he is, a pretty nice young shut-down defenseman with potential.

I just think Tallon will want another first-rounder, and if he wants a higher one, the only asset I can see him dangle is Keaton.

Loved him with Kulikov too, I think he will be much much better and stronger next year. Ellerby is a late-bloomer, we won't know what kind of player he is until another couple of years IMO

I'm more and more thinking about keeping Bergfors... He should be a nice complimentary player, better than Repik imo and he is Sweden. Having him along side Markstrom and Landeskog would do wonders for their developments imo. And Niclas can certainly be as good a player as a Repik or a Frolik...

But Bergfors, Repik, Ellerby and Matthias are really the only assets we have entering the draft. I know Dale said everyone is available, but I don't see him receiving the king's ransom he wants for a Booth or a Weiss... He'll have to be creative and successful on the trade front if he wants to improve this team !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:12 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:

I know, but I couldn't find anyone else. But you never know. I did this one in 2 minutes, but I'm hoping that he gets traded too.

Ellerby shouldn't be traded, he's just getting better and better.

Old
04-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Haj

I don't get all the Repik hate. I thought he played well.

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:14 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
He was a defensive liability and when he doesn't (and didn't) produce offensively, it makes him difficult to play for a coach. His offensive success in the A just hasn't translated unfortunately and I doubt he'll return unless the Panthers offer him a 1-way contract (unlikely).

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:20 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
He couldn't hit the net on a empty soccer goal..

and his defensive play is meeeh.. at best!

Old
04-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Haj

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
He couldn't hit the net on a empty soccer goal..

and his defensive play is meeeh.. at best!
I agree with you to a certain extent. His defensive play was subpar, but he did show a willingness to throw his body around even though he lacks size.

He didn't score a lot of goals, but he did generate many chances. I thought he showed good hockey sense offensively. He's played 55 games in the NHL the past three years...and not all at once. I think its too early to give up on him.

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote