HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

DD Knee Injury

Old
04-24-2011, 11:32 AM
BayouHab

vCash: 500
DD Knee Injury

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...-a-knee-injury

Predictable.

BayouHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:11 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Too bad. He was flying later in the game. I told my dad that he needed some ice-time with offensive minded players - he finally got some and he was all over.

People are going to say he's fragile for getting hurt - but on the other hand he's one of the few people one the team that will battle for pucks.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:46 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
That sucks he really stepped it up last night.

Hopefully Pouliot plays with some fire on Tuesday if DD can't go.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:50 PM
habtastic

Looks like it happened when he was crushed by that suicide double team set up by Gomez.

dammit to hell. I don't think anyone anywhere didn't think DD was the best Hab out there. Please come back Davey. Martin wrap your f'in lucky tie around his leg or something.

habtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:01 PM
TheBuriedHab

I'd rather see Weber in than pouliot.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:01 PM
BayouHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Too bad. He was flying later in the game. I told my dad that he needed some ice-time with offensive minded players - he finally got some and he was all over.

People are going to say he's fragile for getting hurt - but on the other hand he's one of the few people one the team that will battle for pucks.
Just wanna point out I am not one of those people. I said "predictable" because he was so good last night. Quite simply, we need him.

BayouHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:08 PM
habtastic

all we can do is speculate, but do you think two days off is gonna be enough to fix wiz and dd?

Old
04-24-2011, 01:15 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
all we can do is speculate, but do you think two days off is gonna be enough to fix wiz and dd?
No, but I expect Wiz will try to go anyways, and if DD is out Weber will draw in as a forward but also as insurance in case Wiz gets hurt again in game 6. Knee injury seems like a big deal. Especially if he couldn't go in ot after he got hurt.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Will we see DD in those cute tiny little crutches?

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Looks like it happened when he was crushed by that suicide double team set up by Gomez.

dammit to hell. I don't think anyone anywhere didn't think DD was the best Hab out there. Please come back Davey. Martin wrap your f'in lucky tie around his leg or something.
No kidding

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:05 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
No, but I expect Wiz will try to go anyways, and if DD is out Weber will draw in as a forward but also as insurance in case Wiz gets hurt again in game 6. Knee injury seems like a big deal. Especially if he couldn't go in ot after he got hurt.
on cbc they said desharnais wanted to get on the ice to test his knee in OT.. But the ref kicked him off immediately due to the poor ice. he may not of wanted to risk it since it was OT.

Old
04-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Megaforce

I'd like to see Pouliot (and Weber both) in there. Pouliot's got some reach and he can also beat up some Bruins when need be, something no other Hab can boast.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Native

tough loss if he's out. he looked great for the time that he had. did he have possession when he got hit?

if he's out, i'm just praying pouliot elevates. i think its his last chance to redeem himself. otherwise, he'll have a different address very soon.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 05:13 PM
MarkovsKnee

I thought DD played great when he was moved to the Gomez - Gionta line. JM has been looking for a power forward for that line all season - Moen then Patches then Darche but DD was excellent with them. It's a bit of a smurf line but they drove the Bruins D nuts.

DD hurt his knee when he tried to split the D. Hopefully, he can go next game. I like him a lot.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Belso

Sad...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 05:42 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
DD is a better winger than he is a center, he could use his smarts to win battles along the sideboards and not worry about battling bigger centers down low behind careys net...

i would love to see a DD eller darche line for game 6 if possible, if not then next season, by replacing darche with kostitsyn and hopfully finding another top 6 winger for pleks and cammy...

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:29 PM
habfaninvictoria

Too bad, typical of the past year though, we get a rookie going and he gets hurt.

Not giving up on the series at all, I think we outplayed them for large stretches of the past 3 games and we deserved to win at least one of them.

I like the future look of the team

MaxPac
Eller
Desharnais
PK

These guys have competed (Maxpac obviously not recently) down the stretch or since callup.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:34 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
DD is a better winger than he is a center, he could use his smarts to win battles along the sideboards and not worry about battling bigger centers down low behind careys net...

i would love to see a DD eller darche line for game 6 if possible, if not then next season, by replacing darche with kostitsyn and hopfully finding another top 6 winger for pleks and cammy...
He did look more dangerous as soon as he went on wing.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
I'd rather see Weber in than pouliot.
yeah, me too. At least Weber could play D if another gets hurt or is having a hard time.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:01 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
on cbc they said desharnais wanted to get on the ice to test his knee in OT.. But the ref kicked him off immediately due to the poor ice. he may not of wanted to risk it since it was OT.
is that a call refs can make? sounds kind of ludicrous when you consider franzen coming back looking like hell. Also, who told the ref that DD's knee was hurt. AFAIK the only one who can tell a player not to play after a possible concussion during a game is the medical staff (they do a 5 min evaluation then it's up to the team). hopefully this is just hush hush because nobody talks about injuries or their political affiliations in public during playoffs

Please DD, come back, pleeeeease. As for splitting the D, talk about a double team on the smallest guy and as I remember, it was a suicide pass. That is one thing I am really annoyed at Gomez for. Can't do that to your teammate. I saw it coming 3 second ahead.

Old
04-24-2011, 07:07 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
is that a call refs can make?
They made it so I guess its a call they can make. There was a bunch of excess water on the ice that didn't freeze and it took a while to spread out so the ice was playable.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:20 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
is that a call refs can make? sounds kind of ludicrous when you consider franzen coming back looking like hell. Also, who told the ref that DD's knee was hurt. AFAIK the only one who can tell a player not to play after a possible concussion during a game is the medical staff (they do a 5 min evaluation then it's up to the team). hopefully this is just hush hush because nobody talks about injuries or their political affiliations in public during playoffs

Please DD, come back, pleeeeease. As for splitting the D, talk about a double team on the smallest guy and as I remember, it was a suicide pass. That is one thing I am really annoyed at Gomez for. Can't do that to your teammate. I saw it coming 3 second ahead.
They didn't say he couldn't play. He wanted to test it at the start of OT to make sure he could go. The regs only allowed the starting line on tho so he was kicked off.

Old
04-24-2011, 08:43 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

No Pouliot. Weber.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Joe Cole

DD played his best game in a month, if not longer, last game.

Sucks that he is hurt, but the reality is that the habs will never be a contender with 3 small centers.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Sucks for DD cause I thought he was our best forward before his injury and I felt he was going to get us the winner or set it up. One thing we have learned since his call up is that he belongs in this league. Good for him and I hope he is good to go tomorrow night

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote