HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

DD Knee Injury

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2011, 11:32 AM
  #1
BayouHab
Registered User
 
BayouHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
DD Knee Injury

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...-a-knee-injury

Predictable.

BayouHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:11 PM
  #2
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,724
vCash: 500
Too bad. He was flying later in the game. I told my dad that he needed some ice-time with offensive minded players - he finally got some and he was all over.

People are going to say he's fragile for getting hurt - but on the other hand he's one of the few people one the team that will battle for pucks.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:46 PM
  #3
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,799
vCash: 2009
That sucks he really stepped it up last night.

Hopefully Pouliot plays with some fire on Tuesday if DD can't go.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:50 PM
  #4
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
Looks like it happened when he was crushed by that suicide double team set up by Gomez.

dammit to hell. I don't think anyone anywhere didn't think DD was the best Hab out there. Please come back Davey. Martin wrap your f'in lucky tie around his leg or something.

habtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:01 PM
  #5
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
I'd rather see Weber in than pouliot.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:01 PM
  #6
BayouHab
Registered User
 
BayouHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Too bad. He was flying later in the game. I told my dad that he needed some ice-time with offensive minded players - he finally got some and he was all over.

People are going to say he's fragile for getting hurt - but on the other hand he's one of the few people one the team that will battle for pucks.
Just wanna point out I am not one of those people. I said "predictable" because he was so good last night. Quite simply, we need him.

BayouHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:08 PM
  #7
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
all we can do is speculate, but do you think two days off is gonna be enough to fix wiz and dd?

habtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:15 PM
  #8
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
all we can do is speculate, but do you think two days off is gonna be enough to fix wiz and dd?
No, but I expect Wiz will try to go anyways, and if DD is out Weber will draw in as a forward but also as insurance in case Wiz gets hurt again in game 6. Knee injury seems like a big deal. Especially if he couldn't go in ot after he got hurt.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:16 PM
  #9
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,607
vCash: 1000
Will we see DD in those cute tiny little crutches?

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:46 PM
  #10
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Looks like it happened when he was crushed by that suicide double team set up by Gomez.

dammit to hell. I don't think anyone anywhere didn't think DD was the best Hab out there. Please come back Davey. Martin wrap your f'in lucky tie around his leg or something.
No kidding

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:05 PM
  #11
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
No, but I expect Wiz will try to go anyways, and if DD is out Weber will draw in as a forward but also as insurance in case Wiz gets hurt again in game 6. Knee injury seems like a big deal. Especially if he couldn't go in ot after he got hurt.
on cbc they said desharnais wanted to get on the ice to test his knee in OT.. But the ref kicked him off immediately due to the poor ice. he may not of wanted to risk it since it was OT.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:09 PM
  #12
Megaforce
Registered User
 
Megaforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Raymond NDG/Mtl
Country: Azerbaijan
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
I'd like to see Pouliot (and Weber both) in there. Pouliot's got some reach and he can also beat up some Bruins when need be, something no other Hab can boast.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:14 PM
  #13
Native
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
tough loss if he's out. he looked great for the time that he had. did he have possession when he got hit?

if he's out, i'm just praying pouliot elevates. i think its his last chance to redeem himself. otherwise, he'll have a different address very soon.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 05:13 PM
  #14
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
I thought DD played great when he was moved to the Gomez - Gionta line. JM has been looking for a power forward for that line all season - Moen then Patches then Darche but DD was excellent with them. It's a bit of a smurf line but they drove the Bruins D nuts.

DD hurt his knee when he tried to split the D. Hopefully, he can go next game. I like him a lot.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 05:37 PM
  #15
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Sad...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 05:42 PM
  #16
cap10bfl
Registered User
 
cap10bfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
DD is a better winger than he is a center, he could use his smarts to win battles along the sideboards and not worry about battling bigger centers down low behind careys net...

i would love to see a DD eller darche line for game 6 if possible, if not then next season, by replacing darche with kostitsyn and hopfully finding another top 6 winger for pleks and cammy...

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:29 PM
  #17
habfaninvictoria
Registered User
 
habfaninvictoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,651
vCash: 500
Too bad, typical of the past year though, we get a rookie going and he gets hurt.

Not giving up on the series at all, I think we outplayed them for large stretches of the past 3 games and we deserved to win at least one of them.

I like the future look of the team

MaxPac
Eller
Desharnais
PK

These guys have competed (Maxpac obviously not recently) down the stretch or since callup.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:34 PM
  #18
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
DD is a better winger than he is a center, he could use his smarts to win battles along the sideboards and not worry about battling bigger centers down low behind careys net...

i would love to see a DD eller darche line for game 6 if possible, if not then next season, by replacing darche with kostitsyn and hopfully finding another top 6 winger for pleks and cammy...
He did look more dangerous as soon as he went on wing.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:41 PM
  #19
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
I'd rather see Weber in than pouliot.
yeah, me too. At least Weber could play D if another gets hurt or is having a hard time.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:01 PM
  #20
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
on cbc they said desharnais wanted to get on the ice to test his knee in OT.. But the ref kicked him off immediately due to the poor ice. he may not of wanted to risk it since it was OT.
is that a call refs can make? sounds kind of ludicrous when you consider franzen coming back looking like hell. Also, who told the ref that DD's knee was hurt. AFAIK the only one who can tell a player not to play after a possible concussion during a game is the medical staff (they do a 5 min evaluation then it's up to the team). hopefully this is just hush hush because nobody talks about injuries or their political affiliations in public during playoffs

Please DD, come back, pleeeeease. As for splitting the D, talk about a double team on the smallest guy and as I remember, it was a suicide pass. That is one thing I am really annoyed at Gomez for. Can't do that to your teammate. I saw it coming 3 second ahead.

habtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:07 PM
  #21
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,332
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
is that a call refs can make?
They made it so I guess its a call they can make. There was a bunch of excess water on the ice that didn't freeze and it took a while to spread out so the ice was playable.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:20 PM
  #22
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
is that a call refs can make? sounds kind of ludicrous when you consider franzen coming back looking like hell. Also, who told the ref that DD's knee was hurt. AFAIK the only one who can tell a player not to play after a possible concussion during a game is the medical staff (they do a 5 min evaluation then it's up to the team). hopefully this is just hush hush because nobody talks about injuries or their political affiliations in public during playoffs

Please DD, come back, pleeeeease. As for splitting the D, talk about a double team on the smallest guy and as I remember, it was a suicide pass. That is one thing I am really annoyed at Gomez for. Can't do that to your teammate. I saw it coming 3 second ahead.
They didn't say he couldn't play. He wanted to test it at the start of OT to make sure he could go. The regs only allowed the starting line on tho so he was kicked off.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:43 PM
  #23
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,261
vCash: 500
No Pouliot. Weber.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:51 AM
  #24
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
DD played his best game in a month, if not longer, last game.

Sucks that he is hurt, but the reality is that the habs will never be a contender with 3 small centers.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:58 AM
  #25
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,912
vCash: 500
Sucks for DD cause I thought he was our best forward before his injury and I felt he was going to get us the winner or set it up. One thing we have learned since his call up is that he belongs in this league. Good for him and I hope he is good to go tomorrow night

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.