HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

******* Mike Richards

Old
04-24-2011, 06:31 PM
AdsSabresRule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
Hasn't taken a big hit but hes been beaten and battered all series long by Tyler and I like it alot.
Agree. Myers has been working him over. And, I did like Myers clipping Pronger across the chops gloved today after the whistle. I don't think CP was expecting it as he was shaking his glove like he was going to drop with Myers over it...CP = non - factor. I have faith we'll win GM 7.

Last edited by AdsSabresRule: 04-24-2011 at 06:31 PM. Reason: misspelling
AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Has Briere taken a big hit all series? I can't think of any.
He's one of those, impossible to hit players. He doesnt leave himself vulnerable. I'm trying to think of another guy like that? Maybe Ovechkin? He has taken a couple hits even... But given how much he has the puck, I still think he doesn't take many hits.

Eitherway this is going to be an EPIC game 7.

Selanne00008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganie View Post
And they kept calling Vanek Stafford.
In between mixing Kaleta and Vanek up as well....

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
You'd think this team had learned something after that late season collapse at home against Nashville but nope....2 blown leads in last 2 games
Learn something like what? How to not give up goals against a better team? That's a complicated lesson.

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D View Post
Great Video... say who won that one
The dirty player won that one.

Perhaps the Sabres ought to think about being more unprofessional toward Briere. He's not gotten nearly enough extra attention.

K McDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9 View Post
He's offensively handicapped and it's frustrating to watch at times. For me, that's all it is.
I have nothing but love for Goose, but this is exactly how I feel when he tries to handle the puck.

K McDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Ruman Ndur

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
If Philly had good goaltending they would have already won this series. They are the far better team and dominate large stretchs of play because of it.

Plus we've lost key players like Sekera, Hecht, Pommer and now Connolly. It makes the mountain even higher.
Good thing the goaltenders are members of the team too.

Ruman Ndur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:34 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Learn something like what? How to not give up goals against a better team? That's a complicated lesson.

Spot on

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
5 Minute Major

G: There is still a game 7 to win this and we are getting Derek Roy back.

B: Richards is a punk.

U: Next season what Richards face is going to look like the first time we meet the Flyers.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I just keep reminding myself that this is still Quinn's team. I'm proud of what they're doing and like the fight in them to take this to seven games, but honestly I think I'm more intrigued at what happens with them from this point forward with Pegula more than what's going to happen in these playoffs.
Once it's all said and done and over - absolutely. And that's a fair take on it.

But to have them right there, in our building, with a couple of 2 goal leads... GAAAAA@!!!!!

The fact that it was Briere who lit us up twice, and again was left alone right in front of the net, is not helping my blood pressure. Not at all.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:35 PM
In the Buff

Colin Campbell has spoken.

In the Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
I've seen a lot of shots at Goose and I think some posters need to keep some perspective.

Goose is a 3rd/4th line center being forced to play 1st line minutes (he is averaging over 19min a night) in this series. In many cases he is out against Briere's line.

I'm not exactly sure why posters are getting so mad at him or what exactly they are expecting from him. They rip him and say he is a 4th liner. Then get mad that he isn't dominating playing in 1st line minutes. Its bizarre since by their own attacks he should be playing far worse than he is.
Well said and right on the money, josh - I think I'd even go as far as to say that if not for the play of Gaustad and Miller, this series wouldn't be 3-3 and the Sabres would already be out. Gaustad has definitely responded to the challenge by elevating his play when it matters most - I've had no problems with his effort, compete level and intensity. He's single-handedly carried the PK on his back and has worked great with Gerbe. His finishing ability and offensive skills were never anything special so the fact he flubbed a couple of chances today is hardly a surprise or warranted IMO.

Old
04-24-2011, 06:36 PM
bauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbertovanek View Post
Sorry, but this is ridiculous. You wanna blame a guy for being injured on a dirty play by an opposing player? You really think Connolly is not gonna protect himself as much as he can? I cannot take you seriously.
sorry but the Buffalo fanbase is totally overreacting over this. Kerry Fraser was on TSN and said the hit was not suspendible. that Connolly didn't even try to protect himself, and like it or not, a player MUST take responsibility for himself in those situations. he saw the hit coming and didn't do anything to put himself in a better position to take the hit. as Fraser said, he could've put his arm up on the boards to cushion the blow and didn't. Connolly has a history of being an idiot and putting himself in vulnerable positions. how many times this season alone has that happened to him? the guy just doesn't know how to take a hit. anyway, the Sabres will be better off without him. not like he's scoring goals or anything. Richards will NOT be suspended. people need to get over it and move on.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:37 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
I've seen a lot of shots at Goose and I think some posters need to keep some perspective.

Goose is a 3rd/4th line center being forced to play 1st line minutes (he is averaging over 19min a night) in this series. In many cases he is out against Briere's line.

I'm not exactly sure why posters are getting so mad at him or what exactly they are expecting from him. They rip him and say he is a 4th liner. Then get mad that he isn't dominating playing in 1st line minutes. Its bizarre since by their own attacks he should be playing far worse than he is.
He's being paid like a good checking line center and is being played like one. He's always referred to as one of the team's better defensive forwards. He's also been on the ice for Philly's three biggest goals in the past two games. Most of the hate on him comes from Ruff using him in offensive situations.

And nice to see you're in defend everybody mode, because if it was Vanek who was in that spot, you'd absolutely be naming names.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Buff View Post

Classic!

Old
04-24-2011, 06:38 PM
WoahBoy
Uhmmmmm....SECHS!

Byron I'm thinking should play in place of Ellis at this point...and when is Sekera supposed to be ready to come back?????

WoahBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:39 PM
5 Minute Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Well said and right on the money, josh - I think I'd even go as far as to say that if not for the play of Gaustad and Miller, this series wouldn't be 3-3 and the Sabres would already be out. Gaustad has definitely responded to the challenge by elevating his play when it matters most - I've had no problems with his effort, compete level and intensity. He's single-handedly carried the PK on his back and has worked great with Gerbe. His finishing ability and offensive skills were never anything special so the fact he flubbed a couple of chances today is hardly a surprise or warranted IMO.
I don't like hearing if it wasn't for this guy or that guy we'd be home already.

You know why?

The same can be said for the Flyers.

Without Briere, maybe the Flyers are sitting at home.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:39 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruman Ndur View Post
Good thing the goaltenders are members of the team too.
You don't say.

I'm countering the idea that we were sitting back after taking a lead. When in fact we were getting outplayed from the start of the game. Goaltending was the only reason the score was 3-1 after the first. It wasn;t due to us dominating play. So we didn;t actually let up leading to Philly tying the game.

Old
04-24-2011, 06:40 PM
WoahBoy
Uhmmmmm....SECHS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Buff View Post

This might just be the greatest thing ever created......and completely true.

Old
04-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
sorry but the Buffalo fanbase is totally overreacting over this. Kerry Fraser was on TSN and said the hit was not suspendible. that Connolly didn't even try to protect himself, and like it or not, a player MUST take responsibility for himself in those situations. he saw the hit coming and didn't do anything to put himself in a better position to take the hit. as Fraser said, he could've put his arm up on the boards to cushion the blow and didn't. Connolly has a history of being an idiot and putting himself in vulnerable positions. how many times this season alone has that happened to him? the guy just doesn't know how to take a hit. anyway, the Sabres will be better off without him. not like he's scoring goals or anything. Richards will NOT be suspended. people need to get over it and move on.
This season? Once and it was also a penalty. Richards gave him a scummy move by shoving him from behind in the numbers. I don't expect the league to do anything about it either.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoahBoy View Post
Byron I'm thinking should play in place of Ellis at this point...and when is Sekera supposed to be ready to come back?????
Rej isn't skating so the UBI there is probably also a concussion. I wouldn't expect him back any time soon.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:45 PM
joechip

Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
sorry but the Buffalo fanbase is totally overreacting over this. Kerry Fraser was on TSN and said the hit was not suspendible. that Connolly didn't even try to protect himself, and like it or not, a player MUST take responsibility for himself in those situations. he saw the hit coming and didn't do anything to put himself in a better position to take the hit. as Fraser said, he could've put his arm up on the boards to cushion the blow and didn't. Connolly has a history of being an idiot and putting himself in vulnerable positions. ow many times this season alone has that happened to him? the guy just doesn't know how to take a hit. anyway, the Sabres will be better off without him. not like he's scoring goals or anything. Richards will NOT be suspended. people need to get over it and move on.
Nothing Kerry Fraser says wrt to the Sabres can be taken seriously. Over that assmunch's 'career' the Sabres had a 30% win percentage in games reffed by him. This from a team with a 58% winning percentage over the same time span. That's a big outlier to me.

He was one of the very worst of all time. And we always knew we were in for a rough time when His Hairness was on the ice. Complete jackass.

Ta,

cool... assmunch made it through the filter!

joechip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
Personally, I can't take any more of this garbage. Do I believe? No. There is no excuse for blowing a lead-much less a 2-goal lead. What happened to the team that was dynamite at protecting leads?

Luckily for you, I won't have time to spend here on HF starting tomorrow...so you won't have to contend with me and my 'whining'.

If by some miracle Buffalo wins Tuesday, good luck going forward. I'm done.

Burgmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:46 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
He's being paid like a good checking line center and is being played like one. He's always referred to as one of the team's better defensive forwards. He's also been on the ice for Philly's three biggest goals in the past two games. Most of the hate on him comes from Ruff using him in offensive situations.

And nice to see you're in defend everybody mode, because if it was Vanek who was in that spot, you'd absolutely be naming names.
Actually it comes from ignorance.

He is being used WAY more than just as a checking line center. If you haven't noticed we have no offensive centers right now.

Btw Briere shredded the Hawks in the Cup Finals for 3g 9a 12pts in 7gms. Thats with everyone's checking center wet dream Bolland on him and the Norris trophy winner Keith out against him. I'l let you in on a secret, Briere is one of the best playoff performers in the NHL. But you're right Goose should be singlehandly stopping him even though Bolland/Keith couldn't. The absurdity grows.

When will posters get a clue that being a good checking line center doesn't mean you always shut down the top player on the other team.

Old
04-24-2011, 06:47 PM
WoahBoy
Uhmmmmm....SECHS!

If the league hasn't recognized by now the history of Richards' tendencies to be a very dirty player by this point I'd like to know who's blowing them.

It's not like this is a rare treat from him. He's a smooth operator. And of course he gets the star treatment because he puts up the points and wears a letter on his chest.