HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What are the chances Richards is suspended for Game 7?

Old
04-24-2011, 10:57 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
sabres boards make me lol.
I think the water in western NY is tainted with Draino

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:02 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 320
There is no chance of him being suspended. There is a 100% chance of the Sabres and their fans whining about him not getting suspended.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:02 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Listened to Ruff's postgame interview on NHL on the Fly about Richards and I felt like putting my fist through the screen. His face annoys the hell out of me and he was WHINING like a little b**tch!

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Listened to Ruff's postgame interview on NHL on the Fly about Richards and I felt like putting my fist through the screen. His face annoys the hell out of me and he was WHINING like a little b**tch!
If it looks looks like a dog and acts like a dog...

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:15 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

At first I thought so and I flipped out, but thinking back on now it was a bang bang play and he really shouldn't...I hope. I would be so pissed.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:36 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
It'd be hilarious if Richards actually wore his gold medal from the Olympics underneath his jersey, just to take it out when him and Miller are to shake hands.
LOL, do it Richie!!!!!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:48 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

My God the blind stupidity on the main board about the hit is off the charts. Didnt read alot of it but there is a alot of stupidity from Sabre and Habs fans.
I dont even want to get started on that thread. I cant deal with the stupid people.

Old
04-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
My God the blind stupidity on the main board about the hit is off the charts. Didnt read alot of it but there is a alot of stupidity from Sabre and Habs fans.
I dont even want to get started on that thread. I cant deal with the stupid people.
I dipped into the thread on the main board for a bit. Good times.

I mean, I get Sabres fans being upset about it and blowing it out of proportion. Their team is in the middle of a playoff series that's going 7 games, and they're losing a good player. I think they're all off their rocker over the hit, but they're being emotional. It's bound to happen, especially when your coach is well known to be a guy who plays things up in the media. It's easy to get riled up as a fan in that situation.

As for the Habs fans? They just seem to have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Flyers. They just seem to be obsessed with us for some reason. Personally, I think they just wish they had a team like ours, minus the shoddy goaltending, of course.

Pretty much all the fans of other teams are wondering the exact same thing as I am: What exactly is all the fuss over a minor boarding penalty that happens all the time? The penalty was called correctly on the ice, and that's that.

I can't believe there's any discussion whatsoever about that being a suspendable hit. It just blows my mind.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 12:12 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Flyer View Post
I dipped into the thread on the main board for a bit. Good times.

I mean, I get Sabres fans being upset about it and blowing it out of proportion. Their team is in the middle of a playoff series that's going 7 games, and they're losing a good player. I think they're all off their rocker over the hit, but they're being emotional. It's bound to happen, especially when your coach is well known to be a guy who plays things up in the media. It's easy to get riled up as a fan in that situation.

As for the Habs fans? They just seem to have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Flyers. They just seem to be obsessed with us for some reason. Personally, I think they just wish they had a team like ours, minus the shoddy goaltending, of course.

Pretty much all the fans of other teams are wondering the exact same thing as I am: What exactly is all the fuss over a minor boarding penalty that happens all the time? The penalty was called correctly on the ice, and that's that.

I can't believe there's any discussion whatsoever about that being a suspendable hit. It just blows my mind.
I understand they are upset, but some of them are off their rocker. it is unreal. If the roles were reversed I would be upset over losing a player on a hit, but I wouldnt be going over the top asking for suspensions and everything else. I realize its been a emotional series for both sides. I just think that a lot of people start typing stuff out before thinking about being someone rational.
Yeah i would agree about Habs fans. Of course we arent the only ones they seem obsessed with. They are a different breed no doubt. I think many of them would be happy if the NHL was a non checking league so their mighty mite forwards can run around free.

Old
04-25-2011, 12:59 AM
no1b4me

In Lindy's presser did he mention anything about Hulls foot in the crease?

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 01:23 AM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
How ironic, Lindy Ruff and Sabres fans whining about a hit.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
I understand they are upset, but some of them are off their rocker. it is unreal. If the roles were reversed I would be upset over losing a player on a hit, but I wouldnt be going over the top asking for suspensions and everything else. I realize its been a emotional series for both sides. I just think that a lot of people start typing stuff out before thinking about being someone rational.
Oh yea, I'm not defending the irrational calls for a suspension, but I can understand why they are emotional about it. Generally speaking, the Sabres fanbase is pretty knowledgeable and doesn't usually go overboard. I think Ruff has just got them all riled by trying to play it up in the media. He knows exactly what he's doing. Fortunately, it's not as easy to rile up the people who make the call on whether or not it's a suspendable hit.

Quote:
Yeah i would agree about Habs fans. Of course we arent the only ones they seem obsessed with. They are a different breed no doubt. I think many of them would be happy if the NHL was a non checking league so their mighty mite forwards can run around free.
Yea, I think Montreal fans have that "we're classier than you" attitude towards just about every other franchise in the NHL. I kinda look at them as the snobs of HF Boards, to be honest with you. It's pretty rare to have an intelligent and unbiased discussion with any of them.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 04:44 AM
FilthyPhlyer

2 minute boarding penalty, borderline major penalty, but after the BS major on Richards last game, I look at this as a make up call, so 2 minutes is fair.

Fans expect something after their team is wronged. And the Sabres were rewarded with a 5 on 3 for about a minute followed by a 5 on 4. They didn't capitalize, and wound up not capitalizing on the 3-2 series lead. Now they feel Richards should be suspended. It's completely irrational. Richards served the appropriate amount of time and that's the end of it. The NHL does not need to intervene on this one. If they do, this sport is going to turn too much into soccer (a sport I love btw) where every foul committed these days has to be a yellow card or a red card. Guess what, fouls/penalties happen, and there are rules installed to punish those who commit one. There's no need to overreact.

FilthyPhlyer is offline   Reply With Quote