Playoff discussion thread

Old
06-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Deke View Post
My fave moment yesterday (aside from Ference)
The little girl makes it awesome.

Anyways, time to work on my new avatar. Crying Kesler, with "u mad bro?" troll face on the kitties body.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:35 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

I'm so glad Vancouver lost. I was fully preparing myself for all the "U MAD" and "HATERS GONNA HATE" pics. Now, I can be the one to post 'em.

Feels good, man.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

So a Cannibal, two sisters, and a piece of swiss cheese enter a bar...

Old
06-16-2011, 07:04 PM
MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Serious question here, but what's with you guys? Out last night in Calgary took nothing but crap and after I left the guys I was hanging out with got jumped by a bunch of Flames fans for wearing a Canucks jersey, the other guy is actually a Flames fans. 6 guys beat them pretty bad, one guy just coming out of hospital this morning. Luckily someone took a pic of a license plate, so it ain't over. All over a jersey. Cowards.

Why? Because we have a chance to win the Cup? Pathetic. Obviously a few bad apples blah blah, but look at this thread! When the Flames were on their run, Vancouver was supportive, if anything, uninterested.

My question is, why is it so different in this scenario? Why are Flames/Oilers' fans so concerned with us losing, when in past years when you've had your shot we had better things to do? It seems very petty and sad from where I sit.
Serious question here, but what's with you Nucks fans? Last night the Canucks lose the Cup, and a bunch of Nucks fans rioted, trashed, and set parts of the city on fire! Cowards. Some people got beat pretty bad and around 100 people had to be rushed to the hospital and 150 arrests were made with more to come. Pathetic. Obviously there are few bad apples and not all Nucks fans are like that, blah, blah, blah. My question is, why is it such different scenerios? When the Flames lost the Cup in 04', we had class and no one rioted. It seems very sad from where I sit.

Wow, pretty easy to reverse the roles isn't it? I think its awful what happened in Vancouver last night, not just because of the rioting but because of the black eye that city is going to get. I have lots of family in Vancouver and I can honestly say that those actions do not represent all of the people in Vancouver and BC. There truly are some bad apples in every fan base and the rioters in Van last night can be chalked up to a bunch of druken idiots. I hope that the Vancouver police hold the people for the riots last night accountable, because no hockey fan of any team needs that stigma attached to them.

Our comments in here were towards the Canucks are not out of poor sportsmanship, but rather in direct regards to our biggest rival. When you sterotype and try to catergorize people you often look like an ass. Hopefully this teaches this young laddy a lesson.

Last edited by MVW: 06-16-2011 at 07:10 PM.
MVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:05 PM
BearChi

vCash: 500
Put this in one of the GDT(game 6)

BearChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:38 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Serious question here, but what's with you Nucks fans? Last night the Canucks lose the Cup, and a bunch of Nucks fans rioted, trashed, and set parts of the city on fire! Cowards. Some people got beat pretty bad and around 100 people had to be rushed to the hospital and 150 arrests were made with more to come. Pathetic. Obviously there are few bad apples and not all Nucks fans are like that, blah, blah, blah. My question is, why is it such different scenerios? When the Flames lost the Cup in 04', we had class and no one rioted. It seems very sad from where I sit.

Well done, sir.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:

Wow, pretty easy to reverse the roles isn't it? I think its awful what happened in Vancouver last night, not just because of the rioting but because of the black eye that city is going to get. I have lots of family in Vancouver and I can honestly say that those actions do not represent all of the people in Vancouver and BC. There truly are some bad apples in every fan base and the rioters in Van last night can be chalked up to a bunch of druken idiots. I hope that the Vancouver police hold the people for the riots last night accountable, because no hockey fan of any team needs that stigma attached to them.

Our comments in here were towards the Canucks are not out of poor sportsmanship, but rather in direct regards to our biggest rival. When you sterotype and try to catergorize people you often look like an ass. Hopefully this teaches this young laddy a lesson.
I was actually going to do something similar earlier. What you did was better though.

Old
06-16-2011, 11:28 PM
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Deke View Post
My fave moment yesterday (aside from Ference)
In a pub surrounded by Canuck fans, the little girl's reaction was just that much funnier.

Also, MVW... brilliant haha.

DouglasQuaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:30 PM
MVW

Cheers guys!! I couldn't resist.

Old
06-16-2011, 11:49 PM
DBU
Bruinwagoner

Quote:

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:34 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
There truly are some bad apples in every fan base and the rioters in Van last night can be chalked up to a bunch of druken idiots.

I don't buy into the argument that this whole riot mess was just a few bad apples. This wasn't just a handful of people doing the damage here. There looked to be a few thousand and quite a few Canucks jerseys. While I'm sure it was started by these "bad apples", it didn't look to me like other Canucks fans held back from getting involved. And that's not even mentioning the idiots that stood around taking pictures on their phones. Way too many people involved to be considered just a few ruining it for everyone else, IMO. Although I do feel for those true die-hard Canucks fans who had nothing to do with this and are getting their name dragged through the mud.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:21 AM
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins

MVW makes you Nucks fans look even worse. Just stop while you are ahead.

King Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 03:04 PM
MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I don't buy into the argument that this whole riot mess was just a few bad apples. This wasn't just a handful of people doing the damage here. There looked to be a few thousand and quite a few Canucks jerseys. While I'm sure it was started by these "bad apples", it didn't look to me like other Canucks fans held back from getting involved. And that's not even mentioning the idiots that stood around taking pictures on their phones. Way too many people involved to be considered just a few ruining it for everyone else, IMO. Although I do feel for those true die-hard Canucks fans who had nothing to do with this and are getting their name dragged through the mud.
I hear what you are saying and I don't disagree with any of it, but I think you need to look at the circumstances of the situation. There were close to 100k people in the streets before the game even started. They were obviously some individuals (who I would call criminals) that instigated the events of the riot, these acts were premediated before these losers even went down there. Once these acts started, the bystanders were overcome by the MOB mentality. I think the majority of people that were down there can be classified into that group of "bystanders" that were had their cameras and phones shooting all the videos. If anything I blame these people for not being smart and getting the hell out there, which would of dissipated the events much quicker.

I just think the entire circumstances are extremely sad and unfortunate because it gives all of Canada not just Vancouver a black eye. Like I said I have quite a bit of family in that area, and they very upset and outraged at what happened. These are hardcore Canucks fans also, but they are among the many who were responible that night.

I am not defending any of events or the rioters in any way because their actions were dispicable. But I understand the mentality of the MOB and large crowds and how easily things can turn hostile. Regardless of my family, I still hate the Canuck fanbase with all that is holy. I just do not it is wise to sterotype all people into catergory.

Old
06-17-2011, 05:34 PM
GoFlames

I am glad we did not stay downtown too late. Wow the fans here are something else... players on nucks all mouth. Look at Lu as he mouthed off about Thomas and then proceeded to play like crap.

I think the turning point was when the nucks gooned Horton.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 06:08 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

I think so too. I'm so glad the Bruins won the Cup after all the crap they've been through. They lost Savard and Horton, and Bergeron was never the offensive player he was after that pylon Jones took him out.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
I think so too. I'm so glad the Bruins won the Cup after all the crap they've been through. They lost Savard and Horton, and Bergeron was never the offensive player he was after that pylon Jones took him out.
It sucked realizing Sturm wasn't a part of that team.