Backlund

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
I love you're avatar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Your avatar's pretty damn good, mind if I steal it? :p
I didn't make it, I got it from the Sharks board. They have bandwagon avatars for almost every team.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=899283

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 10:59 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
The Lightning have looked really good all post-season. Scary team right now, with the way they're playing.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
as much as I love this avatar, I don't like not seeing the cat helmet... I need to switch back.

This cat shall represent Calgary all across these forums.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Luong0ld
Rookie User

Anyone been following Theo Fleury's twitter? I lost a ton of respect for that guy. He sounds like those mindless zombies from calgarypuck.com. Calling another hockey team classless??? These are your NHL brothers, Theo. Regardless of what you think, keep that stuff to yourself. This guy is just totally out to lunch and classless. Never seen a former NHL'er act this way.

Luong0ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 08:37 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luong0ld View Post
Anyone been following Theo Fleury's twitter? I lost a ton of respect for that guy. He sounds like those mindless zombies from calgarypuck.com. Calling another hockey team classless??? These are your NHL brothers, Theo. Regardless of what you think, keep that stuff to yourself. This guy is just totally out to lunch and classless. Never seen a former NHL'er act this way.

Why? He's entitled to his opinion. Seems like a lot of Canucks fans are sensitive to anything Fleury says these days ever since his comment about the Canucks not making it past the 1st round. Which btw, did you read the comments to that on his twitter from Canucks fans? I can tewll you it's a lot more classless and embarassing than anything Fleury has said.

Old
05-16-2011, 09:12 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Why? He's entitled to his opinion. Seems like a lot of Canucks fans are sensitive to anything Fleury says these days ever since his comment about the Canucks not making it past the 1st round. Which btw, did you read the comments to that on his twitter from Canucks fans? I can tewll you it's a lot more classless and embarassing than anything Fleury has said.
took the words right out of my mouth

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Luong0ld
Rookie User

Quote:
Not sensitive to what he said about them making it past the first round. Lots of players have made predictions. Jeremy Roenick just made a tweet predicting the Sharks would win. Its the other things Fleury is tweeting that make me shake my head. Like I said I've never seen an ex NHL'er act this way before. I always thought there was an unspoken bond and brotherhood between hockey players. But he's not acting like it. He's no better than those classless fans cuz thats exactly what he's acting like.

Old
05-16-2011, 09:47 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Its the other things Fleury is tweeting that make me shake my head. Like I said I've never seen an ex NHL'er act this way before. I always thought there was an unspoken bond and brotherhood between hockey players. But he's not acting like it. He's no better than those classless fans cuz thats exactly what he's acting like.

I haven't actually read what he posted on his twitter, but he has always been outspoken, it's what makes him Fleury.

Old
05-17-2011, 01:25 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Not sensitive to what he said about them making it past the first round. Lots of players have made predictions. Jeremy Roenick just made a tweet predicting the Sharks would win. Its the other things Fleury is tweeting that make me shake my head. Like I said I've never seen an ex NHL'er act this way before. I always thought there was an unspoken bond and brotherhood between hockey players. But he's not acting like it. He's no better than those classless fans cuz thats exactly what he's acting like.
Got anything specific, because scrolling through his twitter their is nothing that is classless, actually most of it is responding to the classless Canuck fans.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 10:11 AM
saillias

Some guy with 2 posts who signed up to tell us Fleury is classless on Twitter. This after several of his buddies thought it would be edgy to attack him for being molested as a child.

Canuck Fans.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Luong0ld
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Got anything specific, because scrolling through his twitter their is nothing that is classless, actually most of it is responding to the classless Canuck fans.
Quotes from his twitter

Quote:
You think I give 2 hoots what you think. You'll never win with class and it's clearly been shown throughout the playoffs
Now if that isn't a line straight outta calgarypuck.com then I don't know what is. He's acting exactly like the unclassy fans he's responding to. Sounds like he's straight up trolling.

And no this isn't some random hockey fan, this is former NHL'er Theo Fleury.... sitting on the sidelines.... calling an NHL team unclassy. Try and picture Yzerman or Shannahan or Sakic doing that

Then he goes onto say

Quote:
I won with lots of class
Acting like he wasn't one of the whiniest, unclassiest little pukes that every played the game. Hilarious

Old
05-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Luong0ld
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Some guy with 2 posts who signed up to tell us Fleury is classless on Twitter. This after several of his buddies thought it would be edgy to attack him for being molested as a child.

Canuck Fans.
Woah easy there cowpoke. Those are some serious accusations you're making against me.

Old
05-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Dutter

bad troll is bad

Dutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

While I'll always bleed red (metaphorically speaking), I'm temporarily switching my allegiance to the Thrashers. If the Winnipeg deal has in fact gone through, I want to support that team while I can. I can't imagine how it feels to lose a team...

Old
05-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Backlund

Quote:
While I'll always bleed red (metaphorically speaking), I'm temporarily switching my allegiance to the Thrashers. If the Winnipeg deal has in fact gone through, I want to support that team while I can. I can't imagine how it feels to lose a team...
Hopefully we will never have to know. I'm glad Winnipeg is getting a team again but it must suck for the Thrashers fans.

Old
05-28-2011, 02:43 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!

Old
05-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Backlund

Quote:
Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!
Every team I have cheered for has failed me so far, I'm starting to think the Canucks are actually going to win.

Old
05-30-2011, 11:09 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Eight View Post
Every team I have cheered for has failed me so far, I'm starting to think the Canucks are actually going to win.
REALLY?!

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

This is going to be a really good final. These are probably the 2 most well rounded teams in the NHL. And I'm glad they both actually have goaltenders, and did not have to tank for years to become top teams. And lastly, I'm glad Vancouver made it to the finals, only because it is going to sting that much more when Boston beats the living piss out of them. I can't wait to get a pic of Luongo with tears in his eyes so I can make it my avatar.

GO BRUINS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
This is going to be a really good final. These are probably the 2 most well rounded teams in the NHL. And I'm glad they both actually have goaltenders, and did not have to tank for years to become top teams. And lastly, I'm glad Vancouver made it to the finals, only because it is going to sting that much more when Boston beats the living piss out of them. I can't wait to get a pic of Luongo with tears in his eyes so I can make it my avatar.

GO BRUINS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny, but cold. I would love to see that avatar.

Last edited by Skobel24: 05-30-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old
05-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

A Calgary Flames hockey fan is driving home from work when he passes the local priest. He stops and gives him a lift.

A block later they pass a man wearing a Vancouver Canucks jersey. The Flames fan suddenly feels an uncontrollable urge to run him over with the car. He puts his foot down on the accelerator and tries to hit him. At the last minute the Canucks fan jumps out of the way and the driver hears a thump which he figures must just be the curb.

The two men procede in silence until finally the Flames fan blurts out, "Look Father, I'm really sorry about that incident back there. I tried to run the Canucks fan over but I believe I missed him : can you forgive me father?"

The Priest replies "It's Ok son, no need to apologize; I got him with the car door."

Old
05-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

vCash: 998
LOL. That was good. I hope you don't mind my spreading that around facebook, haha.

Janko Unchained is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:18 PM
saillias

Quote:
A Calgary Flames hockey fan is driving home from work when he passes the local priest. He stops and gives him a lift.

A block later they pass a man wearing a Vancouver Canucks jersey. The Flames fan suddenly feels an uncontrollable urge to run him over with the car. He puts his foot down on the accelerator and tries to hit him. At the last minute the Canucks fan jumps out of the way and the driver hears a thump which he figures must just be the curb.

The two men procede in silence until finally the Flames fan blurts out, "Look Father, I'm really sorry about that incident back there. I tried to run the Canucks fan over but I believe I missed him : can you forgive me father?"

The Priest replies "It's Ok son, no need to apologize; I got him with the car door."
The man tries to run over guy, priest gets him with car door is a classic. My late grandpa used to tell me variations of this story for years...

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:

Love it!

And believe it about Luongo/Canucks, Boston will win!

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Pretty funny lineup for the Nucks according to a guy at ESPN.
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl...mes&id=6607864

Quote:
Canucks
Alexandre Burrows-Henrik Sedin-Jannik Hansen
Daniel Sedin-Ryan Kesler-Mikael Samuelsson
Chris Higgins-Maxim Lapierre-Victor Oreskovich/Manny Malhotra
Mason Raymond-Cody Hodgson-Raffi Torres