HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you rather face Luongo or Schneider? (Game 7)

View Poll Results: If it was up to you: Luongo or Schneider for game 7?
Roberto Luongo 63 88.73%
Cory Schneider 8 11.27%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Puk

vCash: 500
Would you rather face Luongo or Schneider? (Game 7)

For the record, Luongo will most definitely start game 7, and it also sounds like Schneider just had cramps (?), so assume it was up to you and Schneider was healthy. Who would you rather face?

On a side note I wish I could have done this poll for game 6.

Puk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:41 PM
KyleJRM

Luongo.

The chance to just completely destroy his reputation and state of mind is just too much to resist.

KyleJRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:42 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Luongo without a doubt. He's injured and broken mentally. Yes please.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:45 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Luongo without question. That said, and listening to their coach, I bet it's Schneider. I think tonight's decision is the begining of the end for Luongo in Vancouver.

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Luongo

/thread

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:50 PM
enforcersrule

1) I *highly* doubt Schneider "just had a cramped muscle"... Not with the way he moved, stopped, and doubled over and not with the way he labored to the bench. Sorry. Watched Khabi tweak his groin too many times to believe it's "just a cramp".

2) Any Blackhawks fan who says they WOULDN'T prefer Luongo is either a fairweather fan who doesn't know hockey and/or a complete idiot. Hawks are in Lu's head. They've been there for 3 years now. Getting pulled from two games in a row and then giving up the OT goal in Chicago to a rookie to force a Game 7? Yeah. He's fragile. And he's also not 100% healthy, with having tweaked his back a few games ago.

Luongo for sure.

enforcersrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:53 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
If I could vote, Luongo.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:54 PM
madgoat33

schneider because it looks like he's got an injury that would make it near impossible to effectively cover the bottom of the net and our team just LOVVVVES to shoot low. Not to mention, his lateral movement would probably be severely hampered. Now, if they're both relatively healthy, I'll take luongo every day of the week because chances are he folds like a cheap suit, but I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to face an injured goalie...

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:00 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Doesn't matter. It is time for our stars to show up and the entire team to play like they can.

We win, and it illustrates that this team has the chemistry back!!!

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Doesn't matter. It is time for our stars to show up and the entire team to play like they can.

We win, and it illustrates that this team has the chemistry back!!!
This ^^

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:33 PM
sedag

Schneider had to be helped off the ice by his handlers and Luongo is up 11-0 here.

Game 7uongo.

sedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:38 PM
SchruteFarms
Cup #5!

14-0

SchruteFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

The thing with Luongo is he just can't hack the pressure. It's not just against the Hawks, but in big situations in general.

Look at the Olympics. Most people would credit him with winning gold, and sure, he did, but he was shakey as hell against Slovakia, and blew the lead late in the 3rd against USA in that gold medal game. Crosby won that gold for them, Lou nearly lost it for them. Game 7? I just can't see Loungo bucking the trend here and rising above the pressure. He's just not a winner.

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 12:41 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

It's a win-win for the Hawks. Either a physically injured goalie or a mentally injured goalie.
I'll take my chances with LOU.

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 12:43 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Just go on the Canucks board for your answer.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Luongo. They have already ran him out of town in Vancouver.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 01:08 AM
icekoob

Can't vote due to infractions. Obviously Lou. I'd say he looked ok when he took over today but I doubt he faced over 5 shots before letting that GWG in. He knows he got benched for game 6 and he knows he's about to possibly be run out of town. This is the biggest pressure he has ever faced. With that said I still think the game could go either way on Tuesday. Lou for sure, still.

Like I said, game 7 can go either way. However, if the Canucks don't get it done I see Schneider being the guy to finally do it to us eventually.

icekoob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:14 AM
melinko

I'm a Wild fan that initially wanted the Wild to lose the Dallas game for a better draft pick.

But I've started to think knocking Dallas out and watching the Canucks melt down might be just as good as making the playoffs.

Lou has always been overrated by the Canuck fans and nothing would be better than to see him crumble in game 7.

melinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

As VAN, I would dress Schneider.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:16 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Gotta say, nothing would be more perfect than the man they are stuck with for another 10yrs being in the net if/when their Epic Fail is complete!

TaLoN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:20 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Gotta say, nothing would be more perfect than the man they are stuck with for another 10yrs being in the net if/when their Epic Fail is complete!
They'll do everything in their power to move him if he loses Game 7. Regardless, it's probably something they'll explore. I don't care who the Hawks face because they've lit them both up all year. Schneider has played a lot of garbarge time vs. the Hawks where he should have been able to shut them out but always gave up at least 1 goal.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:28 AM
stingo

vCash: 925
The chance to destroy the Canucks, once and for all, is too sweet. I want Luongo.

This would be the third year in a row. They've been arrogant every single year, and coming back from a 0-3 deficit and beating the Canucks on their home ice with Luongo in nets is too good to be true.

stingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcersrule View Post
1) I *highly* doubt Schneider "just had a cramped muscle"... Not with the way he moved, stopped, and doubled over and not with the way he labored to the bench. Sorry. Watched Khabi tweak his groin too many times to believe it's "just a cramp".

2) Any Blackhawks fan who says they WOULDN'T prefer Luongo is either a fairweather fan who doesn't know hockey and/or a complete idiot. Hawks are in Lu's head. They've been there for 3 years now. Getting pulled from two games in a row and then giving up the OT goal in Chicago to a rookie to force a Game 7? Yeah. He's fragile. And he's also not 100% healthy, with having tweaked his back a few games ago.

Luongo for sure.
Agreed, no way was that just a cramp. If its a cramp they would have been stretching him out on the ice. I've never seen a guy with a cramp be unable to get off the ice without help.

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:52 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcersrule View Post
2) Any Blackhawks fan who says they WOULDN'T prefer Luongo is either a fairweather fan who doesn't know hockey and/or a complete idiot. Hawks are in Lu's head. They've been there for 3 years now. Getting pulled from two games in a row and then giving up the OT goal in Chicago to a rookie to force a Game 7?
Why would any Blackhawks fan fear Schneider at all? It clearly doesn't matter who plays goal for Vancouver; neither can handle the responsibility/pressue. I'd rather beat Luongo but like last night at the UC, I'm not going to have any less confidence if he doesn't start.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Why would any Blackhawks fan fear Schneider at all? It clearly doesn't matter who plays goal for Vancouver; neither can handle the responsibility/pressue. I'd rather beat Luongo but like last night at the UC, I'm not going to have any less confidence if he doesn't start.
Schneider looked really good. The first 2 goals were the result of rookie mistakes he made. The third was the penalty shot that ended his night. I don't think you can count on getting a couple gifts like the Hawks got last night from him. He withstood some heavy pressure including the 2 man advantage.

On the other hand, it could be argued that Luongo stole games 1 & 3, so despite his fragile confidence, the series probably would be over if he didn't stand tall in those 2 games.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote