HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Kopecky

Old
04-09-2011, 03:59 PM
icekoob

vCash: 500
Kopecky

Chris Kuc saying Kopecky is not at practice as of 11 minutes ago. Reason to worry?

We don't have much room for any depth loss at this point.

icekoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

EDIT: Nevermind. See below.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:13 PM
darkcaptain86

Quote:
Sharp and Kopecky didn't take the ice today, but both are "OK." They had the day off and will play Sunday for the #Blackhawks
adam jahns

darkcaptain86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcaptain86 View Post
adam jahns
Good to hear

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Cullksinikers

Wow.

Good news.

It look like it got him in the ear.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 08:02 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Any update on Kopecky?

To ignite Hossa, wow.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:12 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I haven't even noticed his absense.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Illinihockey

Kopecky didn't even travel to Vancouver. He's done for the year.

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Suburbanbear

Talk about a guy the Hawks can afford to get rid of.....

Suburbanbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:38 AM
madgoat33

Did I miss something where we wouldn't be better off with Kopecky than Kruger or brouwer right now?

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:47 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Did I miss something where we wouldn't be better off with Kopecky than Kruger or brouwer right now?
It doesn't need to come down to that. We need all three.

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Smith-Kruger-Hossa
Brouwer-Johnson-Kopecky

There seems to be a split in the fanbase as to whether Scott is necessary to stifle their hitting a little bit. The above lineup is the one I'd play. If no Kopecky, then yeah, put Scott in over Pisani and Stalberg just in case the Canucks are somewhat threatened by his presence.

coldsteelonice84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 09:58 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
It doesn't need to come down to that. We need all three.

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Smith-Kruger-Hossa
Brouwer-Johnson-Kopecky

There seems to be a split in the fanbase as to whether Scott is necessary to stifle their hitting a little bit. The above lineup is the one I'd play. If no Kopecky, then yeah, put Scott in over Pisani and Stalberg just in case the Canucks are somewhat threatened by his presence.
Stalberg played the physical game well last time out. It'd be a shame to leave him out for Kruger. yea, he's shown potential, but he's pretty sketchy at the dot and doesn't do really anything offensively. Not to mention his lack of size... And no, we don't dress scott as a forward. If he dresses at all, it should be as a Dman who gets like 6 minutes.

Old
04-21-2011, 10:07 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Stalberg played the physical game well last time out. It'd be a shame to leave him out for Kruger. yea, he's shown potential, but he's pretty sketchy at the dot and doesn't do really anything offensively. Not to mention his lack of size... And no, we don't dress scott as a forward. If he dresses at all, it should be as a Dman who gets like 6 minutes.
Brouwer vs. Stalberg is a coin flip. Kruger needs to play against these guys, moreso than Brouwer, Stalberg or Scott. You are right, he does look a little uncomfortable at C, but on the wing, he's been really good in this series IMO. He's on those "straw that stirs the drink" kind of guys, as is Bolland. He's one of the best fundemental hockey players we have, so the way I look at it, at least with him you know he's not going to hurt you and will provide good D. Our lack of backchecking from the forwards has been a major issue all year.

Old
04-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Brouwer vs. Stalberg is a coin flip. Kruger needs to play against these guys, moreso than Brouwer, Stalberg or Scott. You are right, he does look a little uncomfortable at C, but on the wing, he's been really good in this series IMO. He's on those "straw that stirs the drink" kind of guys, as is Bolland. He's one of the best fundemental hockey players we have, so the way I look at it, at least with him you know he's not going to hurt you and will provide good D. Our lack of backchecking from the forwards has been a major issue all year.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:25 AM
madgoat33

Am I the only one who thinks kruger hasn't really contributed much? He hasn't made any critical errors, but its not like he's shown anything beyond potential. People calling for kruger with kane and toews are begging for somebody to get injured.

Old
04-21-2011, 11:31 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks kruger hasn't really contributed much? He hasn't made any critical errors, but its not like he's shown anything beyond potential. People calling for kruger with kane and toews are begging for somebody to get injured.
He's a good passer and a good stick checker, plus he's fearless and irritates the oppostion with borderline penalties he's gotten away with for the most part.

Old
04-21-2011, 11:34 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
He's a good passer and a good stick checker, plus he's fearless and irritates the oppostion with borderline penalties he's gotten away with for the most part.
He still doesn't look like he's adapted to the NHL game yet. His passes seem like they are always just a split second too late/too slow. His shot also needs a lot of work. Toews/kane don't need a passer, they need somebody to go to the front of the net and have a decent shot.

Old
04-21-2011, 11:40 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
He still doesn't look like he's adapted to the NHL game yet. His passes seem like they are always just a split second too late/too slow. His shot also needs a lot of work. Toews/kane don't need a passer, they need somebody to go to the front of the net and have a decent shot.

I agree that they need that more than anything else. It needs to be done the right way though. I don't question Stalberg's heart, never, but he needs to be in Luongo's face all night if he's going to contribute on the 1st line. If he isn't beat up and bruised after this game, he didn't do his job. We'll see, it's a big chance for him.

As for Kruger, he hasn't even played with these guys before and changes lines every other period. Therefore, he looks better when he has more skill around him to compensate for that. I thought he looked best with Hossa, especially vs. Boston. He's a little guy but he's very irritating out there. Bolland is "The Rat", Kruger is "The Mosquito"

Old
04-21-2011, 03:42 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Kruger hasn't been amazing, but I'll take him over Kopecky every time.

Old
04-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Kruger hasn't been amazing, but I'll take him over Kopecky every time.

Yeah cause you hate Kopecky

Kopecky is better in every facet of game at this point in time.

I really how Bowman and Kopecky can come to terms on a contract extension ,,, Sure you would love to see that Hoss

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 04:20 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Yeah cause you hate Kopecky

Kopecky is better in every facet of game at this point in time.

I really how Bowman and Kopecky can come to terms on a contract extension ,,, Sure you would love to see that Hoss
My hate for Kopecky has never been unjustified. He's a moron, he's slow and clumsy, and despite his size, he's easily one of our most pushed around players.

I wouldn't take Kruger over Brouwer because Brouwer adds a different element, but honestly, what does Kopecky do better then Kruger?

Skating - Even
Passing - Kruger
Shot - Kopecky
Hockey Sense - Kruger
Defensive Awareness - Kruger
Positioning - Kruger
Getting to the net - Kopecky, and even Kruger does a good job in that aspect

Kopecky does everything very, very averagly, yet, despite that, has gotten ample oppurtunity in Chicago. He got his "shot" in Chicago, so now he can go and have a career somewhere else, thank you.

Old
04-21-2011, 05:43 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
My hate for Kopecky has never been unjustified. He's a moron, he's slow and clumsy, and despite his size, he's easily one of our most pushed around players.

I wouldn't take Kruger over Brouwer because Brouwer adds a different element, but honestly, what does Kopecky do better then Kruger?

Skating - Even
Passing - Kruger
Shot - Kopecky
Hockey Sense - Kruger
Defensive Awareness - Kruger
Positioning - Kruger
Getting to the net - Kopecky, and even Kruger does a good job in that aspect

Kopecky does everything very, very averagly, yet, despite that, has gotten ample oppurtunity in Chicago. He got his "shot" in Chicago, so now he can go and have a career somewhere else, thank you.
Yea and his "shot" resulted in over 40pts and being the facilitator for an unconventional, but very effective 4th line(stalber-johnson-kopecky). If you don't think he would help us right now, you're blinded by hate. He gladly takes a beating in front of the net and is one of the first to mix it up after the whistle. The only problem is sometimes Q overuses him.

Old
04-21-2011, 06:21 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Yea and his "shot" resulted in over 40pts and being the facilitator for an unconventional, but very effective 4th line(stalber-johnson-kopecky). If you don't think he would help us right now, you're blinded by hate. He gladly takes a beating in front of the net and is one of the first to mix it up after the whistle. The only problem is sometimes Q overuses him.
I'm not blinded by hate,

I would not sit Brouwer, Smith or Kruger at this point so Kopecky could get back into the line-up. He's not going to be back next season, mine aswell give players who are part of the future the experience they'll need going forward.

And again, I'll say, I have honestly not noticed, or missed, his absense.

Old
04-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Dump and Chase
Hand of God

hi.

you are wrong.

that is all.

Dump and Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:01 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Not a fan of Kopecky myself. Lazy skater, annoying on the ice, bad puck control. I hope he is gone after this year.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote