HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks Win! Hawks Win! Game 7! 4-3 F/OT!

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2011, 01:07 AM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerspitze View Post
cferenzi‎ RT @The1Tab: so do the #Blackhawks have to declare owning Luongo when they go thru customs tomorrow?

As for the PP, I still don't know how its at about 25%. It just looks...so bad out there.

Old
04-25-2011, 01:14 AM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Yea, OVERALL the PP looks fine, but if you look at when they actually score PP goals, its been puzzling. At times when they could REALLY use a goal on the PP(first two games and tonight) It doesn't really show up. And look at the difference in the PP between tonight and games 4 and 5. In games 4 and 5, the pointmen did a better job of creating space and finding the open areas and also didn't hesitate to pull the trigger when a lane opened up. Now, the pointmen look like they're out there for show and all they do is try to work the puck deep for that backdoor play that they telegraph all the way. I thought keith was underwhelming in the offensive zone tonight. He looked great in games 4 and 5 when he was putting the puck on the net, tried to get too cute tonight IMO.
Isn't "overall" another word for "in general?" haha, just messing around. I know what you mean, the PP is very hit or miss. Either we score/get several good chances or we get no shots at all. It was good in games 3, 4, and 5, but not good tonight, hopefully it was just a one game slump.

Old
04-25-2011, 01:20 AM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

Even though I'm a Canucks fan, I can't help noticing the talents of Michael Frolik. That guy has been a great secondary scorer and warrior for your team through the playoffs. I've somewhat followed him since his junior days on HF and it's cool (even though extremely pissing me off) to watch him blossom with the Blackhawks. What do you guys think his future is in the NHL?

Also Bickell was a good depth addition. He's been catching my attention a lot as well.

Old
04-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Even though I'm a Canucks fan, I can't help noticing the talents of Michael Frolik. That guy has been a great secondary scorer and warrior for your team through the playoffs. I've somewhat followed him since his junior days on HF and it's cool (even though extremely pissing me off) to watch him blossom with the Blackhawks. What do you guys think his future is in the NHL?

Also Bickell was a good depth addition. He's been catching my attention a lot as well.
Well I see him developing into a 30/30 guy in NHL with good 2 way ability.

Of course the opinion of Frolik has been mixed with some people not fans and others fans. He struggled alot this year but as seen with Horton in Florida alot of that is due to poor development and coaching in Florida

Bickell was hated on this board all year ,, But he has turned it on in playoffs

Bickell-Bolland-Frolik is a very promising 3rd line IMO going into next year

Old
04-25-2011, 01:40 AM
SchruteFarms
Cup #5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Well I see him developing into a 30/30 guy in NHL with good 2 way ability.

Of course the opinion of Frolik has been mixed with some people not fans and others fans. He struggled alot this year but as seen with Horton in Florida alot of that is due to poor development and coaching in Florida

Bickell was hated on this board all year ,, But he has turned it on in playoffs

Bickell-Bolland-Frolik is a very promising 3rd line IMO going into next year
Can he be a Versteeg Lite?

Old
04-25-2011, 01:56 AM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

John Scott barely played, so NHL.com didn't even bother to list him.

Old
04-25-2011, 02:13 AM
JMoss4Life

Oiler fan here...soooo funny how you guys are gonna beat Vancouver, I hate Vancouver almost as much as Calgary...good to see you guys storming back I picked blackhawks to finals so I really hope you guys win game 7...good luck and thanks for the great game tonight...someday soon hopefully it's Chicago vs Edmonton in the playoffs....

Old
04-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchruteFarms View Post
Interestingly enough, that's kind of who he reminds me of when I watch him play.

Old
04-25-2011, 02:32 AM
Sarava

Two unsung heroes besides the obvious ones:

1) Ryan Johnson - Probably saved the season on the 2 on 1, 6 1/2 minutes in to OT when he swatted away the rebound. It looked like a surefire empty net tap-in for Higgins. Awesome hustle by Ryan to catch up to the play and prevent the rebound goal.
2) Patrick Kane - maybe I'm easily impressed, but as I watch the replay of the 2nd goal where he found Bolly after Schneider gave it away, it still amazes me that he saw him and perfectly placed that pass through a few Canucks. He didn't even appear to look Bolland's way, but the pass was dead perfect.

Old
04-25-2011, 02:34 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchruteFarms View Post
He doesn't have all the dumb giveaways, so probably better.

Old
04-25-2011, 02:54 AM
Sarava

The Canadian feed of Ben Smith's game winner if anyone wants to see it:

Old
04-25-2011, 03:03 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

gotta love Lou's totally unorthodox attempt at stopping the first shot....wtf was he thinking?

Old
04-25-2011, 04:53 AM
Trapper2530

Cant believe i had to sell my tickets to thig game b/c of frickin work, bout to watch the game on DVR

Old
04-25-2011, 07:15 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

One more guys! One more to guarantee the Canuck's Epic Fail!

Old
04-25-2011, 07:32 AM
RollingPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post

1) Ryan Johnson - Probably saved the season on the 2 on 1, 6 1/2 minutes in to OT when he swatted away the rebound. It looked like a surefire empty net tap-in for Higgins. Awesome hustle by Ryan to catch up to the play and prevent the rebound goal.
Not to mention his D zone face-offs. We were gassed in OT but he never gave them possession.

Old
04-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

still happy

Old
04-25-2011, 08:32 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post

2) Patrick Kane - maybe I'm easily impressed, but as I watch the replay of the 2nd goal where he found Bolly after Schneider gave it away, it still amazes me that he saw him and perfectly placed that pass through a few Canucks. He didn't even appear to look Bolland's way, but the pass was dead perfect.
It was a great play, but I'm not willing to say it would have been a sure goal. Did you see how fast Craw repositioned himself, he was in some sort of crazy goalie-zone.

Old
04-25-2011, 09:01 AM
IJReilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
gotta love Lou's totally unorthodox attempt at stopping the first shot....wtf was he thinking?
He borrowed that move from the Marty Turco school of goaltending: make the stop and then flop around on the ice for no apparent reason...

Old
04-25-2011, 09:03 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
Very intense game. The building was on fire and Smith blew the roof off the place in OT! Hawks need to play better next game though, but congrats to them for forcing Game 7. We're very lucky to have so many playoff performers on one roster. Bickell, Frolik and Smith have made the Hawks a deep and dangerous playoff team. Crawford was insane last night, reminded me of those old Hackett games where we hang him out to dry and somehow win by 1.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

LuONEgo?

Old
04-25-2011, 10:37 AM
cherrypik

That was probably the best sporting event that I ever attended including Game 5 of the SC last year. It had everything you can probably ask for at a hockey game except for a pp goal/sh goal.

The Frolik, Bolland and Bickell line was awesome tonite. It seemed that Sharp and Hossa did not have any chemistry at all but Smith was the best player on that line all nite.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:03 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Our PP is just bad in general. The only thing they ever actively try to do is that weakside pass. Everyone needs to shoot more when the lane is open and go hard for rebounds. Howd they win the game today? REBOUND.
YES. And the point shot by Hammer was a QUICK WRISTER that got to the net. All the dmen need to realize how important that is and forget the big windup unless it's a certainty to not get blocked.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:09 AM
crimsonking

What a great game.

I was completely thrilled to see Ben Smith get the eventual winner. Kid totally deserved it. Regardless of what happens, Hawks have turned this into a great series. They really are the comeback kids.

Old
04-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post

They've been great, however Ben Smith is the guy thats really sticking out - at least to me.

The kids playing like a vet and he doesn't even have 20 NHL games under his belt.

I'm very excited about the Hawks future. Especially since these kids will be on ELCs for the next several years.

The Hawks may not win it all this year but I like their chances over the next 5-7 years.

Old
04-25-2011, 05:09 PM
SchruteFarms
Cup #5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
That was probably the best sporting event that I ever attended including Game 5 of the SC last year. It had everything you can probably ask for at a hockey game except for a pp goal/sh goal.

The Frolik, Bolland and Bickell line was awesome tonite. It seemed that Sharp and Hossa did not have any chemistry at all but Smith was the best player on that line all nite.
They were saying on the radio this afternoon that it was one of the top 5 most dramatic games in Hawks history. It's right up there for me with the Stanley Cup clincher, Nashville game 5, and of course a Thibault shutout.

Closed Thread