HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Players in the World Championships

Old
05-06-2011, 11:37 AM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
has kreider gotten a shift in overtime? dont u think it wud be wise to put ur best skater on the ice in a 4 on 4 situation?

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claxton View Post
Damn Stepan and Wheeler really work well with each other. I want this guy on the Rangers.
Please no, watch how many bad plays he makes inbetween the good ones. The guy is like a Gomez...he throws the puck around and tries to do stuff without actually having a good idea of what he's doing...like, some guys have that hockey sense where they make passes and plays because they are aware of what's going on around them. Wheeler makes plays because he feels skilled enough to make them but doesn't have that hockey sense

Kreider benched in OT, thanks coach. Probably not gonna be in the shootout either so offensive stalwarts Brown and Stapleton and Guastad will get their shot

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:38 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Heading to the shootout.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Ail
UH82CIT

Guys Kreider is just a weak floater. He shouldn't see ice time the rest of the tournament.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Pizza

The words "Completely Out Classed" come to mind. Sheesh!

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Levitate

That was some pathetic shootout work by team USA.

Both shooters don't do anything but shoot it right at the goalie, and Conklin bit like a mother****er on Canada's fakes

dissappointing

Old
05-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Levitate

Also, I long for a coach who will ****ing give Kreider some icetime one of these days. It's the biggest damn reason I want the Rangers to sign him because MAYBE he'll have a coach that will not bench him at the first chance to play someone like ****ing Paul Gaustad

Old
05-06-2011, 11:50 AM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

I love seeing Stepan in the tournament, but are you guys worried about him? He's playing a ton of hockey this year.

NYSportsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:53 AM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan87 View Post
I love seeing Stepan in the tournament, but are you guys worried about him? He's playing a ton of hockey this year.
he will be able to take off pretty much all of june, july, and august.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:54 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan87 View Post
It's important that a player his age gets as much experience under his belt as possible imo.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:58 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
has kreider gotten a shift in overtime? dont u think it wud be wise to put ur best skater on the ice in a 4 on 4 situation?
I don't think I saw him once the entire 3rd period either.

turcotte8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 12:02 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Also, I long for a coach who will ****ing give Kreider some icetime one of these days. It's the biggest damn reason I want the Rangers to sign him because MAYBE he'll have a coach that will not bench him at the first chance to play someone like ****ing Paul Gaustad
Gordon is a buffon, he played a career minor leagure Yan Stastny more in the 3rd than Kreider, than didn't put him out in the OT in a 4 on 4 situation. Its amazing how clowns like this can get NHL/USA coaching aassignements. Other than his penalty Kreider was engaged enough in the TOI he got to have gotten normal TOI in the 3rd and at least a shift in the OT. Kreider is one of the few forwards on the US team that has the size, strength and skill to actually maintain puck control down low. You saw that on one shift where he took the puck down the RW side, shed his check and continued on with the puck all the way behind the net to the LW boards where he made a pass to the only open option.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 12:04 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
I don't think I saw him once the entire 3rd period either.
Kreider got two very short shifts in the 3rd. Gordon felt the need to use
Paul "The Rocket" Gaustad with Shannon (who played well) and Palmieri (who was invisible) on the PP in the 3rd. Really disgusted with Gordon, anyone surprised NYI took off after canning his ass?

Old
05-06-2011, 12:08 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Kreider must be a sarcastic little ***** or something we don't know about. How he gets misused and ****ed over by every coach is beyond my comprehension.

The must interesting prospect out there right now.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 12:08 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
That was some pathetic shootout work by team USA.

Both shooters don't do anything but shoot it right at the goalie, and Conklin bit like a mother****er on Canada's fakes

dissappointing
A guy as big as Reimer you want to make move and open himself up, can't understand what the hell Johnson and Wheeler were thinking.

Old
05-06-2011, 12:11 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
How he gets misused and ****ed over by every coach is beyond my comprehension.
That's why I hope he leaves college this year. Even if he doesn't make the team I'd rather have him in the AHL getting his body used to playing more games and traveling.

turcotte8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 12:14 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Kreider only logged 9:30 of ice in the game. Gordon is misusing him pretty bad I think too.

He should be on the top PP unit with Stepan and Wheeler instead of Smith, putting a left-handed forward in the slot.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 12:14 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Kreider must be a sarcastic little ***** or something we don't know about. How he gets misused and ****ed over by every coach is beyond my comprehension.

The must interesting prospect out there right now.
Gordons assistant is also the head coach at Northeastern. You'd think that based on what I saw of the game, an ex BC guy and the head coach at Northeastern might be inclined to maybe give Kreider maybe an extra shift, like say in OT when you might be a ble to utilize Krediers speed, but no Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum had other ideas like Gaustad on the PP and Yan "Why are you calling me Paul" Stastny in OT or late in the game.

Old
05-06-2011, 12:23 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
That's why I hope he leaves college this year. Even if he doesn't make the team I'd rather have him in the AHL getting his body used to playing more games and traveling.
I remember his first BC game freshman year was being televised. York had Kreider picking the puck up behind the net and rushing it up on the power play. It looked great. But in a typical unlucky Kreider fashion, instead of realizing it was his first game and he was nervous, York thought it was a failed experiment, so they bury him to the dumpster that is the slot. Talk about underutilizing a ****ing player. Is there a coaches circle? Did York message Keith Allaine and Scott Gordon and tell them to **** with Kreider? Even on the gold US WJC team, Kreider was phenomenal, yet he's stuck with Jeremy ****ing Morin and AJ Jenks.

He doesn't catch breaks. He must be a smart ass or something.

Old
05-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

I'm not worried. Gordon is a lousy coach, and on top of that, Kreider is an NCAA player on a roster full of NHL players. Even if they're mediocre NHL players, they still have more experience at a higher level than Kreider does.

Would it make sense to get your fastest guy on the ice in a 4-on-4 situation, especially when you're on international ice? Sure, but I can't say I blame Gordon for going with experience over raw skill.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I taped the game and am watching it now. Step is really, really impressive with his passing. Every pass he looks around patiently, then lands the puck right on someone's stick.

If MDZ becomes what I think he'll become, him and Step would be great together. Two excellent passers on the same five, passing to the scorers on the team. :cough:Kreider/Thomas:cough:

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Levitate

My guess is that coaches don't trust Kreider defensively yet, which may be fair to some extent, but I still take issue with basically benching him so some pretty crappy players could get more icetime.

He's not going to magically get better if you're not giving him icetime...

Fowler also annoys me, he always seems out of position on the blueline and his forwards don't know where he is. His decision making with the puck seems somewhat suspect as well. He's got skills but I've been iffy on his mental and defensive game in this tournament

edit: I also noticed Kreider was roaming perhaps too much...he often ended up over on the right side of the ice when he might have been better served getting open on the left side or covering it on defense. Might need to work on that.

Old
05-06-2011, 01:15 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Kreider not getting the ice time he deserves. I'm used to it by now.

Sign him so this ****ing kid can actually play the minutes he needs too. Screw staying at college another year.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 01:32 PM
TreeSapLlama

Definitely don't read anything into Kreider's icetime. It's the same with Hitchcock, Tavares and Skinner barely get any time and yet are Team Canada's leading scorers. It is beyond foolish.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 02:02 PM
ColonialsHockey10

And don't let Blake Wheeler fool you guys.

He would be run out of town if he came to NY.