HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Pierre McGuire (TSN) on the Preds 4/25

Old
04-25-2011, 06:54 PM
predteamfan

vCash: 500
Pierre McGuire (TSN) on the Preds 4/25

Quote:
(Pierre McGuire from TSN). It was a spectacular event and I have to tell you guys this right now. What blew me away more than anything else was post game. The amount of people that were crying because they were happy. The amount of people that said thank you for supporting our franchise. The amount of people that said we really appreciate your network covering our games. I was blown away by the hospitality, by the humbleness, by the polite nature of the fan base here and itís not just me. There were so many Canadian people at this game. A lot of people obviously view Nashville as a destination type area where you come and you watch Ö go to museums Ö you go to the Grand Ole Opry Ö you listen to country music. Itís just a destination location. And itís a lot of fun. I was blown away by how many people enjoy this team, by how many people care about the future of this franchise, and by the passion of their fan base. This is a winner. Nashville is a winner. Hats off to Gary Bettman. He had the vision to let this thing play itself out. Itís playing itself out right now. This is one of the better franchises in the league in terms of talent on the ice. This is a very positive thing for the league. Very positive.

Thanks to http://www.predsontheglass.com/ for the link:

http://www.xmhomeice.com/onair_audio...%20McGuire.mp3

predteamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 07:01 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Ive always liked him, and now I like him even more. I cant thank him enough, that means so much. Amazing to hear something like that from someone like him

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 07:07 PM
predfan24

The guy is weird at times but he has a passion for hockey and anybody that vouches for Nashville is OK in my book. That's the reason I can't ever completely throw Eklund under the bus.

Also thought it was funny when Pierre asked Horny if he thought his goal should count or not.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Absolutely freaking awesome. I still can't get over how great the building was yesterday and I'm glad he wanted to tell people about it. Unfortunately I had to bolt home this morning, but it gives me chills to think of what the building will be like in round 2.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 07:13 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Absolutely freaking awesome. I still can't get over how great the building was yesterday and I'm glad he wanted to tell people about it. Unfortunately I had to bolt home this morning, but it gives me chills to think of what the building will be like in round 2.
The building is going to shake like its about to collapse.

FlexinMyPeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

One of the smartest hockey minds in the business.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
The guy is weird at times but he has a passion for hockey and anybody that vouches for Nashville is OK in my book. That's the reason I can't ever completely throw Eklund under the bus.

Also thought it was funny when Pierre asked Horny if he thought his goal should count or not.
I thought it was funny until tweeps at home came unglued with how wrong the decision was

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Great to hear. I think people are realzing very quickly that we have quite a hockey market now.

Just imagine what the building would be like if we won the cup this year. It's not happening, but just think. People were crying because we won a round. I think we would have the flood of last April v2 if the cup came to Nashville.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:44 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I thought it was funny until tweeps at home came unglued with how wrong the decision was
Has there been any other video evidence to show it more clearly? I personally think it's a joke that in such a decision they only show one angle which is not a very good angle to make such a decision.

Heck I've started watching cricket and they have cameras everywhere. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Spot_%28cricket%29

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:42 AM
JacklegJack

Well said Pierre, well said.

JacklegJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:55 AM
KillerKampfer*

Pierre is great TV even if you don't like him his passion for hockey eminates and he is not afraid to say something that a good amount of people won't like.

Big respect for him making sure to give Nashville its due. Its my vacation destination, Ill probably get in the day before game 3. I honestly can't wait to get down for some games in round 2, the silver lining to the Kings (who I have a few to too) going out is that the Preds won't have home ice and I will have a little more time to get situated before the first home game and hopefully add a couple strips in the clubs or at center ice tomorrow.

Basically Nashville=Vegas with playoff hockey, better music, and not having to worry about losing money on sports I have a big group of buds heading to Vegas this weekend and shunned them in favor of my nice little Nashville hockey trip. Just need my Bruins to still be playing hockey when I get back from Tennessee and things will be very nice!

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:02 AM
KillerKampfer*

The scenes in the building after the win were awesome to see by the way.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote