HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread 11: Gettin' Higgy With It

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2011, 01:54 AM
  #601
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
As a country that largely identifies itself as Christian, I'm somewhat turned off and disappointed by excessive celebration over someone's death. I definitely identify with those who have gained closure over our past tragedies (you can and should be happy about closure) but to outright celebrate murder, even of an enemy seems so wrong, barbaric, backwards, 3rd world, take your pick. When WWII ended, people did not celebrate the death of Hitler, rather the end of the war; the peace that would come. Hopefully all this fist pumping is just a knee jerk reaction to all that has happened in the last 10 years; an expression of hope for peace and not genuine vitriol for humans, however disgusting and evil they may be. I hope we can be better than them. Those who identify themselves as Christians and continue to celebrate OBL's death though, and for all the non-Christians, ALALALALALALALALALALALAA i keeeeed.

Even though I do not consider myself a religious person, these isms are common knowledge to me. I imagine any good Christian would know these.






supposedly this is a viral quote someone falsely attributed to MLK, probably to give it credibility.

quote from some random dude

Here's to peace!
It's hypocrisy. It's evident a lot are what they say they are because of tradition.

Christians are supposed to be followers of Christ. Christ wouldn't fight and kill his enemies to begin with. He wouldn't grab a gun in the name of his country. He said his people should be "no part of the world".

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway..... Not to make this a religious discussion.....

Sony's getting on my last nerves with this PSN junk.

Take your time, Sony. -_-


Last edited by Florida Ranger: 05-03-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Florida Ranger is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 04:20 AM
  #602
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
It's hypocrisy. It's evident a lot are what they say they are because of tradition.

Christians are supposed to be followers of Christ. Christ wouldn't fight and kill his enemies to begin with. He wouldn't grab a gun in the name of his country. He said his people should be "no part of the world".

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway..... Not to make this a religious discussion.....

Sony's getting on my last nerves with this PSN junk.

Take your time, Sony. -_-
I'm fine with people who have things both ways. I guess it's just the hypocritical ones who are profess how faithful they are and then turn around and spit the same hate they think is so evil. i would like to appeal to poster's sense that we can be better than them but I kinda feel like I'm spitting in the wind with that one.

Also


n8 is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 04:43 AM
  #603
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
He got shot in the head but they didn't know if he still had a bomb on himself so they did a "double tap:" Another shot in the head.

Depending on the firearm, he could have a split head.
It was a shot to the chest first, than a shot to the head.

As far as the ignorant posters giving credit to Bush and their republicans.... It was Obama who continuously (debates with McCain) emphasized the importance of doing whatever is needed in Pakistan with or without their approval/action. He did just that. He was given hell from the republicans for saying that. That's just part of it.All of this happened under his watch. If you want to give Bush all the credit then you have to give Clinton credit too. Intelligence is always passed along to the next president.

It's Obama who made the call while only knowing the chances of Bin laden being in that building were at 60-80%. It was his administration putting bits and pieces together. They looked into suspicions like : Someone (Bin Laden) building a 1 million dollar compound when it's well known Al Qaeda is financially hurting. The only reason one would be built is for one of their top officials. Plus, Bin Laden had a construction business. That building had his fingerprints all over it.That compound was by far the most superior in the region. It was Obama's newly appointed CIA (Leon Panetta and staff) who put together the puzzle and directed the operations to track these couriers down. It was his CIA that rehearsed multiple times before going in.

Yea, waterboarding may have helped. Yes, the democrats were wrong about gitmo tactics -- however getting a piece of information is the initial step. It's what you do with that information that matters. They did a well executed operation.

Here's Obama from august 1 2007 debates regarding Pakistan:

It's good to see a president keep his pledge about something for once.

And no I'm not a democrat or republican.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 08:05 AM
  #604
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
As a country that largely identifies itself as Christian, I'm somewhat turned off and disappointed by excessive celebration over someone's death. I definitely identify with those who have gained closure over our past tragedies (you can and should be happy about closure) but to outright celebrate murder, even of an enemy seems so wrong, barbaric, backwards, 3rd world, take your pick. When WWII ended, people did not celebrate the death of Hitler, rather the end of the war; the peace that would come. Hopefully all this fist pumping is just a knee jerk reaction to all that has happened in the last 10 years; an expression of hope for peace and not genuine vitriol for humans, however disgusting and evil they may be. I hope we can be better than them. Those who identify themselves as Christians and continue to celebrate OBL's death though, and for all the non-Christians, ALALALALALALALALALALALAA i keeeeed.

Even though I do not consider myself a religious person, these isms are common knowledge to me. I imagine any good Christian would know these.






supposedly this is a viral quote someone falsely attributed to MLK, probably to give it credibility.

quote from some random dude

Here's to peace!
You're surprised by hypocrisy from the religious? The New Testament says that Jesus said "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." And yet somehow studies show that the more Christian a person is the more economically conservative the person is. People don't hold coherent philosophies about these things.

I'm not religious, was never a christian anyway, but I wouldn't say in this situation it's wrong for people to celebrate OBL's death. The guy was a mass murderer who was still trying to kill more people. I also would say there is more to his death than him being dead. This quite possibly will make it easier for us to bring our troops home from Afghanistan. That's something to celebrate. With him gone there's a chance we'll see less terrorism, remains to be seen but it's definitely possible. I would also venture to assume this will help Obama's reelection chances which is something I'd definitely celebrate.

Kel Varnsen is online now  
Old
05-03-2011, 08:11 AM
  #605
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV
 
UnderPSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Morris Co, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
It was a shot to the chest first, than a shot to the head.
Are you sure? I thought tt was a shot to the head first (ala kill shot) then the shot to the chest was an extra shot taken to make sure he was dead.

From NYPost...
Quote:
The Saudi-born terror mastermind was felled by a "double tap," meaning he was killed instantly by one bullet -- and then had a second one pumped into him for good measure just to make sure he was dead, National Journal reported.

The kill shot ripped just above his left eye, blowing away part of his skull. The other bullet reportedly went through his chest.

UnderPSI is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 08:31 AM
  #606
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
It's hypocrisy. It's evident a lot are what they say they are because of tradition.

Christians are supposed to be followers of Christ. Christ wouldn't fight and kill his enemies to begin with. He wouldn't grab a gun in the name of his country. He said his people should be "no part of the world".

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway..... Not to make this a religious discussion.....

Sony's getting on my last nerves with this PSN junk.

Take your time, Sony. -_-
Christianity doesnt exactly have a sparkling history over the past 2,000 years. And religion, as a whole, has killed as many people as its helped.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 09:00 AM
  #607
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMMV View Post
Are you sure? I thought tt was a shot to the head first (ala kill shot) then the shot to the chest was an extra shot taken to make sure he was dead.

From NYPost...
Actually, now they're saying it was 2 shots to the left eye.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 09:10 AM
  #608
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,884
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMMV View Post
Are you sure? I thought tt was a shot to the head first (ala kill shot) then the shot to the chest was an extra shot taken to make sure he was dead.

From NYPost...
the 2nd shot, to make sure he is dead, is ALWAYS to the head.

You never pump one in the body to be sure.

As mentioned in the movie, The Fighter, body head body head body head



I am a Christian and I celebrate this mans death the same way I would have celebrated Hitlers death.

To me, there is no difference other than we got to Osama Bin ********* before he could galvanize a country that had even some slight military might.

I have no pity for this man, I shed no tear for this man. The world is a better place today for his death and I am greatful and thankful for that.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 09:20 AM
  #609
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
They got important info from waterboarding KSM..
Kahlied Sheik Mohhammed..
Heard that about an hour ago.
We've heard that they got important information from the interrogation of KSM. We have no idea which methods were effective and which methods were not. Of course, there's a cottage industry of connecting dots just because they appear on the same page.

Even still, if what you say is true (which you don't know), it's tragic. Because it means that it is not true that nobody was harmed in the operation to bring OBL to justice. The people who performed the torture were irrevocably harmed, morally and psychologically (even disregarding the victim). I don't understand those who think light of asking others to torture on their behalf, I really don't.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 09:26 AM
  #610
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post

Sony's getting on my last nerves with this PSN junk.

Take your time, Sony. -_-
Seriously bro. This **** is getting on my nerves. Now I can't even watch Netflix streaming. WTF!

Stugots is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 09:43 AM
  #611
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Seriously bro. This **** is getting on my nerves. Now I can't even watch Netflix streaming. WTF!
Really? I've still been able to use Netflix Instant Watch....

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 09:51 AM
  #612
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
We've heard that they got important information from the interrogation of KSM. We have no idea which methods were effective and which methods were not. Of course, there's a cottage industry of connecting dots just because they appear on the same page.

Even still, if what you say is true (which you don't know), it's tragic. Because it means that it is not true that nobody was harmed in the operation to bring OBL to justice. The people who performed the torture were irrevocably harmed, morally and psychologically (even disregarding the victim). I don't understand those who think light of asking others to torture on their behalf, I really don't.

Cheers,

Dan-o
Last I heard was it wasn't until we switched back to conventional interrogation that we got any info from KSM.

Kel Varnsen is online now  
Old
05-03-2011, 10:03 AM
  #613
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Really? I've still been able to use Netflix Instant Watch....
I was able to until last night, then it kept saying I had to login to the PSN to watch Netflix.

Stugots is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 10:07 AM
  #614
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,132
vCash: 500
Yea this PSN **** is getting on my nerves as well.

I'm not as big of a gamer as I used to be but when I go on and not being able to log into the PSN takes away half the game right there.

__________________
New York RKY is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 10:17 AM
  #615
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,127
vCash: 500
Superior PC Gamer here. Although I haven't really done much gaming at all recently. The only problem with this is that I can't buy and play NHL 11 and I really want to.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 10:43 AM
  #616
ap215
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Brooklyn,NY
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Thank you Navy Seals Team 6


ap215 is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 11:27 AM
  #617
Glen Teflon Sather
When I hear corsi 👇
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Seriously bro. This **** is getting on my nerves. Now I can't even watch Netflix streaming. WTF!
Not only am I pissed about that but the other day my PS3 flat out died on me, it powered off and started blinking red. I've had this problem before and have already spent 300 dollars on repairs. So I called Sony asked to speak to a supervisor and vented at him. I told him I was getting a 360 and I'm done with Sony so he said he would take 100 bucks off repair and a free game of my choice.

Glen Teflon Sather is online now  
Old
05-03-2011, 11:30 AM
  #618
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
We've heard that they got important information from the interrogation of KSM. We have no idea which methods were effective and which methods were not. Of course, there's a cottage industry of connecting dots just because they appear on the same page.

Even still, if what you say is true (which you don't know), it's tragic. Because it means that it is not true that nobody was harmed in the operation to bring OBL to justice. The people who performed the torture were irrevocably harmed, morally and psychologically (even disregarding the victim). I don't understand those who think light of asking others to torture on their behalf, I really don't.

Cheers,

Dan-o
I would gladly torture one of those ****ers if it meant getting to OBL.

in a heartbeat.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 11:46 AM
  #619
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,396
vCash: 500
Very content with my 360. Granted I did have problems with the red flashing lights like everyone that's had one pretty much but with the extended warranty they've had with it I've been fine. Eventually one did break on me but I just went out and bought an Arcade and traded the broken one in. Never had a problem since. Also XBL is great, don't mind paying for online as long as the service is good.

NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
05-03-2011, 11:58 AM
  #620
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Very content with my 360. Granted I did have problems with the red flashing lights like everyone that's had one pretty much but with the extended warranty they've had with it I've been fine. Eventually one did break on me but I just went out and bought an Arcade and traded the broken one in. Never had a problem since. Also XBL is great, don't mind paying for online as long as the service is good.
i've got zero complaints about my xbox 360

other than lack of time to play it

mullichicken25 is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 12:06 PM
  #621
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Not only am I pissed about that but the other day my PS3 flat out died on me, it powered off and started blinking red. I've had this problem before and have already spent 300 dollars on repairs. So I called Sony asked to speak to a supervisor and vented at him. I told him I was getting a 360 and I'm done with Sony so he said he would take 100 bucks off repair and a free game of my choice.
Lol damn dude. The same thing happened to me a couple years ago. At least now I know how to get a discount if it happens again.

Stugots is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 12:12 PM
  #622
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,097
vCash: 500
Reading everyone's comments...no wonder nothing will ever change for the better.

Yes, back to video game talk!

Hey what's the latest on Jersey Shore??


Baaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!! BAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

CHGoalie27 is online now  
Old
05-03-2011, 12:38 PM
  #623
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 18,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Reading everyone's comments...no wonder nothing will ever change for the better.

Yes, back to video game talk!

Hey what's the latest on Jersey Shore??


Baaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!! BAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
It's a hockey forum man. One that you post on, might I add. We all have our vices, let's not be a hypocrite.

If you were really interested in changing the world 24/7, you wouldn't watch hockey, let alone discuss it with other grown men on an Internet forum.

Ail is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 12:43 PM
  #624
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Reading everyone's comments...no wonder nothing will ever change for the better.

Yes, back to video game talk!

Hey what's the latest on Jersey Shore??


Baaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!! BAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
So you're gauging the future of society based on a message board thread?

Stugots is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 12:44 PM
  #625
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Reading everyone's comments...no wonder nothing will ever change for the better.
i know, what with people gauging the progress of society on conversations in the OT section of a internet hockey forum and all...

mullichicken25 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.