HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread 11: Gettin' Higgy With It

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2011, 09:20 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
The thread isn't about anything, it's off-topic. There is no one "thing" the thread is about. If you want non-stop talk about world events, go to a news forum. You can read both you know.

Saying "Bahhh bahhhh" and calling people sheep because they changed the subject to video games, is being a hypocrite. Is world events the only thing you talk about ever? You have over 2000 posts, and I assume most of them are about hockey. Guess what, hockey, video games, and ****** T.V. shows like Jersey Shore are the same thing, entertainment. So how can you bleet at someone who is talking about video games and T.V., when you spend your spare time posting on a hockey forum and watching hockey games? It's all the same.

Do you get what I am saying now?
Yes I do, thanks for not coming off as an AH in your response. I really wasn't trying to come off as trying make you look dumb by the "what are you saying", I really didn't know.

I apologize to you and other OTers, as you just enlightened me on how OT threads work. I hardly visit OT threads when I come here so please excuse my not paying attention.

However, please don't compare Hockey and jersey shore as the same ol thing! (not saying your philosophy is wrong, but y'know?!?) ...and I'll bleet at ANY of the CRAP that overtook MTV alllllll day.

Old
05-03-2011, 09:22 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I live to have a good time and joke around. People who take themselves too seriously tend to be a lot more stressed and therefore seem to be more of a dick then the next guy. I may be wrong but through the 18 and a half years of my life, that is what I have observed.

Not to say that there are not things that are important and need to be taken seriously, such as school or work, but honestly we are in an off-topic thread on a forum about hockey. Loosen up, chill the **** out, and have a good time
No, you're absolutely right...about all of it.
I'm just saying be serious enough/as appropriate, not TOO serious.
As I said last post, I didn't notice that the OT thread covered all and any OT talk regardless of thread title LOL

Old
05-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
No, you're absolutely right...about all of it.
I'm just saying be serious enough/as appropriate, not TOO serious.
As I said last post, I didn't notice that the OT thread covered all and any OT talk regardless of thread title LOL
okay I forgive you

Old
05-03-2011, 09:30 PM
John Torturella

Everyone has the right to their opinion, but to compare cheering this ******** death the that of Radical Muslims cheering 9/11 is one of the most absurd and idiotic things I have ever heard. Are we really comparing the death of thousands of completely innocent Americans and other countries' citizens to that of a terror mastermind who has held the world in fear for at least the last 10 years? Where is the logic? Was it right to cheer the death of Hitler? Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Old
05-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

anybody ever heard of the program Calculus Made Easy for Ti-89 calcs? If so, do you use it?

Also, Chris Higgins has 3 playoff goals?

Old
05-03-2011, 10:33 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Ranger Greats
Forget the bogus "Bin Laden death video." The completely real Washington Capitals death video is far more entertaining.
3 minutes ago Like

Old
05-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
anybody ever heard of the program Calculus Made Easy for Ti-89 calcs? If so, do you use it?

Also, Chris Higgins has 3 playoff goals?
Two game-winners.

Old
05-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Two game-winners.
we should try and get him this off season. He seems like he could be a good player for us

Old
05-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Does anyone else notice the Predators coach has a creepy flesh colored beard?

Old
05-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
we should try and get him this off season. He seems like he could be a good player for us
For every game winner, give him $3.5 million. Do it.

Old
05-03-2011, 11:51 PM
savebyrichter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Everyone has the right to their opinion, but to compare cheering this ******** death the that of Radical Muslims cheering 9/11 is one of the most absurd and idiotic things I have ever heard. Are we really comparing the death of thousands of completely innocent Americans and other countries' citizens to that of a terror mastermind who has held the world in fear for at least the last 10 years? Where is the logic? Was it right to cheer the death of Hitler? Live by the sword, die by the sword.
I was just finishing reading the last of the comments in here before I was gonna post this exact same thing, so I'm glad you beat me to it. It absolutely boggles my mind when I see people make that comparison.

Also, Rashard Mendenhall is a ****ing idiot. And before anyone comes at me with the "freedom of speech, he's allowed to have an opinion" crap, just save it because that's not the point I'm trying to make. If he doesn't agree with people celebrating the death of OBL, fine, that's his opinion, and though I don't agree with it and have no problem admitting I was at ground zero all night Sunday celebrating the death of this ******* and continue (and will continue) to celebrate it, he's certainly entitled to his opinion. But what on earth is he thinking when he says "It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side..." I just, I don't even have the words to describe the absurdity of this. First of all, we've heard him speak. We've heard him speak plenty of times about death to America. His actions over the past 2 decades speak WAY louder than his words. We've only heard one side? What the **** does that even mean?!?! Yes Rashard, I'm sure OBL has a perfectly reasonable explanation for everything he's done. ****ing moron. And I'm not even gonna get started on his tweet (that he deleted) about the conspiracy theory ******** surrounding 9/11.

Also, pld459666...it's refreshing to me to see your comments because I share your EXACT sentiments regarding this entire situation (and OT, but same goes for that debate you had about targeting Mike Green's head, agreed with you 100%). I'm so glad this piece of **** is dead, and I'll continue to celebrate it and am not afraid to admit it. My only regret is that his body wasn't sent back to America to be used as a human pinata.

Old
05-04-2011, 12:33 AM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Yes I do, thanks for not coming off as an AH in your response. I really wasn't trying to come off as trying make you look dumb by the "what are you saying", I really didn't know.

I apologize to you and other OTers, as you just enlightened me on how OT threads work. I hardly visit OT threads when I come here so please excuse my not paying attention.

However, please don't compare Hockey and jersey shore as the same ol thing! (not saying your philosophy is wrong, but y'know?!?) ...and I'll bleet at ANY of the CRAP that overtook MTV alllllll day.
Believe me, I detest Jersey Shore and all things reality T.V., but at the end of the day entertainment is entertainment, and either way people are distracted from the reality of the world around them by being immersed in whatever entertainment they choose to indulge in. To some, it's just a form of relaxation, to others escapism. Where both are just varying extremes of the same thing, really.

Hockey may not be as inane as fist-pumping guidos, but there are plenty of people who would laugh at us for watching grown men chasing frozen rubber on ice skates and beating each other up senselessly.

As much as I love hockey, I wouldn't blame them for laughing. It's all a matter of perspective.

rip
Old
05-04-2011, 12:35 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Believe me, I detest Jersey Shore and all things reality T.V., but at the end of the day entertainment is entertainment, and either way people are distracted from the reality of the world around them by being immersed in whatever entertainment they choose to indulge in. To some, it's just a form of relaxation, to others escapism. Where both are just varying extremes of the same thing, really.

Hockey may not be as inane as fist-pumping guidos, but there are plenty of people who would laugh at us for watching grown men chasing frozen rubber on ice skates and beating each other up senselessly.

As much as I love hockey, I wouldn't blame them for laughing. It's all a matter of perspective.
And then i'd laugh as I headbutt them in the nose and watch them writhe on the floor.

Wait, huh?

Old
05-04-2011, 12:44 AM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
And then i'd laugh as I headbutt them in the nose and watch them writhe on the floor.

Wait, huh?

As long as you pull the shirt over the head first, it's completely acceptable.

Old
05-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:

As long as you pull the shirt over the head first, it's completely acceptable.
Shirt, gloves, stick.

Old
05-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

see what i did there

Old
05-04-2011, 01:39 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Shirt, gloves, stick.
Mighty Ducks Style

Old
05-04-2011, 03:35 AM
eco's bones

Michael Scheuer--the CIA agent who once--pre 9-11 led the Bin Laden tracking unit laid a lot of OBL's political/religious motivations out in his book Imperial Hubris which was published several years ago. A lot of the reasons expressed again and again by Bin Laden etal. are not that wild in the context of the region and the average mindset of the people they come from. That is one reason why he's had ample support over the years from other Moslems.

US foreign policy could change at least in some respects to ratchet down some of the differences between the two worlds to our own benefit. Trying to understand--being willing to compromise is not always a bad thing.

That being said after the first WTC attempt, after the Cole bombing--there was no letting this guy off the hook--if we ever caught up with him. The atrocious mass murder on 9-11--the only thing I can say is 9 and a half years to catch up with this ****er. He had to die however and whenever. I don't like to think in these kinds of terms either but he brought it on himself and was fully deserving of the fate he got the other night.

One other thing these guys would bomb us into some kind of rigid religious fundamentalist stone age dogmatism. Personally I would rather kill myself than live in such a world--and it doesn't matter--Moslem, Jewish, Christian--all have fanatics that really don't give a damn about anything but their own narrow viewpoints.

Old
05-04-2011, 04:04 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

The only thing I can really say is that Osama deserved to die. He murdered thousands of innocent people, and he inspired terror and hate by his speeches alone. The guy was a lunatic, but like most lunatics with a position of power, he was also a genius. He knew what he was doing when he planned the bombings, 9-11, and all the other terrible **** that he orchestrated.

Old
05-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 2679
Btw any one know how to have like the signature under every post? Where can I go to put what I want there?

Old
05-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
Btw any one know how to have like the signature under every post? Where can I go to put what I want there?
you have to become a sponser

Old
05-04-2011, 05:46 AM
Loffen
Cup mode: ON

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...-4-the-revenge

Jaws 4 FTL.

Old
05-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Hey guise. OT Thread ≠ srs bsns.

Old
05-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Hey guise. OT Thread ≠ srs bsns.
I was under the assumption that this was a place to accuse of and establish mad.

Old
05-04-2011, 01:23 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Any Long Islanders ever play or go to Costal Sports in Happauge? I have a basketball game there Monday night and wanted to know if anyone has been there before.

Closed Thread