HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Sharks Series/Season Postmortem

Old
04-26-2011, 01:22 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Maybe the guy just had to use the restroom

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:22 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
"I was in a hurry to go make sure Kopitar's ankle was OK"

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:24 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I agree with all of this in a big way.

I would also like to add that Lewis is officially the new Zus on defense. The dude is our PK at forward and in terms of stepping up in Kopi's absence Lewis did that more than anybodyon the team. He effectively made Kopi missing from the PP a non factor in the series.

Of all the things i loved about this season, watching a prospect bloom in the so-called later stages of development (otherwise known as the Detroit stage) after so many had written him off as a waste f a first round pick, was truly at the top of the list.

It's like watching a son grow up, ahh so comforting. Love you Trevor, great season bro

Old
04-26-2011, 01:24 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Just got back. So hard to see three losses at home in person. I'm confident we'll have a great team next season, but a tough one to swallow right now. Great season boys, we gave em hell.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:25 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Stop the TM bashing he shook hands with the coaches and that is what they usaully do.

Nothing wrong there so don't post ****** comments. Some of you .......!!!!

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:26 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I have seen coaches do that before (shake hands with the opponents coaches and then bolt on the players).

I stood behind Kilrea when I was POSITIVE he was going to take a swing at a coach and he just tucked his thumbs into his belt and said "Jimmy, great Fing series but you know we aren't finished".

Then he shook every player and asst coaches hand and wished them the championship.

The lowest thing I had said or done to me was by an opponent in a handshake line who said "Guy, I really really really hate your fing guts, GO DIE".

I leaned in tried to kiss him on the cheek.

We fought four times that next year and he is the guy who knocked out 3 of my teeth. Maybe the kiss was a bad idea. Ah those glorious Bantaam Days.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Leo W

vCash: 50
"We all want a win here, there’s no doubt. I don’t think in anyone’s minds that we love playing here, we love playing for the Kings, we love playing hockey and playoff hockey is so much fun. No one in here wanted to lose today obviously, and we fully believe we could have won it that’s why we’re so disappointed."
-Drew Doughty

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
He is a 5 / 6 dman. Don't expect him to be something he is not. He wears an "A" because he is a great team guy.
He makes a little too much for what he does and he tends to make boneheaded plays and lose his head too often during the playoffs for it to be worth playing him. You can't make the kind of mistakes he does when everything is on the line and he's one of the older players on the team.

Also Sharks fans are a classy bunch. Thanks guys. Let's beat the Ducks into submission next season eh.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Murray's old, guys, do you want him walking around on the slippery ice and falling? That's dangerous!

Seriously though, he shook the other coaches hands, coaches don't always go through the line.

Great season, guys. I'm excited for next year.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post

It's like watching a son grow up, ahh so comforting. Love you Trevor, great season bro
what would you do if the kings let him walk

DAkings20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:29 AM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
Yeah, he shook hands with the coaching staff but not the players. I guess he's old school and haven't been in the playoffs enough recently to learn the new ways of doing things.

It's all good. He's a senile man. All that matters is that we, internet fanbases, shook hands metaphorically.
He's a relic lol. Glad you guys realize that too.

I can't believe we have no hockey for months now. Damn.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:32 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
what would you do if the kings let him walk
Hahaha neveeeerrr!! He was so clutch with that game tying goal, just needs to work on his puck handling skills because his skating ability is really nice to watch. Once he can catch his hands up to his skating, he'll be one hell of a player

Old
04-26-2011, 01:32 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Granny "YOU DARN KIDS GET OFF OF THAT ICE! HECK NO I AINT GOIN OUT THERE, I'LL BREAK MY HIP AND CATCH MY DEATH OF COLD! Cornflowered KIDS!"

The idea that he is too old to go out on the ice has me laughing.

Old
04-26-2011, 01:33 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
He's a relic lol. Glad you guys realize that too.

I can't believe we have no hockey for months now. Damn.
When's prospect camp?

KingLB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:33 AM
Shellz

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:39 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Oh wow, they're going about it publicly on twitter too.. This might actually erupt lol, going to be all over the twitter world. Setoguchi AND Mayers both tweeted it lol..

Setoguchi's twitter:

Mayers' twitter:
While I think TM should have shook hands, seems just as classless to be tweeting about it and calling him out.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:40 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

If I could make one certain move this offseason, remove one part of the team it would be the failed experiment that is Stevens.

If you can't see the major difference in how our team's entire D system INCLUDING the way our d works on the PP since last season (ala Harpo) then we gotta talk because you missed a ton.

Stevens wasn't good in Philly and isn't good here. We need a different D coach imo.

Old
04-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Good series you guys. Don't worry, your time will come. I have to admit, in all the years I've watched hockey, this is the first time I could not muster any anger up at a single one of the players on a Sharks' playoff opponent during their series. Like honestly, not even one. Even though Doughty was walking a fine line with his cross-checks, I still could not get myself angry towards him.

Oh, and up until this series, I always thought Kyle Clifford was some kind of goon. He certainly looked the part. Turns out he is actually a decent player.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:48 AM
123slam

All you Murray haters need to relax. What he did is not out of the ordinary.

Also, Setoguchi tweeting about it is classless. He's young, sure, whatever...go tweet about what sandwich you just ate. Mayers should know better (he's been in the playoffs before). They probably bashed on Murray in the dressing room.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:50 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
If I could make one certain move this offseason, remove one part of the team it would be the failed experiment that is Stevens.

If you can't see the major difference in how our team's entire D system INCLUDING the way our d works on the PP since last season (ala Harpo) then we gotta talk because you missed a ton.

Stevens wasn't good in Philly and isn't good here. We need a different D coach imo.
Stevens??? Kompon is the issue why Stevens enlighten me please.

Got to go now but I will read it later if you post.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:51 AM
LEN

Quick - Is a stud. Hope he serves the Kings well for years. Very impressive.

Clifford - Had no idea he was so young. What a talent. Just seems to be in the right place at the right time.

Williams - The man rolled the dice at the start of the series and won. Glad he didnt push himself to the point of injury and still was a huge part of the team.

Brown - Born Leader. He can really rally when it seems flat. Great passing. Great future for the Kings.

Kopitar- Hope to see you next year.

LEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
Once I calm down I'll come post in here.
shoulda done THIS ^ before you did this V .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
Drew are you joking? PP are you joking? ARE YOU JOKING KINGS? **** this **** I have to deal with this enough living in Buffalo. Christ.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:57 AM
yankeeking

I have been thru this many times with the kings , a great playoff series only to lose and then some stupid decisions during the off season due to money, bad management or just the hockey gods not liking west coast hockey whatever but THIS time it will be different, DL WILL get us the secondary scoring needed, a couple of the kids WILL make current roster players expendable for trade bait, Penner WILL come to camp in shape and learn the system and someone in the junior rank WILL make the team in camp and score 20 goals next year, I nominate Vey, so again it is a great time to be a KINGS fan.......

PS fire Kompon in the mean time that 5 min major was embarrassing only 3 shots on net, damn it

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:00 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Stevens is responsible for everything that each of our defencemen do on the ice and is also one of the three voices who are the architects of our "system". Its getting early so I will ask you to take a look at how our D activated this year vs last year and how effective they were in comparison.

Stevens is the person responsible for the changes that our D as an entire part of our system that was set to improve our 5 on 5 scoring. Is he a good coach? Sure, he can coach. Did he make us a better team overall than Hardy did? that is where I think he should be replaced.

I have a ton more but would start with that. I am dead tired but look forward to talking about this with you or anyone interested.

Old
04-26-2011, 02:00 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Future looks bright for the Kings, so I'll certainly have them as my second/bandwagon in 5 years gem the Sharks are cellar-dwellers and the only reason to go on HF is for mock drafts.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote