HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garden Grove Foot Hockey League (we drive from Upland)

Old
05-09-2011, 04:24 PM
grncobra76

vCash: 500
Garden Grove Foot Hockey League (we drive from Upland)

Hey ya'll,
Our team is looking for someone that would like to play goalie. We have games on SAT and SUN. Most of the games are 10AM.
Don't worry about league fees, we are desperate for a goalie. We do have some equipment, not the best but it can get things done.
i suited up last weekend tried to channel J Quick, but I got taken behind the shed and shelled 8-0. I think I channeled Dan Cloutier more then anything.

We are also always looking for players so feel free to post or PM me.

grncobra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Kings man 4 life

Garden Grove the nearest foot hockey league?

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Defgarden

Is this like field hockey?

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

It is like roller hockey without skates. They probably play with a ball too. Where do they do this at? That park of Chapman? I know there was a roller hockey rink there.

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 02:23 PM
grncobra76

Ya that is the closest foot hockey league.
No it's like full contact hockey but on feet.
We play in rink, concrete surface.
It's a blast!
Our team was named after the Calgary Hitmen, we used the old E "H" instead since it was too expensive for Calgary Hitmen logo.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Like I said we are looking for a goalie, but if anybody wants to come and sub let me know!

Buddy is right, no skates and bouncing ball....fun!
22W off of Garden Grove Blvd. N of the freeway.

League info:
http://www.socalstreethockey.com/about.html

Last edited by grncobra76: 05-10-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old
05-10-2011, 03:29 PM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

I miss playing there; Back when it was the CSHA. It's a ton of fun.

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

That is pretty cool. I already play enough ice and roller to even consider something like that but I think it is cool that it exists. It seems like it would be a good way to get kids (I know you are adults) into hockey too without as much of the expense.

Old
05-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
You use the same stick I use My favorite stick, and I buy it in bulk. The Koho 2100 Ultimate.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

You look like a regular Craig McTavish or Ron Duguay without the helmet on.

Old
05-10-2011, 04:10 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You use the same stick I use My favorite stick, and I buy it in bulk. The Koho 2100 Ultimate.
Really? After using composite, I don't think I can ever go back to wood/fiberglass. I could see how using the Koho could save a lot of money though.

Is Koho still around, didn't they go out of business? I have some of their gloves, they're cheap and super light weight, but that's what I like about them.

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Is Koho still around, didn't they go out of business? I have some of their gloves, they're cheap and super light weight, but that's what I like about them.
A lot of the companies merged since the market was inundated. Reebok bought Koho, off the top of my head Koho is limited to goalie equipment, ABS blades, and wood/ABS sticks nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grncobra76
Our team is looking for someone that would like to play goalie. We have games on SAT and SUN. Most of the games are 10AM.
If I'm ever up in OC on a Saturday morning, I could probably fill in. May have played against you guys at some point if you have gone to the Vegas tournament.

Brodeur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Koho, Jofa and CCM were all one company really and it was purchased by Reebok. They have continued operating those brand names in varying capacities for equipment but CCM is the one that's stuck with any kind of prominence. Plus a lot of the earlier Reebok stuff were things CCM produced that they slapped a vector logo on.

Nike purchased Bauer but that was some time ago now.

05-10-2011, 04:39 PM
grncobra76

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFanInRI View Post
I miss playing there; Back when it was the CSHA. It's a ton of fun.
Use to have 2 rinks? The 2nd rink is thrashed but they are in the process of repairing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
That is pretty cool. I already play enough ice and roller to even consider something like that but I think it is cool that it exists. It seems like it would be a good way to get kids (I know you are adults) into hockey too without as much of the expense.
No prob, I wanted to play roller but we could not find a enough people..and I suck on skates. It's actually a lot harder. You can't pull of the same moves you would in roller or ice. Fun to watch all the roller/ice guys try a move it's like watching a train wreck.

Quote:
You look like a regular Craig McTavish or Ron Duguay without the helmet on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Heh that's not me..I wear a helmet and shield. I like some sort of protection.
I'm the one wearing the "C".
I use a Sherwood solid wood..sadly it's endorsed by Bobby Ryan. It was on sale....
[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If I'm ever up in OC on a Saturday morning, I could probably fill in. May have played against you guys at some point if you have gone to the Vegas tournament.
Nice, let me know. We have a double header on SAT and a game on SUN. Going to be a fun weekend.

Last edited by grncobra76: 05-10-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old
05-10-2011, 05:14 PM
johnjm22

I've never played Ball hockey before, but it sure does look like fun. If I didn't live in Barstow I'd totally be down to do it.

Old
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Defgarden

If I wasn't already doing Ice Hockey on weekends I'd be down for this too.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:58 AM
grncobra76

Quote:
I've never played Ball hockey before, but it sure does look like fun. If I didn't live in Barstow I'd totally be down to do it.
Is Claremont too far? We are trying to talk the city of Claremont to start the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
If I wasn't already doing Ice Hockey on weekends I'd be down for this too.
Heh ya all my roller/ice friends said the same thing. BUT we have room for you anytime!

Old
05-11-2011, 12:02 PM
johnjm22

I could do Claremont occasionally.

Old
05-11-2011, 12:03 PM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

Wonder if KingsVision can find the segment that PT did circa 1990 about the league.....

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grncobra76 View Post
Is Claremont too far? We are trying to talk the city of Claremont to start the same thing.
I used to play there when I was a kid. Apparently,they've made some upgrades to the rink over the years. I haven't been there in years but I heard they started locking the rink up. I don't understand why cities do that. I understand they want to protect their investment but it should be there for the public's enjoyment. I play down in Belmont Shore in Long Beach and they only unlock the rinks for games on the weekends. I'd go over the after work and shoot pucks if it were open.

A few friends and I go skate at Wingate Park in Covina on the weekends occasionally. There is a full size rink there and the rinks are wide open. You just need nets. You could get pick up going there if you got enough people. Just an idea.. and it is the price is right: FREE!

Old
05-11-2011, 03:01 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Upland to Garden Grove is quite a commute, you guys are dedicated.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
How about Long Beach to Riverside? Yeah I'm the retard that does that drive. But those are some of my good friends I play with so it is basically like driving 50 miles to hangout. I could play in Lakewood and that is a 4 mile drive.

Old
05-11-2011, 04:03 PM
grncobra76

Quote:
I could do Claremont occasionally.
OK, I'll let you know if anything comes to fruition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFanInRI View Post
Wonder if KingsVision can find the segment that PT did circa 1990 about the league.....
He, that would be something else. I was a freshman in high school.

Quote:
I used to play there when I was a kid. Apparently,they've made some upgrades to the rink over the years. I haven't been there in years but I heard they started locking the rink up. I don't understand why cities do that. I understand they want to protect their investment but it should be there for the public's enjoyment. I play down in Belmont Shore in Long Beach and they only unlock the rinks for games on the weekends. I'd go over the after work and shoot pucks if it were open.

A few friends and I go skate at Wingate Park in Covina on the weekends occasionally. There is a full size rink there and the rinks are wide open. You just need nets. You could get pick up going there if you got enough people. Just an idea.. and it is the price is right: FREE!
It's open now. They had it locked cause they were having vandalism problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Yah..we were just having pickup games in Claremont every month, but my buddy use to play in the socalstreethockey league so we decided to create a team.
So far the drive has been worth it, lot's of fun. We are 0-4 right now but the most fun for me is watching our team grow, build some chemistry and just have fun.
Our defense is solid we just can't generate enough scoring chances. Not enough shots or time in the offensive zone. Still our goalie now would much rather come out and play D, so that is why I'm searching for a goal tender.
I posted on craigslist too, lol.

Old
05-11-2011, 04:34 PM
johnjm22

I've been trying to get into a roller league for awhile so I check Craigslist all the time for Hockey Player Wanted ads. I think I saw yours on there. I wanted to play in the Fontana league, but it's hard to get into unless you know somebody, or have enough players to start your own team.

Old
05-11-2011, 04:53 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
How about Long Beach to Riverside? Yeah I'm the retard that does that drive. But those are some of my good friends I play with so it is basically like driving 50 miles to hangout. I could play in Lakewood and that is a 4 mile drive.
I play in Riverside as well. I was on a Riverside and Lakewood team on Sundays so I would have to make the trek to both rinks in one day and then back to Yorba Linda. When you get on teams that make the drive worth it it's hard to quit. Free socks and jerseys is my paycheck.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Really? After using composite, I don't think I can ever go back to wood/fiberglass. I could see how using the Koho could save a lot of money though.

Price is part of it, for the price of one good composite stick I can buy like 6-7 wooden sticks, but it is mostly feel. I grew up with wood sticks and I have tried quite a few composite, but I always regress back to the wood and fiberglass. Those Koho sticks last forever too, they are thick and heavy and one or two sticks can last you an entire season, and I like have some on the side in case I go to an outdoor rink to practice. It's just the perfect curve, weight, feel, and durability for me. Usually get them here:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/koho2100sr-4pk.html

Temporarily out of stock

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote