HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Troy Brouwer to the Leafs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-26-2011, 05:24 AM
  #1
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,671
vCash: 500
Troy Brouwer to the Leafs

Everybody knows we need a top line center and we do but the fact is our bottom 6 is not good enough either we need to add a couple more quality players to fill out the 3rd line espically.

Troy Brouwer is a guy I have been a fan of for a while we can play both wings and at 6-2 214 LBS I think he has the perfect size to play on our 3rd line with Armstrong. The question is what would the Hawks want for him.

IMO he is the defition of a Burke type player and at 25 he fits the age group of this team PERFECTLY

Like I said right now I think our bottom 6 has a few holes espically when you consider the health of Orr I think Burke needs to target a guy like Troy Brouwer and I think he will.

That said what would the Hawks want in Return?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:27 AM
  #2
MTP
I Love Shinpads
 
MTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Joliet, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,657
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
A gritty/veteran 4th line center/bottom pairing defenseman plus a mid round pick probably? I don't see the Hawks resigning him this summer but that doesn't mean they wouldn't get all the value they can out of him. Bowman has a pretty good track record with completely fleecing teams (see: Barker for Leddy+Johnsson, Skille for Salak+Frolik) so who knows.

Then again I could be talking out of my ass, I don't know of any Toronto assets of the top of my head that fit that description.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 06:23 AM
  #3
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is
 
Poignant Discussion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Gatineau, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,757
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Last thing the Leafs need is yet another bottom 6 player. Bozak, Armstrong, Kadri is the third line next year...accept it

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 07:22 AM
  #4
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,502
vCash: 500
I like the idea. You can have Brouwer, but what would be the return?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 07:31 AM
  #5
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
Last thing the Leafs need is yet another bottom 6 player. Bozak, Armstrong, Kadri is the third line next year...accept it
see the problem with that is it isn't good enough so no I won't accept it I want a QUALITY 3rd line

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:09 AM
  #6
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
Last thing the Leafs need is yet another bottom 6 player. Bozak, Armstrong, Kadri is the third line next year...accept it
Brouwer has spent a good amount of time on our top line with Toews/Kane. He didn't look terrible up there either. He's hit a dry spell late this season though.

Just saying.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:14 AM
  #7
re5piration
'67 til
 
re5piration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,433
vCash: 500
Rather just try to sign Upshall in the offseason. Do not want Brouwer.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:14 AM
  #8
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,670
vCash: 500
Brouwer would be the perfect fit for the Leafs -- but not on the 3rd line. He'd end up playing on the top line with Kessel, and actually be a pretty good fit.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:45 AM
  #9
Shaun_W_W
Registered User
 
Shaun_W_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Brouwer would be the perfect fit for the Leafs -- but not on the 3rd line. He'd end up playing on the top line with Kessel, and actually be a pretty good fit.
What? jfried making another post about needing a top line winger to play with Kessel when everyone including Burke has said that will be Lupul. Shocker.

If Brouwer could be had for a late pick I would do it, otherwise it doesn't make sense for the Leafs perspective IMO.

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:09 PM
  #10
veedubn1
Registered User
 
veedubn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 500
Our bottom two lines didn't cost us any games this year.

Unless it only costs us a 3rd or 4th rounder to get Brouwer.. I don't see any reason to not have Kadri, Boyce and Armstrong as our 3rd line next season.

Fourth line would be either Brent or Zigomanis, Orr and Brown.

Pretty simple.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:12 PM
  #11
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Brouwer would be the perfect fit for the Leafs -- but not on the 3rd line. He'd end up playing on the top line with Kessel, and actually be a pretty good fit.
You don't like Lupul on a line with Kessel, yet Brouwer works?

Yikes.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:31 PM
  #12
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
I want Brouwer.

MAKE IT SO!

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:19 PM
  #13
hdtrax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,324
vCash: 500
Don't want him. Overrated 3rd line plug.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:54 PM
  #14
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs
 
BBSeabs27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Hardly overrated. He is what people are saying he is. Potential 20-25 goal scorer who uses the body.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:09 PM
  #15
thalegion
Registered User
 
thalegion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 500
Love how one of the most coveted positions is being called overrated

Here's how teams should pay their premium players

7-4-1

7 forwards top 2 lines and 3rd line center

Top 4 d

1 goalie

Everything else are useful plugs, 3rd line centers win cups

thalegion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:31 PM
  #16
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
A gritty/veteran 4th line center/bottom pairing defenseman plus a mid round pick probably? I don't see the Hawks resigning him this summer but that doesn't mean they wouldn't get all the value they can out of him. Bowman has a pretty good track record with completely fleecing teams (see: Barker for Leddy+Johnsson, Skille for Salak+Frolik) so who knows.

Then again I could be talking out of my ass, I don't know of any Toronto assets of the top of my head that fit that description.
So does Burke. I think if Burke does go after Brouwer it would probably benefit both teams and but i doubt they'd consider giving up prospects or picks higher than the 4th round. Im guessing if Burke were to make an offer it would be something like this:

To Toronto
Troy Brouwer
To Chicago
2011 4th round pick, Frederik Sjostrom

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:19 PM
  #17
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_W_W View Post
What? jfried making another post about needing a top line winger to play with Kessel when everyone including Burke has said that will be Lupul. Shocker.

If Brouwer could be had for a late pick I would do it, otherwise it doesn't make sense for the Leafs perspective IMO.
Oh ya, I forgot that what Brian Burke says is always right.... no wonder he's managed to keep a cap team out of the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
You don't like Lupul on a line with Kessel, yet Brouwer works?

Yikes.
Brouwer is 6'3 215 and excels in the dirty areas of the rink. That's exactly the kind of player Kessel needs on his left wing.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:34 PM
  #18
Shaun_W_W
Registered User
 
Shaun_W_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
So does Burke. I think if Burke does go after Brouwer it would probably benefit both teams and but i doubt they'd consider giving up prospects or picks higher than the 4th round. Im guessing if Burke were to make an offer it would be something like this:

To Toronto
Troy Brouwer
To Chicago
2011 4th round pick, Frederik Sjostrom
Sjo is a UFA

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:35 PM
  #19
mcinnesja
Registered User
 
mcinnesja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pembroke
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
With Mac possibly gone, Kadri could move up to the 2nd line

A third line of Brower-Bozak-Armstrong, would be great for u next season.

But Im still not sure how Burke/Bowman could make it work trade wise.
They both have a history of fleesing other gm's in trades, and the Hawks could use the cap room.....
so it would come down to which prospect that is almost nhl ready the hawks like that Burke is not sold on and a pick to even things out IMO

mcinnesja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:10 PM
  #20
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinnesja View Post
With Mac possibly gone, Kadri could move up to the 2nd line

A third line of Brower-Bozak-Armstrong, would be great for u next season.

But Im still not sure how Burke/Bowman could make it work trade wise.
They both have a history of fleesing other gm's in trades, and the Hawks could use the cap room.....
so it would come down to which prospect that is almost nhl ready the hawks like that Burke is not sold on and a pick to even things out IMO
Would MacArthur really hold out on yet another contract? I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to losing him but it would just seem like a waste to get nothing for him. Kadri on the 2nd line RW works for me. Lupul will be with Kessel, they just need to find a big body down the middle.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:59 PM
  #21
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
If Chicago is shopping him I could see Montreal targeting him assuming they aren't bringing back Pouliot which I personally hope is the case. I don't think his value is very high at this point though, maybe a mid tier prospect or a 2nd pick.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:13 PM
  #22
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose50 View Post
Rather just try to sign Upshall in the offseason. Do not want Brouwer.
I've met upshall he's from the town I live in he is the LAST person the Leafs should go after he thinks he's the best in the world seriously. If you asked him he'd likely say he could make sid a better player and also likes the party lifestyle to say the LEAST

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:25 PM
  #23
mcinnesja
Registered User
 
mcinnesja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pembroke
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Would MacArthur really hold out on yet another contract? I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to losing him but it would just seem like a waste to get nothing for him. Kadri on the 2nd line RW works for me. Lupul will be with Kessel, they just need to find a big body down the middle.
Well in away, yes.
Im not sure he would care about the $$ so much as he said he would take less to stay where he fit in and was comfortable, but I see it being more about term IMO.
Burkes going to want lesser $$ on a short term deal to make sure his past season is not a fluke before he pays him the big $$
Mac is going to want job security after last off season IMO, especially if he is willing to take less then market value.

mcinnesja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 06:04 PM
  #24
SuperSaiyanBeastmode
Registered User
 
SuperSaiyanBeastmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,958
vCash: 500
no brouwer please, would take away frattin's possible top 9 spot away.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 07:16 PM
  #25
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,813
vCash: 500
I like Brouwer, but the Leafs have no need for him. We need top line talent, getting that improves the bottom-6 by bumping people down. We also were missing quite a few players due to injury for extended periods of time.

Kadri, Bozak, Armstrong, Frattin, and Brown will likely see more games this coming season, meaning we'll see less of Crabb, Rosehill, Sjostrom, and will only see one of Brent/Boyce(either would make a good 4th line C). It's possible that this coming season, we'll have Armstrong on the 4th line, depending on how some of the young guys do. That'd be a pretty damned good sign.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.