HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Troy Brouwer to the Leafs

Old
04-26-2011, 05:24 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Troy Brouwer to the Leafs

Everybody knows we need a top line center and we do but the fact is our bottom 6 is not good enough either we need to add a couple more quality players to fill out the 3rd line espically.

Troy Brouwer is a guy I have been a fan of for a while we can play both wings and at 6-2 214 LBS I think he has the perfect size to play on our 3rd line with Armstrong. The question is what would the Hawks want for him.

IMO he is the defition of a Burke type player and at 25 he fits the age group of this team PERFECTLY

Like I said right now I think our bottom 6 has a few holes espically when you consider the health of Orr I think Burke needs to target a guy like Troy Brouwer and I think he will.

That said what would the Hawks want in Return?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:27 AM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
A gritty/veteran 4th line center/bottom pairing defenseman plus a mid round pick probably? I don't see the Hawks resigning him this summer but that doesn't mean they wouldn't get all the value they can out of him. Bowman has a pretty good track record with completely fleecing teams (see: Barker for Leddy+Johnsson, Skille for Salak+Frolik) so who knows.

Then again I could be talking out of my ass, I don't know of any Toronto assets of the top of my head that fit that description.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Last thing the Leafs need is yet another bottom 6 player. Bozak, Armstrong, Kadri is the third line next year...accept it

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I like the idea. You can have Brouwer, but what would be the return?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 07:31 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
Last thing the Leafs need is yet another bottom 6 player. Bozak, Armstrong, Kadri is the third line next year...accept it
see the problem with that is it isn't good enough so no I won't accept it I want a QUALITY 3rd line

Old
04-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
Brouwer has spent a good amount of time on our top line with Toews/Kane. He didn't look terrible up there either. He's hit a dry spell late this season though.

Just saying.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:14 AM
re5piration
'67 til

Rather just try to sign Upshall in the offseason. Do not want Brouwer.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:14 AM
seanlinden

Brouwer would be the perfect fit for the Leafs -- but not on the 3rd line. He'd end up playing on the top line with Kessel, and actually be a pretty good fit.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Shaun_W_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Brouwer would be the perfect fit for the Leafs -- but not on the 3rd line. He'd end up playing on the top line with Kessel, and actually be a pretty good fit.
What? jfried making another post about needing a top line winger to play with Kessel when everyone including Burke has said that will be Lupul. Shocker.

If Brouwer could be had for a late pick I would do it, otherwise it doesn't make sense for the Leafs perspective IMO.

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:09 PM
veedubn1

Our bottom two lines didn't cost us any games this year.

Unless it only costs us a 3rd or 4th rounder to get Brouwer.. I don't see any reason to not have Kadri, Boyce and Armstrong as our 3rd line next season.

Fourth line would be either Brent or Zigomanis, Orr and Brown.

Pretty simple.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:12 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
You don't like Lupul on a line with Kessel, yet Brouwer works?

Yikes.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:31 PM
DougGilmour93

I want Brouwer.

MAKE IT SO!

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:19 PM
hdtrax

Don't want him. Overrated 3rd line plug.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:54 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Hardly overrated. He is what people are saying he is. Potential 20-25 goal scorer who uses the body.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:09 PM
thalegion

Love how one of the most coveted positions is being called overrated

Here's how teams should pay their premium players

7-4-1

7 forwards top 2 lines and 3rd line center

Top 4 d

1 goalie

Everything else are useful plugs, 3rd line centers win cups

thalegion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:31 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
A gritty/veteran 4th line center/bottom pairing defenseman plus a mid round pick probably? I don't see the Hawks resigning him this summer but that doesn't mean they wouldn't get all the value they can out of him. Bowman has a pretty good track record with completely fleecing teams (see: Barker for Leddy+Johnsson, Skille for Salak+Frolik) so who knows.

Then again I could be talking out of my ass, I don't know of any Toronto assets of the top of my head that fit that description.
So does Burke. I think if Burke does go after Brouwer it would probably benefit both teams and but i doubt they'd consider giving up prospects or picks higher than the 4th round. Im guessing if Burke were to make an offer it would be something like this:

To Toronto
Troy Brouwer
To Chicago
2011 4th round pick, Frederik Sjostrom

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:19 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_W_W View Post
What? jfried making another post about needing a top line winger to play with Kessel when everyone including Burke has said that will be Lupul. Shocker.

If Brouwer could be had for a late pick I would do it, otherwise it doesn't make sense for the Leafs perspective IMO.
Oh ya, I forgot that what Brian Burke says is always right.... no wonder he's managed to keep a cap team out of the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
You don't like Lupul on a line with Kessel, yet Brouwer works?

Yikes.
Brouwer is 6'3 215 and excels in the dirty areas of the rink. That's exactly the kind of player Kessel needs on his left wing.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Shaun_W_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
So does Burke. I think if Burke does go after Brouwer it would probably benefit both teams and but i doubt they'd consider giving up prospects or picks higher than the 4th round. Im guessing if Burke were to make an offer it would be something like this:

To Toronto
Troy Brouwer
To Chicago
2011 4th round pick, Frederik Sjostrom
Sjo is a UFA

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:35 PM
mcinnesja

With Mac possibly gone, Kadri could move up to the 2nd line

A third line of Brower-Bozak-Armstrong, would be great for u next season.

But Im still not sure how Burke/Bowman could make it work trade wise.
They both have a history of fleesing other gm's in trades, and the Hawks could use the cap room.....
so it would come down to which prospect that is almost nhl ready the hawks like that Burke is not sold on and a pick to even things out IMO

mcinnesja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:10 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinnesja View Post
With Mac possibly gone, Kadri could move up to the 2nd line

A third line of Brower-Bozak-Armstrong, would be great for u next season.

But Im still not sure how Burke/Bowman could make it work trade wise.
They both have a history of fleesing other gm's in trades, and the Hawks could use the cap room.....
so it would come down to which prospect that is almost nhl ready the hawks like that Burke is not sold on and a pick to even things out IMO
Would MacArthur really hold out on yet another contract? I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to losing him but it would just seem like a waste to get nothing for him. Kadri on the 2nd line RW works for me. Lupul will be with Kessel, they just need to find a big body down the middle.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Zeroknowledge*

If Chicago is shopping him I could see Montreal targeting him assuming they aren't bringing back Pouliot which I personally hope is the case. I don't think his value is very high at this point though, maybe a mid tier prospect or a 2nd pick.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:13 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose50 View Post
Rather just try to sign Upshall in the offseason. Do not want Brouwer.
I've met upshall he's from the town I live in he is the LAST person the Leafs should go after he thinks he's the best in the world seriously. If you asked him he'd likely say he could make sid a better player and also likes the party lifestyle to say the LEAST

Old
04-26-2011, 05:25 PM
mcinnesja

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Would MacArthur really hold out on yet another contract? I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to losing him but it would just seem like a waste to get nothing for him. Kadri on the 2nd line RW works for me. Lupul will be with Kessel, they just need to find a big body down the middle.
Well in away, yes.
Im not sure he would care about the $$ so much as he said he would take less to stay where he fit in and was comfortable, but I see it being more about term IMO.
Burkes going to want lesser $$ on a short term deal to make sure his past season is not a fluke before he pays him the big $$
Mac is going to want job security after last off season IMO, especially if he is willing to take less then market value.

mcinnesja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 06:04 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

no brouwer please, would take away frattin's possible top 9 spot away.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 07:16 PM
glucker

I like Brouwer, but the Leafs have no need for him. We need top line talent, getting that improves the bottom-6 by bumping people down. We also were missing quite a few players due to injury for extended periods of time.

Kadri, Bozak, Armstrong, Frattin, and Brown will likely see more games this coming season, meaning we'll see less of Crabb, Rosehill, Sjostrom, and will only see one of Brent/Boyce(either would make a good 4th line C). It's possible that this coming season, we'll have Armstrong on the 4th line, depending on how some of the young guys do. That'd be a pretty damned good sign.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote