HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3 Kings to Edm

Old
04-26-2011, 11:13 AM
backhandsauce

vCash: 500
3 Kings to Edm

Stoll, Smyth and Greene.

What does LA want?

backhandsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:33 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I doubt we'd move Stoll, given Zues is moving and we likely won't simply throw Schenn into the second line yet.

Smyth I also assume we won't move, unless we need to create some cap room in the event we sign/trade for a big salary forward.

Greene though I can see moving considering his ice-time, salary and our own prospect depth. I assume they are going to want to work one of Hickey/Voynov/Muzzin into the line up for next year.

What would you offer for him?

Btw, want to take Penner back if you want ex-Oilers in LA so bad?

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:05 PM
funky

start with returning our 1st.
and add Hemsky

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:13 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
start with returning our 1st.
and add Hemsky
I wish.

Edmonton would almost certainly cough up Hemsky and L.A's first rounder for this package.

Smyth plays with Stoll and Hartikainen on what would be a damn damn fine 3rd line.

Greene and Smid play on the 2nd pairing. With Peckham on the third pairing Edmonton's blueline is 1/2 filled with guys who like to lay the smack down.

When Smyth's contract is up he signs for a few mill less per year to retire in Edmonton and he's given the "C".

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:42 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I wish.

Edmonton would almost certainly cough up Hemsky and L.A's first rounder for this package.

Smyth plays with Stoll and Hartikainen on what would be a damn damn fine 3rd line.

Greene and Smid play on the 2nd pairing. With Peckham on the third pairing Edmonton's blueline is 1/2 filled with guys who like to lay the smack down.

When Smyth's contract is up he signs for a few mill less per year to retire in Edmonton and he's given the "C".
Yeah, I'd try to talk Lombardi into taking the 31st instead of LA's 1st, but really, it shouldn't be a deal breaker in this case.

I am wondering if Lombardi would even want to deal with Edmonton again, out of fear of giving up too much for pieces that don't fit in LA.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysauce View Post
Stoll, Smyth and Greene.

What does LA want?
Parjaavi... that's it

Pls fax the papers

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:35 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Parjaavi... that's it

Pls fax the papers
Naw, you can keep them then. No Hall, Eberle, Pajaarvi, Whitney, or 1st overall pick in a deal for these guys.

Old
04-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Omark and Gagner for Stoll and Smyth?

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:50 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
If Greene is included too, then I would think long and hard about this one.

Old
04-26-2011, 03:58 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I would do that deal, and then do everything I could to sign Bieksa.

Hall Hopkins Eberle
Paajarvi Horcoff Hemsky
Smyth Stoll Hartikainen
Jones VV/Lander Cogliano

Whitney Gilbert
Bieksa Greene
Peckham Smid
Petry

That team could make the playoffs and be a terrifying amount of heart to handle in a series.

notloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I would do this in a heartbeat.

Hemsky instantly becomes the Kings best winger and is exactly the type of player the Kings need on the wing and the Top 6 in general. The Kings have a serious lack of playmakers and Hemsky would greatly improve that.

Plus this deal would free up close $8 million in cap space, coupled with the potential cap increase the Kings could make a serious play at Richards and still be able to re-sign Doughty and the other RFA's.

Maybe Smyth would waive his NTC if his two buddies were going with him.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:23 PM
redcard

Moving Stoll only makes sense if we're looking to make a play for a center elsewhere, i.e. Richards or trading for one better than Stoll. Its not impossible that he'd be available, but given Lombardi's lack of free agent success (in terms of top tier guys) and hesitance to pull off a big trade I find it highly unlikely.

I'd like to trade Smyth/Stoll and go after Richards, but don't anticipate it happening. Another option would be to make the trade and acquire something that we can package and flip for a guy like Jeff Carter....but again...not getting my hopes up.

redcard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Moving Stoll only makes sense if we're looking to make a play for a center elsewhere, i.e. Richards or trading for one better than Stoll.
Where does he fit in though?

I am not a Lombardi fan by any stretch, but he has to be smart enough realize the team cannot go into next season with Stoll as the 2nd line center. He has proven time and time again he is not suited for that role, and ending the season in another one of his "slumps" should be all Lombardi has to see.

Either they are 100% sure that Schenn or Loktionov can step up and be that guy or they are going to make a move, whether it's signing Richards or making a play for another top center in the trade market, there is just no way they can't improve the 2nd line center spot. If Jarret Stoll starts next season on a scoring line the Kings management failed this summer.

Trevor Lewis who was wonderful in the playoff series is going to be the Kings shutdown center for years to come. And should be the Kings 3rd line center next season.

So that leaves a $3.5 million dollar 4th line center who is a Top 10 faceoff guy who excels in the shootout? I guess.

Old
04-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Parjaavi... that's it

Pls fax the papers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Quote:
Why would the Oilers give up their better young players for some overpaid veterans? I can't believe some Oilers fans are actually on board with it.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Why would the Oilers give up their better young players for some overpaid veterans? I can't believe some Oilers fans are actually on board with it.
Agreed. I dont see why the Oilers would be willing to give up any significant pieces for Stoll, Smyth, or Greene. From what ive been reading from LA fans, Smyth is hugely overpaid for what he has to offer, Greene is overpaid and unproductive. Stoll seems to be the only piece with value, and just above one poster mentions that he is a 3rd line center with a fat salary.

Please remind me why any of these players are worth the LA 1st, Hemsky, etc. Im really not seeing it.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 07:27 PM
oilers92

just simply no, their is no reason to add slowing vets to a young team finding its identity, let the rookies and young guys mold there game there is no point in screwing this rebuild up by taking away time from the young guys

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:18 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Where does he fit in though?

I am not a Lombardi fan by any stretch, but he has to be smart enough realize the team cannot go into next season with Stoll as the 2nd line center. He has proven time and time again he is not suited for that role, and ending the season in another one of his "slumps" should be all Lombardi has to see.

Either they are 100% sure that Schenn or Loktionov can step up and be that guy or they are going to make a move, whether it's signing Richards or making a play for another top center in the trade market, there is just no way they can't improve the 2nd line center spot. If Jarret Stoll starts next season on a scoring line the Kings management failed this summer.

Trevor Lewis who was wonderful in the playoff series is going to be the Kings shutdown center for years to come. And should be the Kings 3rd line center next season.

So that leaves a $3.5 million dollar 4th line center who is a Top 10 faceoff guy who excels in the shootout? I guess.
So you want Lewis over Stoll? Lewis had a great playoffs for sure, but he had three goals and 13 points all season. Sorry, until Lewis proves himself offensively over a full season, I stick with Stoll on the third line. Guy is terrific on faceoffs to don't forget, and we were killed in that regard in the playoffs.

As well, what's to say Stoll can't move to the wing? He plays point on the powerplay, I'm sure he can adapt to the wing as well. Personally though I'd rather see Stoll stay on the third line and give Schenn/Loktionov/UFA signee the 2nd line spot out of camp. Having Stoll start the season doen't mean failure though to me, as we can trade for a cntre if need be as the season goes along.

Old
04-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Stoll, Smyth and Greene.

What does LA want?
A star to appear over Bethlehem...

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:18 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

The Omark Gagner return works best for both teams.

Stoll is a very good center who would give you an exceptional 3rd line center who can carry the load on the second line if needed. Greene is a warrior who plays nails hockey in front of the net and would be your second pairing guy for years and Smyth is Smyth.

Omark looks good and I think will be a fine player but needs time and Gagner would be a nice fit right away.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:37 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
So you want Lewis over Stoll? Lewis had a great playoffs for sure, but he had three goals and 13 points all season. Sorry, until Lewis proves himself offensively over a full season, I stick with Stoll on the third line. Guy is terrific on faceoffs to don't forget, and we were killed in that regard in the playoffs.

As well, what's to say Stoll can't move to the wing? He plays point on the powerplay, I'm sure he can adapt to the wing as well. Personally though I'd rather see Stoll stay on the third line and give Schenn/Loktionov/UFA signee the 2nd line spot out of camp. Having Stoll start the season doen't mean failure though to me, as we can trade for a cntre if need be as the season goes along.
That's not fair to Lewis. He played a good chunk of the season on a line with Kevin Westgarth. I'm pretty sure had he been given the same linemates and PP time that Stoll was given the numbers would have been a lot closer.

I know Lewis isn't the faceoff guy Stoll is, but he is a much smarter player in the defensive zone and especially on the PK.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to Stoll being a winger, there is less thinking in the game and that would probably suit him well. He is often times caught up the ice and as a center that is killer, if he is on a line with a solid defensive center, like a Lewis type it could be a good line. But goodluck to this ever being made, Stoll has played as a 2nd line center his entire time here.

Old
04-27-2011, 01:46 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

[QUOTE=Herby;32707731]
Quote:
That's not fair to Lewis. He played a good chunk of the season on a line with Kevin Westgarth. I'm pretty sure had he been given the same linemates and PP time that Stoll was given the numbers would have been a lot closer.
Based on what? until the playoffs, no one was listing Lewis in Stoll's class. He had a great post-season, but six games doesn't change anything in my opinion. Lewis has that upside for sure, and I hope he does turn out to be like that, but I'm not handing him ice time over SToll until he earns it.

Quote:
I know Lewis isn't the faceoff guy Stoll is, but he is a much smarter player in the defensive zone and especially on the PK.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to Stoll being a winger, there is less thinking in the game and that would probably suit him well. He is often times caught up the ice and as a center that is killer, if he is on a line with a solid defensive center, like a Lewis type it could be a good line
I agree. I think Stoll would thrive on a 3rd line as a winger, and we are weak on wing as it is so swinging a decent two-way player to wing can only help. This of course is all based on us placing someone in at centre who can do better, like Loktionov/Schenn/UFA signing (Richards )

Old
04-27-2011, 02:58 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
The Omark Gagner return works best for both teams.

Stoll is a very good center who would give you an exceptional 3rd line center who can carry the load on the second line if needed. Greene is a warrior who plays nails hockey in front of the net and would be your second pairing guy for years and Smyth is Smyth.

Omark looks good and I think will be a fine player but needs time and Gagner would be a nice fit right away.
No it does not we are rebuilding no thx.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 07:32 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Every Oiler fan loves Greene. Hard not to. But the reality is that he is a third pairing defenseman who makes close to $3M for three more years. He has no offense to his game, is rather slow and is going to be 28 years old. Such players do not bring back young offensive top six guys.

Smyth has a nasty contract. He also has a NTC which he would likely only waive for a few teams. Luckily in this case Edmonton might actually be one of the teams he would waive for.

So at this stage LA would be moving either or both of these two for cap/roster space. LA got Smyth with two fewer years of wear for Kyle Quincey and Tom Preissing. At this point the price is likely closer to Tom Preissing.

From the Oiler perspective the player in this proposal who might have some longer term value is Stoll. But he is really a top flight 29 year old third line center who is paid like a second line guy. Unfortunately the Oilers have Horcoff, a decent third line center who is paid like a first liner on the books for the next 35 years.

For a team like the Oilers to give up any asset of significance for these guys would in my opinion be a huge mistake. And I say thia even though I would be very happy to have any of them back with the club.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 08:24 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Stoll, Smyth and Greene.

What does LA want?

Smyth is in play to move money. Stoll and greene are near untouchable

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 09:32 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Because personally, I don't see Omark being a long term fit in the top six. He's flashy and works hard, but he's too lazy on the backcheck and has zero awareness defensively. I like his game, but would rather have pieces that fit our team now and that we can go forward with (Stoll and Greene). Gagner at this point isn't much better than Stoll, and the Oil have serious faceoff issues, so we need a guy like Stoll. I wouldn't trade our young guys for random pieces, but for pieces that fit our team needs, I would do it. Only if Tambellini is planning on drafting RNH or moving Hall to centre in a year or so.