HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

flyers-leafs blockbuster

Old
04-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Hmm, what if we are talking 5 rusted 1979 Toyota Corrolas @ about $150 each vs a 2011 BMW 7 series @ about $125k????

Not saying that the players match up to these numbers but hey, you can't just take 5 Toyotas over 1 BMW without actually knowing what the vehicles are.
Make it 5 Lexus' and that BMW would be on its way to Toronto. Hell, I'd even have Mike Richards deliver the damn thing.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Do you think Kadri is gonna be better than Richards?
To give you a bit of perspective, which you really seem to lack when it comes to young players, lets take a trip into the past. 2 years after Mike Richards was drafted what some Flyers fans had to say about his potential:

Thread
Quote:
I know Mike Richards personally since a young age, and even though I love the guy's attitude, work ethic and heart... Jeff Carter is simply a superior player in nearly every facet and will translate into the better Philadelphia Flyer.

Don't get me wrong, though... Richards can center your third line for the next 15 years and be a Bobby Clarke lovechild, but Carter is going to be putting up 30+ goals, 65+ points per season and be a dominant physical presence for quite some time.

Joni Pitkanen, Carter, Richards, etc... I envy your prospect cabinet, but I'm happy with my NHL roster Avalanche.
Quote:
Forsberg puts up 100+ points in a season when he's healthy, not 75-85. The trouble is, he's rarely healthy for a full season.

At his peak, I see Richards putting up 60 points max, while winning a few Selkes.
Quote:
I agree with you pax. Lets just say I think he will be an excellent pro but Forsberg - never. His offensive upside is not that of one of the top 5 in the league. I think the comparisons to a healthy Peca are more likely.
No one expected Richards to have the ceiling he has now, and to be so ignorant as to say Kadri's ceiling isn't close to what Richards is now is foolish to say the least.

All in my opinion of course.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:16 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyutah View Post
Leafs: Mike Richards

Flyers: Nazem Kadri, Keith Aulie, Bos 1st, Leafs 2nd, cap space

Please don't yell at me flyers fans I know he's your captain and pretty much untouchable but this is a really nice package. I think Richards would be a great long term number one center for the leafs.
Flyers take this and run. No way they can turn down future 1st line center and all star Kadri and future Norris winner Aulie.

Good proposal, keep up the great work.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:16 PM
mcinnesja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
No it isn't a nice package at all.

-Kadri has low value now because he's hardly developed at all, he's looking like a 2nd line center at best.
-Aullie is a 2nd pairing D-man, probably a 3rd pairing guy on a good team. Big guy who doesn't hit.
-The two picks are decent, but still, it's a mediocre draft.

So essentially Philly is giving up the face of their franchise for a potential 2nd liner, a bottom pairing defenseman and two picks that might turn into average players.
I dont find the OP's offer near enough, nor is he a player I could see them moving any time soon.
But to say Aulie does not hit, is completely unfair. He played 40 games, 25 or so of which was on our top pairing, and he did have 98 hits.
Which over the course of a 82 game season would have had him right up their with the top hitters on your team.
He just doesn't make the bone jarring hit very often, but then again with his size he doesn't have to either.

Last edited by mcinnesja: 04-26-2011 at 02:38 PM.
mcinnesja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
To give you a bit of perspective, which you really seem to lack when it comes to young players, lets take a trip into the past. 2 years after Mike Richards was drafted what some Flyers fans had to say about his potential:

Thread

No one expected Richards to have the ceiling he has now, and to be so ignorant as to say Kadri's ceiling isn't close to what Richards is now is foolish to say the least.

All in my opinion of course.
Excuse me for taking the proven commodity over someone who COULD be as good as Richards. COULD be. How about we trade Caron for Richards? Caron wsa a first round pick, he COULD be as talented as Richards, so that looks like fair value eh?

I apologize for hinting at the fact that Kadri wont be as good as Richards. Let me re phrase: It is my opinion that this trade isn't enough from Torontos side. Nazem Kadri, while a great prospect, is in my opinion not going to be better than a top ten, 26 year old, selke award finalist center. He could be though, hes still young. Hell, he could be the next Gretzky too, because anything is possible!

Tim Vezina Thomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:28 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Flyer View Post
Make it 5 Lexus' and that BMW would be on its way to Toronto. Hell, I'd even have Mike Richards deliver the damn thing.
I think the real reason Versteeg was traded was because someone left a nasty note on his car and his car is so sweet he didnt want leafs fans touching it. ...figured he's bound to be less noticed on the Flyers and his car would be safer

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:33 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

This is awful. It's rather annoying when Leafs fans overrate the likes of their prospects and picks...

There is no one on your roster that the Flyers would take for Richards.

And, while I'm at it, there is no one on your roster that the Devils would take for Parise.

So stop.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:50 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
I actually don't care that people make bad proposals around here. But I find it hilarious that he thinks that's a decent package. If you want our best players, we will want your best players, not trash (relatively speaking).

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:51 PM
West Coast Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
i'd take that deal and run with it ...auto $$ value cannot be compared to players

5 x cheap toyota @ ~$15k = 75k
1 x decent BMW ~ $45k
Except that you can only drive so many cars at once. It's not like the Flyers can have more players because of this trade.

So it's more like 5 cheap toyotas vs 1 BMW and 4 kia's

West Coast Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:51 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
I will give you 5 Toyotas for your 1 BMW.
Some Toyota's are nicer and more expensive than some beamers...

JVR21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:57 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Leafs: Mike Richards

Flyers: Nazem Kadri, Keith Aulie, Bos 1st, Leafs 2nd, cap space

Please don't yell at me flyers fans I know he's your captain and pretty much untouchable but this is a really nice package. I think Richards would be a great long term number one center for the leafs.
i love richards but have zero interest in 10 year contracts

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:57 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
To give you a bit of perspective, which you really seem to lack when it comes to young players, lets take a trip into the past. 2 years after Mike Richards was drafted what some Flyers fans had to say about his potential.
I didn't read through that thread, but I'm guessing that the people who expected Richards to put up 60 points and be a 100% defensive centre are the same people who hadn't seen him play.

Edit: Or an Avs fan who expected his team would continue to be uber competitive in the years following 2005.

Last edited by CharlieGirl: 04-26-2011 at 03:05 PM.
CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:01 PM
DMadd

Oh hell yeah the flyers make out like bandits, The best prospect, a norris calibre Dman, and a some draft picks in a deep draft hell yeah.

Ok in all honesty, why in sam hell do the Flyers do this?

DMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:08 PM
FrozenJagrt

I damn near dropped a load in my pants when I saw Leafs fans turning this proposal down. Richards would step in and be the Leafs' best player since Sundin easily. That's a very small price to pay for a player of that level. Philly says no and sends Pronger to steal all the pucks from practice as punishment.

FrozenJagrt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:28 PM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

Jeff Carter would be a slightly less insane target. To any fellow Leafers turning this down, Kadri drew comparisions to Richards when he was drafted, but he's no Richards. Aulie, a 2nd and a 1st or whatever it is not too much of a price to pay.

I would say that 80% of Leaf fans are sane with about 5% who need some help and another 15% of fake fans trolling from other teams. Accurate?

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinnesja View Post
I dont find the OP's offer near enough, nor is he a player I could see them moving any time soon.
But to say Aulie does not hit, is completely unfair. He played 40 games, 25 or so of which was on our top pairing, and he did have 98 hits.
Which over the course of a 82 game season would have had him right up their with the top hitters on your team.
He just doesn't make the bone jarring hit very often, but then again with his size he doesn't have to either.
If he does, fair enough. I don't watch the guy closely, I'm just purely going by the scouting reports I've heard.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:35 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDee View Post
Jeff Carter would be a slightly less insane target. To any fellow Leafers turning this down, Kadri drew comparisions to Richards when he was drafted, but he's no Richards. Aulie, a 2nd and a 1st or whatever it is not too much of a price to pay.

I would say that 80% of Leaf fans are sane with about 5% who need some help and another 15% of fake fans trolling from other teams. Accurate?
I'll agree with those numbers. But it seems like the majority of Leafs fans on HF are from that combined 20% of insane Leaf fans

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Richards grew up in leafs nation, He would be a second captain along with his friend dion ( i don't know that they're friends but they won wjc gold together), he could get 90 pts playing with kessel and lupul. He would be the backbone of our forwards. I could go on all day naming reasons why richards would be perfect for toronto, the tricky part is getting him out of philly without giving assests that make it a lateral move, I think burke could pull it off
Stop you are making my head hurt.

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:29 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
yeah this.

please stop. for our sake.
For everyone's sake actually.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:33 PM
VJ Rangerfan

Send a message via AIM to VJ Rangerfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
I will give you 5 Toyotas for your 1 Bugatti Veyron.
Fixed that for you

VJ Rangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:39 PM
VJ Rangerfan

Send a message via AIM to VJ Rangerfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
I damn near dropped a load in my pants when I saw Leafs fans turning this proposal down. Richards would step in and be the Leafs' best player since Sundin easily. That's a very small price to pay for a player of that level. Philly says no and sends Pronger to steal all the pucks from practice as punishment.

VJ Rangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:46 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
Worst overstatement in the history of HF Boards, WOW

You can keep your cheap shot artist, I would not sell the farm for 23 goals
Yeah why would you want to add the hands down best player the leafs would have for nothing proven? His statement is on the mark.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:48 PM
NoTouchIcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
No it isn't a nice package at all.

-Kadri has low value now because he's hardly developed at all, he's looking like a 2nd line center at best.
Stopped reading there. The fact that you said 'he's looking like a 2nd line center' tells me you don't know what you're talking about.

NoTouchIcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:10 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ Rangerfan View Post
Yeah, i about pissed myself laughing when i read that. Nice reference to Pronger taking the puck in game 5 (or whichever it was) in last years finals.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Gardiner Express
#TankNation

I can guarantee that this is a thread that I'm going to come back to in years and laugh at you guys for laughing at the OP.

Gardiner Express is offline   Reply With Quote