HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News & Notes 2010-2011 III

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
How dumb am I that I have no idea what Malamud is getting at in those tweets?
I don't know exactly but I can tell you for sure that latest Malamud's tweets are very anti-russian. He is speculating much on uncertain things and doesn't filter his thoughts especially when he is writing anything negative.

He isn't russian after all, well.

In the end I can't say he is objective.

Old
09-18-2011, 09:46 PM
exwhaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
I don't know exactly but I can tell you for sure that latest Malamud's tweets are very anti-russian. He is speculating much on uncertain things and doesn't filter his thoughts especially when he is writing anything negative.

He isn't russian after all, well.

In the end I can't say he is objective.
He's making fun of the whole "Semin doesn't care" from the summer, that's all.

"Nuns. No sense of humor."

Old
09-19-2011, 02:37 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Caps Television Schedule

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...and-nba-locko/

Quote:
CSN announced Monday it will air 71 of the Caps' 82 regular-season games. NBC and Versus (to be known as NBC Sports Network in 2012) will exclusively air the other 11.

The tricky part is that 10 Caps games are – as of now – scheduled to be on CSN+, not CSN proper. But that's contingent on the NBA season being played and the Wizards. The network's goal is to split coverage equally between the Caps and Wizards, but if the NBA lockout washes out the season, the Caps games will all be moved to CSN.
Thankfully on Cox Cable CSN+ is HD for me personally.

edit: Here is a link the full schedule on WaPo that looks pretty decent.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ule/index.html

Last edited by usiel: 09-19-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old
09-19-2011, 07:32 PM
BPMrules

Watching the Slugs/Canes stream.
Carolina looks real scrappy, and physical, not too terrible to watch.
No ShaMo or Osala sightings, and Gragnani is playing like he's trying to play himself to the AHL, awful on the power play, and looking generally awful in both ends of the ice.
At least i can finally watch some hockey, so pumped to go to the arena tomm night and see the caps again.

Old
09-20-2011, 09:06 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

http://mediachameleon.tumblr.com/

Newest edition of hockey diaries is available for download (this post).

Amazing work as always.

Old
09-20-2011, 08:38 PM
bonzilla

NHL net is evidently airing the Caps/Blackhawks @ 5pm on Sunday! Just saw.in on Dtv's onscreen guide..Yay!!

Old
09-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Integral

Ovechkin wax statue.

Old
09-23-2011, 12:45 PM
bonzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzilla View Post
NHL net is evidently airing the Caps/Blackhawks @ 5pm on Sunday! Just saw.in on Dtv's onscreen guide..Yay!!
..or not

Old
09-25-2011, 09:26 AM
txpd

boudreau tells katie that the caps need to shoot to score more. that they are not shooting for corners. isnt a major complaint here that the caps skill players shoot to score too much?

Old
09-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I think that's a defensive issue. They have defensemen who just chunk it into the corner instead of shooting on net.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Langway
Proud Mediocrity

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...html#pagebreak
Quote:
“We’re working really hard but we’re not getting the scoring results right now,” Boudreau said. “A lot of times you see players shooting pucks but [not] shooting at corners. After you warm the goalies up, you want [skaters] to focus on shooting to score. The goalies want you to shoot to score because it’s the only way they get better. We also wanted them to go to the net, find rebounds and people in front. It’s the habit of keeping going and not playing on the perimeter.”
I take that as meaning players aren't sharp at what they normally do yet, not that they've shown up and are shooting for rebounds too much or trying to set up their teammates too much.

There has to be another level of offensive execution as a team and until we see those new wrinkles from Boudreau I'm going to doubt to he has it in him to implement. Pushing the pace via transition and relying on sound defensive positioning only gets you so far.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:28 AM
txpd

Quote:
*Boudreau has felt that his players haven’t been focusing enough on putting the puck in the net when they’ve been shooting in practice, and he wanted to nip that before it formed bad habits.

“We’re working really hard but we’re not getting the scoring results right now,” Boudreau said. “A lot of times you see players shooting pucks but they’re not focusing on shooting at corners."
i was more focused on the line above where he specifically talks about shooting for corners.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Millhaus

Well every situation is different so what you are shooting 'for' is often going to be different because of that. If you have a good scoring opportunity you are shooting for corners or 5 hole usually while if it isn't really a good scoring opportunity, and especially if the angle is very acute, shooting in an attempt to force a rebound, especially is you have guys at or going hard to the net is often the better play.

It really is the latter of those two situations where I can take some issue with the Caps' decision making a decent amount, especially the likes of Semin and Ovechkin. Yes they do have the ability to pick corners from areas most wouldn't consider trying to actually score from and once in a blue moon they do pull it off just to remind us all that they can do it. But the vast majority of the time those shots fly over the net and either into the stands, which puts the faceoff outside the zone, or it goes hard off the boards and quickly out with almost no chance of being held in at the blueline. If they took the higher percentage chance and just tried to force the rebound more often on those occasions I think the end results would be better for the team both in goals produced directly from those plays and from being able to sustain pressure by keeping the puck in the zone longer.

Old
09-25-2011, 11:04 AM
txpd

i disagree with you to this extent. ovechkin or semin could be standing 20ft out in the slot. if they shoot over the net, they get crap here. if its a bad angle, sure. often times its between the face off dots 25ft or closer. i am not sure what is expected.

with today's big butterfly goalies even the best shooters will shoot over the net if they are trying to score.

Old
09-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i disagree with you to this extent. ovechkin or semin could be standing 20ft out in the slot. if they shoot over the net, they get crap here. if its a bad angle, sure. often times its between the face off dots 25ft or closer. i am not sure what is expected.

with today's big butterfly goalies even the best shooters will shoot over the net if they are trying to score.
I hear you. I guess I am saying if you draw a line from the near post through the dot in the faceoff circle on that side and then continuing on that line to the line of the circle and then take it on a parallel line to the boards out to the blueline and then do the same thing on the other side of the zone I am cool with Ovechkin or Semin looking to pick corners from pretty much anywhere inside that as missing the net still leaves a decent chance to regain the puck and keep the pressure on.

Outside of that I am looking for more shooting for rebounds type of shots as missing the net on those shots more often than not means the puck quickly ending up out of the zone.

Old
09-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
I hear you. I guess I am saying if you draw a line from the near post through the dot in the faceoff circle on that side and then continuing on that line to the line of the circle and then take it on a parallel line to the boards out to the blueline and then do the same thing on the other side of the zone I am cool with Ovechkin or Semin looking to pick corners from pretty much anywhere inside that as missing the net still leaves a decent chance to regain the puck and keep the pressure on.

Outside of that I am looking for more shooting for rebounds type of shots as missing the net on those shots more often than not means the puck quickly ending up out of the zone.
Shooting for rebounds is something I would love to see more of. Its going to be even a bigger thing this season now that we have a few more guys that will go to net.

Old
09-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Vokoun and Walton. Separated at birth.

Old
09-26-2011, 04:38 PM
bonzaibondra12

Was anyone at the Caps Convention, and see the goalie session?

I remember a journalist saying Neuvy rubbed people the wrong way. After watching him during that goalie session, I can see why. I don't know if it was an act but even Joe B. joked calling him an arrogant goalie.

Old
09-26-2011, 04:45 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
Was anyone at the Caps Convention, and see the goalie session?

I remember a journalist saying Neuvy rubbed people the wrong way. After watching him during that goalie session, I can see why. I don't know if it was an act but even Joe B. joked calling him an arrogant goalie.
So what are you saying? Little Neuvy have his little britches in a bunch because the Caps signed Vokoun? If so, that could be both good and/or bad.

Old
09-26-2011, 04:57 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
So what are you saying? Little Neuvy have his little britches in a bunch because the Caps signed Vokoun? If so, that could be both good and/or bad.
Possibly. He did say Vokoun was his idol growing up. However, he said it like he was forced to.

Old
09-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
No. Neuvirth has always been a cocky ****. He probably is pissed about Vokoun, but that's not what that guy was saying.

Old
09-26-2011, 05:12 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
No. Neuvirth has always been a cocky ****. He probably is pissed about Vokoun, but that's not what that guy was saying.
Someone asked how goalies deal with the language barrier with some players.

Neuvy responds "I speak English." And gave the person a bertstare.

Old
09-26-2011, 05:13 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

LOL....was he searching for Semin?

Old
09-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:

Old
09-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
That's silly. Varly was clearly the cancer on this team. Just ask management

Closed Thread