HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What about Peca?

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2004, 07:19 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Difference being the Leafs are contenders... and have a core of older players. Players that would not be traded at any point in time this upcoming season. Mike Peca is a player that could probably be traded within the year.

Leafs are an aging team,with a small window of opportunity left to win the cup with their current roster.

as for Peca... isn't this the same line Leaf fans used last summer?Isles HAVE to move Peca?

Old
07-21-2004, 09:09 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Leafs are an aging team,with a small window of opportunity left to win the cup with their current roster.
That's true (and obvious).

Quote:
... as for Peca... isn't this the same line Leaf fans used last summer?Isles HAVE to move Peca?
Hmm, I wouldn't know.

I don't think I've ever said they have to move him. My point is that if they choose to move him, they will not recieve what you believe is "fair value". Why? I already stated my personal reasons why I believe he won't bring in much.

Injuries, salary, lack of production, decline in performance.

Old
07-21-2004, 02:42 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
That's true (and obvious).

Hmm, I wouldn't know.

I don't think I've ever said they have to move him. My point is that if they choose to move him, they will not recieve what you believe is "fair value". Why? I already stated my personal reasons why I believe he won't bring in much.

Injuries, salary, lack of production, decline in performance.
his value will be detemined by a)will there be a luxury tax and b)will a team that feels they are 1-2 pieces away from a cup, give up the young talent the Isles will want back.

You continue to cite Peca's decline in performance.He finished +17 in the reg. season and then went -1 in the playoffs, against a very offensively talented TB team.teams interested in Peca aren't looking to bring him in for offense,but for his defense and leadership.

Lecavalier
5 games vs. nyi-0 goals,0 assists
4 games vs. Mon-5 goals,2 assists
7 games vs. Philly-4 goals,2 assists
7 games vs. Cal-0 goals,3 assists

Richards
5 games vs. NYI-1 goal,4 assists
4 games vs. Mon-3 goals,1 assists
7 games vs. Philly-4 goals,4 assists
7 games vs. Cal-4 goals,4 assists

St. Louis
5 games vs. NYI-4 goals,1 assists
4 games vs. Mon-0 goals,6 assists
7 games vs. Philly-1 goal,6 assists
7 games vs. Cal-4 goals,2 assists

Old
07-21-2004, 02:57 PM
chara

Peca can still play and if the Isles want to unload him, it'll be at a trade deadline when teams are looking for missing pieces.

But the Isles will also be in the thick of a playoff race too and Peca's a pretty valuable guy. If Milbury dumps him, it will be a pure and simple salary dump that happened because he's overpaying Yashin by about $4M or so. Which is what Peca makes...pretty sad...if anyone should go its Milbury not Peca...Isles fans should petition for Milbury's firing if Peca is dealt...

Closed Thread