HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

SPHL expansion still in the cards for 2011-12?

Old
04-26-2011, 05:37 PM
paul-laus

vCash: 500
SPHL expansion still in the cards for 2011-12?

Other than Bossier-Shreveport does anyone know of anything substantial in terms of SPHL expansion next year? Are the Mississippi Riverkings also looking to go this route? How about Beaumont and Roanoke? If anybody knows anything it would be greatly appreciated.

paul-laus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:58 AM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Rumors have Laredo, Rio Grande, Texas, Bossier-Shreveport, and Mississippi as possibilities. Beaumont is done with hockey. The ice plant has been dismantled and the Zambonis sold. There's been no recent news out of Roanoke.

FrancoRussianAlaskan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 07:40 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Panda Bolt View Post
Rumors have Laredo, Rio Grande, Texas, Bossier-Shreveport, and Mississippi as possibilities. Beaumont is done with hockey. The ice plant has been dismantled and the Zambonis sold. There's been no recent news out of Roanoke.
Man, another market SWEET DADDY LEO helped kill off, man I HATE that guy.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:29 AM
billycanuck

Not expansion news but the owner of the Pensacola Ice Flyers, Tim Kerr, just purchased the 2011 Champions, Mississippi Surge. Kerr is an ex-NHL forward who played 655 NHL games with Philadelphia, NY Rangers, and Hartford.

http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=14575868

billycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:53 PM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Saw an article about the sale of the Surge to the new owner, at the bottom there is a little tid-bit about possibly finding out if new teams are coming...

Quote:
There is speculation that as many as two or three CHL teams could opt to jump ship for the less-costly SPHL business model. Combs said that teams wanting to participate in the SPHL for the 20-11-2012 season need to have their letters of credit and available home dates to the league by May 15th.

http://www.prohockeynews.com/hockey/...ed_group.shtml

doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 07:34 PM
paul-laus

Are you kidding me? May 17th and nothing yet? Are this year's 8 all still coming back? The CHL's league final can still go on for over a week so that would be ridiculous if the SPHL are waiting on Bossier for the completion of the final.

paul-laus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 08:14 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

This might get deleted, i'm not positive but....word has it...Bossier Shereveport is supposed to announce something during tonights game at some point. Thats just what i've heard

Old
05-18-2011, 07:12 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-laus View Post
Are you kidding me? May 17th and nothing yet? Are this year's 8 all still coming back? The CHL's league final can still go on for over a week so that would be ridiculous if the SPHL are waiting on Bossier for the completion of the final.
Just because there is a deadline to commit to the league doesn't mean it's the deadline to announce it. Unless something changes, all 8 will be returning. Louisiana seems to have found their legs, putting money into an experienced coach as well as a new logo package and marketing campaign.

How would it be ridiculous? There may be legal implications forcing them to wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalsfan1 View Post
This might get deleted, i'm not positive but....word has it...Bossier Shereveport is supposed to announce something during tonights game at some point. Thats just what i've heard
I'm hearing this too. I've also heard that none of the Texas-based teams are staying in the CHL. A Brahma booster posted on another forum that all of the teams have confirmed that they are sending representatives to the league's summer meetings.

FrancoRussianAlaskan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:52 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Just because there is a deadline to commit to the league doesn't mean it's the deadline to announce it. Unless something changes, all 8 will be returning. Louisiana seems to have found their legs, putting money into an experienced coach as well as a new logo package and marketing campaign.

How would it be ridiculous? There may be legal implications forcing them to wait.

I'm hearing this too. I've also heard that none of the Texas-based teams are staying in the CHL. A Brahma booster posted on another forum that all of the teams have confirmed that they are sending representatives to the league's summer meetings.
I listened to the game last night and heard nothing. Just about season tickets. Laredo's fate should be known later tonight I think

Old
05-19-2011, 10:17 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Quote:
Yeah- the Ice Gators seem to be headed in the right direction now.

doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote