HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Toronto (Statsny)

Old
04-26-2011, 08:43 PM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
I do agree with this being overpayment and the fact that Grabo only has one year left on his deal would make Colorado hesitate if he doesnt resign.

I wonder if something around this would work more:

Colborne
Macarthur
Boston's 1st

for

Statsny

Statsny is eating up a lot of capspace while playing on your second line, and Colborne would be a suitable center to play on your second line either next year or the year after.
Statsny can score 80 points while playing a good two way game, which is pretty nice production for 6.6 million. MacArthur doesn't have much value, he's had one good year and a few mediocre ones.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Pure

Leaf fans are so obsessive over Stastny its ridiculous.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 08:48 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

The Avs want to build a better team by acquiring top line high end talent through the draft.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 08:57 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Leaf fans are so obsessive over Stastny its ridiculous.
i don't know why. he's good but there's a bunch of centerman i would try to trade for before him.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:01 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Statsny can score 80 points while playing a good two way game, which is pretty nice production for 6.6 million. MacArthur doesn't have much value, he's had one good year and a few mediocre ones.
Its nice production, but its still high, considering two of the best players in the league make less.

Well I'm just putting what would be fair value for Stastny imo.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
****in way too much from the Leafs.

That's right, I said it; our team and ownership is flush, yours isn't.

Both 1sts
Ross
MacArthur (signed @ 2.9 for 2)
Rynnas

Is what any such trade would really look like in reality.

Oh, that's right, I forgot that the Avs are suddenly flat broke and are desperate to give Stastny away for Toronto's spare parts. Hate to burst your bubble, but repeating this myth won't make it true.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:07 PM
PeterTheGreat

Leaf fans make it sound as if they are doing us a favor by taking Stastny. "He makes 6.6 and plays on your 2nd line".

First off, the Avs not only have a TON of cap space, they almost NEED Stastny to stay somewhat close to the cap floor.

Secondly, Stastny plays on the 2nd line in name only. He often plays more than Duchene. Stastny had a down year where his linemates all got hurt/traded (Stewart/Galiardi/Fleischmann). He was playing with Porter and Jones for most of the year. Jones is pretty good, but Porter is not even close to top six material. Stastny is very capable of being a PPG two way centerman. He's already done it for a few years.

Also another point, just because we have Duchene now does not mean we should trade Stastny. The Avs won 2 cups with Sakic and Forsberg and the Avs brass has gone on record saying they want to build up the middle with this rebuild. They have that now in place with Duchene, Stastny, OReilly and McClement.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:09 PM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

IF Edmonton takes Larsson and Colorado drafts RNH
Colorado
Schenn
+

Leafs
Stastny

IMO that deal makes sense for both teams if Colorado is going to get RNH

JacobimMugatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:10 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
That "second" line centre is capable of putting up 80 points while being solid in his own end. Grabo is solid but I'm not ready to count him as one of the best 2nd line centres in the league just yet and only has 1 more year left on his deal. MacArthur has one good season and is due a raise. a Late 1st isn't worth much in terms of this trade and the prospects are decent but not exactly mind blowing.
Yeah, I know that Stastny is more of a 80 points center and that he's very good defensively. I said that Stastny his the second line center of the Avs, but I consider him a first line center. And I agree with you that the first round pick or the prospect are not game breaker, but what I wanted to show is that both team don't do this deal, but you can't say that it's terrible for the Avs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikJohnson6 View Post
57 point season which was very disappointing because we KNOW that he can be a PPG player. Plus you forget how Stastny might be our next captain and the fact that he is awesome defensively. His 6.6 million is not a negative for us it is only a negative for other teams.

Grabovski is one of the best second line centers in the league? What world do you live in and if he is one of the best second line centers in the league than what does that make Stastny? Why would we downgrade?
Mostly the same answer.

And why would the Avs downgrade? I'm not saying they should make the trade, like I said, I think neither teams do this, but that would be a small downgrade for the second line center for the Avs, but a very solid proven second line center for replacement, a solid top 6 winger, and somes good picks in the draft, if they want to move up in the draft with the 11th overall, that coud be useful, or just to have three first rounders plus two high second is very nice.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:10 PM
GoLeafs13

Forget Stastny, lets talk Duchene.

GoLeafs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

I'm not sure why everyone thinks that Stastny was or is our 2nd line center. His ATOI was about just a minute more than Duchene's. Stastny ATOI was 19:44 whereas Duchene's ATOI was 18:57.

The Avs have two 1st line centers that play equally. Our recipe for success has always been up the middle and we're not going to sabotage that by trading Stastny or Duchene. Just about all of us believe Stastny is worth his $6.6m/yr salary and caphit, and we will not trade him without receiving fair value in return.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:14 PM
shadow1

Not getting Stastny without Schenn.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:14 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
Its nice production, but its still high, considering two of the best players in the league make less.

Well I'm just putting what would be fair value for Stastny imo.
If that's fair then the Coyotes can out do it. If Stastny is available a lot more teams then just the Leafs would be interested.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
i don't know why. he's good but there's a bunch of centerman i would try to trade for before him.
Please tell your fellow leaf fans that so they can go bother some other fan base.

Old
04-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
If that's fair then the Coyotes can out do it. If Stastny is available a lot more teams then just the Leafs would be interested.
Bingo. See, this is something that gets overlooked completely. If Stastny were available, the Avs could trade him anywhere seeing as he doesn't have a NTC. There wouldn't be any shortage of suitors if the Avs were to actually decide to dangle him out there in trade.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:06 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsbergavs32 View Post
To Colorado:
Schenn
Reimer
Kadri

To Toronto:
Hunwick
Koci
Yip
Porter
Stoa
Holos
Cumiskey
Brian Elliot
2011 6th round pick

Am I doing it right?
you sure you wanna include Hunwick in there? dont know if i wanna give up our future on defence

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:08 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsbergavs32 View Post
To Colorado:
Schenn
Reimer
Kadri

To Toronto:
Hunwick
Koci
Yip
Porter
Stoa
Holos
Cumiskey
Brian Elliot
2011 6th round pick

Am I doing it right?
Ah take the 6th rounder out and you're bang on. Seriously... how many Statsny to Toronto threads have we seen in the past three months?

If Toronto doesn't sign Richards, I think Statsny could see a lot more to Toronto threads until his contract ends.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:16 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunbaba View Post
Bingo. See, this is something that gets overlooked completely. If Stastny were available, the Avs could trade him anywhere seeing as he doesn't have a NTC. There wouldn't be any shortage of suitors if the Avs were to actually decide to dangle him out there in trade.
Okay well is Stastny better then Brad Richards or Joe Thornton? And probably maybe a little better then Cammalleri. Yet the package I gave i think is a lot better then the packages any of these players got, the first two are much superior then Stastny.

These three players might have been none to have been in trade talks. But maybe with a 2nd overall selection and having two younger stars that are gonna be the face of the franchise (Duchene and Johnson) and the need for a 1st overall goaltender (maybe Bryzgalov if Pheonix moves) I think Colorado would be accepting to move Stastny.

These reasons make me seem like it is the right time to make proposals as he seems like a player that could be on his way out. (yet we don't know it)

If a GM has a player he sees as tradeable hes not gonna go out and advertise the player as being for sale unless he wants him out ASAP hes gonna listen to offers for him. And Burke has stated many times that he is looking for a 1 center via trade or free agency it makes the possibility that much greatter. Just my two cents.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:20 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

People need to realize there is more then 1 way to get deals done they don't all have to center around Schenn. The avs wouldn't even ask for Schenn they know better

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
People need to realize there is more then 1 way to get deals done they don't all have to center around Schenn. The avs wouldn't even ask for Schenn they know better
You're absolutely right. The Avs would choose a team that has assets that interest us. Most teams have more than one.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Kaen

Quote:
If the Avs should know better then to ask for Schenn, shouldn't the Leafs know better then to ask for Stastny? The Avs have a lot of lesser players and prospects, they are looking for top level talent, so why would they trade a guy who is that for a bunch of pieces that aren't?

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Pure

Quote:
Leafs shouldn't even ask for Stastny if Schenn isn't part of the package. Ask yourself this, would you trade Schenn for McArthur+the 2 firsts etc?

Old
04-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
Who keeps necroing these old threads?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:53 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

that is the other thing avs fans need to realize just because Schenn is the only guy that interests YOU chances are he is not the only guy that would interest GM usually teams have a list of guys not just 1 guy

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Pure

Quote:
that is the other thing avs fans need to realize just because Schenn is the only guy that interests YOU chances are he is not the only guy that would interest GM usually teams have a list of guys not just 1 guy
I didn't know NHL GMs come here to read proposals..

The interest of the fans are what matters on this board, but maybe you speak to the GMs directly.