HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Toronto (Statsny)

Old
04-27-2011, 12:01 AM
The Instigator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
that is the other thing avs fans need to realize just because Schenn is the only guy that interests YOU chances are he is not the only guy that would interest GM usually teams have a list of guys not just 1 guy
And most GM's have a single guy in mind to revolve that deal around. It would be Schenn, but I don't even see that being realistic on Colorado's side.

Stastny will most likely captain the team in a few years, plus he was voted as an all-star, even though he had a ****** year. That should say something within itself.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:10 AM
avsman

If the avs draft siemens there literally isnt a thing i want from toronto, right now it is schenn, but toroomto is not a good trading partner for the avs, and as regards to that thorton richards trades, both gms were fired shortly afterward

avsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:29 AM
david999

Bad deal for the Leafs. The fact that Stasny's dad called out the organization indicates a rift with the team. Colorodo wanting to dump his salary (despite what ownership tells the media) hurts any potential return for Stasny. Two 1sts and somebody like Kadri would get this deal done.

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:41 AM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by david999 View Post
Bad deal for the Leafs. The fact that Stasny's dad called out the organization indicates a rift with the team. Colorodo wanting to dump his salary (despite what ownership tells the media) hurts any potential return for Stasny. Two 1sts and somebody like Kadri would get this deal done.
1) Stastny has separated himself from his dads statements, and the organization and Paul have already said that was discussed and moved on from already.

2) Why does Colorado WANT to dump the salary of a top line center exactly? So that they can go out and overpay someone else to reach the cap floor?

3) Why would Colorado take 2 late 1sts and a prospect that MIGHT become a top line center for their player that ALREADY is a top line center when they are looking to be a competitive team exactly? Toronto wouldn't be the only team in the deal that Colorado could trade Stastny to, and they can get a better package that fits their needs better if he were to be available, which there are no signs of other then a stupid rumor that the Avs beat writer said himself he didn't believe but posted it anyways.

4) Stastny could be the teams next captain, why would they trade him for fair value?

5) Before someone brings up the fact Colorado has another top line center in Duchene, look at Sakic/Forsberg, Yzerman/Fedorov, Crosby/Malkin, etc. The team has already said that they want to build down the middle like they did in the past. They've done that with Stastny-Duchene-O'Reilly-McClement. The Avs also tested Duchene as a LW for Stastny at the end of the season for a brief amount of time. That could also be a possibility going forward if they need to.

6) If someone decides to bring the, "But Richards and Thornton were dealt for less", both those GMs were fired shortly after, and Tampa needed to clear Richards salary. That and Mike Smith was looking like a good starting goaltender at the time, but had injuries ruin that hope making the deal look worse than it already did.

cody275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:44 AM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
2 firsts and Kadri.

Colorado wanting to dump a player that helps them get to the cap floor not to mention possibly their future captain and one of their top line centres?

Stastny already said that his dad's opinion does not reflect his, and that Paul and the Avs organization talked about this already and its all good.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:53 AM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 50
Quote:
New rule: If you can't spell the name, you can't spread idiotic rumors about the player on the internet.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 06:36 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
And Burke has stated many times that he is looking for a 1 center via trade or free agency it makes the possibility that much greatter. Just my two cents.
Just like he told everyone he was going to get Tavares or the other Schenn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
People need to realize there is more then 1 way to get deals done they don't all have to center around Schenn. The avs wouldn't even ask for Schenn they know better
I would have thought Boston would have know better than to ask for two 1sts and a 2nd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
If that's fair then the Coyotes can out do it. If Stastny is available a lot more teams then just the Leafs would be interested.
And GMs the president of the team doesn't hate.

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Vexxed14

My issue with trades like this isn't the fact that a player like Statsny isn't worth a huge package but more along the lines of Toronto having no need to move so many roster players to fill one hole. The difference between getting a 2A/1B to play with Kessel and Lupul and getting a true 1A is not going to be such a significant upgrade to warrant moving a ton of roster players and futures.

In terms of Risk vs Reward, targeting a player like Weiss (not neccesarily him but a player of his calibre) is a better idea than going after a player like Statsny if we are having to give full value for him.

Vexxed14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

The Avs would be lucky to get a player like Schenn for their 6.6 mil second liner.

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Okay well is Stastny better then Brad Richards or Joe Thornton? And probably maybe a little better then Cammalleri. Yet the package I gave i think is a lot better then the packages any of these players got, the first two are much superior then Stastny.

These three players might have been none to have been in trade talks. But maybe with a 2nd overall selection and having two younger stars that are gonna be the face of the franchise (Duchene and Johnson) and the need for a 1st overall goaltender (maybe Bryzgalov if Pheonix moves) I think Colorado would be accepting to move Stastny.

These reasons make me seem like it is the right time to make proposals as he seems like a player that could be on his way out. (yet we don't know it)

If a GM has a player he sees as tradeable hes not gonna go out and advertise the player as being for sale unless he wants him out ASAP hes gonna listen to offers for him. And Burke has stated many times that he is looking for a 1 center via trade or free agency it makes the possibility that much greatter. Just my two cents.
It's possible that Stastny might be on the move but it's going to take a serious offer for it to happen. The Avs would not accept a bunch of pieces that the Leafs wouldn't mind parting with. Stating two players that were part of terrible trades from the past 5-6 years doesn't help your cause.

This is exactly like Avs fans saying "hey, maybe Colorado can give you 4 'role' players for Luke Schenn and a nice prospect" just because it happened with the Phaneuf trade.

You have to give something to get something and a lot of the times, you're not going to like what you're giving up. [just like the Erik Johnson-Chris Stewart trade]

So yeah, the Avs have 2 picks within the top 11 but again, maybe that just means they ADD to what they already have instead of pulling the old Mike Milbury : "since I'm gonna draft Rick DiPietro 1st overall, I might as well trade Luongo and Jokinen to Florida for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha".

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
To Colorado:
Clarke MacArthur
Mikhail Grabovski
Boston 1st round
Toronto 2nd round (conditional 2012 if Grabo doesn't re-sign)
Luca Caputi or Jerry D'amigo

To Toronto:
Paul Stastny
Value wise its good. Grabs is a good second line center, MacArthur is a legit top nine forward, the picks are good assets and Caputi and D'amigo are fine prospects.

Doesnt really make sense for the Avs though. Those are pretty good assets, but Stasny is by far the best asset, and the only first line forward. Little bit of quality for quantity here.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
The Avs would be lucky to get a player like Schenn for their 6.6 mil second liner.
Yes, their almost PPG second line center. There are a lot of those lying around.

Old
04-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Drij

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
LOL at those two posts.

I'm not saying the Avs should do this deal, but neither are the Leafs. Seriously? A triple face palm and a terrible for the Avs? So it's terrible to trade their second line center that is coming of a 57 points season, and that is paid 6,6 millions, for one of the best second line center in the league, that is coming from a 29 goals season, a 20 goals 60 points winger, two good picks, and a good prospect.

Terrible for the Leafs.
After reading all these dumb comments from Leaf fans I'm re-posting it.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed14 View Post
My issue with trades like this isn't the fact that a player like Statsny isn't worth a huge package but more along the lines of Toronto having no need to move so many roster players to fill one hole. The difference between getting a 2A/1B to play with Kessel and Lupul and getting a true 1A is not going to be such a significant upgrade to warrant moving a ton of roster players and futures.

In terms of Risk vs Reward, targeting a player like Weiss (not neccesarily him but a player of his calibre) is a better idea than going after a player like Statsny if we are having to give full value for him.
QFT, true number one centers are ridiculously expensive unless they are homegrown.

Doesn't it make sense to leave the middle open for Kadri or Colbourne to take a crack at establishing themselves next year? Adding Stastny isn't going to get you outside of the first round so why not speed up your young guys' development.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:55 AM
DougGilmour93

Bozak
McArthur
Kadri
1st in 11 (phl)
Gunnarsson

for

Stastny
Liles

We take a lot of salary off Colorado's hands. That is, if they need it gone.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Bozak
McArthur
Kadri
1st in 11 (phl)
Gunnarsson

for

Stastny
Liles

This makes no sense for Colorado, again.

Stastny and Liles are the two best players/assets in this deal.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:00 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Bozak
McArthur
Kadri
1st in 11 (phl)
Gunnarsson

for

Stastny
Liles

We don't. No Schenn+, no Stastny.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:02 PM
DougGilmour93

I agree.

Although there must be a reason why Stastny and Liles names came up in the rumour mill. I mean, I never would have thought Stastny would be there but there he is. And I don't believe any one expected to see Stewert or Shattenkirk dealt either, so there is some crazy things going on in Denver. Who knows whats going to happen next.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:04 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
We don't. No Schenn+, no Stastny.
Unfortunately that's more of a fan base wish list. Really holds no merit. (no offense)

Stewert was a fan fav, but he's gone. Sure you got EJ but Shattenkirk already was looking really good.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:14 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:

Statsny is eating up a lot of capspace while playing on your second line, and Colborne would be a suitable center to play on your second line either next year or the year after.
not to mention the ridiculousness of the rest of your post...look at the avs cap situation...try to figure out why stastny's cap hit would be at all meaningful

Last edited by falconski: 04-27-2011 at 12:20 PM.
falconski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:15 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
I agree.

Although there must be a reason why Stastny and Liles names came up in the rumour mill. I mean, I never would have thought Stastny would be there but there he is. And I don't believe any one expected to see Stewert or Shattenkirk dealt either, so there is some crazy things going on in Denver. Who knows whats going to happen next.
Yes, there is a reason: journalists attempting to drum up interest and traffic. that's it.

Honestly, with Colorado, if you hear a player's name in the rumor mill it's probably not true. Almost every deal the Avs make is like the Stewart deal: silent and not foreseen.

Quote:
Unfortunately that's more of a fan base wish list. Really holds no merit. (no offense)

Stewert was a fan fav, but he's gone. Sure you got EJ but Shattenkirk already was looking really good.
No, it's the reality. For us to trade a big piece like Stastny and create a hole in our lineup, we'd need a big piece filling another coming the other way, not packages of middling crap. There's only one piece that fills a hole in CO's lineup, and that's Schenn. And even then Stastny as a near PPG 2 way top line center holds more value than Schenn alone.

No Schenn+, no Stastny.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:18 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
I agree.

Liles name comes up every year, it's trade deadline ritual

Stastny's name came up because dater is an idiot...in reality, my guess is there may have been some talks with LA involving dealing Stastny for JJ+ (like the rumor he posted stated), and if they happened, the talks were probably stopped before or at least at the time of the stewart for Johnson trade

plus, the only rumor I can think of that actually came to fruition relating to the avs was trading smyth

falconski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!

Stastny's salary is needed on the Avalanche anyways, don't have enough players next year to reach the cap floor. Enough with these stupid proposals. The Avalanche DO NOT want to trade Stastny.

Injury Prone Stastny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Pure

Quote:

So much hypocrisy in this post its ridiculous.

Stastny is on the leaf fans wishlist. Theres been at least a dozen "value of stastny to Toronto proposals" in the last month from leaf fans. How many Schenn to Avs threads do you see? Schenn isn't on our wishlist, hes the only piece we want from the leafs (at the cost of Stastny). Sorry but nothing else on your team is of interest, we've made that very clear.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:56 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 900
For the 250432750238420934th time in the last couple of months:

Dear Leafs fans,

We are not ridiculing the value of the package you are offering, we simply have no need to trade a top line centre for a variety of other pieces.

We have a better second line center than Grabovski, we have better second line wingers than MacArthur, etc.

Quality for quality. Not quantity with some quality for high end quality.

Thanks,

Avs fan

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote