HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Toronto (Statsny)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2011, 11:58 AM
  #76
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time
 
Tim Vezina Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
For the 250432750238420934th time in the last couple of months:

Dear Leafs fans,

We are not ridiculing the value of the package you are offering, we simply have no need to trade a top line centre for a variety of other pieces.

We have a better second line center than Grabovski, we have better second line wingers than MacArthur, etc.

Quality for quality. Not quantity with some quality for high end quality.

We do not need to trade you Phaneuf for four spare parts.

Thanks,

Avs fan
Copy and paste this in the Bogosian thread.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:00 PM
  #77
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,540
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Bozak
McArthur
Kadri
1st in 11 (phl)
Gunnarsson

for

Stastny
Liles


We take a lot of salary off Colorado's hands. That is, if they need it gone.
Lool I love this.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:22 PM
  #78
calcal798
Registered User
 
calcal798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
not to mention the ridiculousness of the rest of your post...look at the avs cap situation...try to figure out why stastny's cap hit would be at all meaningful
True, we'll talk next year when it will be a problem.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:25 PM
  #79
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel
 
Bordeleau Of Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
True, we'll talk next year when it will be a problem.
The wishful thinking is strong with this one.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:26 PM
  #80
calcal798
Registered User
 
calcal798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunbaba View Post
The wishful thinking is strong with this one.
I gotta have some hope

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:27 PM
  #81
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I agree.

Although there must be a reason why Stastny and Liles names came up in the rumour mill. I mean, I never would have thought Stastny would be there but there he is. And I don't believe any one expected to see Stewert or Shattenkirk dealt either, so there is some crazy things going on in Denver. Who knows whats going to happen next.
According to the rumor mill, Colborne, Kadri and Kessel all want to be traded. This will hurt their value and besides the Leafs need to clear cap space. Hint: the "rumour mill" doesn't mean jacksh*t

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:33 PM
  #82
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law
 
Saul Goodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,559
vCash: 500
i wish fellow leafs fans would stop with these proposals. especially when it's been done to death. if you search for player and find ten thousand proposals on here, another one really isn't necessary.

here's a simple guideline that should be followed when making trade proposals. if your package consists of 6 pieces for 1, it's nowhere close to being good enough.

Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:34 PM
  #83
calcal798
Registered User
 
calcal798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
According to the rumor mill, Colborne, Kadri and Kessel all want to be traded. This will hurt their value and besides the Leafs need to clear cap space. Hint: the "rumour mill" doesn't mean jacksh*t
I see what you did there... Sneaky devil

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:42 PM
  #84
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Bozak
McArthur
Kadri
1st in 11 (phl)
Gunnarsson

for

Stastny
Liles


We take a lot of salary off Colorado's hands. That is, if they need it gone.
That's $11 million gone for a team at the cap floor.

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 03:02 PM
  #85
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,180
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
That's $11 million gone for a team at the cap floor.
You do realize that this information is more likely to make Leafs fans include Komisarek in their next proposal instead of stopping with the silly proposals for Stastny?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 04:18 PM
  #86
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ
 
Megan Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Yes, their almost PPG second line center. There are a lot of those lying around.
He only puts up PPG numbers when the team around him is successful. How well do you think he'd do on the Leafs?

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 04:21 PM
  #87
Kid Canesten
Registered User
 
Kid Canesten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Mac + Grabo + Kulemin put up top line numbers

why should we want to deal them for Stastny. We have 2 high end prospects who could possibly filled the 1st line C void in 2 or 3 years.
they're a great second line, but they do not put up top line numbers.

Kid Canesten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 04:26 PM
  #88
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
We should just start agreeing with Leafs fans on every proposal. It's not like it means anything anyways lol.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
  #89
mcinnesja
Registered User
 
mcinnesja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pembroke
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Canesten View Post
they're a great second line, but they do not put up top line numbers.
On a season to season basis's... no, but they have never played together before, but as for the 2010-2011 season, you are sadly mistaken.
They are a decent top line, based on their production this past season considering what other top lines produced.

But here is a break down of pts and ice time per game for you:
*MacArthur rates pt wise, 19th out of ALL wingers with 62 pts(6 way tie), while having 17:06 TOI/G which is 69th out of all wingers
*Kulemin rates pt wise, 28th with 57 pts(6 way tie), out of ALL wingers, while having 17:19 which is 66th TOI/G out of all wingers
*Grabo rates pts wise, 22nd with 58 pts,while having 19:21 which is 26th out of centers TOI/G

So there is your top line #'s, and its not because of their TOI

mcinnesja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 04:50 PM
  #90
forsbergavs32
Registered User
 
forsbergavs32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fresno,CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,855
vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance uppercut 83 View Post
i wish fellow leafs fans would stop with these proposals. especially when it's been done to death. if you search for player and find ten thousand proposals on here, another one really isn't necessary.

here's a simple guideline that should be followed when making trade proposals. if your package consists of 6 pieces for 1, it's nowhere close to being good enough.

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:13 PM
  #91
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
He only puts up PPG numbers when the team around him is successful. How well do you think he'd do on the Leafs?
it won't happen but with a winger like Kessel he'd do just fine

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:45 PM
  #92
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
Sticky this

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:59 PM
  #93
Kid Canesten
Registered User
 
Kid Canesten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinnesja View Post
On a season to season basis's... no, but they have never played together before, but as for the 2010-2011 season, you are sadly mistaken.
They are a decent top line, based on their production this past season considering what other top lines produced.

But here is a break down of pts and ice time per game for you:
*MacArthur rates pt wise, 19th out of ALL wingers with 62 pts(6 way tie), while having 17:06 TOI/G which is 69th out of all wingers
*Kulemin rates pt wise, 28th with 57 pts(6 way tie), out of ALL wingers, while having 17:19 which is 66th TOI/G out of all wingers
*Grabo rates pts wise, 22nd with 58 pts,while having 19:21 which is 26th out of centers TOI/G

So there is your top line #'s, and its not because of their TOI
while you're right, i was implying their line as a whole. i understand this season was their first season together but if they were to repeat their production next season, i would agree. but for today, not so much.

Kid Canesten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.