HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Too many men on the ice, it's going the distance baby

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2011, 07:28 AM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
It would be, but the Caps mean business this year.
Just beat the Bruins and I'll be happy that this team with all its injuries had at least one upset.

Old
04-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Just beat the Bruins and I'll be happy that this team with all its injuries had at least one upset.
Boston and Montreal had 2 wins difference and 7 points, I wouldn't call that an upset. Plus the Habs beat them 4 out of 6 in the regular season.

Old
04-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Cammalleri now leads the NHL top scorers!!
  1. Cammalleri
  2. Giroux
  3. St-Louis
  4. Perry
  5. Selanne
  6. Brière
  7. D. Sedin
  8. Clowe
  9. Gagné
  10. Koivu
  11. Gragnani
  12. Keith
  13. Fisher
  14. Ovechkin
  15. Burrows
  16. Getzlaf
  17. Bolland
  18. Lecavalier
  19. Hossa
  20. Datsyuk
  21. Bergeron

1 Habs

8 Quebecers among 21 players (7 in fact, but let's pretend Giroux is a Quebecer)

Let's add to that the great performances of Luongo, Crawford and Fleury.
Just for future draft reference, those players are all North American and over 6' 195lbs, right?

Old
04-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

One point I'd like to make...nobody, and I mean NOBODY should be questioning the heart and grit of this team. They forced a 7th game with Boston minus 3 top 4 d-men(Gorges Markov Wisniewski), a top 6 forward(Pacioretty) and a strong depth forward(Desharnais). Win or lose I'm proud of the team.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:06 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
  1. Cammalleri
  2. Giroux
  3. St-Louis
  4. Perry
  5. Selanne
  6. Brière
  7. D. Sedin
  8. Clowe
  9. Gagné
  10. Koivu
  11. Gragnani
  12. Keith
  13. Fisher
  14. Ovechkin
  15. Burrows
  16. Getzlaf
  17. Bolland
  18. Lecavalier
  19. Hossa
  20. Datsyuk
  21. Bergeron

1 Habs

8 Quebecers among 21 players (7 in fact, but let's pretend Giroux is a Quebecer)

Who cares about the bolded part, and Giroux is not a Quebecer so let's not pretend. As for Luongo.....great performances? If you call a 2.97gaa and a .903 save% great. He is a major reason they got pushed to 7 games in a series that looked like a sweep early on.

As for the Habs, I am on the edge of my seat already and game 7 has not even started. Go Habs Go

Old
04-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Darch

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I don't think the Habs beating the Bruins would be an upset. Both teams were neck to neck most of the season. Beating the Flyers and Caps would be.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darch View Post
I don't think the Habs beating the Bruins would be an upset. Both teams were neck to neck most of the season. Beating the Flyers and Caps would be.
Agreed not much of an upset for a team that was supposed to be 10x better then us with the additions of Horton and Campbell in the off season and then Kaberle at the deadline. If we had our players healthy during the year we would have easily won the division.

We would still be the lowest seed to win a series in the 1st round

Old
04-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
  1. Cammalleri
  2. Giroux
  3. St-Louis
  4. Perry
  5. Selanne
  6. Brière
  7. D. Sedin
  8. Clowe
  9. Gagné
  10. Koivu
  11. Gragnani
  12. Keith
  13. Fisher
  14. Ovechkin
  15. Burrows
  16. Getzlaf
  17. Bolland
  18. Lecavalier
  19. Hossa
  20. Datsyuk
  21. Bergeron

1 Habs

Cammalleri has been clutch in the playoffs, this guy is money at this time of the year. See people freak out about his 50 points during the regular year but I would rather that and then he turn it on then opposite like other players, 80+ points regular season and then they don't show up come playoff time

Old
04-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Cammalleri has been clutch in the playoffs, this guy is money at this time of the year. See people freak out about his 50 points during the regular year but I would rather that and then he turn it on then opposite like other players, 80+ points regular season and then they don't show up come playoff time
So glad that Cammy is repeating his performances from last playoffs. I wasn't sure if he was clutch or if the stars had aligned last year. It appears he really has another gear.

Old
04-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Souvenirs

Cammy,Gio,Price and PK have been our best players in this series, IMHO.

In b4 ReenMachine

Old
04-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Who cares about the bolded part, and Giroux is not a Quebecer so let's not pretend. As for Luongo.....great performances? If you call a 2.97gaa and a .903 save% great. He is a major reason they got pushed to 7 games in a series that looked like a sweep early on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
who cares. And the top player is an Ontarian. (5 Ontarians in fact, but let's pretend Keith and Getzlaf are Ontarians to bring the tally to 7)
Why are you guys so ******** over a poster being happy that quebecers are doing well ? You say "who cares" well obviously the poster who posted that does care, and I thought it was interesting information myself. Maybe YOU don't give a crap. That's fine, but not sure why you react that way.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:05 AM
habfaninvictoria

Bergoron's goalie interference penalty

I didn't get a chance to watch the whole game last night, just bits and scraps. I've got a couple bruins fans for friend and they've been whining incessantly (I know, hard to believe) about Price diving on some play while Boston was on the PP. I don't give the whine much credence because I don't think Price would dive in general but specifically not on a play that could go either way.

So... does someone have some video evidence. I looked on the Bruins board, but found nothing, which again makes me suspicious of a dive because if in fact he dove they'd be all over putting up a video to demonstrate how hard done by they are. Nothing on youtube, which raises the same doubts.

I apologize in advance to the mods who are probably going to have to work overtime to keep trolls at bay in this thread. If there is another thread please merge I just couldn't find it.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Agreed not much of an upset for a team that was supposed to be 10x better then us with the additions of Horton and Campbell in the off season and then Kaberle at the deadline. If we had our players healthy during the year we would have easily won the division.

We would still be the lowest seed to win a series in the 1st round
I disagree. I see it the other way.
The Bruins were favored to win this, some even said in 5. They added players at the deadline that have been key, like Kelly and Peverley. Kaberle has been getting a lot of flack but I don't think he's been bad, at all.
The Habs on the other hand, are playing without key players, Markov, Gorges, MaxPac, and in Game 6/maybe 7 as well, without Wiz-DD.
For those reasons, I believe it would be an upset.

If Boston were playing with a few key players out, then I wouldn't see it as an upset. But the fact they're perfectly healthy while we have multiple key injuries makes me see it otherwise.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:09 AM
ToysInTheAttic

I PVRed the game and watched it this morning. Bergeron went through the crease and knocked Price over. No embellishment. Well deserved penalty.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Why are you guys so ******** over a poster being happy that quebecers are doing well ? You say "who cares" well obviously the poster who posted that does care, and I thought it was interesting information myself. Maybe YOU don't give a crap. That's fine, but not sure why you react that way.
I don't care either..But I don't know why Luongo was mentioned, he's been quite crappy.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Hugo Sham

i think price dove but so ****ing what? Thomas dives, all goalies dive when guys jump through their crease. are your whiny friends going to talk about the uncalled stick price took to his face later in the game?
how about the goal we were robbed of? guess they aren't going to talk about that.
the calls were **** both ways.
the spacek call was a joke
as was the bergeron call.
but the non-goal was the worst of all

Old
04-27-2011, 10:11 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Just like he has the right to be happy, I have the right not to give a crap. It is more annoying then anything to me as you don't see other people posting how such and such a province is doing well etc. Makes no difference to me where a player is from as long as he helps my team win the Cup.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysInTheAttic View Post
I PVRed the game and watched it this morning. Bergeron went through the crease and knocked Price over. No embellishment. Well deserved penalty.
Bergeron was barely in the crease. Bergeron did touch Price while passing by him, but not nearly enough to knock him over. Price embellished it and dove. But it stopped the Bruins from having a powerplay, so gj Carey. I'm not fond of diving, but in the playoffs, against our most hated rivals, I'll take anything to win.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Barely touched him, Price dove. Bad call.

However, for those who watched the game in full, know very well that the entire game was full of bad calls.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i think price dived but so ****ing what? Thomas dives, all goalies dive when guys jump through their crease. are your whiny friends going to talk about the uncalled stick price took to his face later in the game?
how about the goal we were robbed of? guess they aren't going to talk about that.
I don't care if there was an embellishment or not, doesn't matter. If the bruins don't want to get called for goalie obstruction all they have to do is not brush up against Price. You're not supposed to touch the goalie at all. Maybe Price tried to sell it but good for him if he did. That **** should always be called.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:15 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

However, for those who watched the game in full, know very well that the entire game was full of bad calls.
Indeed. I'm sure those whiny Ruins fans are complaining just as hard about Gionta's goal that was disallowed.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:16 AM
ToysInTheAttic

I don't think Price even knew who hit him. He was knocked face down toward the ice; could have been his own D man for all he knew. That being said, I'm totally fine with a goalie exaggerating to draw a penalty. Keeps other teams honest.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

No, not a bad call. You shouldn't touch the goalie at all.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

It was a bit of an embellishment from Price, but if you paid attention to the rest of the POs, the Refs call every bit of unforced contact towards the Goalies, heck they even call interference when the Dmen push players onto them.

Bruins fans will always have a reason to whine, but if Boston loses this series, it'll be because we were able to score on the PP as opposed to them who still didn't score 1 goal there. I'm hoping we really make them pay the price tonight.

Old
04-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i think price dove but so ****ing what? Thomas dives, all goalies dive when guys jump through their crease. are your whiny friends going to talk about the uncalled stick price took to his face later in the game?
Spacek got a clear hit from behind, how was that a joke? Because Lucic didn't check him super hard?? Who cares, it's a check from behind. Stoll didn't want to hit White's head and he didn't really hit him hard either..

Bergeron call was interference.
Spacek call was checking from behind.
They weren't bad calls.

Closed Thread