HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Here's an offer for Stastny (Buffalo)

Old
04-26-2011, 10:57 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

vCash: 500
Here's an offer for Stastny (Buffalo)

To Buffalo:
Paul Stastny

To Colorado:
Tyler Ennis
Jason Pominville (potentially)
Pick your young dman: Sekera/Butler/Weber/Gragnani
2011 1st
You can have Jhonas Enroth if you want him, replace one of the defensemen

What do you think?

Last edited by HarryNealesGarden: 04-26-2011 at 11:05 PM.
HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
Ennis certainly interests me a lot, but again I think Stastny won't be traded unless we get an equal value player back. I know those type of deals don't happen often, which is why Stastny isn't going to be traded any time soon.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Seems like overpayment to me.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:04 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Ennis certainly interests me a lot, but again I think Stastny won't be traded unless we get an equal value player back. I know those type of deals don't happen often, which is why Stastny isn't going to be traded any time soon.
What equal-value player would Colorado be looking for? Vanek?

I honestly don't think that would be impossible. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Old
04-26-2011, 11:05 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacheesh View Post
Seems like overpayment to me.
Added a (potentially) after Pominville to make it more realistic.

Old
04-26-2011, 11:07 PM
captaincrunch89

Buffalo would not give up Ennis at the deadline in a package for whoever they wanted, what makes you think they would ever do this now? Horrible deal

captaincrunch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Pengo

Not that their teams would trade them, but I think you could go a level above (Malkin, Getzlaf, etc.) with that return.

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Crisp Breakout

Ennis and Pominville don't interest me. Ennis looks good, but I feel like Hishon will be able to offer what he can offer us in the near future. Pominville I just don't like.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:20 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian View Post
Not that their teams would trade them, but I think you could go a level above (Malkin, Getzlaf, etc.) with that return.
The only one of those guys who has actually proven anything is Pominville, and he's proven that he's a very solid and dependable two-way forward who is slightly overpaid.

You have to give to get. We need a #1 center in the worst way. You're not getting a Malkin or a Getzlaf for potential. You might be able to get Stastny for it though.

Old
04-26-2011, 11:22 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch89 View Post
Buffalo would not give up Ennis at the deadline in a package for whoever they wanted, what makes you think they would ever do this now? Horrible deal
If the Sabres fail to sign Brad Richards, as most assume they will, they're going to have to do whatever it takes to get a top-flight Center. This is one of the few options that might be available.

Old
04-26-2011, 11:27 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Avs would certainly take Enroth over one of the defensemen. He'd be the top incentive to make this deal, imo.

Pominville, Enroth, and something else would be a pretty good deal for both sides.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:29 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Avs would certainly take Enroth over one of the defensemen. He'd be the top incentive to make this deal, imo.

Pominville, Enroth, and something else would be a pretty good deal for both sides.
That would work. I think pretty much anyone we can add (within reason) would be happily parted with to make this deal.

Old
04-26-2011, 11:35 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post

I'd do Stafford, Enroth, 1st/Adam/Kassian/any D prospect, mid prospect. I doubt the Avs would want Pominville and his 5+m cap hit and I don't know much about Colorado's roster, but with Stafford being the better goalscorer of the two he seems like a better fit anyway.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:39 PM
thedoctor
                    

For a deal with Stastny to make sense to the Avs, Myers or Miller would have to be included. We'd have to be filling a hole. That won't work for the Sabres, so it's pointless. Sabres and Avs aren't great partners for a blockbuster like this.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:47 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganie View Post
I'd do Stafford, Enroth, 1st/Adam/Kassian/any D prospect, mid prospect. I doubt the Avs would want Pominville and his 5+m cap hit and I don't know much about Colorado's roster, but with Stafford being the better goalscorer of the two he seems like a better fit anyway.
Avs need depth at the wing position. While Pominville's contract isn't pretty, the Sabres need to move it to fit Stastny in their roster; meanwhile, Colorado can easily absorb it by losing Stastny's contract (not to mention will have to work to hit the cap floor this off-season).

I love Stastny as a player, and absolutely don't want to trade him. But if the Avs decide to move him, one of the NHL's more promising young goalies and a perennial 60 point winger isn't bad return.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:51 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
For a deal with Stastny to make sense to the Avs, Myers or Miller would have to be included. We'd have to be filling a hole. That won't work for the Sabres, so it's pointless. Sabres and Avs aren't great partners for a blockbuster like this.
You really think that's what it takes? A top-5 young defenseman in the entire league or a top-5 goaltender period?

Involving Myers in some way wouldn't happen but at least wouldn't be outside the scope of reason. Involving Miller makes me wonder if you know what you're talking about.

Old
04-27-2011, 12:48 AM
ComradeChris

vCash: 1004

Statsny
Col 5th round pick

Flippula
Howard

ComradeChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 12:56 AM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post

Statsny
Col 5th round pick

Flippula
Howard

Howard
DET 5th round pick

Brian Elliott
Matt Hunwick

I was thinking of adding Zetterberg but than we would have to add Holos and I don't want to trade Holos and Hunwick without getting any defensemen back. Maybe Lebda when he becomes a UFA.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:05 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:

Statsny
Col 5th round pick

Flippula
Howard
I'm thinking that Colorado needs to add a little bit but this isn't the worst proposal involving Statsny I've seen as of late... beats the hell out of all of the Statsny to Toronto proposals I've seen.

Another problem is I don't think Detroit can afford to take on all that salary.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:09 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
We need defense so;

Myers

for

Stastny
Barrie

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:56 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:

Statsny
Col 5th round pick

Flippula
Howard
Detroit and Colorado trading? nah dont think so

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 02:32 AM
ponder

Why does Stastny keep coming up in trade proposals? Duchene does not make Stastny expendable, most top teams have 2nd line Cs with 1st line talent, and sometimes even have 3 or 4 high end Cs, even if some end up moved to the wing often (Pitt with Crosby/Malkin, Vancouver with Henrik/Kesler, Detroit with Datsyuk/Zetterberg, Chicago with Toews/Sharp, Philly with Richards/Briere/Giroux/Carter, Boston with Krejci/Bergeron, Tampa with Stamkos/Vinny, Dallas with Richards/Ribeiro, San Jose with Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski/Couture). Two centers capable of putting up 70+ points is a strength, not a weakness. I guess you could argue Joey Hishon may one day be able to fill Stastny's role, but he's a big question mark at the moment, and could probably easily be moved to the wing regardless.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 04:40 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Why does Stastny keep coming up in trade proposals?
Adrian Dater put out a bit of half-assed gossip in his blog that he even said was crap about a trade for Berneir and Jack Johnson from LA. This was also immediately after the EJ-Stewart trade.

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 08:03 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Adrian Dater put out a bit of half-assed gossip in his blog that he even said was crap about a trade for Berneir and Jack Johnson from LA. This was also immediately after the EJ-Stewart trade.
Not to mention it was during Stastny's worst statistical season of his career. Hopefully these bad trade rumors are forgotten by the draft or free agency.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 10:45 AM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
You really think that's what it takes? A top-5 young defenseman in the entire league or a top-5 goaltender period?

Involving Myers in some way wouldn't happen but at least wouldn't be outside the scope of reason. Involving Miller makes me wonder if you know what you're talking about.
I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm telling you what would cause Colorado to consider a deal. Pominville and Enroth is not even close to Stastny's value as a 2 way top line center. No reason at all for Colorado to consider such a deal.

And Myers is not a young top 5 defender in the league. Maybe you meant top 5 amongst just the young defenders, then I might agree. In terms of level of play, Myers and Stastny are close at their positions, and top line centers have similar value to #1 defenders. Myers does have slightly more value, but that's merely because he has a better contract for the next few years.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote