HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Here's an offer for Stastny (Buffalo)

Old
04-27-2011, 10:49 AM
thedoctor
                    

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post

Statsny
Col 5th round pick

Flippula
Howard
Dude, we already told you that's an incredibly awful proposal, just like all the rest I've seen you make. A 2nd line center and a middling goalie for a top line center? It's horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'm thinking that Colorado needs to add a little bit but this isn't the worst proposal involving Statsny I've seen as of late... beats the hell out of all of the Statsny to Toronto proposals I've seen.

Another problem is I don't think Detroit can afford to take on all that salary.
If Lidstrom leaves, they can. But I think that's worse than the Toronto proposals by far -- this is like Grabo + Reimer for Stastny + 5th. At least they actually put together some more quantity of the same middling talent in their deals.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 10:50 AM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
We need defense so;

Myers

for

Stastny
Barrie
Now there's a deal Colorado considers. But I doubt Buffalo would create such a big hole by trading Myers.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:25 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm telling you what would cause Colorado to consider a deal. Pominville and Enroth is not even close to Stastny's value as a 2 way top line center. No reason at all for Colorado to consider such a deal.

And Myers is not a young top 5 defender in the league. Maybe you meant top 5 amongst just the young defenders, then I might agree. In terms of level of play, Myers and Stastny are close at their positions, and top line centers have similar value to #1 defenders. Myers does have slightly more value, but that's merely because he has a better contract for the next few years.
Pretty sure that's what he meant. He's right there with Keith, Doughty, Shattenkirk and the like to be in the next wave of Norris quality defenders.

But he certainly isn't being traded for Stastny, who I doubt moves anyways.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:39 AM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
Pretty sure that's what he meant. He's right there with Keith, Doughty, Shattenkirk and the like to be in the next wave of Norris quality defenders.

But he certainly isn't being traded for Stastny, who I doubt moves anyways.
Wait, Shattenkirk has Norris potential? He'll probably have to figure that whole "defense" thing first. There's many, many young defenders better than Shattenkirk. Shattenkirk is going to be more like a Liles imo (great PP QB, moves the puck well, very average defender, middle pairing guy because of that flaw).

I agree that the trade is not happening, but that's what it would take for Stastny, so this discussion is pretty pointless.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Pure

vCash: 665
I can see Shattenkirk become somewhere like Streit or Vishnovsky, a tier above liles and be a solid number 2 dman, but not Norris Caliber.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:43 AM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
I can see Shattenkirk become somewhere like Streit or Vishnovsky, a tier above liles and be a solid number 2 dman, but not Norris Caliber.
he'd really have to improve his defense. It could happen, but I don't see it as likely by any means.

Old
04-27-2011, 11:55 AM
hdtrax

Keith isn't that young..lets say young means under 25. I'd say its Doughty, Myers, Letang, J. Johnson and Carlson. HM to Yandle (not on list since he turns 25 this year), Schenn, Subban and Karlsson.

As for the original trade, not bad for Stastny. I'd consider it if I was Colorado. Better to get 2-3 pieces for 1 and keep building through the draft. If they end up in the same position next year they can add a gamebreaker in Yakupov/Frk/Galchenyuk to play with Matty D.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:31 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
To Colorado:
Tyler Ennis
Jason Pominville (potentially)
Pick your young dman: Sekera/Butler/Weber/Gragnani
2011 1st
You can have Jhonas Enroth if you want him, replace one of the defensemen
If the Avalanche were considering trading Stastny, an offer of Enroth + Ennis + Pominville + 1st would definitely be one of the best on the table. Buffalo is better off keeping its pieces imo.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

I hate how some Sabres fans use a player like Jason Pominville as a throw in for trades line this. Poms has to be one of the most underrated players in the league around here.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 12:43 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
I hate how some Sabres fans use a player like Jason Pominville as a throw in for trades line this. Poms has to be one of the most underrated players in the league around here.
His cap hit far outvalues his play. That's the only reason he would ever be moved.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 07:27 AM
RogerRoeper*

That's too much for Stastny.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote