HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The 3 Boston Bruins players you like/respect the most

Old
04-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Pleky Roks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Hmmm excuse me, bit what's with the Bruins love fest on the day of game 7? Why not ask which Bruin you'd prefer to braid your hair at a slumber party?

You should be ashamed of this thread as ALL bruins suck sack.

Go Habs Go!

I couldn't agree with you more. There isn't 1 Boston Bruins that I have any respect for....and there is never going to be a Bruin player I will ever respect as long as they keep filling their roster with goons and continue playing like a bunch of bullies.

If you asked the same question to a Bruins fan, not one of them would name 3 players from the Habs roster that they like....so why should we be any different??

Whenever the Bruins do 1 thing thats respectful on the ice, I might change my mind, but until then...I will continue to hate the biggest bunch of goons ever assembled.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 07:53 AM
CHestah in Maine

Agreed. There's nothing I like about this team of gutless chokers.

Edit: I am pretty certain that for any player on Boston, I can cite an example of poor sportsmanship/goonery/general dooshiness that would preclude me from liking them. People seem to love Thomas. He's an ass.

http://youtu.be/51y3CYu02aI

Last edited by CHestah in Maine: 04-27-2011 at 07:59 AM.
CHestah in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 08:02 AM
Pleky Roks

Well with Lucic running around throwing dirty hits and cross checking people in the face, Marchand flapping his gums to the media and spearing Price several times, Recchi calling Pacioretty a faker after having his neck broken, Chara after breaking Pacioretty's neck and getting a cheap shot in everytime he makes contact with someone, Horton acting tough because he has Lucic and Chara to back him up, Campbell using his elbow pad as a weapon, Thornton grabbing Hamrlik and forcing him to fight....why on earth would anybody like any member of a team that thinks all of that stuff is acceptable on the ice?? I don't understand at all.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
Well with Lucic running around throwing dirty hits and cross checking people in the face, Marchand flapping his gums to the media and spearing Price several times, Recchi calling Pacioretty a faker after having his neck broken, Chara after breaking Pacioretty's neck and getting a cheap shot in everytime he makes contact with someone, Horton acting tough because he has Lucic and Chara to back him up, Campbell using his elbow pad as a weapon, Thornton grabbing Hamrlik and forcing him to fight....why on earth would anybody like any member of a team that thinks all of that stuff is acceptable on the ice?? I don't understand at all.
Yeah this thread baffles me. Especially people listing Lucic, Marchand or Chara. I don't understand how a fan can live and die with the Habs and say they 'like/respect' those players.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 08:11 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
yeah but most of these players wouldn't pull **** like that if they would be playing for montreal.

the boston organization seems to bring the worst in players sometimes

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Davebo
beep beep

They haven't been born yet...

But the ones I despise the least are Ryder, Thomas,......

That is all...

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Kboum

Thomas... gotta love the emotion this guy plays with.

Savard.. great player really sad to see what happened to him. Coooke should be out of the NHL (or wait is it the National Headshot League ?)

Seidenberg, I don't know why... good hockey player. Doenst say a lot of things. He plays his game, not flashy but effective.. I'D like to have him in our team.

Kboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Krnage

bergeron is my favorite bruins players

Krnage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 09:25 AM
habs_24x

I like Thomas. He doesnt seem like the prototypical Bruins ass...

That is all.

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 09:37 AM
CHill Seeker

how the **** can that turd boychuk being on anyone's list?
the coward jumps spacek (8-6 game) and then tries to take out Subban's
knee until White fed him his fist in the 4-1 pacioretty game

CHill Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
My top 3 are:

Thomas
Lucic
McQuaid

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 09:42 AM
optimus2861

None of them.

The way I see it, is that every Boston Bruin player in that room either plays or tolerates their thuggish style of play. That makes every one of them (and Julien too) complicit in what happens to players like Pacs and Spacek when one of their goons runs a guy. They have deliberately chosen to play hockey in a reckless fashion that completely disregards the safety of their opponents, even after their own experiences with ugly hits.

And that is why I don't care if Montreal wins another round, I just really want them to win this one.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 09:57 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

I respect Bergeron, he's a worthy opponent and a very good hockey player. Wish he was a Hab.

I respect Thomas for his perseverance. Its always nice to see ''late boomers'' succeed. Not a fan of his unorthodox and absurdly random ''heart attack inducing'' style tho.

I think McQuaid is awesome, mostly because of his name.

As for the rest? I either couldn't care less about them or despise them utterly.

FlyingKostitsyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 10:01 AM
neofury*

I can't believe how few Seidenberg's I'm seeing. I was disappointed when I heard they nabbed him, knew he'd be great for them

PS: This series made me gain respect for Thomas. In the past I thought he was a choker, now whoever wins, nobody choked really, and his performance against the habs of all teams (a team he previously sucked against) has been stellar.

That being said I prefer Price but I definitely gained respect for the guy. He went into a series after losing the first two games against an opponent that is frequently lighting him up, he's now in game 7 after 6 stellar performances. Can't fault the guy for being a B, he's one of the few classy B's players.

My final choice is a tie between Lucic and Bergeron. Both are great players who play the game well. Lucic is an aggressive player and has hurt people in the past, including Spacek last night. I don't think he has that intention to kill somebody though.

Chara if the Bruins win won't even gain my respect, not because of Pacioretty but because he's a #1d with an 0-7 playoff record in game 7's, and nothing short of single handedly winning game 7 for Boston by playing an all star caliber game is going to make me respect him. If you're a two-way D of the #1-2 caliber and your record in game 7's is that bad, to me that screams out that you aren't a clutch player.

I know Lucic has been far from great this series, but he's the kind of guy only so many of them exist in the NHL and every team would love to have him. I could live with a D who is less talented than Chara but plays with a lot more heart, like for example Hal Gill who is also big and costs like 2 mil.

Last edited by neofury*: 04-27-2011 at 10:07 AM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 10:05 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Thomas
Ryder
Kaberle.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Double XX L

I have no love for the Bruins. Any of them.
Honestly how could a hab fan have love for any of them? We play them 6-8 times a year in the regular season, and we get matched up with them consistently in the playoffs.
All the bad blood makes me hate this organization. I cant like them with the blood from the '02 series & Zednik, then Patches, then all the bs talk from their players...

I have twin boys... They're pictured in my avatar. I have told my wife, that my satisfaction in life would be to see either one of them (hopefully both lol) become the avatar of justice against the B's.

Both my wife and I are tall, and I come from French-Viking roots, my wife is Irish-Native... Her brother is a natural size of 6-5, 300lbs. and was a great swimmer... Im 6-2 230 naturally, and am the runt of my ancestors...

Both my boys I should say are projecting to be bigger than me for sure, and both boys at Almost 2 1/2 have 1 1/2 years of mini hockey under their belts...

They are stamped with the CH on their chests, and want to wear the Hab jersey anytime they play or watch hockey

I was obsessed with this game (still am)...

But the reason why I bring this up... Is up until this year, there never was a player in the NHL with my last name in there (Marchand). And being a passionate, die hard hockey fan... I liked him, at first... I didnt blame him for being a Bruin... I even kind of wished the Habs got him

He's tiny... But I thought, good drive on him, UNTIL he had something to say about PK Subban...

Now... I gotta say, I do not like this kid at all... 16 years from now, I think of my twins donning a hab jersey and showing the Bruins a thing or two... Only difference? Combining the edge with SKILL. Something the Habs have done over the years, and what made us so formidable (Robinson, Nilan, Fergie to name a few)

The Bruins and Leafs are 2 teams I have noticed my boys (by proxy to me, probably) have come to dispise lol... I even have a video, of my one boy, while watching a Leaf/Hab game (my mom is a leaf fan, Cant hold it against her I guess lol), while we play mini hockey, I am holding a bear I dressed in a Leafs onesie... My one boy is playing, going after the puck... Then my other boy comes off the bench (couch) and proceeds to beat the piss out of said leaf bear

They will prove who the Marchand's are in the NHL... someday

Double XX L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:13 AM
strutsboa

This is really tough, can't say I really like anyone, but I've to try.

1) Bergeron
2) Ryder (because of his hattrick in the 0-5 comeback against Rangers)
3) Savard

strutsboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Peace

Bergeron for sure

I used to like Chara until the Paccioretty incident

I like Marchand even though he's playing well vs us.

Finally, Recchi, even tho he's but a shadow of himself right now. He's a hall of famer...

Edit : And to add a fourth, Tim Thomas...I like him...nice character guy

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Habs 1909

Thomas, Bergeron, Kelly, Chiarelli, Lucic probably others but nothing else comes to mind or just indifferent.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Ketzlaf

1. Bergeron for sure
2. Seidenberg. Like the style
3. Rask. Kid will be great.

Ketzlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Guy Caballero

Thomas seems like a swell guy. Can't hate on him at all.

Also Kabs and Bergeron.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

- Tim Thomas by a mile. He'd be a hero here with his attitude and hard work. Obviously, he'd be a scapegoat sometimes which is nothing new under the sun in habs goalie world.
- Patrice Bergeron: Great complete player. Lots of things to overcome, great development story. Nobody thought he'd be that valuable that quick
- Milan Lucic: We'd all love him if he'd be here. And I have to say he's the guy who made me looked more like a fool from the day he was drafted. This guy is probably amongst the ones who develop the fastest, like Bergeron. Not only I had my reservation as far as becoming an NHL'er, but the guy was poor skating wise and never would I thought he'd be able to improve but improve quickly and he did. Tough and can score goals, you have to like those kinds of players.
- Chara: I have absolutely no problem with him. Clearly this guy, if he wanted, could kill players every single game. I hate what he did to MaxPac but for me, it doesn't remove the fact that he's a fine player who plays within his limits and does a great job. I hate way more the Sens for having giftwrap that player to the Bruins than I hate the player itself.

I'll say something that I'll be banned for, especially before a game 7....but if we would have that kind of team in Montreal....we would love it. But being a Habs fan, it's CLEARLY build to hate it....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 04-27-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:19 PM
BintZ

Mark Recchi

BintZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:20 PM
kempie

Bobby Orr

After that, not one single knuckledragger. My hate for this franchise is immeasurable.

kempie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempie View Post
Bobby Orr

After that, not one single knuckledragger. My hate for this franchise is immeasurable.
Honestly, I didn't think that Habs fans hate the Bruins as much as the Bruins fans hate us. Mostly based on the overall record, but even in the years when Nilan was going at it with Miller, Byers with Kordic and all, I was not hating them...I was enjoying the show both teams were giving us. I used to like Rick Middleton, Raymond Bourque, I liked the toughness that O'Reilly was bringing, and the clutch scoring that Neely was bringing. Obviously didn't like it against us, but a whole lot of players I would have love us to get.

I guess I was too busy hating the Nordiques at that time....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote