HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

LW to hopefully Richards - Gaborik

Old
04-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Ke11y96

vCash: 500
LW to hopefully Richards - Gaborik

Given that I've not only read but heard the argument that the only way a top line player gets moved is if there is a contract dispute or wants out of his current location. So given that everybody reads and hears certain things just curious as to what people think might be a target if any for some top flight left wing talent..Whether it comes from RFA's(whether by offer sheet or trade, UFA's, or Trade..My personal best guesses are as follows..

Trade
Nash
Sharp
Vermette
Booth
Havlat

UFA
Tanguay
Jokinen
Fleischmann

RFA
Voracek
Parise

and for future posts yes I know Parise is practically impossible as is Sharp or Nash but still I figure they deserve some consideration..Just curious to hear if anyone else has suggestions.

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:13 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Wait... Antoine Vermette is a top flight LW?

A) He's a center.
B) He is hardly top flight.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:15 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
Given that I've not only read but heard the argument that the only way a top line player gets moved is if there is a contract dispute or wants out of his current location. So given that everybody reads and hears certain things just curious as to what people think might be a target if any for some top flight left wing talent..Whether it comes from RFA's(whether by offer sheet or trade, UFA's, or Trade..My personal best guesses are as follows..

Trade
Nash
Sharp
Vermette
Booth
Havlat

UFA
Tanguay
Jokinen
Fleischmann

RFA
Voracek
Parise

and for future posts yes I know Parise is practically impossible as is Sharp or Nash but still I figure they deserve some consideration..Just curious to hear if anyone else has suggestions.
Trade
- Nash and Sharp aren't going anywhere.
- Vermette really wouldn't fit with Richards and Gaborik
- Don't really want Havlat
+ I like Booth, but it would probably cost quite a bit to get him, and he has a LONG injury history.

UFA
- Tanguay is not somebody I really want (more of a playmaker and rather have another scorer)
- Fleischmann would be a risk coming off that blood clot
+ I think Jokinen would be a great compliment to Richards and Gaborik (and he'd only cost 3-3.5 per year imo)

RFA
- Voracek and Parise aren't going anywhere

So from that whole list I am only really intrigued by Jokinen and Booth.

04-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Ke11y96

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Wait... Antoine Vermette is a top flight LW?

A) He's a center.
B) He is hardly top flight.
No I know he plays center, but he played a lot of wing in Ottawa and he was good. Is he Nash, or Sharp..Hardly but I think he'd fit real well with those two he's got good hands and speed. To me he's a more skilled Erik Cole..

He's had a career high 65 points and could easily be a 30 goal 35-40 assist wing with those two..I'm just thinking of those typical Glen Sather trade moves that not too many people see coming..

Old
04-28-2011, 09:24 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Voracek has been rumoured available by insiders like Dreger -- and I believe it.

He's the player I want to trade for.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

I would highly approve of trading for Voracek.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Ke11y96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Voracek has been rumoured available by insiders like Dreger -- and I believe it.

Well thats what I'm saying Columbus is a team looking to make a shake up anyways so there's def potential to work something out there..

Old
04-28-2011, 09:28 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:

If that's thru then this below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:33 PM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

vCash: 50
What about Vanek?

I have always LOVED this guy. It seems like no one ever talks about him but he really is the real deal. He quietly had 32 goals and 41 assists this season for 73 points. I would be so happy to see him in a Rangers sweater. I honestly have no idea how realistically movable he is though. He's only 27 too.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:34 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
What about Vanek?

I have always LOVED this guy. It seems like no one ever talks about him but he really is the real deal. He quietly had 32 goals and 41 assists this season for 73 points. I would be so happy to see him in a Rangers sweater. I honestly have no idea how realistically movable he is though. He's only 27 too.
He has a 7 mill cap hit I believe (without checking off the top of my head), if that's the case it's really not feasible.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Quote:
What about Vanek?

No reason for Buffalo to move him. They're in the same position the Rangers are in the process of contention. With the new management they'll be adding, not subtracting.

04-28-2011, 09:35 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

Quote:
What about Vanek?

Buffalo isn't moving him, but as my 2nd favorite non-Ranger, I drool at that thought.

Old
04-28-2011, 09:38 PM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
He has a 7 mill cap hit I believe (without checking off the top of my head), if that's the case it's really not feasible.
You were right. $7,142,857 cap hit ... But I really do think he earns his money.

Old
04-28-2011, 09:40 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik

seems like a plenty good top line to me.

Dubinsky can create space for them, adds some size and grit, is good along the boards and in the corners and has plenty good skill to play with them. I would think that after a year, Kreider could step in and play in that role, so Dubi would only have to be a stop gap anyhow. Even as a rookie, playing with that kind of talent should allow Kreider to play on the 1st line and not be in danger of failing expectations and even if he doesn't perform as we'd hope, Dubinsky can always be moved back up. Frankly, I think Dubinsky would perform really well on Richards wing.

I would just focus on acquiring Richards; I don't think we need to outside the system to fill his wings.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:42 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
If we're not filling the spot from inside the organization (Dubinsky for a year, followed by Kreider - both of which I am 100% fine with) than Voracek is the one I would most want as well. I actually think that on Richards wing he could develop into a Loui Eriksson-esque player and I think he has plenty of talent. He's also definitely available.

Old
04-28-2011, 09:47 PM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post

Dubinsky can create space for them, adds some size and grit, is good along the boards and in the corners and has plenty good skill to play with them. I would think that after a year, Kreider could step in and play in that role, so Dubi would only have to be a stop gap anyhow. Even as a rookie, playing with that kind of talent should allow Kreider to play on the 1st line and not be in danger of failing expectations and even if he doesn't perform as we'd hope, Dubinsky can always be moved back up. Frankly, I think Dubinsky would perform really well on Richards wing.

I would just focus on acquiring Richards; I don't think we need to outside the system to fill his wings.
I can see Dubinsky excelling with Richards centering (then again who wouldn't). With that said I personally don't think of Dubinsky as a first liner so I'd rather have someone a little more talented on the first line. It's weird, but I want first liners on the first line . We certainly wouldn't suffer with Dubinsky there if we didn't have other options though.

Old
04-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Ke11y96

Quote:

I'd be more than ok with that scenario as well..I just wonder if they feel like they have enough talent that can do one on one type play. IMO we have some of the best grinders going but in terms of stickhandling and creativity we don't exactly have that oozing all over.. Voracek has size and that one on one capability as do a few more of the guys i listed. Kreider to me seems more like Booth, Cole, a poor mans Kessel..Do I think Kreider can beat guys one on one of course but he's no dangler or all that creative so hence the thread about a potential lw to a top line. And again I'll state it I wouldn't have a problem what so ever with Kreider coming in and playing left wing to those two..

Old
04-28-2011, 09:48 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

Quote:
If we're not filling the spot from inside the organization (Dubinsky for a year, followed by Kreider - both of which I am 100% fine with) than Voracek is the one I would most want as well. I actually think that on Richards wing he could develop into a Loui Eriksson-esque player and I think he has plenty of talent. He's also definitely available.
Loui Eriksson is a 100% spot on comparison. Smart, savvy, two-way winger who can rip it as well.

Old
04-28-2011, 09:53 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
I can see Dubinsky excelling with Richards centering (then again who wouldn't). With that said I personally don't think of Dubinsky as a first liner so I'd rather have someone a little more talented on the first line. It's weird, but I want first liners on the first line . We certainly wouldn't suffer with Dubinsky there if we didn't have other options though.
I don't disagree, but I also think that a lot of good teams don't keep all their talent on one line anyways, so Dubinsky in that slot is fine. Washington plays Backstrom and Ovie with Knuble. Detroit usually has Datsyuk with Franzen and Holmstrom. Dubinsky reminds me of those players a little bit, all in different ways, but none of them are really top flight first liners (Franzen is pretty close). Crosby plays with Kunitz and Dupuis. I'm just saying, have a guy who can grind along the boards, on the forecheck, in the corners, but has ENOUGH skill to play with the top-line talent can often be a good compliment to a line.

On the other hand, I think Kreider has the potential to be a 1st line talent. Maybe not right away, but even if he wasn't up to snuff off the starting line, it would be hard not to have some success with his skill playing with Richards and Gabby.

If we went the trade route, again, I'd go with Voracek. Young, probably not too costly, and, IMO very comparable to an Eriksson type of player, who Richards is already proven to have good success with.

Old
04-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Ke11y96

So whats the possible price tag for a player like Voracek?? is it only a high end pick? a blue chip prospect and a pick? would Columbus want roster player back?

Old
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Buffalo isn't moving him, but as my 2nd favorite non-Ranger, I drool at that thought.
Buffalo was quite pissed when the Oilers gave him an offer sheet. Obviously, it was matched but I doubt he's going anywhere as well.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Loui Eriksson is a 100% spot on comparison. Smart, savvy, two-way winger who can rip it as well.
I've always thought so. I think as early as a year ago I made a Value Of: Jakub Voracek thread in the trades section, trying to gauge what CBJ fans thought he'd cost and had it in mind that he'd be a great guy to potentially play with Richards if we did acquire him. Richards had great success with Eriksson, probably is responsible in part for the player Eriksson has become, and I think could have a similar chemistry with Voracek, who has a similar skill set and disposition.

Old
04-28-2011, 09:57 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
if we get Richards the left wing has to come from inhouse. I don't understand where we get the cap room for Richards AND any of those guys.

IMO Dubinsky is a fine option.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
So whats the possible price tag for a player like Voracek?? is it only a high end pick? a blue chip prospect and a pick? would Columbus want roster player back?
They would definitely want a blue-chip prospect back, as I can't see us giving up a significant roster player.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:58 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

1st + Del Zotto for Voracek. Do it.