HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF: (2) Philadelphia Flyers vs (3) Boston Bruins

Old
05-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Wait...what?

Add: Versteeg, Zherdev, Meszaros, O'Donnell, Bobrovsky, Shelly/Rinaldo (ew). 2 new top 9 players, a goalie, and 2 pretty important defenders?
You forgot to mention that one of those is a Superstar, and the other is a sure-fire Superstar.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:12 PM
ShotScore*

It's another fine mess we've gotten ourselves into.

We are now in the position of having to win the next 4 out of 5.

People are going to bring up last year but my feeling is that if we go to Boston and lose and go down 3-0 we are getting swept.

I never thought I would say that about this team. I always knew in the back of my mind that our goaltending situation was going to hurt us at some point, but to think we could get swept out of the playoffs?

Unthinkable.

Until last night happened.

If we lose this series, this organization had better do some real soul searching and think about what getting a great goaltender can do for your team.

Not that we need any more lessons.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:24 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Quote:
The hole thing is do you play an injured goalie (he broke a finger right?) who, even if its still just a finger is injured, or go with a rookie goalie. Maybe its just me, but a injured goalie worries me more than a rookie goalie.
i thought X-Rays were negative? No way he is out there with a broken finger.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:30 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
i thought X-Rays were negative? No way he is out there with a broken finger.
You got a link? Not that I dont beleive you, its just that the last thing I read was something about a finger being broken.

Maybe I misread it.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:31 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Also a read on JVR...I wanna hate it but I just cant....

http://daysofyorr.com/2011-articles/...exclusive.html

Old
05-03-2011, 12:31 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post

People are going to bring up last year but my feeling is that if we go to Boston and lose and go down 3-0 we are getting swept.

I never thought I would say that about this team. I always knew in the back of my mind that our goaltending situation was going to hurt us at some point, but to think we could get swept out of the playoffs?

Unthinkable.

If we lose this series, this organization had better do some real soul searching and think about what getting a great goaltender can do for your team.

injuries. that will be excuses A,B and C for Holmgren. not goaltending, not that our role players arent good enough, not we have a weak link in Matt Carle on the blueline. None of that.
He will blame injuries, he will tweak the roster and sign a random backup goalie to replace Boucher if he doesnt bring him back. Oh Holmgren will say he will adress the goaltending like he said last offseason and oh how did that work out again?
Its time to trade away some of our precious depth on this cough, cough "stacked roster" cough, cough and go out and get a true #1. But we know that isnt going to happen. Not in my lifetime.
Edit: I know Bobrovsky could be that guy. But is he now? It is still up in the air. Kid is talented. there is no denying that. But he is still young and there are some things he needs to work on.

Old
05-03-2011, 12:45 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

Quote:
You got a link? Not that I dont beleive you, its just that the last thing I read was something about a finger being broken.

Maybe I misread it.
take it for what its worth, but I did see this.

philabright Ryan Bright
Brian Boucher says he returned to the.game last night after xrays were negative. Doctors helped him out and he expects to start wed.
56 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Old
05-03-2011, 12:47 PM
ShotScore*

Quote:
injuries. that will be excuses A,B and C for Holmgren. not goaltending, not that our role players arent good enough, not we have a weak link in Matt Carle on the blueline. None of that.
He will blame injuries, he will tweak the roster and sign a random backup goalie to replace Boucher if he doesnt bring him back. Oh Holmgren will say he will adress the goaltending like he said last offseason and oh how did that work out again?
Its time to trade away some of our precious depth on this cough, cough "stacked roster" cough, cough and go out and get a true #1. But we know that isnt going to happen. Not in my lifetime.
Edit: I know Bobrovsky could be that guy. But is he now? It is still up in the air. Kid is talented. there is no denying that. But he is still young and there are some things he needs to work on.

Yeah well guess what?

If that happens then I make a nice little phone call to the Flyers offices and tell them to cancel my season tickets.

No excuses anymore.

Get a goalie!

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:48 PM
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP

Bob got a shutout last night. just sayin

Seriously in the 10 minutes he played he looked pretty good

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by girouxrichards View Post
Bob got a shutout last night. just sayin

Seriously in the 10 minutes he played he looked pretty good
I'll take it.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 01:17 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post

Unthinkable.

Ugh..this again. Fine, I agree blame the goalies for game 1. Game 2 - we beat ourselves and Thomas beat us...Bouch did not lose for us. We need to get grittier around the net and some of our older players need to be willing to get their noses dirty. And by older I mean those who are not the young guys. I am sick of Richards and Timonen at this point. We resorted back to overplaying our PP again, Richards literally hits a logo whenever he shoots no matter who the goalie is.

As we did pre-Pronger return (although short)... half our team is playing with ALL that they have, and the other half is playing with 80%. The Bruins (for a number of reasons) are like rabid dogs who taste blood - they aren't going to stop coming after us...so everyone needs to man up and give it 100% or we are out in 5

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 03:26 PM
cbenn314

Completely agree w/FlyersMania here.

I dont post much, and I am not a former hockey player who can talk the game like I can baseball or football. But Timmonen and Richards are driving me nuts. Shots right to the chest. Didnt Lavy even say something about that during the Buffalo series?

And why arent we diving at shots to block them? I about blew a gasket when Hartnell did last night...havent seen that in forever!

cbenn314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 03:39 PM
DenverBoone

Quote:
Matt Carle a "weak link?" Give your head a shake. Career best in assists, more points than any other Flyers defensemen this year. One of the best passers on the team. Great plus/minus.

Are you one of those that bases your opinion entirely on the fact that he doesn't hit hard. How do you explain Timonen having his worst game of the year yesterday?

Who was the weak link last night?

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 03:46 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
Matt Carle a "weak link?" Give your head a shake. Career best in assists, more points than any other Flyers defensemen this year. One of the best passers on the team. Great plus/minus.

Are you one of those that bases your opinion entirely on the fact that he doesn't hit hard. How do you explain Timonen having his worst game of the year yesterday?

Matt Carle has been damn near dreadful in the defensive zone. Points out of a dman are nice only when he's able to back it up where it really matters.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 03:50 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

Since your staring at stats, take a look at them playoff stats.

Cant really blame Pronger anymore either.

Old
05-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Mojo19
GOlf LEAFS GOlf!

Leafs fan here, I come in peace.

I liked the way Bobrovsky played last night too, does anyone think he'll start in Game #3?

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 04:51 PM
trigzter

our biggest problem outside of goaltending is our defenses lack of a good shot. Even with Pronger its just not enough. Sure Mez snipes one once in a while, but Kimmo Carle and Coburn can't shoot for their lives.

trigzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 04:57 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo027 View Post
Leafs fan here, I come in peace.

I liked the way Bobrovsky played last night too, does anyone think he'll start in Game #3?
Not really, no. The team lives and dies with Boucher.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 05:04 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Not really, no. The team lives and dies with Boucher.
I never fully understood it though. I visit other forums, and they said the same thing. They went on to say that even if Boosh kept giving up 3+ goals a game you continue to go with him.

What kind of logic is that? I guess I just dont understand it.

Old
05-03-2011, 05:50 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
I never fully understood it though. I visit other forums, and they said the same thing. They went on to say that even if Boosh kept giving up 3+ goals a game you continue to go with him.

What kind of logic is that? I guess I just dont understand it.
That's not my logic, that's the team's logic. It's pretty evident they are set on Boucher.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 06:21 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:

No one cares about Carle's improved offensive statistics, he's not a forward. Carle gets caught cheating too much, is a turnover machine (particularly in his own zone), and is abysmal on the powerplay.

Carle has been hands down the worst defenseman on the team so far this post-season; I hope to god he is moved this off-season.

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 06:21 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
I don't blame Boucher for losing Game 2, because Thomas stole the game. That in a nutshell was what is really wrong with our goaltending, though. We lose playoff games because of the other team's goalie, but no one loses games because of our goaltender.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 07:10 PM
RI.B FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Habs fan here just to say im rooting for you guys against the bruins i hope you kick the **** out of those lucky ****.

Flyers in 6 is my call you ate their soul last year they won't be able to comeback this year.

Flyers are our rivals but a much less dirty team than the bruins so i respect your team at least, i have no respect whatsoever for the bruins.

Really hope you crush them.
Poor you!

RI.B FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Flyerfan4life

i refuse to beleive Bob, wont get the start for game 3 till i see otherwise something offical..

i cant wrap my head around why they keep going back to Boosh..

if that is the case and Bob is the backup yet again for game 3, then there must seriously be something going on backstage..

Bob was terrific coming in relief and without question should have been allowed to finish out the game..

go back to the goalie who allowed 3, or sit the goalie who allowed ZERO..

/facepalm..

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 08:29 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Bob was good but let's not forget how out of position he was when that puck hit the post

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote