HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF: (2) Philadelphia Flyers vs (3) Boston Bruins

Old
05-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

vCash: 500

Courtesy of Moen in Glory

edit: Richards vs McQuaid

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:00 AM
Bryz4shiz

I see two scenarios, we win the next game in overtime, blow the Bruins out in game 5 and do the unthinkable, or we lose the next game close. I still have faith. This team can do the unimaginable two years in a row. GO FLYERS, bring it back to Phillly.

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:11 AM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KeithLeClair25 View Post
I see two scenarios, we win the next game in overtime, blow the Bruins out in game 5 and do the unthinkable, or we lose the next game close. I still have faith. This team can do the unimaginable two years in a row. GO FLYERS, bring it back to Phillly.
Thomas is playing to good right now and our defense is way to inconsistent. I don't think its going to happen.

Unless Bob catches fire over night and the Flyers decide they are going to try and win some face offs this series is not going to make game 6. If they can somehow win the next two then I will allow myself a little bit of hope

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:26 AM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KeithLeClair25 View Post
**** IT, I'm with you. In bobs we trust!

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:34 AM
Jtown

Why?

Why are the Flyers so cruel?

What we are doing to Boston is completely uncalled for. Yes I know that these two teams are bitter rivals, but that is no excuse for the behavior displayed by the Flyers organization. To spot Boston a 3-0 series lead last year only to laugh and come back and beat them is criminal enough, but to do it two years in a row is down right sadistic.
We can only hope that Bettman jumps in and does something before this goes to another game 7.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:59 AM
PhilaFlyers

THE SAVIOR

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 08:40 AM
04' hockey

somebody call the cops.....

they got Mike Richards.....no way in hell the guy wearing #18 is Mike Richards

04' hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:22 AM
lextune
I'm too old for this

The entire city of Montreal just called 911.

lextune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Is it bad that I hope the Flyers lose on Friday? I don't feel like paying for my tickets for Sunday just to see them lose. I'd like to just keep that money. This series is completely different than last year and the Flyers are not coming back. And in the wild event that they pull off some miracle they're not winning the Cup this year anyway.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

I have faith in Bob, but not in the rest of those suckers.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Jtown

Am I a sick SOB for honestly believing that we can come back and win? We win game 4 we come back to philly with some momentum. THe fans will be going crazy knowing that if we win that game we make the bruins play a must win game Sunday. The Bruins will have so much pressure on them to win game 6 it will be a bit insane. Questions about last year's epic comeback will be everywhere. That game 6 is a toss up, but the bruins know that if they dont win it the series is over.

I love the flyers, and maybe i am blinded by love, but i believe. And after last year, none of you better give up hope.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:18 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Is it bad that I hope the Flyers lose on Friday? I don't feel like paying for my tickets for Sunday just to see them lose. I'd like to just keep that money. This series is completely different than last year and the Flyers are not coming back. And in the wild event that they pull off some miracle they're not winning the Cup this year anyway.
I don't root for them to lose, but I'm sort of looking forward to this team having a longer summer to re-charge the battery and be able to fully evaluate the team without being clouded by a Cup run.

Cup Finalists have a tendency to bounce the following season. Take your medicine and be ready to go for next season.

The Flyers over the last year or so have proven their mettle in desire and not quitting, and it's been 13 years since we've been swept. At some point too much is too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Am I a sick SOB for honestly believing that we can come back and win? We win game 4 we come back to philly with some momentum. THe fans will be going crazy knowing that if we win that game we make the bruins play a must win game Sunday. The Bruins will have so much pressure on them to win game 6 it will be a bit insane. Questions about last year's epic comeback will be everywhere. That game 6 is a toss up, but the bruins know that if they dont win it the series is over.

I love the flyers, and maybe i am blinded by love, but i believe. And after last year, none of you better give up hope.
Your cart is before the horse. Home ice is no advantage for the 2011 Flyers. They talked all season about how much it mattered to them, and then lost 4 of their 6 home playoff games. Start with Game 4. Any game after Game 4 is an advantage in the sense that the games still have to be played.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:18 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post

Last year is even more reason for me to give up hope.

They did the unthinkable, the first time it had happened in damn near forever. The chances of them doing it in two years, against the same team? Impossible. Especially when, almost to a man, they are playing like dog sh--.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:22 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Last year is even more reason for me to give up hope.

They did the unthinkable, the first time it had happened in damn near forever. The chances of them doing it in two years, against the same team? Impossible. Especially when, almost to a man, they are playing like dog sh--.
Ya... atleast last season we werent getting our ass kicked this much, and the team looked like they actually tried playing.

Reminds me of this picture.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:25 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ya... atleast last season we werent getting our ass kicked this much, and the team looked like they actually tried playing.

I've been saying since February that this team lacks the quality of last year's in terms of being able to deal with adversity and show a bit of passion. I know I'm not alone in that observation, but somehow it's eluded a lot of blind fans (and apparently the team itself.)

Old
05-05-2011, 12:07 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I don't root for them to lose, but I'm sort of looking forward to this team having a longer summer to re-charge the battery and be able to fully evaluate the team without being clouded by a Cup run.

Cup Finalists have a tendency to bounce the following season. Take your medicine and be ready to go for next season.

The Flyers over the last year or so have proven their mettle in desire and not quitting, and it's been 13 years since we've been swept. At some point too much is too much.

Your cart is before the horse. Home ice is no advantage for the 2011 Flyers. They talked all season about how much it mattered to them, and then lost 4 of their 6 home playoff games. Start with Game 4. Any game after Game 4 is an advantage in the sense that the games still have to be played.
Not only that, but the Bruins have been a better road team than a home team during the regular season and playoffs (4-1 road, 3-2 home). Pisses off the season ticket holders (lol), but makes the thought of returning to PHI for a Game 5 not very scary.

From an outside observer: Flyers look cooked? I think the goaltending merry-go-round has taken it's toll. A team doesn't necessarily need a goalie to pitch shutouts every night, but they do need the timely save, something that the Philly goalies have not been providing.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post

That picture would be great...if a facepalm didn't pretty much preclude something terrible happening which, in this context, would be while a game was occurring.

I like the idea...just poorly captioned.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:28 PM
BWAVgal
A sad Flyers fan

We're done. So ready for this to be over. I am not upset, I've just accepted that this is over. I will just be rooting against Boston and TB, I couldn't stand seeing TB franchise win another Cup. SJ or VAN will be either team.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

I will throw up if TB wins the cup.

Intentional Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:34 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna View Post
I will be happy for Gagne.

Old
05-05-2011, 12:34 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
I've been saying since February that this team lacks the quality of last year's in terms of being able to deal with adversity and show a bit of passion. I know I'm not alone in that observation, but somehow it's eluded a lot of blind fans (and apparently the team itself.)
I'd have to disagree with you there. While this team differs in many ways from last year, I don't think dealing with adversity is an issue. The slumped the last part of the season and played like crap, but they rebounded nicely in the playoffs. They dealt with the lack of Pronger for the first part of the season and most of the first series. The came back from down 3-2 against Buffalo. They're backs are up against the wall now, and even if they get swept tomorrow, it won't be because they aren't dealing with adversity. It wil because the Bruins are flat out beating them. They came out flat yesterday but they battled back, they just couldn't beat Thomas. **** happens, but I wouldn't call it an inability to deal w/ adversity. They aren't playing well and Boston is.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:41 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'd have to disagree with you there. While this team differs in many ways from last year, I don't think dealing with adversity is an issue. The slumped the last part of the season and played like crap, but they rebounded nicely in the playoffs. They dealt with the lack of Pronger for the first part of the season and most of the first series. The came back from down 3-2 against Buffalo. They're backs are up against the wall now, and even if they get swept tomorrow, it won't be because they aren't dealing with adversity. It wil because the Bruins are flat out beating them. They came out flat yesterday but they battled back, they just couldn't beat Thomas. **** happens, but I wouldn't call it an inability to deal w/ adversity. They aren't playing well and Boston is.
What world do you live in, dude?

They did practically nothing worth mentioning in the third period last night. The team looked defeated well before that game ended, and losing by a final of 5-1 hardly constitutes 'battling back.'

Going back before that, they hit slumps and losing stretches and never really found a way to right the ship and play hard for any stretch of games. They coasted into the playoffs mired by a long stretch of AWFUL play and were really their own doing. They played pretty well against an inferior team in Buffalo and yes, they overcame bad goaltending in some games, but if you really want to point to coming back against the #7 seed in a series they should have won easily as a sign of really overcoming adversity, you're delusional. This team has not overcome nearly as much as last year, or shown the sort of heart and determination that last year's had outside of a few players.

You really have some dark orange tinted glasses, don't you?

Old
05-05-2011, 12:50 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
I will be happy for Gagne.
Same. I actually like the Bolts, and out of everyone remaining I'd like them or the Preds to win. I'm not a fan by a longshot, but I like St. Louis and I wouldn't mind Gags getting a Cup, even if the wrong logo is on the ring.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:51 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna View Post
I will take TB any day over Boston. Consitering where I live and I have had the Pats and Redsox shoved down my throat recently, a Bruins SC win would really suck for me.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 05-05-2011 at 01:47 PM.
GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Look for Lavy to totally scramble lines and add Walker or Gus for Syvret on Fri. Hey, nothing to lose.
-Sam Car

WALLLLLKKKEEEERRRR (oh gawd). Hoping Gus gets a game in.

Also Bob getting most of the shots at practice with Backlund/Boosh rotating at one end! Good decision Lavy.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote