HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Rookie Camp Photos & Thoughts

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Rookie Camp Photos & Thoughts

Argh, I'm sorry for the lack of quality in these photos. I honestly didn't have much to work with. But a guess they are better than nothing, so I'm gonna post some of them.

Here are a few photos:

From left to right:
1.McKenna and Moir
2.Lassila
3.McKenna and Moir again
4.Radulov
5.Radulov and Sulzer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goalies.jpg‎ (12.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg lassila.jpg‎ (10.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg twogoalies.jpg‎ (8.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg radulov.jpg‎ (9.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg radulov2.jpg‎ (11.5 KB, 45 views)

Old
07-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Jarnberg

1. Meidl
2. Niskala
3. Players
4. Crowd
5. McKenna

Radulov looked awesome out there. Scored numerous goals and pulled some very nice moves. The crowd seemed 'wowed' by alot of them! Segal looked very good too. From what I saw Upshall didn't look good at all out there, but he really doesn't have alot to prove in this conditioning camp. Weber had a cannon out there and looked impressive. I'll try to post some more thoughts after work....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meidal.jpg‎ (13.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg niskala.jpg‎ (12.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg players1.jpg‎ (12.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg crowd.jpg‎ (17.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg mckenna.jpg‎ (10.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Jarnberg: 07-07-2004 at 04:44 PM.
Old
07-07-2004, 05:06 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

what did you think of niskala? my friend said that he "stood out" and had "some sick moves." he also reiterated that radulov and segal were impressive, as well.

Old
07-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
what did you think of niskala? my friend said that he "stood out" and had "some sick moves." he also reiterated that radulov and segal were impressive, as well.
Segal couldn't hit the broad side of the barn today.

Old
07-07-2004, 05:20 PM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
Lassila looks huge.

I never realized he was that big, do they use smaller nets during the camp or something?

Old
07-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Jarnberg

From what I saw, Segal was making his shots. Sometimes he would be paired up with Radulov; they put on a show. One time a player tried to pin Radulov while he had the puck, Radulov just went through the player and brought the puck up the ice to make a sweet pass to a teammate. I really didn't watch Niskala that much. He seemed to have a pretty good shot and had some moves. Lassila actually didn't look that big, thats probably my crappy photos making him look bigger...

Hopefully I'll be there tomorrow as well. I'll try to take some better pictures if I go, but its hard to get some good shots there.

Old
07-08-2004, 01:59 AM
Gardebut30

what do you guys think of mckenna? i played with him in college for 3 yrs. and want to know what those from the stands think

Old
07-08-2004, 02:02 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Just curious to those who went. What there impressions of Fugere were. I know Yablonski doesn't have any real shot of being anything but an enforcer, but does Fugere have the skill set to be more?

Old
07-08-2004, 09:04 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

I'll be there today and I'll give some feedback tonight.

Old
07-08-2004, 10:06 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
Just curious to those who went. What there impressions of Fugere were. I know Yablonski doesn't have any real shot of being anything but an enforcer, but does Fugere have the skill set to be more?
I don't remember much other than he was very wide. The biggest guy there weight wise, If I'm not mistaken. He gave it his all from what I remember. I'll pay a touch more attention to him today.

Old
07-08-2004, 10:12 AM
Jarnberg

Fugere couldn't score, I can tell you that.

McKenna looked pretty good out there.

Old
07-08-2004, 08:30 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Today's thoughts by me:

*Bear in mind that I'm no expert on hockey nor have I ever played, but here was my take on who I paid attention to. Also, I'm only commenting on the players I watched. All I saw were the forwards so I can't comment on the d-men.

upshall= IMO had an excellent day and really showed off his skills. He looked the best out there. I see him contending for a roster spot

segal= REALLY surprised me. this guy is bigger than I imagined and really looked good. I could see him as a 4th liner in nashville EASY.

radulov=WOW is all I can say. he has the most raw offensive talent I've seen in a pred. IMO he show boated/puck hogged a bit, but no big deal. The chl/ahl will work out his kinks.

santorelli=I think in a couple of years this guy could be contending for a roster spot. He showed some very good offensive skills and smart passing.

yablonski= I was somewhat impressed with how well he seemed to pass and score and my God is he HUGE. He's almost as wide as he is tall. I know he's a bit old and probably a ahl/fringe guy but he wasn't all bad.

brown & betts= not much to say other than they both weren't very good IMO. brown being worse than betts, but I guess since brown is a borderline enforcer that's ok.

mckenna= youch is all I can say. A few good saves but overall unimpressive. maybe I caught him on a bad day.

moir= surprised me and looks like a solid prospect.

I didn't get to check out fugere or meidel. I saw a bit of lassila and he looked durn good.

Anyone else going to be there saturday and sunday? If so maybe we could meet up

Last edited by crossxcheck: 07-08-2004 at 08:37 PM.
Old
07-11-2004, 05:20 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
After today and yesterday, I take back anything bad I said about mckenna. suprsingly enough he was the best goalie out there today and made some sick saves. Afterwards, mckenna gave a little kid his stick and I could tell it made that kid's day. it leaves me almost thinking that I confused moir and mckenna from the first day I went...haha. moir seems terribly slow, but being only 18 he has time to develop.

Radulov, on a breakaway drill, made an unbelievably awesome move to put the puck over the goalie's (can't remember who it was) left shoulder.

segal sure looked good again today.

Also, does anyone know anything about this pelham guy that was at the camp? I can't find any info on him.

Old
07-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
After today and yesterday, I take back anything bad I said about mckenna. suprsingly enough he was the best goalie out there today and made some sick saves. Afterwards, mckenna gave a little kid his stick and I could tell it made that kid's day. it leaves me almost thinking that I confused moir and mckenna from the first day I went...haha. moir seems terribly slow, but being only 18 he has time to develop.

Radulov, on a breakaway drill, made an unbelievably awesome move to put the puck over the goalie's (can't remember who it was) left shoulder.

segal sure looked good again today.

Also, does anyone know anything about this pelham guy that was at the camp? I can't find any info on him.
Agrees with the awesomeness that was Mike McKenna today...

I didn't know how fast Klein was until he and Stehlik? beat a couple of forwards in the puck control race

I believe Pelham was a team invitee

Old
07-12-2004, 06:06 AM
Jamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs
Lassila looks huge.

I never realized he was that big, do they use smaller nets during the camp or something?
Is that golie Lassila or Pekka Rinne? Lassila is 6"0 and Peksi 6"3 so it can be Peksi in the picture.

Old
07-12-2004, 11:40 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamina
Is that golie Lassila or Pekka Rinne? Lassila is 6"0 and Peksi 6"3 so it can be Peksi in the picture.
It is Lassila. Rinne had white pads.

Old
07-13-2004, 08:12 AM
STEELHEADSFAN

Yabber pics!

Can anyone shoot me some pics of Jeremy in camp? The wife and I are good friends of his since he played here in Boise ID with the Steelheads. I appreciate the help! Hopefully Jeremy will get some time with your club. He is a legitimate heavy, with great power. You'll be extremely impressed with his punching power, and he can cover the ice and hit like a truck too.

I am so damn happy he is with your club now. St. Louis didn't give him the chance he needs. But now that he had sucessful surgery on his shoulder, and is with a club that isn't as closed minded like the Blues were he is happier than ever. Your going to be quite impressed with this kid, I am sure about that!

I look forward to following your club all season!

All the best from Boise!

Chris

Old
07-13-2004, 09:23 AM
hillbilly

I don't know if Yablonski will have a shot this year. McKenzie is going to play next year, and its rare a team will dress 2 heavies , though I think Jeremy has a great shot at being McKenzie's replacement after this year

Old
07-13-2004, 09:53 AM
STEELHEADSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I don't know if Yablonski will have a shot this year. McKenzie is going to play next year, and its rare a team will dress 2 heavies , though I think Jeremy has a great shot at being McKenzie's replacement after this year
You actually read my mind. I see him getting some time up, but mainly with MIL. Then next season getting the nod. But who knows? Injuries...etc. etc. You may get to see more of Yabo than you think. Who's gonna bring a video camera to camp? I'm expecting Jer to test the waters first scrimmage. He went Reed Low last season at the Blues camp. And did very well.

Old
07-13-2004, 10:17 AM
hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELHEADSFAN
You actually read my mind. I see him getting some time up, but mainly with MIL. Then next season getting the nod. But who knows? Injuries...etc. etc. You may get to see more of Yabo than you think. Who's gonna bring a video camera to camp? I'm expecting Jer to test the waters first scrimmage. He went Reed Low last season at the Blues camp. And did very well.

I think he beat on 2 guys in camp last year didn't he? I also wander if Milwaukee will keep there enforcer(Ivanans) even though they'll have Yablonski. Yablonski could fight Fugere in camp maybe or even McKenzie

Old
07-13-2004, 10:29 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELHEADSFAN
He just became my new hero. Jeremy taking on Reed Low. Now that's a pretty picture to visualize.

In rookie conditioning camp, I was very surprized by his skill level. I had expected just a big "enforcer" with nothing else to offer. I was thrilled when I saw that skill level. From what I saw of Mac last season (on ice, of course), Jeremy could definitely handle that spot with a few more skills. However, MAC was definitely a locker room presence that helped quite a few of our guys. I watched him teach Erat and Vladdy some moves that were beautifully executed when Calgary was in Nashville. They kept 2 of the Flames pinned to the ice while Vokoun and Ignilia were going at it. I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my seat.
:lol

Jeremy certainly did look like he was having fun and had a tremendous smile everytime I saw him.

Old
07-13-2004, 10:35 AM
hillbilly

Erat is a pretty fiesty guy, one of these days he's gonna pull a Kovalchuk move and snapp on someone.

I think McKenzie also has a big impact on Tootoo. I noticed during warm-ups the fews games I went to, Tootoo and McKenzie were always togather. McKenzie would always be picking at him to.

Old
07-13-2004, 01:47 PM
STEELHEADSFAN

You'll find Jer as one of the nicest, and easiest people to talk to. I'm glad there are some great fans on here to keep us updated. I had a few at St. Louis too, but now he's a Pred! I'll be keeping in touch all year long. And probably making a few trips when he is up!

Old
07-13-2004, 02:51 PM
crossxcheck

I too was impressed with yabo. Not only with who dang huge he was and his overal demeanor, but he seemed to have slightly above average skills for an "enforcer" type.

Also, I noticed that tootoo and mckenzie seemed to be big buddies, too. every time during warm ups if you watched them you'd see mac hitting toots in the back of the leg with his stick or pushing him against the boards. they seemed to really have a good time together.

Closed Thread