HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey = Class

Old
04-28-2011, 09:24 AM
MOOKER411

vCash: 500
Carey = Class

I am a Bruins fan and want to give you guys huge props for this series. I have always hated Montreal but I will say this.." Carey Price is the classiest player in the league". His comments after the game about Thomas were just plain classy. I would take him on my team any time.
Your Habs played with so much heart that you should have nothing but admiration for them. I know I do. I also know that if we don't make changes in our roster that you will blow us out of the water next season. Pacioretti and Markov not playing obviously made the difference in the series. I will not defend Chara or any other player for those kinds of stupid plays and the league had better fix these cheap hits before someone is killed. I see alot of holes in our game but you guys are literally a piece or two away from a cup. Even though we are moving on, I cannot honestly say the same about our team. I cannot watch the Bruins with confidence although I did have the confidence in 2009 and we blew it against Carolina because we did not play with the heart that your Canadiens constantly show. If you can rid yourselves of Gomez and get a half decent player in return you will be deadly.
Anyways, this has been the most nerve racking and heart wrenching series I can ever remember and I don't want to face you guys for several years. Stay classy.

MOOKER411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:36 AM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

Very classy post. I KNEW there were nice guys on your side

I just love what the future will bring us: Price, Subban, Eller, Webber and MaxPax. That's quite a young impressive core. I also must admit I really like Thomas and Bergeron has also been impressive. Good luck (but not too much!...) for your next series.

roy munson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:40 AM
smon

In turn, I admit to a begrudging admiration for the irritating ways of Brad Marchand. And how in the world did Patrice Bergeron unlock the key to winning faceoffs?

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:46 AM
One Trick Pony

OMG I have hope in Bruins fans now! But nah you're probably the only one.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:52 AM
MicroFracture

Aw, I like when there is respect between the two fanbases, even with the rivalry.

I don't feel really bad about losing, I knew we weren't Cup contenders, but with a few tweaks our lineup could go deep in the playoffs...especially with the emergence of our young talent (Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Eller, Desharnais) surrounded by veterans who never give up. It'll be an interesting off-season.

MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:52 AM
kingshmegland

As a B's fan, watching Subban opened my eyes. The kid can flat out skate and he seemed very composed when he had to bring the puck up through the neutral zone. The Kid has an absolute cannon of a shot.

Also, it seems to me that the Hab's really work on passing. Every time a Bruin attacked the puck, it was a stick to stick pass which was very impressive along with the speed and the Hab's. Also, the ability to force the neutral zone mistake and as fast as I could say Damn, they we're in our zone.

kingshmegland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:53 AM
neofury*

Looks like Bergeron might be coming back to full form... that's going to make losing Savard an actual benefit to the Bruins if it happens. They'll be able to load up on another quality asset or two this UFA period.

I think both teams have a bright future, probably brighter if we didn't keep having to face one another in the first round

This series had ECF written all over. Grats on the win, I have to give credit where it's due, I've always thought Thomas was overrated due to the way he played against us. He really stepped it up this series and we witnessed some of the best goaltending in a series of the last decade.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 09:59 AM
sheed36

You're correct Carey is class but so are the rest of the Habs organization.. One thing you rarely see from any Habs player is them whining or calling out other players in the media.. Also for all the hate that PK gets he's always respectful and well spoken when talking to the media..

People can say what they want about the Habs but whining to the media like some teams constantly do (cough *Boston* cough) isn't something anyone can say they do..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Megaforce

I lurked in the Bruins discussion forum and found a lot of the posters to be quite good, definitely belying the reputation they've earned by association with Jack Edwards and a few other fringe maniacs. I strongly disliked the Bruins but I bear no further grudge.

I'm not entirely sold on the Bruins as Cup winners, but then again all teams have flaws.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 10:31 AM
MOOKER411

I really should quit giving so many props to you guys but your team really showed me the meaning of the word Character. I have never had one good thing to say about the Habs before this years playoffs but this year...something happened. The start of game 6. That was the single greatest opening ceremony I have ever seen. Like I said, I am not a Habs fan BUT from the passing of the torch to the kid taking it and skating to center ice then the flames spreading accross the ice and following the Montreal players as they skated then the orchestra and to top it off the overall electricity of the building was jaw dropping and I had chills like never before. Bob Cole was right, "They really know how to do it in Montreal". The one thing you did win which might not mean anything to any of you is my Respect .
I hope we can go all the way this year because like I said before, the emergence of your young players and heart of everyone else ( except Gomez ) you will be deadly and again, I do not look forward to the futre unless we make some changes.
Be proud. Stay proud.

MOOKER411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Bob in Niagara

It was one heck of a series....epic battle every game...every shift...and not too much goonery by the Bruins...which mildly surprised me...but then again...our power play was deadly...and so was our PK...good luck to Boston in the next round...

Bob in Niagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 50
PK earned a lot of respect after he scored a clutch goal late in the 3rd. Most Bruins fans thinks he is just there to bark and dive....he is a spectacular player with extreme talent.

By the way his one timer was one of the hardest one i have ever seen. That was easily over 100 mph

Chris Pronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Nice post....it definately made hating you guys just alittle bit harder

As much as I enjoy the rivalry, I'd be perfectly happy not playing the B's in the first round for a long long time.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan182018 View Post
PK earned a lot of respect after he scored a clutch goal late in the 3rd. Most Bruins fans thinks he is just there to bark and dive....he is a spectacular player with extreme talent.

By the way his one timer was one of the hardest one i have ever seen. That was easily over 100 mph
Actually it's every fan base around the league including your own Flyers. The kid has so much talent it's unreal, yet the people only see the negative side of things. The reason I don't get bothered by that is the same as Crosby, remember how everyone hated this guy, still do for some reason never admitting he is the best player in the world. PK is a hell of a player, and I don't care what anyone thinks of him, we know how good this kid really is.

That shot was sick, never saw it leave his stick

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Alaix
I believe.

vCash: 1076
Thanks for the post, wish more Bruins fans were like you.

Price was right though, Thomas = vezina winner this year

Alaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 11:57 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Actually it's every fan base around the league including your own Flyers. The kid has so much talent it's unreal, yet the people only see the negative side of things. The reason I don't get bothered by that is the same as Crosby, remember how everyone hated this guy, still do for some reason never admitting he is the best player in the world. PK is a hell of a player, and I don't care what anyone thinks of him, we know how good this kid really is.

That shot was sick, never saw it leave his stick
You have to understand it isn't 100% their fault. They all just buy up whatever the media tells them and frankly the media talks a lot of **** about PK outside of Montreal. Same with a lot of players who don't like PK like Richards etc.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
You have to understand it isn't 100% their fault. They all just buy up whatever the media tells them and frankly the media talks a lot of **** about PK outside of Montreal. Same with a lot of players who don't like PK like Richards etc.
But you would think watching the kid play they would think differently, they don't so you start to wonder if they even understand talent

Old
04-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan182018 View Post

I wish the technology was in place to measure some of these in-game shots. The extra adrenaline of a playoff game must really get those pucks moving...

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 12:05 PM
EverettMike

Carey Price has been extremely classy and the way he handled himself this year is remarkable.

Thought he was incredible in this series and I wish you guys had kept Halak now.

You guys got a good one for a long time to come.

Dang.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 12:06 PM
number71*

Yes. THough he never played anywhere near to Halak last year by stealing a series or two.

number71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Carey Price has been extremely classy and the way he handled himself this year is remarkable.

Thought he was incredible in this series and I wish you guys had traded Halak now.

You guys got a good one for a long time to come.

Dang.
With the Maple Leafs being so nice to the Bruins, both teams have great future and the rivalry is far from being over. It will only get better

Old
04-28-2011, 12:09 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
I wish the technology was in place to measure some of these in-game shots. The extra adrenaline of a playoff game must really get those pucks moving...
We had the glowing puck for awhile that charted the speed of a puck .

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
I remember that crap from FOX, that was so pathetic

Old
04-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
That joke??!!?

How to tell a pass from a slapshot - what a disgrace.

I was more looking for flashing the speed of the occasional big, booming slapshot up on the scoreboard once in awhile

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOKER411 View Post
I am a Bruins fan and want to give you guys huge props for this series. I have always hated Montreal but I will say this.." Carey Price is the classiest player in the league". His comments after the game about Thomas were just plain classy.
does anyone have a link to his comments about Thomas?

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote