HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Milan Lucic to Montréal

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2011, 03:05 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
its really not, i HATE when ppl are homers, and im a big fan of subban despite the fact he gets under my skin when i watch habs games, but Lucic is by far the more superior.

30 goal scorer, 100 PIMS, theres only 1 other guy in the league who did that, his name is corey perry (he's not perry, i know, but hes that kinda player and hes not done growing)

but to the OP it'll NEVER happen as long as the bruins and habs are rivals...sooooooo yeah....
Subban was much, much better than Lucic in the last series though. It wasn't even close. Subban was one of the best skaters on either team in that series.

Saying Lucic "is by far the more superior" is crazy. This was Subban's ROOKIE YEAR. The guy has nowhere to go but up and he's already making a name for himself as one of the top 30 in the league.

waffledave
Old
04-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

it doesn't matter who had a better series at the end of the day if montreal wants lucic, one of boston's best players and a fan favourite, it's going to take a massive overpayment.

habs fans may think subban is fair value but it's not going to get anything done. you'd be looking at something ridiculous like price and subban just to get boston to even think about trading lucic to their biggest rival. that's why this conversation isn't even worth having.

Old
04-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

if i was montreal i wouldnt trade Subban for Lucic. Subbans a beauty

Old
04-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Pliff

I hate Lucic. Lucic is a player 29 other teams love to hate but all secretly would love him on their team.

I mean the guy scored 30 goals while being a pest, being physical and being gritty. How much more can you ask from a player? He's usually a pain to play against because he can be scary in so many situations.

The Bruins are lucky to have him, and as a Habs fan, I wouldnt want to give up what it would take to get him out of Boston.

He's one of those players along with Chara who I pray every night to be traded out west.

Old
04-28-2011, 06:15 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliff View Post
I hate Lucic. Lucic is a player 29 other teams love to hate but all secretly would love him on their team.

I mean the guy scored 30 goals while being a pest, being physical and being gritty. How much more can you ask from a player? He's usually a pain to play against because he can be scary in so many situations.

The Bruins are lucky to have him, and as a Habs fan, I wouldnt want to give up what it would take to get him out of Boston.

He's one of those players along with Chara who I pray every night to be traded out west.
If it makes you feel any better bud. I've seen one season of Subban and I've been praying you guys decide to trade him out west as well.

Kid is going to be an amazing player in this league for years to come. Habs and B's with two second round gems that 29 other teams are kicking themselves over.

Old
04-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
In the words of that fine old band from Boston, "Dream On."

Old
04-28-2011, 06:59 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton the Great View Post
He got pulled down?

Hello, Jack Edwards.

Subban is a ******* period. I love the skills he has, but he's a coward and a diver. Gutless chump.

Old
04-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Pliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
If it makes you feel any better bud. I've seen one season of Subban and I've been praying you guys decide to trade him out west as well.

Kid is going to be an amazing player in this league for years to come. Habs and B's with two second round gems that 29 other teams are kicking themselves over.
The awesome thing is that the future look very bright for both teams and it will be fun to see how the rivalry is passed onto the new generation. I foresee some really good matchups in the future!

Unfortunately, this was too good a series for you guys to steal the number 1 spot as my most hated team. You'll have to remain the number two behind the flyers.

I was expecting a very dirty series but what I got was a very fast paced, physical and intense matchup. It really could have gone either way. Real playoff hockey.

Old
04-28-2011, 07:29 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Lucic isn't worth Subban. For some reason I see Lucic's style of play is going to lead him into injury troubles if it hasn't already. He wasn't good at all against Montreal.

I realize the OP was just asking a simple question, but it is kind of silly/naive to have even brought it up.

Old
04-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Too much for the Canadiens to want to give up.

Old
04-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Skeletaur

I would never trade Subban for Lucic. There isn't much I would trade Subban for at all.

Old
04-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
What the hell is this thread?

3 of these 4 guys showed up in the last 7 games.

I'll give you a hint so you can guess who I'm talking about ; none of them play for Boston.

Lucic isn't what Montreal needs. Montreal's team identity is speed and skill, we need our core players to fit this mold.
OT Points Lucic 2...All the habs 0. He didn't have a good series but when needed came up big.

Old
04-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
Lol. Lucic isn't going anywhere unless MTL wants to give up two of Subban, Price, and Cammaleri.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance uppercut 83 View Post
it doesn't matter who had a better series at the end of the day if montreal wants lucic, one of boston's best players and a fan favourite, it's going to take a massive overpayment.

habs fans may think subban is fair value but it's not going to get anything done. you'd be looking at something ridiculous like price and subban just to get boston to even think about trading lucic to their biggest rival. that's why this conversation isn't even worth having.
If there is any fanbase that knows about overpaying to get assets from Boston, its the Leafs.

ZING!

Old
04-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post

Subban is a ******* period. I love the skills he has, but he's a coward and a diver. Gutless chump.
Right. Because you know him well enough personally to call him a coward.

Old
04-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Timmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Title says it all. What give?

Is it even possible to begin with?
Anything's possible, except this thread remaining open.

Closed Thread