HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Knuble article in The Boston Herald

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2004, 10:09 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 569
Knuble article in The Boston Herald

This Mike Knuble article was in Sunday's (7/11) Boston Herald:

http://bruins.bostonherald.com/bruin...rticleid=35170

Old
07-11-2004, 11:03 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 569
Did anyone notice the caption that named "Wexel" Zhamnov?

Old
07-11-2004, 11:16 AM
iceman42

vCash: 500
Wexel, did anyone do research on that, maybe thats his middle name

Old
07-11-2004, 02:55 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

I bought the Herald today and i did not see the caption until it was mentioned on the thread.
nice proof reading at the Herald :lol

Old
07-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Nhlyounggun11

haha

Old
07-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Where the hell did Wexel come from? How close are alexei and Wexel? Stupid herald.

Old
07-12-2004, 05:58 PM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
I bought the Herald today...
Sorry to hear that. Why not just turn on WEEI and listen to Callahan whine and moan all morning?

Old
07-13-2004, 01:01 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
Sorry to hear that. Why not just turn on WEEI and listen to Callahan whine and moan all morning?
LMFAO!
eh i needed something to read while i ate breakfast at Bickfords on my way home from Philly this weekend.

Old
07-13-2004, 10:03 AM
stanley

If you ever go up again, stop by S&S or Ryles (same owner) in Cambridge. The wait staff at the former can be downright rude, although the food is really good so you don't mind it at all.

Anywho, Dennis & Callahan aren't that bad - they played VT State Cops in "Me, Myself, and Irene," along with Seabass. For those of you not familiar with Boston sports radio, it's not much unlike WIP except it's all Red Sox instead of Eagles.

Old
07-13-2004, 11:47 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
If you ever go up again, stop by S&S or Ryles (same owner) in Cambridge. The wait staff at the former can be downright rude, although the food is really good so you don't mind it at all.

Anywho, Dennis & Callahan aren't that bad - they played VT State Cops in "Me, Myself, and Irene," along with Seabass. For those of you not familiar with Boston sports radio, it's not much unlike WIP except it's all Red Sox instead of Eagles.
i go no where near Cambridge on the way home. straight up 91 into VT. and then into New Hampshire. i live in the western part of the state.
I'll keep it in mind thou next time im in the Boston area.

Old
07-13-2004, 12:34 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
I'll have to disagree with that assesment of Denis & Callahan. Callahan might not be a bad sports writer...I don't know, I don't read the Herald. But I certainly wouldn't know from listening to his show, which is 4 hours or so of him ranting about the latest Democrat/liberal/politically correct thing that's annoyed him, and Denis merely enabling all of that and spurring him along. When they do talk sports, which is rare indeed (at least during the times I've listened on my 25-30 minute commute to work), he's usually ok, but then again, I haven't had a good chance to listen to WIP regularly since I was 7, so I have no comparison there. And no, I don't listen to them anymore...I got sick of never hearing sports talk on, so I've moved on to using the huge CD collection I have.

I will say that I find that the afternoon show (hosted by Glenn Ordway) has possibly the least knowledgable hockey person on I've ever heard, Pete Sheppard. Besides the fact that he's almost incomprehensible at times, the stuff he comes out with about the NHL is mind-bogglingly stupid most of the time. But that's just a little something I've always wanted to vent about. It does sound like sports shows are the same all over, just changing the name of the main team and the accent. That's kind of unfortunate, actually...

Closed Thread